Single Post Prep Tourney!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
ok, so the rules are simple:

1. it's an OPEN event. open meaning ANYONE CAN ENTER WITH ANY CHARACTER MID-META AND LOWER.

2. 2 PEOPLE CAN CHOOSE THE SAME CHARACTER!! there will be no draft. if you want to enter, enter with whoever you like. you just need to write up a single post, whatever length you like, and make sure he/she is mid meta at most.

3. your character will be dropped into ANTARCTICA. an unbreakable, mxy/beyonder proof dome will surround the continent. it will extend up to 25km upwards and down 1 km into the ice. along with the other participants, there will be a host of powerful villains on the continent intent on killing everyone. villains include:

doom, the destroyer, henshaw, eclipso, onslaught, doomsday, validus, sinestro, fernus, black adam, despero, loki, magneto, bizarro, the challenger, apocalypse, shaggy man, mongul, zod and ares.

your job is to wipe out not only the other heroes on the island but you need to make sure you can wipe out all the villains as well....

4. tech and prep are limited to what your character can REASONABLY obtain. an example of UNREASONABLE using an illegal character--say i chose a gl then sent a ring back in time to a place i once, 30 years ago, saw the miracle machine, and told the ring to retrieve it. no expression NOT reasonable. your character must have REASONABLE access to whatever tech they employ. if you choose batman is it reasonable to think he could raid the jla armory? maybe....depends on what he tries to get. you must account for the HOW you get the tech, AND justify having it. so choose your characters carefully.... smile

4(a). your character has 3 DAYS. time travel does not extend your time, and super speed is NULLIFIED for those 3 days. everyone gets the exact same amount of time but can do anything they can reasonably prove in that time.

5. because this is open to all, i'm not going to ask any judges to take part (unless someone or some people volunteer...). what i would like to have happen is this: if you take part, YOU will be a judge. we're all going to read each others' posts anyway, so when all posts are in (deadline will be sunday sept 2) everyone who took part will be asked to render a vote but are not allowed to vote for themselves. you must choose who you think did the best job (ASIDE FROM YOURSELF) at killing everyone.

6. i will open the tourney thread next sunday in the AM EST. you will have approx 12 hrs or so to post your plan. once done, just openly post. if anyone waits til the last day to try and read the posts to counter post, wellllll....good for them, they can have the win. laughing out loud

any other questions, post here. again, ANYONE can enter, with ANY CHARACTER so long as they are mid meta or below. i'm not big on cross genre, but if you want an anime or....whatever the fuq you kids call other non-comic characters these days, feel free. just know you will likely need even MORE than normal support to prove your case since most won't know what you're referencing. if you DO try and get sly, we, as a judging body, will decide if your character IS within the bounds of the tourney. if he/she is ruled against, your post will simply be discarded.

seems like a lot but as with all my tourneys--don't be sly, be creative and stay within the SPIRIT of the tourney and you will be just fine.

do not announce your character (unless you want to i guess..) but def drop in and say whether you are gonna take part. then i'll take the number of everyone who SAYS they'll take part, divide it by...3 or 4 and have a good idea how many ACTUAL posts we'll see next sunday! big grin i'll def be in, so hopefully at least one other joins me!

DISCUSS!

DarkSaint85
i will take part

DarkSaint85
Usual questions:

1. Is BFR allowed
2. Any limits on summons?
3. Is time travel DURING the match allowed?
4. Limits on reality warping?
5. Teamups?
6. How do we decide if the character chosen is within the limits? I mean, we're going to be arguing that they can take out Doomsday and Onslaught level beings, lol.

leonidas
EVERYTHING is legal once the match starts EXCEPT team ups. yer on yer own. and you're not arguing your character can take out onslaught and doomsday--you're arguing that your character with his/her tech and prep can do so. in terms of personal power your character cannot be more generally powerful than say spiderman. even a spidey level tp character isn't very powerful.

if you think you can use tech to bfr everyone, cool. someone else will likely be trying to bfr you. you summon a billion lackey's someone else is likely summoning a billion as well.

you need to convince everyone YOUR plan is the best, most...ACCEPTABLE plan that kills everyone on the battlefield. if you plan to bfr someone, but someone else KILLS everyone, each will decide what is more worthwhile and creative. i suspect everyone will come up with ways to do it. we as judges will simply be looking for the 'funnest' most creative of the plans. not worried about who does it first. this is all about who does it with the most style...you can TRY whatever you want be it reasonable or unreasonable. just know the premise is that it is something generally BELIEVABLE that your character can do. thumb up

Damborgson
I'll judge!!

DarkSaint85
Ok. What does prep mean in this specific context:

I have drafted Reed. I build a forcefield generator that also blocks TP. Do I enter the match with it already up ?

leonidas
yep. if you think you can pull it off you can carry it over. not exactly overwhelming popularity atm though for this so we'll let it play out for a few days and see what happens.

DarkSaint85
Then DS wins thumb up

DarkSaint85
Just so you all know, I'd have ruled with this.

riv6672
Yes yes we all know you rule at posting on a message board; we get the weekly PM.

leonidas
i thought i was the only one on the mailing list. laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by riv6672
Yes yes we all know you rule at posting on a message board; we get the weekly PM.

Also, at life!

riv6672
Originally posted by leonidas
i thought i was the only one on the mailing list. laughing out loud
Nah, he sends that shit out en masse. yes

DarkSaint85
Maybe I should put it on my signature, cut down on the admin hmm

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Maybe I should put it on my signature, cut down on the admin hmm
https://image.ibb.co/hGF00K/99_F9_CE13_0_C46_4_F08_8264_4_D9_EACAB55_DE.jpg

DarkSaint85
So I had two options for the tourney.

1. Amanda Waller, Pre 52. Definitely below the level cap.

With 3 days' prep, I make Manchester Black (who was part of the Suicide Squad/Task Force X) to swap my mind with Superman. He has done this before, and on her orders he even went up against Doomsday - so following orders isn't a problem.

In Superman's body, I go into the Fortress of Solitude (2 days!) And tech up. Namely, the PZ projector, amongst other goodies.

Match starts, I wreck shop with my speed and BFRs.

2. I draft Jean Loring. Also definitely under the cap.

I go into the attic, and dig out Ray's old size changing belt. That gives me three days to tech up with random weapons. Some guns, maybe some explosives (fireworks would suffice).

Match starts, as per the stips my tech is already'on', so I enter the match the size of a subatomic particle. I wreck shop, planting fireworks in everyone's brains.

Bentley
I use Rama-Tut when I had my time-machine available. I travel back to the time just after Kang leaves his empire to become Rama-Tut again, so I'm essentially Kang with all of Kang's tech and armory with no Kang around to keep me from them toys.

I kill everyone by planting bombs in them as Children and setting them off as soon as the match starts (I come in shielded, cloaked, timeshifted etc.), I pick off my remaining enemies by time-bfr them into Alioth time so they get swallowed while I'm on a dome that prevents time manipulation to affect me.

leonidas
i vote for bentley and declare the voting closed. well done and congrats bentley. thumb up

Philosophía
I'd have done the exact thing as Darksaint, since that's the plan I suggested thumb up

riv6672
Originally posted by leonidas
i vote for bentley and declare the voting closed. well done and congrats bentley. thumb up
Well that was easy.

DarkSaint85
Bentley is easily the winner, based on my shitty plan

Philosophía
https://i.imgur.com/C87xx6T.jpg

Bentley
Phiouph, I'm just glad I didn't stick to Diablo and used my better plan of "figuring out which version of Kang could slip into this rule set"

riv6672
^^^good thing you took your...time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.