What anime are you currently watching?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Thought I'd make this thread, didn't see it for a few pages and didn't feel like bumping an older one, so I decided to make this one.

Gonna try and check out the Castlevania anime and Kill la Kill.

DarthSkywalker0
Hopefully going to start the Tatami Galaxy, but nothing at the moment.

NemeBro
Watching an episode or two of the Ancient Magus' Bride every other day.

NewGuy01
Of the currently airing shows I'm watching Boruto, Overlord III, and Happy Sugar Life. There are a couple others I might pick up, but as of yet I haven't bothered. I'm only watching those three because I've already read their source material. I don't have the attention span right now to start anything new unless it's really eye catching, unfortunately.

NemeBro
Is Happy Sugar Life actually good, or do you just watch it for fetishy psycho lesbians?

NewGuy01
Are you suggesting that a show about a 17 year old psycho lesbian pedophile could be anything but good?

NotAllThatEvil
I've been watching the show about the blood cells. Mostly I just think it's funny how much blood is in a mostly moe slice of life type show

NemeBro
Originally posted by NewGuy01
pedophile Wat? She's a pedo? laughing out loud

NewGuy01
I mean, only of you consider someone who kidnaps 5 year olds off the street and exchanges wedding vows with them a pedo.

cdtm
Megalo Joe.

Wouldn't Joe be the LONG SHOT, and therefore throwing a match would be pointless? Who would bet on him over the champ?

Jmanghan
Rurouni Kenshin, never seen the whole series.

Also, Teen Titans is an anime, idc what anyone says.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by cdtm
Megalo Joe.

Wouldn't Joe be the LONG SHOT, and therefore throwing a match would be pointless? Who would bet on him over the champ?

Ah yes Megalo Joe, that was a pretty cool short anime for this year though yeah that part was kind of dumb. Then again by the point where Joe was supposed to throw the match I believe he was the one that everyone thought had the high chance of winning

XxSamuraixX
My hero academia, and Dragonball Super

victreebelvictr
Manga, Lumine and anime Hero Academia.

cdtm
Originally posted by XxSamuraixX
My hero academia, and Dragonball Super

Don't waste your time on DBS. Worst thing since aids.

victreebelvictr
Don't waste your time on DBS. Worst thing since aids. How come, is it plain boring or something?

cdtm
Boring would be a step up.

You know how bad Attack of the Clones was? I'd rather marathon ten showings in a row of that then one half hour of DBS.

My endoscopy was more entertaining. At least I could enjoy the sedatives.... Being kicked in the nuts isn't as painful as watching the entire series.

bbrem123
yet you watched every episode lol

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by bbrem123
yet you watched every episode lol Sometimes, we have to go through hard things to get the results...

XxSamuraixX
Hey, your AIDS, not mine

XxSamuraixX
AIDS, is supposed to be capitalized

victreebelvictr
He would know, he has it! doctor

XxSamuraixX
New anime, your lie in April I'm watching

victreebelvictr
Glad to hear it! I loved that one myself.

wakkawakkawakka
Well I'm currently watching My Hero Acadamia(just like all the other new gen anime fans), and Hanebado:

A show about badminton:
H14Dg3TRR3Y

victreebelvictr
My Hero Academia is an amazing choice. I am watching it myself.

The fact that they all not just have different abilities, but also unique personalities is quite intriguing.

ares834
There are a lot of new shows I'm interested in this season (though I expect many will be shit).

SAO: Alicization
Jojo
Index III
Goblin Slayer
SSSS. Gridman
Reincarnated as a Slime
Double Decker

vansonbee
Loved Goblin Slayer first episode, I just hope its not repeated content in episode 2 till the end.

Fairy Tail anime is way better than the manga, I like the extra content.

Going to watch Index when its more available.

NewGuy01
Repeated content?

NemeBro
Goblin Slayer sucks, don't watch it guys. thumb up

ares834
Is it? That's a shame. I haven't checked out the first episode yet but it sounded fun.

NewGuy01
The manga has its moments, but yeah, it's not very good on the whole. Also, Bilbo Baggins is in the story, for some reason.

vansonbee
Repeated content? killing goblins over and over.

NewGuy01
That is what it's about, yes.

Nemesis X
Got back from watching Hanebado and good lord, it has to have the second most garbage ending I've seen in an anime.

So your mother abandons you at a very young age 'cause you suck at badminton and goes to live another life across the globe for years with a replacement daughter, fully aware how this will affect her other child mentally. To her, that's ok because it will also motivate to make you better at the sport she abandoned you for not being good at. After that revelation, everything is hunky dory. You forgive your jackass of a parent and go off hanging out with your buds, your issues washed away by the magic of BS. Who wrote this?

XLR87T3
Manyuu Hikenchou, Seiken no Qwaser, and Ladies Versus Butlers

NemeBro
Originally posted by XLR87T3
Manyuu Hikenchou, Seiken no Qwaser, and Ladies Versus Butlers That's a pretty neckbearded selection of anime you've got there friendo.

vansonbee
Manyuu Hikenchou, Seiken no Qwaser, and Ladies Versus Butlers How you liking Manyuu Hikenchou?

Dreampanther
First episode of Goblin Slayer was excellent. I forgot how dark the opening was. Can't wait to see how they adapted the rest of it.

XLR87T3
Originally posted by NemeBro
That's a pretty neckbearded selection of anime you've got there friendo. LOL I thought neckbeards watch My Little Pony, and are otakus in general? I'm a skinnyfat black guy, nice try!Originally posted by vansonbee
How you liking Manyuu Hikenchou? I'm loving it, and I watched all the OVAs and bonus material as well. Hopefully I can start the manga too.

NemeBro
I'm a skinnyfat black guy, nice try! Ah, so you're of the Thaddeus McMichael strain of otaku, fair enough.

XLR87T3
Originally posted by NemeBro
Ah, so you're of the Thaddeus McMichael strain of otaku, fair enough. Hahaha notice how all three of the anime I listed has predominantly ADULT women featured.

I like titties, not kiddies

Jmanghan
One Punch Man.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Jmanghan
One Punch Man. Me too!

I just finished the SeaFolk one.

NewGuy01
Been reading Berserk for the last couple days, just finished the arc with Darkseid the Pope. I feel like things have been much less interesting since the focus switched to "monster hunting saga" from "Guts&Griffith bromance chronicles."

victreebelvictr
Been reading Berserk for the last couple days, just finished the arc with Darkseid the Pope. I feel like things have been much less interesting since the focus switched to "monster hunting saga" from "Guts&Griffith bromance chronicles." Berserk has quite a bit of blood...

Attack on Titan is as far as I can go without feeling an urge to hurl.

ares834
Been reading Berserk for the last couple days, just finished the arc with Darkseid the Pope. I feel like things have been much less interesting since the focus switched to "monster hunting saga" from "Guts&Griffith bromance chronicles."

It is. The Golden Age is easily the best part of Berserk. The series continues to decline in quality after that.

XxSamuraixX
Attack on Titan, Dragon ball Super. and Assassination Classroom. (Waiting for My Hero Academia Season 4)

victreebelvictr

XxSamuraixX
Same thing as usual

ares834
Just caught up on Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai

Surprisingly good. It's basically Monogatari-lite.

BruhMan
Rewatching bleach before it fell off the quality cliff...damn i forgot how much i loved this show. The soul society and Espada arcs are still so entertaining.

wakkawakkawakka
Does Netflix Castlevania count because I'm watching that.

Also I decided to see what all the uproar for Goblin Slayer was about. While its not good I don't see why it would cause such a ruckus...though I see that its manga iteration does have some nice artwork IMO.

Estacado
Started watching One Piece...its pretty damn fun..

Jmanghan
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka

Also I decided to see what all the uproar for Goblin Slayer was about. While its not good I don't see why it would cause such a ruckus...though I see that its manga iteration does have some nice artwork IMO. Castlevania. <3

Jmanghan
Does Teen Titans count? I feel like it should count.

It counts, **** off.

Jmanghan
Watched a bit of Yu Yu Hakusho earlier today, love that anime.

Trocity

Is that worth watching?

NemeBro
Originally posted by Trocity
Is that worth watching? First season was pretty fun. thumb up

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Trocity
Is that worth watching? I thought it was pretty good, yeah.

Jmanghan
Hahaha notice how all three of the anime I listed has predominantly ADULT women featured.

I like titties, not kiddies To me a phat ass and titties (in anime) are what show adult women.

They got that curvy development.

shiv

WOW

vansonbee
Lucky you, starting it so late.

I'm enjoying slime anime very much, glad it's 24 episodes.

cdtm
Originally posted by shiv

WOW

Just skip the followup series. Even girl on girl can't save it.

shiv
Hajime no Ippo

So I finished ATLA and yeah I get what you mean.... watching it so late I can jump right into the Dark Horse Comic Book Continuation

+

Man Oh Man how did people survive... there is a tough break in the series which is so soul crushing (so sad) a character who you're really happy for and then... how did people survive that break in the series.

I'm so happy for that character and for all the characters who earn their happy ending.

I'll be working my way through the Lost Adventures, The Promise, The Search and The Rift. Once I have all the books It'll be Go Time.

for now its Hajime no Ippo

Had this on a list of top animated shows to watch

Going In I was like ...eh hope this isn't whack. WOW ITS AWESOME OMG ITS AWESOME As you watch it you can tell (you can really tell) a lot of love went into writing / making this Anime (And The Manga behind it)

It's a 10/10 show

(I know its an anime - but seriously Round -- and -- that ref is clearly bought and paid for and those --- omg I could murder them. This comment may seem extreme but omg watch that episode and you'll be like omg)

Hajime no Ippo is shockingly good.

Pro Tip: If you're streaming it / watching it on a site or platform where people leave comments (spoilers) keep your guard up / get outta there.

This Shows A Knockout!

victreebelvictr

LordofBrooklyn

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
What version are you watching?

The Stardust Crusaders arc is where the action kicks in during the remake. Not sure, ill check and report back tomorrow.

I am only two episodes in so...

Well, if it helps, one of the episodes had a chef that created dishes that seemed bad but were actually helping you of the problems that you currently had.

ares834
WTF? That's part 4. And not only is it part 4, but the Chef episode doesn't happen until like 10 episodes in so you skipped a shit ton of episodes in part 4 as well.

Start from the beginning of Part 1.

victreebelvictr

Jmanghan
Tsugumomo, kind of.

victreebelvictr
Tsugumomo, kind of. What is that about?

shiv
Bleach Eng Dub

It Is Very Good

cdtm
My Hero Academia season 1.

The voices are so good. Especially All Might.

Eon Blue

Jmanghan
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
What is that about? A demon girl who rapes and molests this human dude.

Not actually, it's portrayed pretty light-heartedly, but still.

wakkawakkawakka
Currently watching "That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime"

Because why not...also it's surprisingly entertaining.

victreebelvictr
Currently watching "That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime"

Because why not...also it's surprisingly entertaining. What do you give it from a scale of 1-10?

cdtm
With reference to this I posted in Ownage:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5XRCJHPCkHo/VkmU9eByv7I/AAAAAAAAlcY/lhXIqssGHYU/s16000/0005-016.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mL2QlIB-2Qk/VkmSgigaH1I/AAAAAAAAknk/4UPfugWgziU/s16000/0005-017.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8R7lsjd5xF4/VkmUWf0TfZI/AAAAAAAAlP4/MSTWXHwzXMQ/s16000/0005-018.jpg

Ippo fans, this is the manga Takamura was referencing when he claimed Sanada Kazuki is a "Super Doctor).

Everyone else, Super Doctor K. is basically Kenshiro as a doctor. He performs major surgery in an elavator, and forces a little kid to help out, just to give him a life lesson. If Kenshiro exploded someone, Doctor K would stitch the pieces back together.

It's hilarious, I highly recommend it.

cdtm
Reading the old Jump release of Dragon Ball. The localization is pretty bad, with slang phrases like "whazzup?", and they reference the goddamned Clapper at one point.

Jmanghan
Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X on Crunchyroll.

Jmanghan
Are you suggesting that a show about a 17 year old psycho lesbian pedophile could be anything but good? Is that the one where the mother of girl she's trying to molest ends up molesting her?

Jmanghan
On topic, Afro Samurai.

NewGuy01
Is that the one where the mother of girl she's trying to molest ends up molesting her?
Um, no, that didn't happen.

Jmanghan
Um, no, that didn't happen. Fair enough.

Galan007
laughing out loud

cdtm
That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime.

It's actually surprisingly good.

cdtm
This should be seen by all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts1-KIrmOMY

Pretty blatantly poking fun of the "reincarnation" craze, about a Samurai that wish's to have a body made of iron n his next life, and gets reincarnated as a coffee machine.

NewGuy01
Watching the Dororo remake.

qwertyuiop1998
kaguya-sama:love is war
even though i had read it original manga,but this anime is still good(actually i very enjoy it)

Jmanghan
Good Luck! Ninomiya-kun, I watched a few years ago, watching it again, it's over-the-top, but there are female-on-male rape scenes that are played for laughs, so meh, idk.

Jmanghan
"Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai".

I'm not even sure, but I've heard good things.

Prof. T.C McAbe
High Score Girl. Pretty good at least the first three episodes I watched.

NewGuy01
"Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai".

I'm not even sure, but I've heard good things.

It's discount Bakemonogatari. Written by the same guy as Sakurasou. It's alright.

I'm still watching Dororo, and I recently picked up Kaguya-sama. Thoroughly enjoying both.

Jmanghan
Idgaf if you think it counts or not smile :

DBZ Abridged.

NewGuy01
Akatsuki no Yona.

MrMind
all the Fist of the North Star OVA

shiv
Attack On Titan

JFC they can not catch a ******* break

Completed Season 1

Jmanghan
One Punch Man.

Watched "My Neighbor Totoro" with my family last night, was pretty cool.

Jmanghan
Sword of the Stranger

Jmanghan
That was such a good ****ing movie.

Fight scenes, characters, story are all top notch. But then again I'm a sucker for traveling swordsmen storylines.

Jmanghan
Watching Ninja Scroll, so far, so good.

Jmanghan
Again, AMAZING movie, I cried during Kagero's death.

Jmanghan
Paranoia Agent

cdtm
A classic. thumb up

ares834
Finally got around to re-watching Madoka Magica and watching (for the first time) Rebellion. Madoka was a great series on my first viewing yet the rewatch was even better, significantly so. And Rebellion was downright amazing.

cdtm
Went through FLCL Alternative on the Cartoon Network website.

It's ok, I guess. A little too much drama, too little anything else (Although "eyebrows" was a welcome surprise.)

Nothing could beat the original.

Also rewatching the insanely good Space Dandy.

Jmanghan
Batman: Gotham Knight.

It's a ****ing anime regardless of what you plebs think.

nancysamuel104
Hourou Suru Tasogare

Jmanghan
Went through FLCL Alternative on the Cartoon Network website.

It's ok, I guess. A little too much drama, too little anything else (Although "eyebrows" was a welcome surprise.)

Nothing could beat the original.

Also rewatching the insanely good Space Dandy. FLCL should've ended at... FLCL, lol. These sequels aren't bringing anything good to the table.

Jmanghan
On Topic: One Punch Man season 2.

Trocity
That time I was reincarnated as a slime.

vansonbee
Kimetsu no Yaiba

cdtm
Baki the Grappler.

Yujiro Hanma is clearly a poorly disguised Akuma.

Eon Blue
Ergo Proxy

Jmanghan
"A Silent Voice"

Jmanghan
Baki the Grappler.

Yujiro Hanma is clearly a poorly disguised Akuma. Yujiro came first though, so Akuma is a poorly disguised Yujiro Hanma.

cdtm
New Grappler Baki now.

Not sure if it's good or really stupid. The art styles devolved into something Liefeld-esq, the fights are so over the top with gore, yet keep going on even after someone has third degree burns all over their bodies and mortal wounds everywhere, that it takes away any sense of consequence from them. If a character can have his arms and legs broken one moment, then come back and trounce the guy who beat him the next chapter, you may as well have fights with Deadpool clones. It's just dumb.

And then there's Baki's love life. Everyone hates the typical protagonist who can't make a move, but Baki's is almost a bad subversion, in that it makes everyone out to have no boundaries at all. Everyone acts like emotionally stunted crazy people, or maybe the problem is the love scenes are made by someone who doesn't understand human behavior, and so everyone acts stupid as a result.

NewGuy01
why did jman watch koe no katachi on the same day as me

what is this

NemeBro
why did jman watch koe no katachi on the same day as me

what is this Identical tastes, hobbies, and personalities. thumb up

cdtm
New Grappler Baki now.

Not sure if it's good or really stupid. The art styles devolved into something Liefeld-esq, the fights are so over the top with gore, yet keep going on even after someone has third degree burns all over their bodies and mortal wounds everywhere, that it takes away any sense of consequence from them. If a character can have his arms and legs broken one moment, then come back and trounce the guy who beat him the next chapter, you may as well have fights with Deadpool clones. It's just dumb.

And then there's Baki's love life. Everyone hates the typical protagonist who can't make a move, but Baki's is almost a bad subversion, in that it makes everyone out to have no boundaries at all. Everyone acts like emotionally stunted crazy people, or maybe the problem is the love scenes are made by someone who doesn't understand human behavior, and so everyone acts stupid as a result.

All is forgiven. That sex scene was amazing. Not a bit lewd, and the facial expressions were a work of art.

cdtm
Baki Son of Ogre.

What is with this Japanese writer promoting American liberal politics? First he glorifies Ali as some kind of symbol against black oppression, and then he compares W. Bush to Kennedy, and has characters practically spit on Bush.

I mean, one's politics are one's business, but it's kind of odd to see someone have strong feelings about social politics of a country they don't live in.

NewGuy01
Started and finished a manga called "Masturbation Master Kurosawa" last night. Recommended by 4chan.

...interesting read.

cdtm
Baki Son of Ogre.

What is with this Japanese writer promoting American liberal politics? First he glorifies Ali as some kind of symbol against black oppression, and then he compares W. Bush to Kennedy, and has characters practically spit on Bush.

I mean, one's politics are one's business, but it's kind of odd to see someone have strong feelings about social politics of a country they don't live in.

And now Che Guevara.

That settles it, Keisuke Itagaki is one of the most radical leftist manga writers ever.

vansonbee
Started and finished a manga called "Masturbation Master Kurosawa" last night. Recommended by 4chan.

...interesting read. A another masterpiece that won't see a anime ever.

Nuke Nixon
Koakuma Kanojo

carthage
Neon Genesis Evangelion

staxamillion
black clover
rising of the shield hero

TempAccount
Just finished Neon Genesis and End of Evangelion. "What in god's c0ck is going on?" was the phrase going through my head throughout the last 30 minutes of the movie.

I think I'll go back to moe anime after this.

ares834
Here is a handy little image that succinctly explains it.

There is also another more lengthy one that explains virtually everything.

Also watch more then just moeshit. Vinland Saga begins airing soon and the manga is pretty great.

TempAccount
Originally posted by ares834
Here is a handy little image that succinctly explains it.

There is also another more lengthy one that explains virtually everything.

Also watch more then just moeshit. Vinland Saga begins airing soon and the manga is pretty great. I understand it now, though I still think it's weird af. I don't know how the hell Cartoon Network aired this show with the amounts of cuts and censoring required.

On the bright side SEELE seems to align with the teachings of the Sith and our own Globalists who want to transcend into AI gods.

Alex Jones explains Evangelion well:

5X9RUOEOoNQ

wakkawakkawakka
Currently watching Vinland Saga. I get to see Thors being cool in anime now.

cdtm
Fist of the North Star.

Where does Kenshiro keep getting those jackets? They rip every fight, yet somehow he's wearing another one in the next scene, even if he's in the middle of nowhere.

cdtm
For that matter, who cuts the hair of everyone in the land of demons? The first unnamed demon had a pretty stylish short cut. Smooth faced too, so they must shave.

So many questions about post apocalyptic worlds.

BruhMan
Diggin Demon Slayer. Fighting the urge to just read the manga.

TempAccount
Kiniro Mosaic (Kinmoza)

vansonbee
I am digging Vinland Saga episode 1 so far.Originally posted by BruhMan
Diggin Demon Slayer. Fighting the urge to just read the manga. I'm positive the anime is doing a more fabulous job adapting, compared to the source material.

deft
In this moment, Monster. Awesome anime as f*ck.

NotAllThatEvil
Yo, finally got around to watching trigun after like twenty years. Real good, but vash got insufferable near the end. Any recommendations of something similar but less preachy?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Yo, finally got around to watching trigun after like twenty years. Real good, but vash got insufferable near the end. Any recommendations of something similar but less preachy?

Lupin the 3rd?

cdtm
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil

See the Trigun movie.

And then maybe Outlaw Star.

Jmanghan
Akatsuki no Yona. Is that any good?

vansonbee
Its like a reverse harem trope, but with decent story and zero cringe fest. Even when the guys outnumber the girls.

A decent 8/10 series in my book.

NewGuy01
Is that any good?
I was pretty disappointed since my expectations were high, but it wasn't bad. It does fall into the category of incomplete adaptations that are likely to never be completed, so there's that. I wouldn't really recommend watching it unless you've got a lack of items on your backlog.

Astner
Finished the second season of Attack on Titan. It's been a long time since I saw the first season, but the plot and pacing of the second season were on point.

Originally posted by vansonbee
Its like a reverse harem trope,
So basically it's a cuckfest? Get the **** out.

cdtm
Read HunterXHunter up past the Chimera Ant arc so far.

If the rose bomb kills over time from the fallout, shouldn't everyone in the area have been infected? Including the wolf guy and Palm, who was actually in the same room with Meruem?

Astner
Finished Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2, so I'm finally up to date with the anime, and Season 4 is released in a year.

Great show.

Read HunterXHunter up past the Chimera Ant arc so far.

If the rose bomb kills over time from the fallout, shouldn't everyone in the area have been infected? Including the wolf guy and Palm, who was actually in the same room with Meruem?
It kills Meruem and the two Royal Guards who dug him out of the fallout.

riv6672

ares834
That absolute shit characters. Deku is one of the worst MCs ever. And Bakugo, who acts as the secondary protagonist of the show, is somehow even worse.

riv6672
^^^cool.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>