namor vs mera

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
in the heart of the pacific. not sure if she could dehydrate him underwater given her quickly the sea replenishes him. could she take him out without dehydrating him if she had to?

Philosophía
Can she use water to give him strokes and such, or is there no internal body water use whatsoever?

leonidas
if you think she can do that, sure. i guess it would come down to whether he could resist something like that given his durability. don't think i've seen her give someone a stroke before.

Genii96
Namor knocks her head off

Philosophía
Originally posted by leonidas
if you think she can do that, sure. i guess it would come down to whether he could resist something like that given his durability. don't think i've seen her give someone a stroke before. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DjNvJUSXsAU_uvT.jpg

Even without any internal control, I'd say Mera for a healthy majority, given her general hydrokinesis. It's without any of it, and solely h2h, that it gets interesting.

leonidas
huh. so you think she can take arthur down just as easily with her full power in play?

zopzop
She destroys him (assuming all powers in play). You can even add Aquaman with is Trident to help out and they still die if she's serious about winning.

Mera 10/10.

Philosophía
huh. so you think she can take arthur down just as easily with her full power in play? I'd say so, yes, unless his TP is played up.

riv6672
The way Mera fights as opposed to the way ppl -think- she fights is very different.

StiltmanFTW
Mera has decent physicals and her hydrokinesis is just hax...

One Big Mob
Little known fact is Namor can't lose to women. Impossible

Stoic
I'm going to go against the grain here. Namor wins. I saw Mera's fight with Orm, and she didn't resort to giving him strokes to seal the win for her, and she was fighting for an entire kingdom. Not seeing this killer that people are trying to make her into.

StiltmanFTW
You saw her performance against the clowns from the Justice League?

zopzop
Originally posted by riv6672
The way Mera fights as opposed to the way ppl -think- she fights is very different.
How do you mean? She's desiccated people on panel, she's nearly killed someone by drowning their lungs, she's used hard water constructs offensively and defensively. Which tactic that was mentioned in this thread doesn't match up with how she fights on panel?

riv6672

Zack M
Mera for a healthy majority.

leonidas
i'd be more interested in knowing if desiccation is possible on namor underwater, and if he could survive a stroke long enough to get in an attack. i don't see either as being ooc. she wouldn't have to kill him, just incapacitate him then finish him off with hard water or even something purely physical. if he could get his hands on her though, i think he'd have a def shot at ending it, and unlike her, it wouldn't be ooc for him to simply snap her neck.

zopzop
i'd be more interested in knowing if desiccation is possible on namor underwater, and if he could survive a stroke long enough to get in an attack. i don't see either as being ooc. she wouldn't have to kill him, just incapacitate him then finish him off with hard water or even something purely physical. if he could get his hands on her though, i think he'd have a def shot at ending it, and unlike her, it wouldn't be ooc for him to simply snap her neck.
Leo didn't you see Philo's scan? She doesn't have to desiccate him. She can give him a stroke or stop his breathing. She knows how to deal with water dwelling creatures.

leonidas
namor recovers very quickly underwater though, and stopping his breathing wouldn't kill him instantly. there would still be a chance he might reach her before he was ko'd. maybe. /shrug

zopzop
namor recovers very quickly underwater though, and stopping his breathing wouldn't kill him instantly. there would still be a chance he might reach her before he was ko'd. maybe. /shrug
Ok so what happens when he reaches her? She's not some glass canon. Didn't she go up against Wonder Woman and hold her own?

This is Mera's fight to lose.

Zack M
Originally posted by zopzop
Ok so what happens when he reaches her? She's not some glass canon. Didn't she go up against Wonder Woman and hold her own?

This is Mera's fight to lose.

She fought Black Lantern Wonder Woman. And she didn't just snap her neck. She's not fragile at all.

Philosophía
namor recovers very quickly underwater though, and stopping his breathing wouldn't kill him instantly. there would still be a chance he might reach her before he was ko'd. maybe. /shrug Well...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11124/111244877/5515305-20161103_121458.jpg

...then they have an even fight.

DarkSaint85
One more thing.

Doesn't matter if he's surrounded by water. She controls it. It's not going into his cells.

beatboks
Frac just how OP is Mera these days.

What I mean is I WANNA SEE MORE SCANS

StiltmanFTW
I just realized Mera's hydrokinesis means you can always cum inside her and she won't get impregnated unless she wants to.

zopzop
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I just realized Mera's hydrokinesis means you can always cum inside her and she won't get impregnated unless she wants to.
Leave it to Stilt to come up with perverse ways to use cool powers. You should be working as a writer for Marvel or DC. wink

-K-M-
He should be writing for the Savage Dragon series

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud Mera grappling with Wonder Woman is just evidence that writers legit don't even care anymore.

Female? Check. Atlantean? Check. Close enough to Wonder Woman, a female Amazonian, might as well make them equals. Wtf. Wonder Woman should punch a whole through Mera's skull and break Aquaman's nose with one swing.

Genii96

He doesn't need to breathe anymore,as OHT pointed out when he suffocated thundra, venom used a weapon to do something similar to dessication on him on land,,he still thrashed venom.He also recovered from the desert Suns used on him by shuri using wakandan tech the instant he got in water when he was barely crawling prior to that,his suit means he stays hydrated enough to fight whether she stops the ocean water from reaching him, allowing him to reach her

zopzop
Originally posted by Genii96
He doesn't need to breathe anymore,as OHT pointed out when he suffocated thundra
Scans? I find this hard to believe and I'm a minor Namor fan.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by zopzop
Scans? I find this hard to believe and I'm a minor Namor fan.

First time I hear of it, too.

He can do well with a pierced lung and such (crazy damage soak), but he still needs to breathe, afaik.

What issue are you referring to, Genii96?

Genii96
Squadron Supereme #11https://readcomicbooksonline.org/reader/mangas/Squadron%20Supreme%202016/Squadron%20Supreme%202016%20Issue%2011/nimu-017.jpg

DarkSaint85
Squadron Supereme #11https://readcomicbooksonline.org/reader/mangas/Squadron%20Supreme%202016/Squadron%20Supreme%202016%20Issue%2011/nimu-017.jpg

Erm...it just said he doesn't need AIR to breathe.

Which we all knew.

https://s5.postimg.cc/mghs20m2r/RCO017_w_1473251046.jpg

carver9
I know this is off topic but I'm surprised no one ever mentioned those amazing speed fts Spidermam had that issue.

Genii96
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Erm...it just said he doesn't need AIR to breathe.

Which we all knew.

https://s5.postimg.cc/mghs20m2r/RCO017_w_1473251046.jpg

What are you talking about??, OHT burned all the air around thundra there as he made the statement, basically showing that if you put him in a vacuum,he will be fine,he Neither requires air nor water to breathe, it's not that hard to comprehend. I hope you are not trying to claim he needs water to breathe or something because he can stay indefinitely on land or on water,if he doesn't get require air to breathe and still can stay on land as long as he likes, it's clear he doesn't need oxygen, which is what both air and water animals breathe

So unless you have a scan about him needing to breathe another element not found in air or that he can only breathe in water(lol)he doesn't need to breathe

Genii96
Originally posted by carver9
I know this is off topic but I'm surprised no one ever mentioned those amazing speed fts Spidermam had that issue.

Blur might have been holding back tho,he didn't really want to fight Spidey since he was a hero and all,but it's just as assumption

DarkSaint85
What are you talking about??, OHT burned all the air around thundra there as he made the statement, basically showing that if you put him in a vacuum,he will be fine,he Neither requires air nor water to breathe, it's not that hard to comprehend. I hope you are not trying to claim he needs water to breathe or something because he can stay indefinitely on land or on water,if he doesn't get require air to breathe and still can stay on land as long as he likes, it's clear he doesn't need oxygen, which is what both air and water animals breathe

So unless you have a scan about him needing to breathe another element not found in air or that he can only breathe in water(lol)he doesn't need to breathe

It doesn't show that. At all.

Namor doesn't require air. He can breathe it just fine, though.

'Unlike my friend Carver9, you require a woman to orgasm!'

Does that mean Carver9 doesn't orgasm? No. It means he is able to spread his baby batter from both the presence of women, and indeed, other sexes. You, however, are limited to women.

@Carver: that's because as a speed showing it was terrible. Everyone who wanted to punch him, did so. thundra, Power Princess, Blur etc.

Whilst they were talking about how they weren't there to fight him and respected him blah blah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.