MCU Aerial Competitions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
This series of competitions will determine who the best flyer is among MCU characters. Here are your contestants:

Ironman
Warmachine
Thor w/ Mjolnir
Vision
Dr. Strange
Falcon
Vulture
Starlord w/ rocket boots
Ultron
Wanda

Here are the competitions:

Round 1: Fastest flier - 100 mile race, first to finish wins
Round 2: Most agile flier - contestants go through an aerial obstacle course that will require them to do numerous dips and dives, barrel rolls, sudden acceleration/deceleration, sharp cornering, etc. Who gives the best display?
Round 3: Aerial tag - contestants each have a ribbon tied around their arm. They fly around trying to remove ribbons from other contestants to eliminate them. Last one with a ribbon wins.

Rules: All contestants must remain airborne during rounds. If they touch the ground they're eliminated. Contestants cannot use any of their other powers asides from their flight and natural athleticism. Contestants cannot attack each other.

KingD19
1. Thor easily. Mjolnir was hitting orbit in seconds from ground level and getting back down to Earth just as fast.

2. Star-Lord is probably the most agile as his is more propelled hovering than flight most of the time, and he's so used to zero-g in space that he can move and contort his body far better than everyone save Falcon, who is a close second, but moves too fast to be as maneuverable as Quill.

Not really sure about round 3.

Darth Thor
I think Vision might be the most agile. Just seems that way to me the way he floats through the air so easily/naturally.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor is the fastest followed by IW Iron Man.

Adam Grimes
Strange and Vision look the most maneuverable with Starlord being #2.

Josh_Alexander
Fastest: MK 50 Iron Man
Agility: Vision/Strange
Tag competition: Vision.

KingD19
What feats do Strange and Vision have of beating Pete in maneuverability? Saying they look better means nothing.

And when has any IM suit matched Mjolnir's speed?

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by KingD19
What feats do Strange and Vision have of beating Pete in maneuverability? Saying they look better means nothing.

The cloak of Levitation is very maneuverable not to mention it has self awareness protecting Strange while flying. Vision doesn't only fly, he floats/levitates making him very maneuverable, it's like gravity doesn't affect him.

Quill is very meanuverable too, but his repulsors seem...unstable to me.

We are debating whose the fastest flying not which object is the fastest flying! Thor's flight has never rivaled IM's!

FrothByte

They don't have the feats but they are backed up by logic. Starlord relies on propulsion from his boots whereas Vision and Strange can completely levitate... which means they should be able to do maneuvers like hang upside down in the air without moving, especially Vision. My problem with Strange is due to his human physiology I'm not sure he can handle too much g-force from extreme speed or maneuvers.

Problem with Vision is we never really get any feats for him aggressively flying.

KingD19
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
The cloak of Levitation is very maneuverable not to mention it has self awareness protecting Strange while flying. Vision doesn't only fly, he floats/levitates making him very maneuverable, it's like gravity doesn't affect him.

Quill is very meanuverable too, but his repulsors seem...unstable to me.

We are debating whose the fastest flying not which object is the fastest flying! Thor's flight has never rivaled IM's!

Did you watch Dark World? Mjolnir has achieved orbit from the ground almost instantly. Nothing is even near that fast as IW Tony with his huge jet booster still took quite a while to catch up to Ebony Maw's ship. Thor could fly that fast as his method of flying(Mjolnir) has done so.

And while Vision and Strange should be better we've seen Quill take out an entire group just boosting around and using his tech. Until Strange or Vision does anything as impressive or ya know...do anything period, this can be a different convo.

Josh_Alexander
Did you watch Dark World? Mjolnir has achieved orbit from the ground almost instantly. Nothing is even near that fast as IW Tony with his huge jet booster still took quite a while to catch up to Ebony Maw's ship. Thor could fly that fast as his method of flying(Mjolnir) has done so.

And while Vision and Strange should be better we've seen Quill take out an entire group just boosting around and using his tech. Until Strange or Vision does anything as impressive or ya know...do anything period, this can be a different convo.

I have! Did you manage to grasp the tons of inconsistencies within the movie!?

Am aware of the scene. Yet it doesnt mean Thor is flying that fast. Mjolnir returning to his master's hands and Mjolnir flying Thor are two different feats. Just like throwing Mjonir and making it return are different in nature.

Starlord is maneuverable but i find him... clumsy. His repulsors make him clumsy. Vision and Strange are just smooth while flying! They levitate.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by FrothByte
They don't have the feats but they are backed up by logic. Starlord relies on propulsion from his boots whereas Vision and Strange can completely levitate... which means they should be able to do maneuvers like hang upside down in the air without moving, especially Vision. My problem with Strange is due to his human physiology I'm not sure he can handle too much g-force from extreme speed or maneuvers.

Problem with Vision is we never really get any feats for him aggressively flying.

thumb up

HulkIsHulk
1. Tossup between Thor and Iron Man
2. Quill then Iron Man then Vulture then Strange
3. Vulture then Quill then Vision then Strange

FrothByte
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
1. Tossup between Thor and Iron Man
2. Quill then Iron Man then Vulture then Strange
3. Vulture then Quill then Vision then Strange

Curious on why you think Vulture wins the 3rd round.

HulkIsHulk
Vulture's got four hands with his movable foot talons of his suit, plus the wing metal feathers which have some independent movement of their own, which means he's got a lot of this to grab stuff with while protecting himself, plus decent maneuverability as well

TheVaultDweller
When it comes to pure aerial agility, I still feel like Falcon outclasses a lot of the guys on this list.

sNKFukHMhHI

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.