Wolverine vs. MCU Corvus Glaive

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Prime Logan

Who wins

quanchi112
Corvus Glaive stomps.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by carthage
Prime Logan

Who wins

Logan 100-0

quanchi112
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Logan 100-0 Based on?

Flyattractor
Reality. Well Comic Book Reality.

FrothByte
Corvus wins.

HulkIsHulk
Unless Wolverine gets an Uber skill and speed boost, he's done for

Flyattractor
Little Jimmy don't need skill. He has a HF. That Trumps All.

HulkIsHulk
If he can hit his opponent that is...

Flyattractor
Little Jimmy in his prime don't get tired for a very long time.

Josh_Alexander
This is how it plays. Curvus impales Logan. Logan then impales Curvus with his adamantium claws.

Difference here is that while Logan will be fine curvus will be dead. Thread done.

HulkIsHulk
Corvus was able to deflect Sonic blasts, missiles and Vision's energy beam. You think Logan's gonna get a stab in?
Wolverine has a chance if he has prior knowledge of Corvus, but otherwise he's toast. He can win if he gets a stab in but that's unlikely.

KingD19
Corvus also took plenty of hits from Capb Widow, Vision and Wanda. Don't act like Logan wont land a hit when he was shown to be extremely impressive in a fight from Origins onward.

HulkIsHulk
Cap suckered Corvus. Same for Widow. Vision just overpowered him. It's not like Corvus could do anything against Wanda whose a telekinetic.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
Corvus also took plenty of hits from Capb Widow, Vision and Wanda. Don't act like Logan wont land a hit when he was shown to be extremely impressive in a fight from Origins onward.

Yes, he got hit while getting double, triple and quadruple teamed.

Besides, Wolverine is neither as strong as Vision, as skilled as Cap or BW, as mobile as Falcon nor does he have long-range attacks like Wanda.

He's a brawler who doesn't have as much reach or strength as Corvus. He'll charge straight in and get a spear to the chest then lifted up in the air where he'll be helpless. Once Corvus realizes this doesn't kill him he'll just cut Logan's head off.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Corvus was able to deflect Sonic blasts, missiles and Vision's energy beam. You think Logan's gonna get a stab in?
Wolverine has a chance if he has prior knowledge of Corvus, but otherwise he's toast. He can win if he gets a stab in but that's unlikely.

And you forget that Corvus doesnt have prep knowledge of Wolverine.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by FrothByte
Yes, he got hit while getting double, triple and quadruple teamed.

Besides, Wolverine is neither as strong as Vision, as skilled as Cap or BW, as mobile as Falcon nor does he have long-range attacks like Wanda.

He's a brawler who doesn't have as much reach or strength as Corvus. He'll charge straight in and get a spear to the chest then lifted up in the air where he'll be helpless. Once Corvus realizes this doesn't kill him he'll just cut Logan's head off.

And how is he cutting through Adamantium exactly?

FrothByte
And how is he cutting through Adamantium exactly?

Same way he cut through vibranium.

Flyattractor

Poor and Inconsistent writing?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Flyattractor

How was it poor and inconsistent writing?

Josh_Alexander

Except Vision isnt made of pure vibranium It's actually a mix between vibranium and organic fibers.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Flyattractor

Actually it isnt. Vision isnt made of pure vib. He isnt as strong as Cap's shield or BP's suit per say.

FrothByte
Except Vision isnt made of pure vibranium It's actually a mix between vibranium and organic fibers.

Prove that Vision's external layer isn't made of pure vibranium.

Josh_Alexander
Prove that Vision's external layer isn't made of pure vibranium.

FrothByte

And where did you get that quote from? Was that from AoU? Who said it?

Josh_Alexander
And where did you get that quote from? Was that from AoU? Who said it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaE6vnAhYAw

FrothByte
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaE6vnAhYAw

Which timestamp was the quote? I didn't see the quote you posted mentioned in the clip.

Josh_Alexander
Which timestamp was the quote? I didn't see the quote you posted mentioned in the clip.

The quote comes from MCU wiki. Extracted from minute 1 in the clip I sent.

NotAllThatEvil
So if wolverine goes to slash, corvus being a skilled fighter will block with his spear. Now corvus doesn't have a spear... I don't see how he can possibly win

FrothByte
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
So if wolverine goes to slash, corvus being a skilled fighter will block with his spear. Now corvus doesn't have a spear... I don't see how he can possibly win

A katana was able to block a few blows from Wolverine's claws without breaking.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil

More importantly. Should Corvus impale wolverine, wolverine will be at range to impale Corvus.

And we all know Woverine getting impaled is as serious as a girl plugging her earings.

FrothByte
More importantly. Should Corvus impale wolverine, wolverine will be at range to impale Corvus.

You seriously think Wolverine has the same reach with his claws as Corvus has with his glaive?

Josh_Alexander
You seriously think Wolverine has the same reach with his claws as Corvus has with his glaive?

He can grab the spear and drag himself closer to Corvus. Or can just simply cut the spear in two with his adamantium claws.

One way or another, Wolverine has a sure win in the end.

HulkIsHulk
If you mean Vision, you should remember one thing. He was not pure vibranium. He's vibranium mixed with that artificial tissue that Helen Cho made. As for that, neither was Ultron

HulkIsHulk
A katana was able to block a few blows from Wolverine's claws without breaking.
Not this argument again

HulkIsHulk
At 0:58 Cho says that
""'' The vibranium Atoms aren't just compatible with the tissue cells, it's binding with them ""''
Also considering that Wanda was able to read Vision's mind while not being able to do so with Ultron also points to him being nice organic

Darth Thor
When did the Katana block happen?

HulkIsHulk
In The Wolverine movie. First when fighting Shingen after he got his healing back, though Logan cut them later. Then in the village fight with Black Clan, Harada did it too.
Since then, Froth never accepted any other showing for Logan's cutting power, and keeps repeating that ad nauseum any time Wolverine's cutting power comes into an argument """''Logan's claws couldn't cut through a katana/Logan's claws were blocked by a katana'''""""

FrothByte
In The Wolverine movie. First when fighting Shingen after he got his healing back, though Logan cut them later. Then in the village fight with Black Clan, Harada did it too.
Since then, Froth never accepted any other showing for Logan's cutting power, and keeps repeating that ad nauseum any time Wolverine's cutting power comes into an argument """''Logan's claws couldn't cut through a katana/Logan's claws were blocked by a katana'''""""

So you want to ignore feats now?

Darth Thor
^ I think his point is that those are clearly outliers, and not the norm.

Those X-Men movies are inconsistent AF though.

steverules_2

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Darth Thor

Bingo

FrothByte
Originally posted by Darth Thor

Nah, it's just plain physics. Just because object A is harder than object B, doesn't mean Object A can easily cut through B. You'd still need an amount of force behind the blow.

For example, a hardcover book can stop a knife thrust even if a knife blade is a lot harder than the book. A decent wooden staff can take multiple hits from a sharp sword before breaking.

People need to stop treating Wolverine's claws like they're lightsabers that easily cuts through everything like they're butter. Some objects have shown a good degree of resistance to them, both in movies and comics. The katanas were a good example. This is especially true when the object in question is actively moving, as it's a lot easier to cut through a braced, stationary object than a moving object.

FrothByte

Wow. Obviously I got under your skin.

Anyway, I never questioned adamantium or its properties, I questioned Wolverine's strength and the power behind his blows. If you don't understand how the strength behind a cut affects just how well something can cut then there's no hope talking to you.

Robtard
Black Widow walked all over Corvus Glaive's ass, so no reason to believe Logan wouldn't hit him as well. Sure Logan would get sliced up himself, but that healing factor will keep him going longer, outlasting Corvus.

Logan 9/10. Losing the rare match where Logan gets KO'd.

HulkIsHulk
Nah, it's just plain physics. Just because object A is harder than object B, doesn't mean Object A can easily cut through B. You'd still need an amount of force behind the blow.
For example, a hardcover book can stop a knife thrust even if a knife blade is a lot harder than the book. A decent wooden staff can take multiple hits from a sharp sword before breaking.
People need to stop treating Wolverine's claws like they're lightsabers that easily cuts through everything like they're butter. Some objects have shown a good degree of resistance to them, both in movies and comics. The katanas were a good example. This is especially true when the object in question is actively moving, as it's a lot easier to cut through a braced, stationary object than a moving object.

Anyway, I never questioned adamantium or its properties, I questioned Wolverine's strength and the power behind his blows.
I would have believed that had you acknowledged and posted other examples of Wolverine failing to cut other objects or those in motion. You keep mentioning the katana showing and that only when the claws' cutting power comes into debate. When you keep mentioning only one end of the spectrum, well, that ain't so open minded eh? 😐😓😕😟😦😨😰😵

Wow. Obviously I got under your skin.
If you don't understand how the strength behind a cut affects just how well something can cut then there's no hope talking to you.
I like how you turned this around to be about me big grin

Robtard
Wolverine has a fair amount of super-strength, from casually high tossing grown men with a single arm (X2) to easily slicing through several inches of a reinforced steel door (Origins). Nearly matching Sabretooth in strength is another, considering Sabretooth's showings. There's more.

Josh_Alexander
Froth has always underestimated Wolverine. If it's true that Glaive is the better fighter there is no way he is killing Wolv.

Logan was beast in his prime.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.