Arm wrestling: Luke Hobbs vs M'Baku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
Best out of five.

Who wins?

HulkIsHulk
Probably Hobbs

FrothByte
Hobbs is borderline superhuman. Probably even low-level superhuman if he was in the MCU. He should win.

Estacado
M'baku is just a fatboi who wants to be funny...

KingD19
As strong as M'Baku is, Hobbs has multiple feats that eclipse the few he has.

John Murdoch
Going by Fast and Furious logic, Hobbs meets M'Baku for this arm-wrasslin' match while he still has his cast on from Furious 7. M'Baku beat Hobbs when using their strong arms. However, Hobbs gets focused, flexes, his cast breaks off, and then Hobbs beats M'Baku with his fractured arm. There is now a draw along with a mutual respect among warriors, leading into the big third act finale set piece.

EDIT: Best out of 5? 2-2 draw, followed by these words from Hobbs: "Whoever wrestles down Shaw gets the final round, big man."

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by John Murdoch
EDIT: Best out of 5? 2-2 draw, followed by these words from Hobbs: "Whoever wrestles down Shaw gets the final round, big man."

Both of them would wreck Shaw in arm-wrestling though, as I don't really recall many strength feats from him. stick out tongue

Deckard's advantage was his incredible speed and agility, whereas Hobbs is basically the man-shaped steamroller.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Both of them would wreck Shaw in arm-wrestling though, as I don't really recall many strength feats from him. stick out tongue

Deckard's advantage was his incredible speed and agility, whereas Hobbs is basically the man-shaped steamroller.
While Shaw would get destroyed in an arm wrestle with either two, he did have atleast regular action hero movie strength. He did send Dom and Hobbs flying with some of hits in their fights. During the prison escape he hit a guard in the face hard enough have him spin 360 degrees in the air, forcedvan inmate through multiple rubber bullet shotgun blasts, took out a guard by throwing a shotgun in his face, and took out two guards simultaneously with a drop kick.
And he could take hits just as good as either of the two. I mean in FF7 he came out worse than Dom in the chicken game before their climax fight, and then got beat up and down by him but was coming back for more.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
While Shaw would get destroyed in an arm wrestle with either two, he did have atleast regular action hero movie strength. He did send Dom and Hobbs flying with some of hits in their fights. During the prison escape he hit a guard in the face hard enough have him spin 360 degrees in the air, forcedvan inmate through multiple rubber bullet shotgun blasts, took out a guard by throwing a shotgun in his face, and took out two guards simultaneously with a drop kick.
And he could take hits just as good as either of the two. I mean in FF7 he came out worse than Dom in the chicken game before their climax fight, and then got beat up and down by him but was coming back for more.

Oh, Shaw is definitely not weak, physically. But Hobbs is like a cartoon at this point. And M'Baku himself can casually toss fully grown men like 10 feet, using only one hand IIRC.

And yeah, in terms of damage soak, Shaw is right up there. Guy was shrugging off being supplexed onto car hoods when fighting Dom. But then a full-on fight is a different story to an arm-wrestling match. I'd give Shaw the win over M'Baku in an all-out duel.

What amused me about the F&F prison scene though is that it showed that Hobbs is naturally more durable than normal people in full riot gear are lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.