Superman vs Iron Fist (Nods at Riv)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Supes thinks Danny is trying to break into a building, which he happens to own. He also read somewhere that Iron Fist is a murderer (Was a running joke back in the day, where one false accusation in the paper lead to every hero he met trying to take him in, even after he was exonerated)

So Kal confronts him, does the hands on hips thing and a lecture, and thinks it's cute when Danny resists, just standing there and letting him take his best shot.

What happens?

riv6672

leonidas
fist ends up with a broken hand....

riv6672
ha

cdtm
Originally posted by leonidas
fist ends up with a broken hand....

Needless to say, I'm playing with the fact it's considered "magic".

Wouldn't be the first time he was hurt by a magic infused/based thing. Was cut deep in the shoulder with a common axe holding onto a magic book, for instance.

riv6672
^^^you are correct, cdtm. IF isnt breaking his hand/Supes isnt no selling this punch.

CosmicComet
If he can no sell a magic arrow to the heart, he can no sell Iron Fist of all people.

Since when the hell is Chi magic anyway?

Philosophía
Superman puts his own fist through Iron fist's fist.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/2532/1303525-adventuresof581a.jpg

Hi-yah!

riv6672
^^^agree to disagree.

Since always.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by cdtm
Needless to say, I'm playing with the fact it's considered "magic".

Wouldn't be the first time he was hurt by a magic infused/based thing. Was cut deep in the shoulder with a common axe holding onto a magic book, for instance.

Shazam, even with a sucker punch, needed two of his punches to KO Supes.

And hurt his hand in the process.

I'm going to bet Shazam has better durability feats than IF.

https://s5.postimg.cc/r8lmdpmv7/3910163-7270699389-_DC75_W.jpg

riv6672

DarkSaint85
Hulk doesn't have flight, though. So he's in effect punching a 1 ton weight....which he should well be able to.

Not to mention, Hulk wasn't hurt, he found it exhilarating.

And it's a surprise punch.

So we have two examples here, of IFs punching and Superman's durability against magic.

He was punched by someone stronger, who got lucky. Said person, who is more durable than IF, is seen holding his hand later.

IF punched someone who lacks the ability to stop in mid air, and wasn't hurt (and found it enjoyable), despite him taking him by surprise.

leonidas
letting him take a free shot=/=not being ready for said shot. he'd be ready, he'd know IF can punch reasonably hard--nowhere CLOSE to some of the guys he usually messes with, but as hard as some...what, low cl100 AT the extreme outside...?

he breaks his fist if supes doesn't want to be moved. not sure how it's a question. /shrug

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Hulk doesn't have flight, though. So he's in effect punching a 1 ton weight....which he should well be able to.

Not to mention, Hulk wasn't hurt, he found it exhilarating.

And it's a surprise punch.

So we have two examples here, of IFs punching and Superman's durability against magic.

He was punched by someone stronger, who got lucky. Said person, who is more durable than IF, is seen holding his hand later.

IF punched someone who lacks the ability to stop in mid air, and wasn't hurt (and found it enjoyable), despite him taking him by surprise.

^^^agree to disagree.

IF will be punching a Supes who’s just standing there. His ability to fly isnt an issue. His weakness to magic is.

Supes has been knocked on his butt by many super sttong characters, but IF’s punch isnt strictly about strength. He kniws how to punch, and his fist is sheathed in magical energy.

But, i see where this is going.
I’ve started a Superman thread or two in my day, i know when the fanboys are circling the wagons. smile

Fun thread by cdtm. thumb up

cdtm

I'm going to bet Shazam has better durability feats than IF.

Shaz's magic is also underplayed. It's like comparing Wonder Woman to Scarlet
Witch or Zatanna.

IF's been a straight magic effect since forever, and has supporting feats such as absorbing high level magic/sorcery, granting resistance to a number of effects like a void where no living being should exist, temp resurrection,
healing Matt of The Beast, etc...

Now, Cap also has resistance to magic, and Danny's Iron Fist is overall less potent then Cap, but I don't believe you can really consider Cap's magic as a major component of his offense like Thor's hammer...

Put another way, Morgan Le Fey trapped Superman in a cage of stone. Superman broke out of it.

Because the magic shaped the stone, but didn't enhance it as a magical thing.

Cap is the cage, the magic shaped him. He is not a magical effect.

celeyhyga17

Did he? Never noticed that.

Damborgson
Superman would say something like "Good power behind that punch" as he picked up Iron Fist off the floor.

leonidas
thumb up

deathslash
*points to danny hitting PF Namor
*tips hat and walks away

Delta1938
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Did he? Never noticed that.

Hurt his hand hitting him? Certainly looks like it. I can't remember if he said anything to confirm or at least support hurting his hand, the text isn't readable to me and I can't easily go get the comic to check though.

leonidas
https://imgur.com/a/KjclzOO

StiltmanFTW
Supes - at his best, bracing and all that - may not get moved, but I don't see Danny hurting his hand, leo.

carver9
I thought Supes was weak against Chi?

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
I thought Supes was weak against Chi?

Only because comics treat Chi like magic.

But yes, Superman went down to a chi user.

One Big Mob
Iron Fist punched through Nul into his heart. That is the minimum I'm willing to accept his power will be here when he's trying to kill

Iron Dan punches a hole through Superman

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by cdtm
Shaz's magic is also underplayed. It's like comparing Wonder Woman to Scarlet
Witch or Zatanna.

IF's been a straight magic effect since forever, and has supporting feats such as absorbing high level magic/sorcery, granting resistance to a number of effects like a void where no living being should exist, temp resurrection,
healing Matt of The Beast, etc...

Now, Cap also has resistance to magic, and Danny's Iron Fist is overall less potent then Cap, but I don't believe you can really consider Cap's magic as a major component of his offense like Thor's hammer...

Put another way, Morgan Le Fey trapped Superman in a cage of stone. Superman broke out of it.

Because the magic shaped the stone, but didn't enhance it as a magical thing.

Cap is the cage, the magic shaped him. He is not a magical effect.

I dunno, I don't think you can get any more magical than Shazam. His entire being IS magic - and he even mentions it being a reason why he could KO Superman (along with getting lucky):

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/145586/3008111-2269708-captain_marvel_vs_superman.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/46/5f/57/465f5715e6c125f45638183911e382f9.jpg

You even get to see his lightning sparking around. As you yourself say, the IF is less potent than Cap. And even when getting a free hit, he was unable to KO Supes. Here, Supes is bracing for it.

Then with WW, who uses her magical bracers to hit Superman in his ears.....which doesn't KO him (again, taking him by surprise):

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/67985/1246576-wonder_woman_v2__219___page_13.jpg

And THOSE bracers are definitely enhanced by magic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.