Qui-Gon Jinn vs Lumiya

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All-Out

Who wins?

victreebelvictr
Good match, I would think jinn, he was taught by dooku after all.

MythLord
Lumiya. She's better in every regard.

victreebelvictr
Not really, she got schooled by ventress, I th8nk qui gon would put more of a fight.

CuckedCurry

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Good match, I would think jinn, he was taught by dooku after all.

He was taught by Dooku but he still lost to a pre prime Darth Maul, while Lumiya contended with Luke Skywalker.

victreebelvictr

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
He was taught by Dooku but he still lost to a pre prime Darth Maul, while Lumiya contended with Luke Skywalker. that is true, however i do believe that they make some of the movies characters more weak than what they really are. for example, general greivous

victreebelvictr
luminara was powerful, but let me tell you some things that jinn can do that she cannot.
1. he was able to stay concious a little after his fatal wound
2. he trained with the five priestesses
3. he could be a force ghost
i do admit that he lost to maul, but may i point out that maul was stronger than ventress. ventress beat luminara, or at least had a 80% chance if tano wasnt there.

Jmanghan
i said jinn would put up a fight to ventress and luminqara lost. Lumiya and Luminara are 2 different people...

Trocity
Lumiya.

victreebelvictr

Trocity
Shut up, uneducated fool.

You can't read.

MythLord
luminara was powerful, but let me tell you some things that jinn can do that she cannot.
1. he was able to stay concious a little after his fatal wound
2. he trained with the five priestesses
3. he could be a force ghost
i do admit that he lost to maul, but may i point out that maul was stronger than ventress. ventress beat luminara, or at least had a 80% chance if tano wasnt there.

You're talking about LUMINARA FVCKING UNDULI, meanwhile we're talking about LUMIYA, you absolute doorknob.

victreebelvictr
good lord... oh well, my eye sight isnt what it used to be, oh well. than yes, i say lumiya. please forgive me, i guess i am a stupid cookie huh! embarrasment

Underachiever59
1. Sabers, I'd give to Lumiya with relative ease. A combination of a very unique weapon, and enough skill to contend with the likes of Luke Skywalker easily puts her above Qui-Gon.

2. Force, I'd hand to Qui-Gon. Lumiya's ability to use the Force was extremely hampered after the injuries that resulted in her becoming a cyborg. While she was masterful at using Force illusions and battle meditation, her actual combative uses of telekinesis were virtually non-existent. She pulled a blaster out of untrained Leia's hand once, and chucked a decapitated head at Luke once. Other than that, as far as I know, she's never directly attacked an opponent with the Force. At the very least, we have seen Qui-Gon use the Force to attack enemies from time to time.

3. All out, this is still Lumiya's game. Much like General Grievous, Lumiya is able to keep enough pressure on other Force wielders in lightsaber combat to prevent them from utilizing telekinesis in combat. Couple that with her greater reach in combat due to her whip, the unorthodox nature of her weapon, and how sparsely Jinn has been portrayed using the Force in combat, and I'm fairly certain his slight Force edge won't come into play here.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Underachiever59
1. Sabers, I'd give to Lumiya with relative ease. A combination of a very unique weapon, and enough skill to contend with the likes of Luke Skywalker easily puts her above Qui-Gon.

2. Force, I'd hand to Qui-Gon. Lumiya's ability to use the Force was extremely hampered after the injuries that resulted in her becoming a cyborg. While she was masterful at using Force illusions and battle meditation, her actual combative uses of telekinesis were virtually non-existent. She pulled a blaster out of untrained Leia's hand once, and chucked a decapitated head at Luke once. Other than that, as far as I know, she's never directly attacked an opponent with the Force. At the very least, we have seen Qui-Gon use the Force to attack enemies from time to time.

3. All out, this is still Lumiya's game. Much like General Grievous, Lumiya is able to keep enough pressure on other Force wielders in lightsaber combat to prevent them from utilizing telekinesis in combat. Couple that with her greater reach in combat due to her whip, the unorthodox nature of her weapon, and how sparsely Jinn has been portrayed using the Force in combat, and I'm fairly certain his slight Force edge won't come into play here. great post! I agree exactly the way you put it. Sorry, I need new glasses, you know... being 64 and all.

CuckedCurry
Lmao

victreebelvictr
sorry bout that, didnt know what you were talking about before curry.

Total Warrior
Luminaria would lose but Lumiya takes it

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Total Warrior
Luminaria would lose but Lumiya takes it agreed

CuckedCurry

victreebelvictr

Jmanghan
Luke was holding back immensely against her, as he does against most opponents, I've never seen the final fight between Luke and Lumiya, but I believe he went all-out and absolutely crushed her.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Luke was holding back immensely against her, as he does against most opponents, I've never seen the final fight between Luke and Lumiya, but I believe he went all-out and absolutely crushed her. wasnt he easy pickens at the time, you know, younger luke?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.