Agent Smith vs. Seraph

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Agent Smith (Matrix 1) Round 1

Agent Smith during his clone fight ( Round 2)

Who wins

FrothByte
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in the movie that Seraph had already beaten Regular Smith before.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by carthage
Agent Smith (Matrix 1) Round 1

Agent Smith during his clone fight ( Round 2)

Who wins

Smith!

If I remember correctly, Neo was the first person to ever defeat an agent.

FrothByte
Seraph: "I have beaten you before."
Agent Smith: "Yes, true. But as you can see, things are different now."

^ the above discussion seems to indicate that Serpah wins against regular Agent Smith but loses to Virus Smith.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by FrothByte
Seraph: "I have beaten you before."
Agent Smith: "Yes, true. But as you can see, things are different now."

^ the above discussion seems to indicate that Serpah wins against regular Agent Smith but loses to Virus Smith.

Come on Froth! We aren't fighting, you can quote me!!

As I said, am not entirely sure, but I do remember hearing something like Neo being the first one to defeat an Agent.

Josh_Alexander
I found the Seraph vs Smith scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-nPQQWIf3c

Seraph seems to imply that he has 'beaten' Smith before, which is clearly not the same as defeating.
I don't think Seraph has ever defeated an Agent.

However, after seeing the Seraph sparing with Neo in Reloaded i think he can defeat normal Smith.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I found the Seraph vs Smith scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-nPQQWIf3c

Seraph seems to imply that he has 'beaten' Smith before, which is clearly not the same as defeating.
I don't think Seraph has ever defeated an Agent.

However, after seeing the Seraph sparing with Neo in Reloaded i think he can defeat normal Smith.

"Beaten" and "defeated" are literally synonyms. Seraph said he has beaten/defeated/won over Smith before and Smith agreed. That's all there is to it.

Josh_Alexander
"Beaten" and "defeated" are literally synonyms. Seraph said he has beaten/defeated/won over Smith before and Smith agreed. That's all there is to it.

Yes they are synonyms. A synonym a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase. They are not necessarily equals.

A person although winning a fight might still get beaten up by it's opponent for example.

As I said, i personally don't believe Seraph has defeated an Agent before. But am open to the idea that he might have defeated Seraph.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Yes they are synonyms. A synonym a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase. They are not necessarily equals.

A person although winning a fight might still get beaten up by it's opponent for example.

As I said, i personally don't believe Seraph has defeated an Agent before. But am open to the idea that he might have defeated Seraph.

You're entitled to your opinion. However as per the movie, Seraph had already defeated Smith before while he was an Agent. Therefore, Neo was not the first to defeat an agent. Though it should be noted that Seraph wasn't exactly a person either.

Josh_Alexander
You're entitled to your opinion. However as per the movie, Seraph had already defeated Smith before while he was an Agent. Therefore, Neo was not the first to defeat an agent. Though it should be noted that Seraph wasn't exactly a person either.

You are right. Seraph was a program. It makes sense.

Either way, Seraph handled himself well against Neo, he should be able to defeat Smith.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.