Superman and Thor Vs Thanos's forces

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
I've never got why people think Thor and Supes wouldn't get on they are both noble, prone to pompous speeches and usually pussy whipped.

I think the two of them would be firm friends much like how Hyperion and Odinson were portrayed only the screen versions I feel would be even more brokeback mountain.

This thread is about what if Superman replaced the Avengers, how would he and Thor do alone against the Black Order and the Chitari?

NemeBro
Superman alone is enough.

Hell, Thor as of Infinity War alone is probably enough.

quanchi112
Nah, watch the movies. NemeBro and his fanboyism tends to get carried away. Just like with that pansy Link in the old days.

Arachnid1
Make Thor one of Thanos's forces and solo Supes would still be enough.

Eon Blue
Superman alone is enough. Thor is just the frosting on top.

cdtm
So what is Thor here for? Cheerleading?

NotAllThatEvil
Steve stole his beard. Clark stole his Cape. He really doesn't have a lot going for him right now

quanchi112
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Make Thor one of Thanos's forces and solo Supes would still be enough. Nah, Superman was defeated by an inanimate object an oil rig and once by that rich human, Batman.

Eon Blue
Thor is the perfect moral support. A wonderful cheerleader.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Thor is the perfect moral support. A wonderful cheerleader. Thor is manlier and more heroic than murdering crybaby Superman.

Flyattractor
Wrong Forum. MOVE IT MODS!!!!!!!

John Murdoch
Thanos gets on indeed.com to post some job announcements...a lot of entry level positions just opened up.

FrothByte
Either Superman or Thor w/ Stormbreaker on their own can probably solo. Thor can take care of the army faster whereas Superman can take care of the BO easier. Putting them together makes this overkill.

Adam Grimes
Superman solos them even If Thanos was there. Thor could probably do it too.

Robtard
So everyone agrees, DCU Superman could solo Thanos' armies and Thanos for that matter.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Robtard
So everyone agrees, DCU Superman could solo Thanos' armies and Thanos for that matter.

Screenrant has a series called Pitch Meeting on YouTube (check it out if you haven't, entertaining satire pieces on our beloved nerdy films). Their video on Avengers: IW breaks it down as so: we (the MCU filmmakers) have given these superheroes so many powers that they should be able to handle anything Thanos throws at them, so we'll have Dr. Strange do something with the time gem to hand wave all the possibilities for victory so the plot can drive on.

Superman and Thor w/ Stormbreaker could beat Thanos and his armies, Superman could solo, Thor w/ Stormbreaker should be able to solo, and - for that matter - the Avengers even without Thor could beat Thanos without PIS/CIS involved. However, a non-PIS/CIS Thanos could turn everyone into play-doh if a speedster-type character didn't stop him first; Thanos has a wide variety of options at his disposal.

So ya, Supes unhinged going speedster mode does the following:
- beats down Thanos and yanks the gauntlet off his southpaw
- beats down the Black Order
- blows up his ships
- vaporizes his army
Just a matter of time. HOWEVER, Thanos wins if Supes concentrates on everything else first, allowing for some reality and/or time gem hijinks. Thing is, in IW, Thanos was fond of fighting all the Avengers that challenged him instead of doing the insta-kill thing with the gauntlet, which he would immediately regret doing with Cavill-Clark.

We all (besides a certain poster who shall not be named here) know this.

Surtur
Here is what goes down:

Thanos: Hey I'm Thanos, I'm all about balance! I killed half the universe cuz there weren't enough resources! Fear me!

Superman: Why not just use your power to make the resources endless? It sounds like you're a child just making excuses for his murderous tendencies.

Thanos: Well you see...

Superman: Did you make everyone sterile?

Thanos: What? What do you mean?

Superman: If people aren't sterile...isn't it true that sooner or later the universe will be just as out of balance as it was before you came along? It might take a while, but it's going to happen and it appears the infinity gauntlet is all used up...

Superman: Did you at least make sure to kill Tony Stark? Feels like that guy always manages to f*ck up your plans.

Thanos: Well no...

Superman: You're not very good at whatever it is you do, are you? I'm gonna punch your face now at extreme speeds.

*punches him at super speed*

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Surtur
Here is what goes down:

Thanos: Hey I'm Thanos, I'm all about balance! I killed half the universe cuz there weren't enough resources! Fear me!

Superman: Why not just use your power to make the resources endless? It sounds like you're a child just making excuses for his murderous tendencies.

Superman: Did you make everyone sterile?

Thanos: What? What do you mean?

Superman: If people aren't sterile...isn't it true that sooner or later the universe will be just as out of balance as it was before you came along? It might take a while, but it's going to happen and it appears the infinity gauntlet is all used up...

Superman: Did you at least make sure to kill Tony Stark? Feels like that guy always manages to f*ck up your plans.

Thanos: Well no...

Superman: You're not very good at whatever it is you do, are you? I'm gonna punch your face now at extreme speeds.

*punches him at super speed*

I smell a crossover.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Surtur
Here is what goes down:

Superman: Not bad. I know a thing or two about killing people myself. Bad and innocents included.

Fixed

Surtur
Originally posted by Inhuman
Fixed

If you wanna compare Supes first real fight as a superhero to the dipshit plan Thanos had in the making for years...you go on and do so.

Supes still comes out looking infinitely better.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
So everyone agrees, DCU Superman could solo Thanos' armies and Thanos for that matter. Nah, Superman failed to solo Batman with his whore mothers fate on the line. Thanos would solo the JL.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Superman solos them even If Thanos was there. Thor could probably do it too. Nah, no proof whatsoever just speculation. Thanos is the more polished fighter than either and Supermans past history says otherwise. He did not even beat an inexperienced JL who were trying to talk him down not kick his ass.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.