Rogol Zaar vs. Loebforce Rulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/y8ckwag9

vs.

https://tinyurl.com/yca8magt

Damborgson
From what I've seen... probably red hulk.

MaZeRaIII
Rulk.

Rogol Zaar's vast amount of power comes from the same principle as Superman's i.e. he is powered solar energy. All Rulk has to do is simply drain him to make him powerless.

carver9
Red Hulk kills him.

riv6672
Originally posted by MaZeRaIII
Rulk.

Rogol Zaar's vast amount of power comes from the same principle as Superman's i.e. he is powered solar energy. All Rulk has to do is simply drain him to make him powerless.
Interesting theory. thumb up

Galan007
We'll see what happens when Rogol Zaar fights all the rogues that are trapped in the Phantom Zone. If he stomps them(which wouldn't surprise me), he'll stomp Rulk.

riv6672

StiltmanFTW
Galan saw Doomsday somewhere in the background of the preview art. DD is his boy, anyone who can beat him is a Skyfather/Abstract/Carver level in Galan's mind wink

That showing will surely help us to gauge Rogol's power level better, but that's it. Won't necessarily mean he can overcome Rulk's energy absorption all of a sudden, like WWH did.

One Big Mob
It won't help us figure out shit. All it will do is muddy the waters by shitting on every Superman bad boy. Then someone other than Bendis will come along and have him get torn in half by Zod.

CosmicComet
Rogol's balding pattern is weird.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by One Big Mob
It won't help us figure out shit. All it will do is muddy the waters by shitting on every Superman bad boy. Then someone other than Bendis will come along and have him get torn in half by Zod.

Heh, you're probably right.

Do you think DD will get one-shotted with a nonchalant slap? Or he'll get completely annihilated off-panel, like the d-lister he is?

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Rogol's balding pattern is weird.

You want to call him "daddy", don't you.

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Galan saw Doomsday somewhere in the background of the preview art. DD is his boy, anyone who can beat him is a Skyfather/Abstract/Carver level in Galan's mind wink

That showing will surely help us to gauge Rogol's power level better, but that's it. Won't necessarily mean he can overcome Rulk's energy absorption all of a sudden, like WWH did.

Yep

riv6672

Ah, gotcha.

Galan007

That showing will surely help us to gauge Rogol's power level better, but that's it. Won't necessarily mean he can overcome Rulk's energy absorption all of a sudden, like WWH did. We don't even know why Rogol is so powerful, or what his 'energy source' is. Superman mused that he *might* absorb solar radiation, but that was obviously not the case at all -- by the end of the mini, Superman STILL hadn't figured out what the source of his power is. Rogol is something different entirely... He's not Kryptonian, though(hell, Kelex didn't even know what species he is.)

The notion that Rulk could just waltz up and absorb Rogol's energy, despite his massive speed, ranged attacks, skill advantage, and overall strength, is baseless... But I know you're just Stilt-trolling me rn. It's cute, as always. thumb up

It won't help us figure out shit. All it will do is muddy the waters by shitting on every Superman bad boy. Then someone other than Bendis will come along and have him get torn in half by Zod. No, if Rogol ends up beating the baddies in the PZ, it will be a MASSIVE feat for him. No doubt about it. I don't at all like the thought of him being THAT powerful, but I won't be surprised if he is. #BendisWank

You can speculate about what might happen in the future, but that won't matter until it actually happens.

carver9
Rulk took on the Avengers and was literally standing in one spot laughing while Sentry attacked him. I need you to dwell on that for a bit. Hell, he repeated this when he fought Odin force Thor. He stood still with a smile while Thor hammered his face. Beating someone and outright brushing off high tier beings attacks...

Rulk stomps this and he holds a lot of edges here as well.

Iirc he beat Dormammu as well and killed a watcher and tanked an attack from Galactus that sent him hurtling across the Galaxy.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Galan007
We don't even know why Rogol is so powerful, or what his 'energy source' is. Superman mused that he *might* absorb solar radiation, but that was obviously not the case at all -- by the end of the mini, Superman STILL hadn't figured out what the source of his power is. Rogol is something different entirely... He's not Kryptonian, though(hell, Kelex didn't even know what species he is.)

The notion that Rulk could just waltz up and absorb Rogol's energy, despite his massive speed, ranged attacks, skill advantage, and overall strength, is baseless... But I know you're just Stilt-trolling me rn. It's cute, as always. thumb up

The same power source that allows Clint to lift cars with one hand or do better against Hand Ninjas than any other Avenger on his team.

Bendispower, duh.

DD is a goner and you know it sad stick out tongue

Originally posted by carver9
Iirc he beat Dormammu as well

Not likely. He killed Tiger Shark and Namor, flew through Dormie's head and left him stuck in his dimension.

Of course, Loeb's writing was super-goofy, so you *could* argue that flying through him effectively defeated/killed Dormammu... laughing out loud

and killed a watcher

No, he didn't. Uatu got punched out, but he was still alive.

Killing the original Grandmaster with two blows, now THAT is the feat you should've mentioned, carv.

StiltmanFTW
PS. Recent Guardians of the Galaxy comics (among others) establish that Elders are pretty damn immortal, so that's quite a feat for Ross to "bypass" Grandmaster's immortality like that laughing out loud

MaZeRaIII
We'll see what happens when Rogol Zaar fights all the rogues that are trapped in the Phantom Zone. If he stomps them(which wouldn't surprise me), he'll stomp Rulk.

Not really a good form of stipulation here, since if people haven't forgotten, Phantom Zone is not your traiditonal prison dimension, the said dimension has depowering effect on its inhabitants, as Eradicator said Phantom Zone has "nullification forces" and later when Eradicator was trapped in Zone he couldn't use his energy powers due to those forces and Zod described PZ's energies as "poisonous" which weakened him in that story arc and took time to heal and wear off those energies, on top of that when Cyborg Superman was in the zone he also said that his powers don't work there and so on.....as well as even Dan Jurgens commenting on the "weakening" part, so using characters fighting inside the zone is not really good example to measure one's power-level.

https://imgur.com/a/RrOnAR1

So weakened Rogol fighting weakened rogues is not really gonna be a good power-level indicator overall.

StiltmanFTW
Damn. Thanks for the info.

So Rogol will make Doomsday explode just by staring at him vin

carver9
The same power source that allows Clint to lift cars with one hand or do better against Hand Ninjas than any other Avenger on his team.

Bendispower, duh.

DD is a goner and you know it sad stick out tongue

Not likely. He killed Tiger Shark and Namor, flew through Dormie's head and left him stuck in his dimension.

Of course, Loeb's writing was super-goofy, so you *could* argue that flying through him effectively defeated/killed Dormammu... laughing out loud

No, he didn't. Uatu got punched out, but he was still alive.

Killing the original Grandmaster with two blows, now THAT is the feat you should've mentioned, carv.

Yeah, you're probably right. He passed through his head... unclear if Dorm was defeated.

Thought he killed the Watcher... oh well. Still a beastly showing.

carver9
Not really a good form of stipulation here, since if people haven't forgotten, Phantom Zone is not your traiditonal prison dimension, the said dimension has depowering effect on its inhabitants, as Eradicator said Phantom Zone has "nullification forces" and later when Eradicator was trapped in Zone he couldn't use his energy powers due to those forces and Zod described PZ's energies as "poisonous" which weakened him in that story arc and took time to heal and wear off those energies, on top of that when Cyborg Superman was in the zone he also said that his powers don't work there and so on.....as well as even Dan Jurgens commenting on the "weakening" part, so using characters fighting inside the zone is not really good example to measure one's power-level.

So weakened Rogol fighting weakened rogues is not really gonna be a good power-level indicator overall.

Good post.

celeyhyga17
Carver man, y u saying fake news all the time? Probably unintentional, but still...

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, you're probably right. He passed through his head... unclear if Dorm was defeated.

Thought he killed the Watcher... oh well. Still a beastly showing.

Unclear if he was affected at all. Rulk got what he came for and left, knowing Dormammu can't follow. Would like to read the script for that particular scene. Beating Dormammu in his own realm just doesn't sound right to me.

Not just any Watcher. Uatu himself. Don't get so f*cking greedy, carv laughing out loud Uatu might have survived, but Grandmaster wasn't so lucky.

And Ross probably would've killed Uatu if Savage Hulk hadn't intervened, y'know...

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Carver man, y u saying fake news all the time? Probably unintentional, but still...

Lol... that's why I said iirc.

celeyhyga17
Oh, ure right. whoops

Galan007

So weakened Rogol fighting weakened rogues is not really gonna be a good power-level indicator overall. You're assuming that Bendis will 'remember' that little tidbit, lol.

We've already seen Rogol in the PZ(where he fought/killed Nuclear Man), and he made no mention of feeling depowered or whathaveyou. Neither did Superman(who is also in the PZ) -- the only thing he mentioned is that his powers would slowly begin to wane the longer he was away from the sun:
https://i.imgur.com/Q4dZsEC.jpg

Don't get me wrong, though: I sincerely hope that Rogol doesn't get a feat of this magnitude... But this IS Bendis we're talking about. The man is just terrible. srsly

StiltmanFTW
I hope Rogol will visit Apokolips next smile

MaZeRaIII
You're assuming that Bendis will 'remember' that little tidbit, lol.

Doesn't really matter whether he will remember that specific notion or not, since it still doesn't negate the fact how Phantom Zone works, since nullification aspect of it is a fundamental part of the dimension, like laws of physics are to our world.

We've already seen Rogol in the PZ(where he fought/killed Nuclear Man), and he made no mention of feeling depowered or whathaveyou.

And how is this evidence that he was not weakened by PZ? Something not being mentioned doesn't automatically translate that it doesn't happen at the moment, you don't need to spell out beans in every issue with PZ when DC lore has continuosly already explained how Phantom Zone works, just like it doesn't need be mentioned every single time that Superman is a solar battery, we already know those notions.

It's like seeing some character explaining Speed Force, and not mentioning that it is fundamentally interwined with Multiverse or that it can allow you to time travel, and then say that since it was not mentioned therefore SF is not interwined with Multiverse or can't time travel in that specific moment, or whenever someone enters Dormammu's dimension and just calls it dimension without mentioning that it is magic type, and therefore since magic part was not mentioned therefore it is not magical, which is a bit fallacious type of argumentation to say the least.

In short, fundamental aspect of something not being mentioned doesn't act as contradictory stipulatiation or makes the said aspect vanish.

Neither did Superman(who is also in the PZ) -- the only thing he mentioned is that his powers would slowly begin to wane the longer he was away from the sun:

Again, him not mentioning PZ effects doesn't automatically trasnlate that it doesn't happen, the nullification forces are part of Phantom Zone's laws, mentioned or not, it's irrelevant, just like we don't need something of lore to be mentioned every single time, when we already know the fundamentals of those notions, in this case we know how Phantom Zone's laws works, that part is unchangeable, thus it does not need to be mentioned overall.

As for his statement, well yeah, his powers do wane without the sun, but nothing contradicting the fundamental aspect of the Phantom Zone.

Simple example here, - remember when New 52 Wonder Woman defeated New 52 Mongul who was trapped inside the Phantom Zone, you know the same Mongul who was handily taking on New 52 Superman, so by default we already know the clear difference between Diana's and Mongul's power-levels, yet the one with superior power lost, which doesn't make sense, except the fight happened in PZ with Mongul being there longer than Diana, to which the forces of PZ did play certain effect on the outcome overall, it doesn't need to be mentioned there that Mongul was weakened for us to understand that he was weakened, since we know how PZ works, and on top of that him losing to someone weaker than himself.

Don't get me wrong, though: I sincerely hope that Rogol doesn't get a feat of this magnitude... But this IS Bendis we're talking about. The man is just terrible.

Bendis being Bendis is nothing new, it is expectable, but i don't think he will make Rogol beat Superman's villains, more like he will make a pact with them (with lies of course).

DarkSaint85

He's learnt after that debacle with maestro....

Galan007
Doesn't really matter whether he will remember that specific notion or not, since it still doesn't negate the fact how Phantom Zone works, since nullification aspect of it is a fundamental part of the dimension, like laws of physics are to our world. This is Bendis we're talking about. The guy has a longstanding history of not adhering to established canon. He does whatever the f*ck he wants.

And how is this evidence that he was not weakened by PZ?

Again, him not mentioning PZ effects doesn't automatically trasnlate that it doesn't happen Because typically if a character's power is meant to be significantly weakened, we are explicitly informed of such... But we weren't here. To the contrary, both Rogol and Superman each commented that they 'felt great' in the PZ. So as of now, it doesn't look like it is impacting their powers at all.

This is Bendis.

Bendis being Bendis is nothing new, it is expectable, but i don't think he will make Rogol beat Superman's villains, more like he will make a pact with them (with lies of course). I certainly hope Rogol doesn't beat them outright, and if he does, I hope there is at least *some* kind of an explanation(like the rogues being weakened by the PZ, for example.) That would at least make it easier to stomach.

But again, this is Bendis. You never know wtf he's going to do.

Stoic
Rogol beats Rulk ass. He just casually crushed Nuclear Man as if he were dealing with a lightweight.

carver9
Lol... this argument is hilarious. The Phantom Zone weakens people but this time it doesnt count because it will probably not get mentioned in the book. If Bendis write a book with Superman being beside kryptonite and he falls to his knees and beat by an average thug, it doesnt count because his weakness to kryptonite wasnt mentioned in the book.

DarkSaint85
Go read Future Imperfect.

Stoic
Lol... this argument is hilarious. The Phantom Zone weakens people but this time it doesnt count because it will probably not get mentioned in the book. If Bendis write a book with Superman being beside kryptonite and he falls to his knees and beat by an average thug, it doesnt count because his weakness to kryptonite wasnt mentioned in the book.

If it weakens people wouldn't that still mean that the denizens (all of them) of the Phantom Zone were equally weakened? So if they weren't in the Phantom Zone Rogol would have still caved Nuclear Man's head in right? Isn't that what would happen Carver? Rogol after all is also in the Phantom Zone.

carver9
Originally posted by Stoic
If it weakens people wouldn't that still mean that the denizens (all of them) of the Phantom Zone were equally weakened? So if they weren't in the Phantom Zone Rogol would have still caved Nuclear Man's head in right? Isn't that what would happen Carver? Rogol after all is also in the Phantom Zone.

The effects of the Phantom Zone isnt immediate.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Go read Future Imperfect.

Can we read it together. I'll Skype you.

DarkSaint85
Can we read it together. I'll Skype you.

Do you need your hand holding? Knew it.

RealityWarper

You are goddamn right ! laughing

celeyhyga17
Yeah but in theory being in pz gives everyone the same even playing field as they would have in the regular physical universe no? Theoretically speaking... It would still count in some way no?

Galan007
Lol... this argument is hilarious. The Phantom Zone weakens people but this time it doesnt count because it will probably not get mentioned in the book. If Bendis write a book with Superman being beside kryptonite and he falls to his knees and beat by an average thug, it doesnt count because his weakness to kryptonite wasnt mentioned in the book. Lol.

Are those developmental delays getting in the way of your ability to comprehend a sentence again? Legitimately curious, because that isn't what I was saying. At all.

Again, the PZ-neutering thing could still very well be in effect here. Just saying that as of now, Bendis hasn't mentioned it(to the contrary, both Superman and Rogol currently 'feel great' inside the PZ)... And because we're talking about Bendis here, it wouldn't surprise me if he says "f*ck canon", like he's done SO many times in the past, and ignores the PZ's pre-established rules/facts for the sole purpose of wanking his new pet character. I certainly hope he doesn't, but I won't be shocked if he does.

Now, please stop trying to faux-troll before you hurt yourself. thumb up

carver9
Why are you calling a Wolf a Fox? Reported!!!

carver9
Yeah but in theory being in pz gives everyone the same even playing field as they would have in the regular physical universe no? Theoretically speaking... It would still count in some way no?

In some way, yes it will count but it wouldnt be anything close as impressive if everyone was fully powered. I brought the phantom weakening people a while back and it was brushed off. I can understand if it was a one time thing but this has been consistently bashed across our skulls.

Galan007
A Wolf? laughing out loud

More like a f*cked up Chihuahua. thumb up

https://i.imgur.com/zOVJtDh.jpg

carver9
A Wolf? laughing out loud

More like a f*cked up Chihuahua. thumb up

https://i.imgur.com/zOVJtDh.jpg

laughing out loud laughing out loud

Diesldude

Stoic
The point being is that Carver did not ever have a point because both characters were or are on equal footing. If the PZ weakens you and you fight another character in the PZ and manage to crush their skulls with one punch, the very same thing would happen outside of the PZ.

carver9
The point being is that Carver did not ever have a point because both characters were or are on equal footing. If the PZ weakens you and you fight another character in the PZ and manage to crush their skulls with one punch, the very same thing would happen outside of the PZ.

A weakened Superman beat a weakened Superboy Prime so I guess this mean if both fought at full power, Superman would beat him (sigh, just freaking sigh).

meep-meep
A weakened Superman beat a weakened Superboy Prime so I guess this mean if both fought at full power, Superman would beat him (sigh, just freaking sigh).

That's so misleading.

NemeBro
A weakened Superman beat a weakened Superboy Prime so I guess this mean if both fought at full power, Superman would beat him (sigh, just freaking sigh). A powerless Superman (which is to say, a 6'3" 240 adult man with fighting experience against people around his level) beat a powerless Superboy Prime (which is to say, a 5'11" 170 pound teenager who has largely only fistfought people he is orders of magnitude stronger than).

It is a false equivalence carvy. I don't even really think your point is necessarily wrong, but you just chose an awful way to argue it.

It would be better to question how the weakening of the PZ occurs. Is it linear, like everyone gets 100 Hercs taken off of their power level? Is it fractional, everyone gets brought down proportionately? Or does everyone's power get multiplied by zero?

Stoic
Originally posted by NemeBro
A powerless Superman (which is to say, a 6'3" 240 adult man with fighting experience against people around his level) beat a powerless Superboy Prime (which is to say, a 5'11" 170 pound teenager who has largely only fistfought people he is orders of magnitude stronger than).

It is a false equivalence carvy. I don't even really think your point is necessarily wrong, but you just chose an awful way to argue it.

It would be better to question how the weakening of the PZ occurs. Is it linear, like everyone gets 100 Hercs taken off of their power level? Is it fractional, everyone gets brought down proportionately? Or does everyone's power get multiplied by zero?

Nuclear Man was far from powerless though.

Relevance to this topic?

Originally posted by meep-meep
That's so misleading.

Noticed that too huh. An entire Tamaranian army had to retreat when they saw Rogol. This is an army of Starfire level characters. And again, if they are all less powerful in the PZ, it would also include Rogol who is also in the PZ. This means that they are all being scaled down proportionately, which also means that if they weren't in the PZ, he would have still had the exact effect on the Tamaranians. He would also still be able to one shot crush the Nuclear Man's skull like a grape.

When did Rulk ever do anything like that? The only reason that Rulk was even able to touch Uatu was because of his cosmic powers. Some of those feats were later explained in detail once Rulk had stopped actively using his powers to borrow power from his opponents, and this was due to his fear of not being able to turn back into a human due to him using that power.

carver9
Nuclear Man was far from powerless though.

Relevance to this topic?

Noticed that too huh. An entire Tamaranian army had to retreat when they saw Rogol. This is an army of Starfire level characters. And again, if they are all less powerful in the PZ, it would also include Rogol who is also in the PZ. This means that they are all being scaled down proportionately, which also means that if they weren't in the PZ, he would have still had the exact effect on the Tamaranians. He would also still be able to one shot crush the Nuclear Man's skull like a grape.

When did Rulk ever do anything like that? The only reason that Rulk was even able to touch Uatu was because of his cosmic powers. Some of those feats were later explained in detail once Rulk had stopped actively using his powers to borrow power from his opponents, and this was due to his fear of not being able to turn back into a human due to him using that power.

Fighting a gang of powerless beings isn't an impressive ft. No matter how you put it. Lol... what cosmic powers did he have when he fought Uatu? He killed Grandmaster AND he did this...

https://redhulkblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/hulk_smash_avengers_5_c.jpg
https://redhulkblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/hulk_smash_avengers_5_d.jpg
https://redhulkblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/hulk_smash_avengers_5_e.jpg

And did this to Odin Force Thor...

https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/redhulkthor2.jpg
https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/redhulkthor3.jpg
https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/redhulkthor4.jpg
https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/redhulkthor6.jpg
https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/redhulkthor7.jpg
https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/redhulkthor8.jpg
https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/redhulkthor9.jpg

And withstood an attack from a pissed galactus that sent him hurtling through the Galaxy crash landing into a planet. Wasnt koed and got up right after...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/102593/3054916-hulk_12_17.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/102593/3054917-hulk_12_18.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/102593/3054918-hulk_12_19.jpg

Did you read anything with the character in it?

One Big Mob
A weakened Galactus casually draining an amped Rulk and causing decent damage to him isn't exactly an indication of him taking the full brunt of a Galactus attack.

He was also recalled back to his timeline, not sent through a galaxy.

Stoic
A weakened Galactus casually draining an amped Rulk and causing decent damage to him isn't exactly an indication of him taking the full brunt of a Galactus attack.

Reading comprehension.

Delta1938
Why are you calling a Wolf a Fox? Reported!!!

Don't worry, I reported him too for calling you a Fox. Why would he be so insulting to foxes? We know you're a kitten.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/31/c0/98/31c0988c80105b295ec03ed2c79b00e0.jpg

carver9
Lol

carver9

Looks like a mixture to me. A blast combined with absorption. He wouldn't have shot off like that if it was just simple absorption.

carver9
Reading comprehension.

You're arguing that this guy can beat Red Hulk based off of a book that havent even happened yet. You should just stop.

DarkSaint85
Even worse, you're arguing Rulk can win based on things that haven't happened.....in books that have actually been released.....

Stoic
You're arguing that this guy can beat Red Hulk based off of a book that havent even happened yet. You should just stop.

Rogol took on Superman, and Supergirl and was winning up until they sent him to the PZ. Rulk overheated and lost to Thor and the Hulk.. He then lost to the Hulk after being thunder clapped.

StiltmanFTW
^ Odinforce Thor*

--
And Hulk was back to WWH levels when he was able to resist Rulk's absorption and affect him with a clap, afaik.

Delta1938

If the depowering works similar to like if say Superman and Zod fought under no Sun, but one of them had been like that for a long period of time before the other was teleported, then he'd have a point. Considering who's making the argument, I wouldn't put much faith in it being the right argument. But even a broken clock is right twice a day, so maybe.

carver9
^ Odinforce Thor*

--
And Hulk was back to WWH levels when he was able to resist Rulk's absorption and affect him with a clap, afaik.

Exactly. Lets not even forget the fact that he went through back to back fights before losing and dived bomb head first from the moon to Earth. Before losing, he had just finished fighting Thor, dived back to Earth, fought Hulk again and then fought Thor.

carver9
Rogol took on Superman, and Supergirl and was winning up until they sent him to the PZ. Rulk overheated and lost to Thor and the Hulk.. He then lost to the Hulk after being thunder clapped.

I dont even get why you mentioned him taking on Supermam. What does that suppose to prove?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.