Star Wars Resistance - Discussion Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
bH_Ws7sA468

~83k dislikes laughing out loud

Darth Thor
Those dislikes are well deserved.

StiltmanFTW
Yes, they are.

StiltmanFTW

StiltmanFTW
Over 100,000 dislikes laughing

Darth Thor
Disney knows best!

Soldier on Disney! Ignore the Haters!

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Disney knows best!

Soldier on Disney! Ignore the Haters!

~111k atm.

What makes it all sweeter is how great that #clonewarssaved trailer did.

StiltmanFTW
~125,000

Kazenji
For the focus of the show, I could do without the racing and just focus on the other stuff with the First Order.

Galan007
Adding depth to, and expanding upon, the happenings between RotJ and TFA is really all this show should be doing, imo. If it at least has a decent story that helps fill in the gaps during that time, it will be more tolerable to watch(shoddy animation notwithstanding.)

Unfortunately, I'm not even expecting that. The trailer makes it extremely hard to be optimistic for this. ermm

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Galan007
Adding depth to, and expanding upon, the happenings between RotJ and TFA is really all this show should be doing, imo. If it at least has a decent story that helps fill in the gaps during that time, it will be more tolerable to watch(shoddy animation notwithstanding.)

Unfortunately, I'm not even expecting that. The trailer makes it extremely hard to be optimistic for this. ermm

Yeesss...good, good. Give into the pessimistic and your journey towards disliking the show will be complete!

Galan007
First 3 episodes are out.

Tremendous crap.

Zenwolf
First 3 episodes are out.

Tremendous crap.

Good, good. Use your hateful feelings. Also how bad?

Galan007
Worse than I expected... And I expected it to be terrible.

Zenwolf
Worse than I expected... And I expected it to be terrible.

Is it even worse than the Holiday Special?

Galan007
Same level. But at least the Holiday Special had the original cast, ffs. ermm

This show is bad... Like really, really bad... Embarrassingly bad. I'll be shocked if most SW fans can even sit through the first 5 minutes of the first episode.

And I just saw that this season will have 20 episodes. TWENTY. Jesus.

Zenwolf
Same level. But at least the Holiday Special had the original cast, ffs. ermm

This show is bad... Like really, really bad... Embarrassingly bad. I'll be shocked if most SW fans can even sit through the first 5 minutes of the first episode.

And I just saw that this season will have 20 episodes. TWENTY. Jesus.

I might have to watch an episode, just due to the fact it turned you...probably the most optimistic guy of this new SW....away and into disliking it so much and even worse you have no expectations to begin with!

Were you able to stomach all 3 episodes? Or did you not even get passed the 1?

Galan007
I got through all of the first episode, but I'm pretty sure I blacked out after the first 10mins. Super cringey... I don't even want to attempt watching any others at this point.

Maybe there'll be some people out there who can stomach this better than me. Dunno how anyone could actually enjoy it, but ya never know I guess.

Zenwolf

Galan007
Can't wait to hear what you think. haw-som

juggernaut74
What channel is this show on?

Galan007
Basically any Disney platform.

...or you can DL it from any torrent site.

juggernaut74
How far after Return of the Jedi does this take place?

alekj019
sad

Galan007
Originally posted by juggernaut74
How far after Return of the Jedi does this take place? It is set 6 months before TFA.

Zenwolf
Ok watched the first episode....and that will be my last one. What...the....****?...Sorry, but anything about this is just...no.

I already hate that green guy who's name I can't remember because I don't care. Kaz should have died in the very first few minutes against the TIE, everything after that...hell even that was a bore, the whole episode was such a complete borefest!

StiltmanFTW
So, unwatchable?

Figures.

Darth Thor
Lets bet on the number of episodes before they bring in Ashoka or OT characters to convince people to keep watching.

Galan007
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Ok watched the first episode....and that will be my last one. What...the....****?...Sorry, but anything about this is just...no.

I already hate that green guy who's name I can't remember because I don't care. Kaz should have died in the very first few minutes against the TIE, everything after that...hell even that was a bore, the whole episode was such a complete borefest! https://i.imgur.com/AASorUm.gif

Zenwolf

StiltmanFTW
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/star_wars_resistance/

91% tomatometer, 80% audience score. Wtf.

https://tinyurl.com/y86uclb3

Zenwolf
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

https://tinyurl.com/y86uclb3

Yeah, this is why I'm not exactly trusting of RT.

Darth Thor

Audience scores can be tampered. If critics would watch this over Venom then thats fine. But I will not trust their recommendations again.

StiltmanFTW
When you click "Top critics", tomatometer decreases to 50% big grin

Darth Thor
Even that is too high as it means Half the Top Critics like this!

StiltmanFTW
RT is not very reliable when it comes to TV shows/cartoons.

They only review the first episode, afaik.

Total Warrior
Did you watch the first episodes? Is it good?

DarthSkywalker0
No and no.

( A post by Syndicate )

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Total Warrior
Did you watch the first episodes? Is it good?

First episode is terrible, so I'm not gonna watch anymore.

Also why is it these shows keep bringing in old EU concepts and just....not handling them well? Rebels did it and it seems The Resistance did it with that red TIE Interceptor, which I'm pretty sure is suppose to be akin to a Royal Guard TIE Interceptor from the old EU.

Yeah....great showing for this supposed elite Preatorian Guard?? In that he couldn't take out 3 pilots who should be inferior, it's just.....ugh.

Darth Thor
^ Okay im sure this show is garbage. But you gotta let the old eu go dude when giving new material a shot.

Zenwolf

Darth Thor
Saw it. Hard to sit through. Just has it on in the background.

But I dunno, maybe kids would like it. Thats clearly the target here.

Yeah....great showing for this supposed elite Preatorian Guard?? In that he couldn't take out 3 pilots who should be inferior, it's just.....ugh.

It was made clear that aside from Poe none of them were a match for him. Kaz was clearly going to die before Poe came giving the other 2 an opportunity to escape.

So this would have been the last thing on my mind had you not brought it up.

Zenwolf
Saw it. Hard to sit through. Just has it on in the background.

But I dunno, maybe kids would like it. Thats clearly the target here.

It was made clear that aside from Poe none of them were a match for him. Kaz was clearly going to die before Poe came giving the other 2 an opportunity to escape.

So this would have been the last thing on my mind had you not brought it up.

Sure, but it seemed to me that the chase had been going on for some time before Poe got involved.

But alright, plot protection there, I'll take it.

Tzeentch
I'm about 5 minutes in to episode 1 and it does seem pretty garbage.

I like that the dude voicing Poe sounds like he went through puberty 3 times compared to Oscar Isaac.

Darth Thor
^ Urm, that dude was Oscar Isaac.

Beniboybling
laughing out loud

Galan007
Not even Poe himself gives a shit about this series, lmao.

Zenwolf
Not even Poe himself gives a shit about this series, lmao.

Wah wah waaaaaah.

Tzeentch
^ Urm, that dude was Oscar Isaac. You're bullshitting me.

edit- Mother of God, you're right. He sounds NOTHING like his film version. laughing out loud

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Tzeentch
You're bullshitting me.

edit- Mother of God, you're right. He sounds NOTHING like his film version. laughing out loud

Prob cause he no care. Plus I doubt he's gonna be a series regular, maybe re-occurring.

Also from what I've read, the RT score was stolen/fake so...ha...they had to steal/fake a score just to make it look good...when it's not.

Darth Thor
Ratings were ridiculously low for a pilot. 0.33million viewers which would have been average for Rebels final season. Rebels first season averaged around a million viewers which was already much lower than TCW in its prime (granted TCW was on a bigger network).

Zenwolf
What else could possibly go wrong?

Galan007
A few sites are raving over this series like it's the best SW material since ESB, which blows me away because I can't even imagine how you could tolerate(let alone actually enjoy) the series at this point. It's just f*cking garbage... And I'm more lenient/optimistic towards Disney canon than most.

I can only imagine that the sites giving this shitshow good reviews have been paid off(or threatened) by Disney in some way.

Zenwolf
A few sites are raving over this series like it's the best SW material since ESB, which blows me away because I can't even imagine how you could tolerate(let alone actually enjoy) the series at this point. It's just f*cking garbage... And I'm more lenient/optimistic towards Disney canon than most.

I can only imagine that the sites giving this shitshow good reviews have been paid off(or threatened) by Disney in some way.

Or Disney people making said accounts and leaving good reviews so they don't look bad.

Also best since ESB? No....no....that's what was said also about TLJ....yeah...no.

Darth Thor
Its solely for kids. So none of us are going to enjoy it.

But yeah those sites/reviews (which I assume are not written by 4year olds) are clearly doing Disneys bidding.

Galan007
Which seems really stupid to me, because young children aren't even the franchise's target demographic/audience.

Why dump all this money into a project that only kids who still write in crayon can enjoy? Filoni knows better.

Galan007
That being said, I will say that Phasma at least looks pretty good in this:

https://i.imgur.com/42cXk9q.jpg

And they have Gwendoline Christie voicing her, which is neat I guess.

...Not that it's enough to make the show enjoyable on any level, mind you. ermm

victreebelvictr
I tried watching it...

I stopped after episode 3 I think...

It was that bad...

One Big Mob
I watched the first episode... meh.

Are they all 40 minutes though or did I just watch a bunch cobbled together? That seems lengthy for a cartoon where nothing happens.

victreebelvictr
Most of the episodes I watched was them trying to fly to some planet while talking about things which made it dramatic.

Galan007
Originally posted by One Big Mob
I watched the first episode... meh.

Are they all 40 minutes though or did I just watch a bunch cobbled together? That seems lengthy for a cartoon where nothing happens. The first episode is supposed to be an hour long with commercials(45ish minutes without them.) The other episodes are the standard 30mins with commercials(20ish minutes without them.)

One Big Mob
Seems pretty long for a barely asian looking kid to fit in, but oh well. That really doesn't bring in new viewers.

I guess I'll check out the other episodes, but... that was a horrible introduction that could have easily fit into your standard 22 min episode. The other ones should be more tolerable... maybe? I hate that I'm a big Star Wars kick recently.

But yeah, I was watching that and halfway through I wondered why it didn't end yet. 43 minutes. Imagine my surprise when they didn't do anything big with the other half.

Galan007
I got through 2 episodes before I threw in the towel. Doubt I'll watch anymore unless I hear that something good actually happens.

StiltmanFTW

A bit off-topic (link me to the right thread if there is one), but have you heard of Chuck Wendig?

Galan007
Yeah, he wrote the Aftermath trilogy, and is slated to write the upcoming Shadow of Vader comic mini.

ares834
He was also fired recently.

Galan007
laughing out loud

Just saw that. They should have never hired him in the first place, tbh.

StiltmanFTW
Getting fired over f*cking tweets is pretty ridiculous, though.

Bautista was right, this is just the beginning.

ares834
I agree.

However, his Star Wars stories were utter garbage. So while I can't say I agree with why they fired him, I am happy that he is gone.

Galan007
So episode 5 was crap overall. #Shocker

But Kylo Ren being the leader of the FO army was mentioned. At least that sets the stage for the reported appearances Kylo will be making in this from time to time.

srug

Darth Thor
^ They will have to bring in more major players. Probably more Phasma at first. But atm this doesnt even seem like Star Wars to me.

RealistRacism
Literally none of the newly created characters in any Disney Star Wars media are interesting.

Zenwolf
Galan, why are you torturing yourself? Also it seems the positive reviews for the show are fake heh, or vast majority....or all.

StiltmanFTW
Galan and pain are old friends.

I vomited after the teaser trailer, I choose to torture myself in different ways. F*ck this.

Galan007
https://78.media.tumblr.com/62c9aba60e7744141e4ccd12c17bef3c/tumblr_ndm8gqiQms1s1v3r1o5_r1_400.gif

Darth Thor
Which seems really stupid to me, because young children aren't even the franchise's target demographic/audience.

Why dump all this money into a project that only kids who still write in crayon can enjoy? Filoni knows better.

Its his style to start off more kiddish in the first season then go a bit darker for every season after.

Think of TCWs first 2 seasons compared to the latter ones.

That said, not only has he gone way overboard with the kiddish tone on this (Disneys influence im guessing), but its simply not an interesting story or set of characters. And it just doesnt even feel like Star Wars.

My guess is they will have to bring in Kylo Ren, Ahsoka and others to keep this show alive and save them the embarrassment of cancelling it after one season.

|King Joker|

Darth Thor
^ But its his show. So the joke is on him.

That said, im pretty sure Ahsoka would whoop Kylo Ren, so not sure what there would be for her to do here.

|King Joker|
I don't know, I just find it hard to believe he really has the reigns. I bet he's concentrating more on the revival of The Clone Wars.

Galan007
Well Starkiller Base was glimpsed:

https://i.imgur.com/1yZopEo.jpg

....So there's that, at least.

Galan007
Well, this has been officially renewed for a second season, beginning fall 2019. Lol.

That being said, the mid-season trailer has given me a little bit of reluctant optimism, if only because of the First Order/Starkiller Base teasers:

m7Pls-vYWwM&t

Zenwolf
Can't believe you're still watching it.

Galan007
Oh I haven't watched it on any kind of consistent basis at all -- just tidbits here and there.

Zenwolf
Oh I haven't watched it on any kind of consistent basis at all -- just tidbits here and there.

Still, I admire your optimism. Although curious...does it have a limit?

Galan007
My optimism reached it's limit with this series, lol.

The only thing I'm even mildly curious to see at this point is the First Order stuff, because we know so little about them. Aside from that, I couldn't care less about this trainwreck of a series.

Zenwolf
My optimism reached it's limit with this series, lol.

The only thing I'm even mildly curious to see at this point is the First Order stuff, because we know so little about them. Aside from that, I couldn't care less about this trainwreck of a series.

Oh ho! So you do. Alright, alright.

The FO kinda lost all appeal to me when they turned Hux into a joke along with Capt Phasma. Among other stuff.....I am curious though as to how big it is.

StiltmanFTW
Well Starkiller Base was glimpsed:

https://i.imgur.com/1yZopEo.jpg

....So there's that, at least.

Thanks for sharing thumb up

Looks nice.

bH_Ws7sA468

~83k dislikes laughing out loud

Quick update - the teaser trailer vid now has ~153k dislikes.

Darth Thor
The second season will be better based on the way Filoni operates.

Now Im not saying it will be good or anything. Just likely an improvement.

juggernaut74
I agree. Both Clone Wars and Rebels got better as they went along.

Though I haven't been watching this show the last episode I saw was the one where that douche bag kid stole the Corellian hyperfuel for his ship. The more First Order we get the more interesting this show will get so I suspect the 2nd season to show more of the Order.

Galan007
Not that I condone watching this show, but it has given us a bit more information about the First Order.

According to the data rod that Kaz stole from them, we now know for sure that the FO's military outnumbered the New Republic's military, even before the destruction of the Hosnian system:
https://i.imgur.com/NxyCZVA.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/bDCdWlt.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/SnsTKHa.jpg

*And based on that holo image, it looks like the FO fleets were positioned in such a way that they could essentially blitzkrieg the entire galaxy from every angle, all at once. IOW, there is vastly more to this invasion(as a whole) than what we've been shown on screen thus far.

It was further revealed that the FO had "cored-out" multiple planets(and absorbed at least 1 star) in preparation for their invasion of the galaxy in TFA:
https://i.imgur.com/S1oLWvH.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/cxhLDz7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/AylnkEv.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/LvacARt.jpg

*Also note that ep.16 is set like a day before the events of TFA.

StiltmanFTW
Not that I condone watching this show, but it has given us a bit more information about the First Order.

D9yzL7BgIrI

miffed

stick out tongue

Thanks for all the info and the pics thumb up

juggernaut74
As I thought this show is getting better. Tonight's episode had a direct connection to the Force Awakens.

Galan007
https://i.imgur.com/nh1k5nF.gif

juggernaut74
I was a bit surprised to see that connection to the main saga.

Leaves me wondering where they will be during season 2.

Galan007
I figured it would connect to the film, only because part of Hux's "BOW TO THE FIRST ORDAH!!!" speech was shown in the mid-season trailer.

But yeah, next season will obviously have to cover the TLJ period as well, given that there are only like a few days between films... I'd guess the show will depict the full scale of the First Order's invasion of the galaxy.

juggernaut74
The Hux speech was a surprise to me because I didn't watch the trailers.

Being the Colossus is the last stop before the Unknown Regions maybe Ezra will show up.

That would be awesome.

Galan007
You're right. That could be a means for Ezra(and perhaps even Thrawn) to randomly appear again -- Filoni IS still involved with Resistance, after all. Aside from that, the Unknown Regions are definitely playing a HUGE role in SW lore these days.

Zenwolf
So just re-hashing what we kinda already know or what we could put together, just in visual format? But I mean, how is the show so far? Is it better than what it was by much?

Galan007
As of now, it's basically just a rehash of what we already know happened in TFA, just from a different perspective.

What the show has visually shown us, though, is that the FO's invasion of the galaxy isn't as localized as the films make it seem -- it is truly a galaxy-wide conquest that is happening simultaneously along several fronts all across the galaxy. That might also explain why the Knights of Ren and Commander Pyre have been inextricably absent from the films thus far. We also got a bit of depth on Starkiller Base, which was cool.

But aside from the FO stuff, the show is still extremely lackluster.

Zenwolf
As of now, it's basically just a rehash of what we already know happened in TFA, just from a different perspective.

What the show has visually shown us, though, is that the FO's invasion of the galaxy isn't as localized as the films make it seem -- it is truly a galaxy-wide conquest that is happening simultaneously along several fronts all across the galaxy. That might also explain why the Knights of Ren and Commander Pyre have been inextricably absent from the films thus far. We also got a bit of depth on Starkiller Base, which was cool.

But aside from the FO stuff, the show is still extremely lackluster, though.

Well I mean I'm sure anyone could have figured that the FO invasion wasn't really localized. Although this whole war apparently between the FO and Resistance taking place over a year + couple of days certainly seems like it.

I still can't get over the fact that, that will be the timeline. 1 whole year and some days..

Still, that kinda sucks.

Galan007
It's ridiculous. For the sake of proper character development, this should be taking place over the course of at least 3-4 years, imo.

juggernaut74
I was glancing at one of my Star Wars encyclopedias and was looking at the map of the galaxy. Hosnian Prime is quite a ways from Starkiller base so in order to destroy that system Starkiller base was obviously packing some power. But you would have thought they would have had plenty of time to evacuate the planet. I also noticed that the blast would have went passed Coruscant which seemed odd.

Galan007
I mean, SKB's primary weapon is powered by the energy of entire stars, so yeah, it's extremely powerful.

The beams themselves are also massively FTL -- the TFA novelization and a few sourcebooks state the beams achieve such speed by literally tunneling through hyperspace. That's how they traveled from SKB's location in the Unknown Regions, to the Hosnian system's location in the Deep Core, in roughly 1 minute. Tack that onto the fact that the Hosnian system had absolutely no warning/indication they were about to be attacked, and evacuation wasn't really a practical option. The only survivors would've been those who were off-world at the time.

juggernaut74
Do you know where Castilon is exactly in the galaxy?

Galan007
Exactly where, no.

All I know about it's location is what we've been told thus far: it sits on the edge of the Outer Rim near Wild Space.

Zenwolf
I mean, SKB's primary weapon is powered by the energy of entire stars, so yeah, it's extremely powerful.

The beams themselves are also massively FTL -- the TFA novelization and a few sourcebooks state the beams achieve such speed by literally tunneling through hyperspace. That's how they traveled from SKB's location in the Unknown Regions, to the Hosnian system's location in the Deep Core, in roughly 1 minute. Tack that onto the fact that the Hosnian system had absolutely no warning/indication they were about to be attacked, and evacuation wasn't really a practical option. The only survivors would've been those who were off-world at the time.

So regular people can see the beams? SW people have FTL perceptions?...Because I'm recalling in TFA that one could follow the beams on eyesight alone.

Galan007
I mean, even the film states the beams are "hyper-light speed".

Zenwolf
🤨 But, Eh the hell with it.

ares834
Since the beams are traveling such a large distance one could conceivably see the beams (though of course not the people on the targeted planets). There are far bigger holes like the fact that they can see the planets being destroyed despite the fact that they are in different solar systems (yes, I know the book came up with some bullshit about this being due to hyperspace shenanigans). That straight up confused me in the theater. I know films, especially SW films, don't follow real world physics. But almost everyone realizes we can't see planets from other solar systems while unaided.

juggernaut74
So where is the Colossus heading?

Unknown regions?

Galan007
This Q&A with Justin Ridge is pretty interesting:
https://io9.gizmodo.com/a-star-wars-resistance-producer-answers-your-burning-qu-1833278483

Darth Thor
Just caught up. Only the final 2 episodes were worth watching. And maybe the ones with Poe I guess.

Galan007
thumb up

I only 'enjoyed' the last couple because they added a good bit of depth to the First Order and Starkiller Base during the events of TFA.

The episodes with Poe were meh... Oscar Isaac's VA work was lackluster to say the least.

Zenwolf
Has the golden boy died yet?

Galan007
Commander Pyre?

Nah, he was still alive as of the show's finale.

StiltmanFTW
Commander Pyre.

I swear you're trying to give us a stroke.

Zenwolf
So wait...2 seasons that's it? We learned...what exactly? Cliffnotes please Galan.

ares834

Darth Thor
Yeah Its only been 1 season plus the shorts.

And honestly thats more than enough. It was a really bad time for this series. (Not that there would ever be a good time for this trash).

Just dont get what Filoni and Disney were thinking.

The Clone Wars cant come back fast enough.

Zenwolf
Oh, thought S2 had started lol. Eh shows how much I've been following this. XD When is the last bit of TCW suppose to come anyway? This year right?

Galan007
When is the last bit of TCW suppose to come anyway? This year right? I don't think an official release date has yet been given for the upcoming season of TCW.

Presumably it will drop in November, when Disney launches their new streaming service. They've already said that all the episodes will be available there.

Zenwolf

Galan007
Same.

Though I've actually thought about getting a membership, tbh. Apparently, it's only going to be $7/mth, and it looks like they're going to have TONS of content(no surprise given the vastness of the Disney empire, lol.)

I'd get it more for the kids than me, though. That way they have all the Disney/Pixar cartoons and whatnot on tap. I'll probably drop my Hulu membership if I do that.

Zenwolf
Seems logical.

But anyway Galan, have we learned anything worth of note about...well anything in this show so far?

Galan007
Only thing it has solidified for me it that the FO is a massive operation(far larger than the New Republic was), and when the Hosnian system was destroyed, the FO fleets had already encircled the galaxy in preparation for an all-out war across hundreds of different fronts. Also showed us that the FO had conducted multiple 'tests' with SKB in the Unknown Regions prior to the events of TFA.

Most of us probably figured all of the above was the case, but it was nice to get some legit confirmation.

Aside from that, the show was a huge waste of time, imo.

Zenwolf
Only thing it has solidified for me it that the FO is a massive operation(far larger than the New Republic was), and when the Hosnian system was destroyed, the FO fleets had already encircled the galaxy in preparation for an all-out war across hundreds of different fronts. Also showed us that the FO had conducted multiple 'tests' with SKB in the Unknown Regions prior to the events of TFA.

Most of us probably figured all of the above was the case, but it was nice to get some legit confirmation.

Aside from that, the show was a huge waste of time, imo.

Well that....sucks. So no specifics on how large the FO is in terms of numbers? Kinda disappointing. Although hundreds of fronts seem kinda...small, given the scope of the galaxy.

Galan007
No exact numbers. It was just stated that the FO's navy was larger than the New Republic's before the destruction of the Hosnian system.

Hundreds of fronts was just my speculation. We were shown the positions of FO fleets on a galactic holomap, and they appeared to be encircling the galaxy as to attack it on all fronts simultaneously after Hosnian was destroyed. Blitzkrieg style.

Zenwolf
No exact numbers. It was just stated that the FO's navy was larger than the New Republic's before the destruction of the Hosnian system.

Hundreds of fronts was just my speculation. We were shown the positions of FO fleets on a galactic holomap, and they appeared to be encircling the galaxy as to attack it on all fronts simultaneously after Hosnian was destroyed. Blitzkrieg style.

Which I'm guessing we have no real number for the NR navy either? Hm....well that's kinda sad, if not a bit predictable if that's really all we've got from this.

Galan007
That's it as far as I'm concerned.

For me the rest was entirely forgettable.

Zenwolf
That's it as far as I'm concerned.

For me the rest was entirely forgettable.

...Not a good start Resistance and they really got renewed for a 2nd season?

I mean I know that some shows have kind of a rocky 1st Season....but if the rest of this show doesn't really have anything, that doesn't look good.

Galan007
Yeah. Somehow...some way...Season 2 is definitely happening. It's slated for release in fall of this year(again, most likely in November when Disney's streaming service launches.)

Zenwolf
Yeah. Somehow...some way...Season 2 is definitely happening. It's slated for release in fall of this year(again, most likely in November when Disney's streaming service launches.)

You know it's bad, when youtubers(EckhartsLadder) make a 3 minute battle between Dreadnoughts that took months to make is better than a show that has what...millions of dollars and multiple people on it.

Galan007
Season 2 trailer:
JkJtdJKCVto

Looks pretty shit, though there are a few things I'm interested in seeing.

Also, Kylo using the force through holograms is kind of neat, I guess. /shrug

Galan007
*Also confirmed that this will be the last season. thumb up

Darth Thor
*Also confirmed that this will be the last season. thumb up

Thank GOD!

Zenwolf
Just saw it got canceled. Oh man, this is too funny.

Also that trailer was really...meh? I mean certainly better than S1 trailer though.

Galan007
Yeah, this show needs to go away... I'm honestly surprised it was even renewed for a second season. It could have been legitimately good and added a lot of depth to the ST era... But instead we got this garbage. thumb down

As with the first season, the *only* thing I remotely care about is seeing if this does anything to flesh out the First Order and their invasion of the galaxy. But that's really just to sate my own curiosity. /shrug

Zenwolf
Seems like this is really gonna revolve around that derelict space station...

Darth Thor

Also, Kylo using the force through holograms is kind of neat, I guess. /shrug

Meh

Galan007
I mean, at least it's *some* kind of decent TK showing(especially if Kylo himself ends up being light years away or w/e.) He doesn't have many of those as of now.

srug

Darth Thor
I mean, at least it's *some* kind of decent TK showing(especially if Kylo himself ends up being light years away or w/e.) He doesn't have many of those as of now.

srug

I mean was cool when Vader first choked a guy over the view screen in ESB. And shocking when Palpatine force choked Count Dooku from another planet in TCW via hologram.

Now the ST are just gonna cheapen it. Snoke in TLJ and now Kylo makes that girl point her gun at herself. Ooh wow.

Gonna take more than copy and paste to get me into these new wannabe villains.

The opening of TFA when Kylo caught that blaster bolt is still by far the coolest thing weve seen from him.

ares834
It's the coolest thing in any of these movies sadly.

I still like Kylo though. Frankly, he is the only halfway interesting new character in the sequels.

Galan007
The opening of TFA when Kylo caught that blaster bolt is still by far the coolest thing weve seen from him. Oh by far.

It was also stated in the TLJ novelization that Kylo could have frozen the torpedo that hit Leia's ship, but he didn't have enough time. That would have been SO much better than the random "Leia flying through space" scene that we got instead, but I digress. ermm

I'm just glad we're getting *something* in the way of a TK showing from Kylo in this... Even if it's just a copy/paste ability that we've seen before.

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by ares834
It's the coolest thing in any of these movies sadly.

I still like Kylo though. Frankly, he is the only halfway interesting new character in the sequels.

I like Adam Driver a lot - but they've done worse to his character than they did to Luke.

In TFA, Rey easily and literally curb-stomped Kylo.

In TLJ, Luke has a pseudo-duel with Kylo, only to disappear and leave Kylo screaming like a little girl.

They have tarred and feathered Adam Driver and Kylo Ren is basically a humiliated human pin-cushion.

I don't have any desire to see what they do to him in TROS.

We can't forget there's an agenda here, and seeing (and funding) that film will only cause the cancer to grow.

I'm actually interested and excited to see what company will purchase Star Wars after Disney's projects fall through.

Zenwolf
Oh by far.

It was also stated in the TLJ novelization that Kylo could have frozen the torpedo that hit Leia's ship, but he didn't have enough time. That would have been SO much better than the random "Leia flying through space" scene that we got instead, but I digress. ermm

I'm just glad we're getting *something* in the way of a TK showing from Kylo in this... Even if it's just a copy/paste ability that we've seen before.

I mean technically, just about every ability shown in these movies we have seen in some form or another. :P

Well apart from the weird like...force traveling...fight thing? That is gonna happen in TROS.

CaveDude33211
I mean technically, just about every ability shown in these movies we have seen in some form or another. :P

Well apart from the weird like...force traveling...fight thing? That is gonna happen in TROS.

I'm excited that we get to see more Force Ghost Luke.

How cool is that.

Darth Thor

Obviously a lot of moves have to repeat themselves, but when the highlight in the trailer is Kylo doing a very basic version of something we have seen before (and sort of cheapening it), then all im left with is Meh.

Galan007
Super random, but the latest episode had them travel to Ashas Ree(some of you might remember that world from Legends), explore an ancient Jedi Temple that was built on top of a conquered Sith Temple, and find an ancient Sith relic.

Darth Thor
Super random, but the latest episode had them travel to Ashas Ree(some of you might remember that world from Legends), explore an ancient Jedi Temple that was built on top of a conquered Sith Temple, and find an ancient Sith relic.

Just saw that. I hope it leads to something more interesting.

The episode prior with the dragons was kind of okay.

But just glad this is the final season. And that the next show is more for 12year olds than 6year olds.

Also Lucasfilm has messed up this time period, so its just not that interesting. They should shift back to PT or OT era for the next one.

Carguy232
Mohammad (PBUH)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>