Is your reality a social construct?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
Well, is it?

NewGuy01
You're going to have to be more specific.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Well, is it? No.

Putinbot1
It probably is, I suspect your reality and values would be very different if you lived in the same spot 200 years ago or 200 years hence.

Beniboybling
yes, we are all slaves to putinbot's designs

StyleTime
Yes, partially. It's impossible to escape.

There's an entire industry that brainwashed Americans into spending three months salary on a rock that isn't even rare to declare their love for someone. Commercial interests have hijacked our most intimate relationships because of a devious ad campaign. Of course our reality is, in part, socially constructed.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by StyleTime
Yes, partially. It's impossible to escape.

There's an entire industry that brainwashed Americans into spending three months salary on a rock that isn't even rare to declare their love for someone. When commercial interests muddy up our most intimate relationships, you're definitely dealing with social constructs. Pretty devious ones, in fact. I'd go further ST, our religions and morals shape our reality. I am an atheist, however, I respect peoples right to have any belief they wish. My reality has no God, so immediately the values many take as divine become subjective choices etc.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Beniboybling
yes, we are all slaves to putinbot's designs Hmmm, if it only it were so Beni, if only... *wistful sigh*

Mindship
Reality is like a Tootsie Pop. The thin paper wrapping (one's egoic construct) surrounds the thick candy shell (the social construct) which surrounds the gooey chocolate center (perceptual construct).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.