Hate against the Yuuzhan Vong?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zenwolf
So been kinda thinking on this lately.

What's with people not liking the Vong?

I see posts here and there from people that they don't like the Vong...yet they never really explain why.

I'm kinda indifferent to them myself, but is the hate directed at the species themselves or how the stories were written?

I haven't really read through all the books or comics, but what I have read is something I find interesting because it's not...

Rebels or Republic(Old or New) vs Empire(Sith or Galactic) or Jedi vs Sith.

But it's two former enemies coming together and fighting a new threat that just popped into their galaxy to takeover, I find the idea interesting and it moves the galaxy forward. So am I missing something?

Jmanghan
I dunno, I think their design and tactics are pretty sick.

Shimrra Jamaane is a complete and total bad-ass, and the Vong Slayers are awesome.

ares834
The Biotech. It's stupid and it seems much of the hate stems from that. They are also weird, edgy, and have a strange self-mutilation fetish.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ares834
The Biotech. It's stupid and it seems much of the hate stems from that. They are also weird, edgy, and have a strange self-mutilation fetish.

So...Biotech is bad? I don't really see it getting hate elsewhere. Plus there is also Biotechnology that isn't Vong related. Or is it because it's more prevalent and crazy?

I can get the distaste for weird and edgy though.

Total Warrior

ares834
Originally posted by Zenwolf
So...Biotech is bad? I don't really see it getting hate elsewhere. Plus there is also Biotechnology that isn't Vong related. Or is it because it's more prevalent and crazy?

I can get the distaste for weird and edgy though.

Biotech can be fine. The problem, IMO, is the Vong rely solely on Biotech. So, yes, it's because of the ridiculousness and prevalence of it.

victreebelvictr
1. They look slightly horrifying to normal people.
2. They are known to be aggressive.
3. After both of these things, they also have powerful biotech.

BazookaMaster
+++ of Vong:
- Final, something new than Empire vs. Rebels/Republic, Jedi vs. Sith
- Great unification of galaxy
- Total apocalypse, the final era of everything
- Shows that Star Wars universe is infinite
- Epic culture of Vongs
- Good stories

--- of Vong:
- retarded Force stuff
- Zonama Sekot is over the top

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by BazookaMaster

- retarded Force stuff

You are obviously a troll at this point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.