Onimusha: Warlords HD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-Pr-
The first Onimusha is coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4 and Switch in January:

H0OzWsJMWE8

https://gematsu.com/2018/08/onimusha-warlords-coming-to-ps4-xbox-one-switch-and-pc-on-january-15-2019https://gematsu.com/2018/08/onimusha-warlords-coming-to-ps4-xbox-one-switch-and-pc-on-january-15-2019

Onimusha 2 is arguably my favourite PS2-era game, so I'm more than a little interested in this, which is itself still a really, really enjoyable game.

cdtm
Never played an Onimusha. Looks fun.

Basically a 3d brawler, right? Are they particularly challenging?

-Pr-
The easiest way I can describe it is that it plays like the original Resident Evil games, but you're a samurai instead of a cop, and you're in feudal Japan.

Adam Grimes
I think it was supposed to be a RE game but it got scrapped into this?

-Pr-
It was originally meant to be a ninja-based spin-off iirc.

Kazenji
Never really played the games, A friend of mine was into them at the time

might check this first one when it get's releasedm Hoping the sequels are on their way too.

BruceSkywalker
I can finally play this

Khazra Reborn
YEEEES, one of my favorite series ever. I tried revisiting the original recently, but it has no analog stick support, and I just can't get past that shit anymore.

Kazenji
They use to have the 3rd game on Steam until i'm guessing Capcom took it off over licensing issues.

-Pr-
For anyone interested, the game is now available, and all signs point to it being a solid port.

Kazenji
^
Yep even Jim Sterling agree's with that too, Except for the Switch version seems to have some issues with it.

-Pr-
Damn. They get the PC version right but mess up on a console. For shame.

Kazenji
Brings up issues to do with the control's mainly the stick's on the joycon for the switch.

I9Zku7IOck4&t

cdtm
Looks good, but not 20 dollars worth. Not for me, anyways.

It seems like Devil May Cry with less stylish, and more RE.

Kazenji
Maybe because it is.

cdtm
Which is why I won't be paying full price. I can't play classic RE style games anymore.

-Pr-
The new analog stick controls take some getting used to. You can use the D-pad to get the normal, old RE experience, but with the stick he moves in full 3d. It takes some adjustment though, as when the camera changes, his movement is relative to the camera.

Kazenji
Originally posted by cdtm
Which is why I won't be paying full price. I can't play classic RE style games anymore.

Because the games cost to much to buy?

doesn't bother me i'm not one of the sheep that sold their PS3 for a PS4, Got both myself.

cdtm
That's good.

PS2's are cheap, aren't they? I recommend one for PS2 games, over the PS3, they look pretty good on an hdtv with components, and don't suffer "backwards compatibility" or emulation problems.

cdtm
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=playstation+2&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Holy crap. No, PS2's are not cheap anymore.

It's getting so a tightwad can't enjoy their little niche and hope nobody notices, and drives up prices.. What's next, a Sega revival? All those tasty dirt cheap Sega games nobody cares about, suddenly go up 4,000 percent on digital, and resellers and prospectors hoard physical media? (I can only hope, I'd make a killing..)

-Pr-
If you really wanted a PS2, I'm sure there are plenty of stores selling second-hand ones.

Kazenji
Originally posted by cdtm
That's good.

PS2's are cheap, aren't they? I recommend one for PS2 games, over the PS3, they look pretty good on an hdtv with components, and don't suffer "backwards compatibility" or emulation problems.

I also own of those the original one not the slim version.

cdtm
Originally posted by -Pr-
If you really wanted a PS2, I'm sure there are plenty of stores selling second-hand ones.

I have one. Just thinking ahead, in case it breaks someday, as I do play it more then any other system. smile

A slim, not an original like Kaz has. I'm jealous.

Kazenji
Was looking into hooking the PS2 back up, As i've seen that you can get HDMI adapters for the PS2 to work on the newer tv's.

cdtm
It really does look good. Much better then SD television programming.

Try breaking out something like Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits. It's not bad at all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.