Bushmaster Vs Batfleck

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
H2H Batman has standard gear, Bushmaster has his herb.

FrothByte
Jeeze, Bushmaster stomps.

Putinbot1
You think? Batman took beatings from Parademons. Just playing devil's advocate here.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Putinbot1
You think? Batman took beatings from Parademons. Just playing devil's advocate here.

parademons were cannon fodder... Bushmaster stomps

NemeBro
Bushmaster holds every physical advantage. Batfleck might be more skilled but it doesn't matter against an opponent many times quicker, stronger, and tougher. Bushmaster easily. thumb up

Putinbot1
I did like Bushmaster very much, tbh, I think the guy playing him could make an interesting spin-off series, almost breaking bad with powers. I think Netflix has had several great villains in Kingpin, Purple Man and Bushmaster.

NemeBro
Kilgrave not being called Purple Man (and not being purple for that matter) is proof that the show is better than the comics in that instance. smile

carthage

NemeBro
Based on what?

TheVaultDweller
Batman could very well be more skilled. Problem is he lacks pure H2H feats against skilled opponents. He normally has gear, or prep, or the element of surprise, or is fighting fodder, or some combination of it.

But even if he is more skilled, as you say, there is way too much of a stat gap.

TheVaultDweller
I did like Bushmaster very much, tbh, I think the guy playing him could make an interesting spin-off series, almost breaking bad with powers. I think Netflix has had several great villains in Kingpin, Purple Man and Bushmaster.

Both Bushmaster and Mariah were brilliant, even though they were very different characters. Though, as I mentioned in the actual LC show discussion thread a while back, another surprise standout for me was Comanche. I initially thought they were just going to put him in a generic thug role, but his whole character, backstory with Shades etc. was well executed IMO.

But yeah, in general, MCU Netflix villains have been good. Only a -Hand-ful (excuse the pun) of really bad ones so far, as well as turtle-suit man... errr... I mean Diamondback.

John Murdoch
^Haha I like that. Yep the Hand was trash IMO. A good overarching villainous organization of mystical ninjas led by a mysterious group of five immortals. Premise was excellent, execution was a soup sandwich.

I liked Diamondback just because he was such an over-the-top, Warriors quote-spewing madman of a supervillain, which is in stark contrast to Cornell, Shades, Mariah, Comanche, and even Bushmaster.

All of Cage's rogues gallery has been A+ so far, and yes Comanche and Shades' relationship was one of the best part of season 2 along with John. I actually cared about and even halfway teared up when Shades shoots and then kills Comanche. They went from two criminals from the first season to brothers that were trying to get ahead and away from the life in which they had become embroiled, just through two very different ways. They were evil, but it's like Shades said, "It was gonna be different this time."

Anyways, for the thread at hand, yep Bushmaster sends Batfleck to the hospital. Amped up on nightshade, John did the following:
- Knocked out Luke
- Tanked bullets
- Lived through the grenade explosion in the paddy wagon

Then there is the fact that he knocked down the feet-thick steel door with some elbow strikes (I know it was the nightshade supershot that allowed him to do this, but I'm putting it here just to show the difference in stats between him and Batfleck).

JL should have given Bats a more Captain America type of amp (First Avenger to Winter Soldier style), but instead he just drove cars and transformers around and struggled mightily against every fodder that came along.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by John Murdoch
but instead he just crashed cars and transformers around

Fixed that for you.

But yeah, the Hand was hot garbage, except for Madame Gao. Who, realistically, is actually the only member who could still be alive. I mean Murakami was -technically- alive when we last saw him, but he was a bloody, battered mess with a pole right through his torso, after falling several floors in height off the elevator Luke and Danny were on, and essentially trapped and pinned to the ground when the building went down on top of him. Gao on the other hand was still seemingly totally fine, and perfectly capable of still making an exit, especially if Matt somehow got out. The sneaky, old crone outplayed all the other Fingers in the end.

h1a8
Gas maybe?
How long does nightshade lasts?

TheVaultDweller
OP says H2H, so I am assuming gear means Batman is wearing his suit, but some clarification would help. And long enough that it never wore off in any of the fights he was in (I'm guessing a few hours per fix, so to speak), and that he was pretty much always amped to some level (for example, smashing or tearing things to pieces when angered during random conversations, not necessarily specifically prepped for a fight).

Longest period I can specifically think of is probably the 3rd fight with Cage, which he lost. Because they then still had the police come in, do their thing, arrest him, talk to witnesses and the rest of the whole standard procedure, and then he basically blew himself (let an explosive detonate in the palm of his hand) up mid-transport in order to escape, so the Nightshade was still working several minutes after his fight with Cage had ended and they were taking him to prison.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Fixed that for you.

But yeah, the Hand was hot garbage, except for Madame Gao. Who, realistically, is actually the only member who could still be alive. I mean Murakami was -technically- alive when we last saw him, but he was a bloody, battered mess with a pole right through his torso, after falling several floors in height off the elevator Luke and Danny were on, and essentially trapped and pinned to the ground when the building went down on top of him. Gao on the other hand was still seemingly totally fine, and perfectly capable of still making an exit, especially if Matt somehow got out. The sneaky, old crone outplayed all the other Fingers in the end.

Thanks for that smile

Gao was definitely the standout. Alexandra, Sowande, Murakami, and the king of the dump Bakuto were all just trash.

EDIT: Any news if Gao is in IF season 2? I haven't watched any trailers or read up on it any.

h1a8
OP says H2H, so I am assuming gear means Batman is wearing his suit, but some clarification would help. And long enough that it never wore off in any of the fights he was in (I'm guessing a few hours per fix, so to speak), and that he was pretty much always amped to some level (for example, smashing or tearing things to pieces when angered during random conversations, not necessarily specifically prepped for a fight).

Longest period I can specifically think of is probably the 3rd fight with Cage, which he lost. Because they then still had the police come in, do their thing, arrest him, talk to witnesses and the rest of the whole standard procedure, and then he basically blew himself (let an explosive detonate in the palm of his hand) up mid-transport in order to escape, so the Nightshade was still working several minutes after his fight with Cage had ended and they were taking him to prison.
Well bushmaster wins then. Batman needs some gadgets to make this a fight.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
Gas maybe?
How long does nightshade lasts?

Since when is gas included in H2H?

Surtur
Originally posted by NemeBro
Kilgrave not being called Purple Man (and not being purple for that matter) is proof that the show is better than the comics in that instance. smile

Well he does briefly flash purple...once. Lol.

TheVaultDweller
To be fair, it wasn't like his skin fully turned purple. More like the veins in his face and neck turned purple and became more prominent. And it was only when forcefully using his powers after they were amplified:

https://www.themarysue.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/1533514250789959970.png

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
Since when is gas included in H2H?

Your extremely late. Didn't you see the correction before you posted?

Silent Master

H2H was the very first thing the OP stated, so how is it that you had to be told by other posters that this was a H2H fight?

h1a8
I asked you this question first.

Silent Master
I asked you this question first.

I saw it, but it didn't answer my question.

Now, H2H was the very first thing the OP stated, so how is it that you had to be told by other posters that this was a H2H fight?

carthage

Putinbot1
How about if we change stips and Batfleck gets access to his belt and weapons, clearly not the crawler etc though. Just what he's wearing and @Neme, Surtur, VD etc, yeah I always think Purple Man for Killgrave, despite you all being completely right when you say he wasn't.

NemeBro
Can't quote cowardly carthage cause KMC is cancer but does Luke have any showings to demonstrate he could dominate a group of mercs in hand to hand without his superpowers?

Do either him or Bushmaster have feats against people without superhuman stats?

Because I certainly wouldn't put Luke Cage near Batfleck in terms of skill, either in terms of onscreen showings or hype, and Luke frankly was dominating Bushmaster in their second fight largely due to superior boxing.

TheVaultDweller
How about if we change stips and Batfleck gets access to his belt and weapons, clearly not the crawler etc though. Just what he's wearing and @Neme, Surtur, VD etc, yeah I always think Purple Man for Killgrave, despite you all being completely right when you say he wasn't.

If Batman had some gear (say, the stuff he seemed to carry as standard in Justice League), then it actually becomes an interesting fight. Batarangs, grappling hook, explosive pellets etc. give him a definite range advantage. Up close, John would still have the edge. But if Bruce can soften him up some before that (Bushmaster can survive things like explosives, but can't fully tank them like Cage does), it could make things a lot closer. So, yeah, Bats would definitely have a solid shot then.

h1a8
I saw it, but it didn't answer my question.

Now, H2H was the very first thing the OP stated, so how is it that you had to be told by other posters that this was a H2H fight?

Well if you saw it then why post about it? You just like trolling?

Silent Master
Well if you saw it then why post about it? You just like trolling?

Stop being dishonest and just answer my question.

Putinbot1
If Batman had some gear (say, the stuff he seemed to carry as standard in Justice League), then it actually becomes an interesting fight. Batarangs, grappling hook, explosive pellets etc. give him a definite range advantage. Up close, John would still have the edge. But if Bruce can soften him up some before that (Bushmaster can survive things like explosives, but can't fully tank them like Cage does), it could make things a lot closer. So, yeah, Bats would definitely have a solid shot then. I gave the bat with ranged attacks 7/10

h1a8
Stop being dishonest and just answer my question.

Dishonest?

KingD19
Dishonest?

Blatantly lying and making shit up all the time is dishonest. So you're dishonest. Do you need that explained too?

Silent Master
Dishonest?

Yes, for one thing. asking if I've seen your earlier post, when sed post had nothing to do with the question I asked.

Now, stop dodging and answer my question. just in case you forgot what the question was, it was, seeing as H2H was the first thing the OP said, why did you need to be told this was a H2H fight?

Putinbot1
JJust ignore h1 guys and don't let his often amusing game spoil the thread.

h1a8

h1a8
JJust ignore h1 guys and don't let his often amusing game spoil the thread.

So you support Silents trolling?
Good to know.

Silent Master
Just to further prove that h1 is a liar. here is the earlier post he keeps asking if I've seen.

Well bushmaster wins then. Batman needs some gadgets to make this a fight.

As everyone can clearly see, at no point in that post does h1 address why he needed to be told this was a H2H fight. which is the question is refusing to answer, see below

H2H was the very first thing the OP stated, so how is it that you had to be told by other posters that this was a H2H fight?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.