Mystique vs. Mandarin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
What do you think?
https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.fiDBesc2jVw8DAgE4OoqVgHaJY&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300
vs.
https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.VNl7cRoJXBZv9PAZ21p8-gHaKV&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

VanMae
Spite. Mandarin could beat her just using his chi-powers, nevermind his rings.

deathslash
Mandarin wins, but I'm doubtful about how easily he'd beat her without the rings. After all, she's taken some serious hits over the years and kept going, she can shift her appendages into lethal weapons, and mandarin has actually had difficulty with a significantly less skilled martial artist (iron man).

But yeah, with the rings, mandarin wins 10/10.

VanMae
...Iron Man can lift 85 tons. Having trouble with him is not a sign that Mystique stands a chance.

deathslash
Originally posted by VanMae
...Iron Man can lift 85 tons. Having trouble with him is not a sign that Mystique stands a chance. he has (or at least had) significantly less skill that her and could still dodge several of the Mandarin's attacks. Let's also not forget, she's taken hits from Rogue.

CosmicComet
Iron man is stronger than rogue. And much faster than mystique in reflexes.

And how hard would Rogue be willing to hit Mystique anyway?

deathslash
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Iron man is stronger than rogue. And much faster than mystique in reflexes.

And how hard would Rogue be willing to hit Mystique anyway? she's actually tried to kill her on several occasions so.....pretty hard I guess.

Also, last time I checked, rogue had classic Ms Marvel level strength and we all know how Tony did against her......

zopzop
Originally posted by deathslash
Also, last time I checked, rogue had classic Ms Marvel level strength
This is incorrect. Rogue with Ms. Marvel's power was SEVERAL TIMES stronger than classic Ms. Marvel. This was displayed on panel and even mentioned in her handbook entry.

IM fought classic Ms Marvel? When?

Wonder Man
Remember when Doctor Doom tried to morph that Asgardian girl Valeria.
You know how hard it is to kill a metamorph.

StiltmanFTW
...Iron Man can lift 85 tons. Having trouble with him is not a sign that Mystique stands a chance.

1) Stop using handbooks. He's been a solid Class 100 for decades.

2) He's done well against Mandy without his suit. And before Extremis.

VanMae
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
1) Stop using handbooks. He's been a solid Class 100 for decades.

That just strengthens my argument.

When?

StiltmanFTW
When?

Hands of the Mandarin arc.

Then you have Tales of Suspense #86, in which Tony removed his armored gauntlets and KO'd Mandarin with two punches.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Hands of the Mandarin arc.

Then you have Tales of Suspense #86, in which Tony removed his armored gauntlets and KO'd Mandarin with two punches.
Was that while or after Mandarin wore an M emblem on his chest?

This is important.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Was that while or after Mandarin wore an M emblem on his chest?

This is important.

Hands of the Mandarin, after.

Tales of Suspense, while.

VanMae
In Hands of the Mandarin, Tony surprised him with one punch, and then Mandarin owned him.

Tales of Suspense was after a long, draining fight in which Mandy was already basically done. It was a humiliating finisher, but more in the vein of blowing really hard to comically blow over someone already 99.99% defeated by more powerful attacks, rather then a sign that Tony could do this to a fresh Mandarin.

StiltmanFTW
In Hands of the Mandarin, Tony surprised him with one punch, and then Mandarin owned him.

Mandarin failed to KO him despite landing like a dozen of blows. Tony even still had the strength to cheapshot him with his helmet later.

Tales of Suspense was after a long, draining fight in which Mandy was already basically done. It was a humiliating finisher, but more in the vein of blowing really hard to comically blow over someone already 99.99% defeated by more powerful attacks, rather then a sign that Tony could do this to a fresh Mandarin.

I need to remind you that "fresh" Mandarin passed out from the pain after he hurt his hand on Tony's successful block stick out tongue

Wonder Man
Yeah but if Mandarin hurt his hand then he won't ever be able to hide from Dr. Strange who got hurt that way and will never have white magic.
And while Dr. Strange's magic is alive he can amp up any one he wants to.
Including humans and mutants.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--9AAcMkjq8w/T8QOsRiWd_I/AAAAAAAABlA/0SgZJHuA_Wk/s1600/002.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.