Exodus vs Blue Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
Who wins?

Pillow Biter
Blue Marvel

StiltmanFTW
Exodus.

Versatile as f*ck... he had a monster showing in X-Men Legacy and was known as a solid team wrecker before that.

Blue Marvel still needs to work hard to earn readers' respect.

carver9
Exodus

Pillow Biter
Didn't Mags beat Exodus?

StiltmanFTW
When?

Magneto has one of the best psionic defenses in the whole Marvel Universe and different powerset from BM's, so I'm not sure why you're bringing it up.

Putinbot1
Incredibly good matchup, Blue Marvel has his antimatter team wrecking ability and Exodus is a bonafide team wrecker. I lean towards Exodus but it's close, very close.

zopzop
Exodus but ONLY via TP. Classic Blue Marvel is stronger/faster/more durable/etc... Current Blue Marvel is fail and doesn't exist in my mind.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by zopzop
Exodus but ONLY via TP. Classic Blue Marvel is stronger/faster/more durable/etc... Current Blue Marvel is fail and doesn't exist in my mind. Pretty much exactly as I see it.

StiltmanFTW
Exodus but ONLY via TP. Classic Blue Marvel is stronger/faster/more durable/etc... Current Blue Marvel is fail and doesn't exist in my mind.

1. That's being ignorant as ****, my friend. Sure, TP is his greatest weapon, but Exodus makes an excellent use of his other powers - teleportation, teke, shields... even with Rachel blocking his mental abilities and Rogue weakening him, Kid Gladiator powerset was still not enough to handle him.

2. There is no such thing as "Classic" BM - he was forced down readers' throats like Sentry, with plenty of hyperbole bullshit statements. Take all of his appearances or none of them.

Anyway, Current BM still has one-shotted the Ultimate Hulk, so...

And afaik, Ult Hulk has actually fought quite evenly with Doc f*cking Green.

Pillow Biter
I think BM is settling into Elite Top Tier class alongside Gladiator, Surfer, Thor, etc.

So he's still big time. And power set matchups don't always matter that much. So I think if Exodus is below Mags (which one showing wouldn't necessarily prove, though) then he's likely below BM.

StiltmanFTW
This forum is against ABC logic in general.

But if there's one example in which it *really* shouldn't be used, it's that BM > Magneto > Exodus thing stick out tongue

Again, Magneto is tailor-made to handle telepaths... and has a vast array of abilities, most of which BM can't replicate.

Pillow Biter
ABC logic is usually great for comics IMO. But sometimes TP is a power that end runs defenses, making ABC logic less useful. Still, on the whole, the comics don't let TPs run wild and defeat everyone.

Genii96
Exodus didn't really fight mags seriously tho,even calling him 'my Lord' several times,he wins this match imo,BTW, what's wrong with current BM? Has he gotten low showings?cuz I keep hearing of his shitty he is

Stoic

Hmmm. What are you talking about Zop? What was the poor showing that you seem to continue to bring up? The Blue Marvel that I've read about wrecks house with Exodus' face.

leonidas
was wondering the same thing. when did bm turn into a chump, or is this another classic case of a hero/villain suffering from zoppression...?

carver9
I thought something was going on with the Ultimate Hulk, the one that Blue marvel fought. Something was screwing with the Ultimates mind.

MaZeRaIII
Exodus.

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
Hmmm. What are you talking about Zop? What was the poor showing that you seem to continue to bring up? The Blue Marvel that I've read about wrecks house with Exodus' face. Originally posted by leonidas
was wondering the same thing. when did bm turn into a chump, or is this another classic case of a hero/villain suffering from zoppression...?
He's not the brawler he used to be. They are emphasizing his leadership and teamwork skills now.

celeyhyga17
He was never a brawler.

riv6672
Blue Marvel.
The TP isnt going to bridge the strength/speed gap BM enjoys here.
Good thread.

zopzop
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
He was never a brawler.
Check his original series. He was Marvel's Black Super Man.

Stoic
He's not the brawler he used to be. They are emphasizing his leadership and teamwork skills now.

Zop, that really isn't a good enough reason to dismiss his past performances. It's kind of funny how BM has yet to have a low showing, any yet he's compared to Kid Gladiator, who was unable to even budge Thor's arm while arm wrestling. But he has to work hard in order to get the readers respect, while wft has Exodus really done that was far superior? Not a damn thing.

And Carver he legitimately knocked Ult. Hulk the f*ck out, No excuses.

Genii96
Exodus wins this aslong as he combines his abilities,if he tries to use just one at a time,this match isn't gonna favour him

deathslash
Check his original series. He was Marvel's Black Super Man. .....there was always a significant amount of emphasis on his intelligence. Did he fight people, yes. Was fighting his first resort? No. He's always been a black Reed Richards with Superman's powers.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
Didn't Mags beat Exodus? And?

leonidas
Originally posted by deathslash
.....there was always a significant amount of emphasis on his intelligence. Did he fight people, yes. Was fighting his first resort? No. He's always been a black Reed Richards with Superman's powers.

thumb up

@phil: laughing out loud

Stoic
Yeah Adam rushes in and kicks his ass. Period.

StiltmanFTW
Exodus teleports and easily avoids the ass-kicking... then turns Adam's mind off.

Philosophía
Exodus.

Wonder Man
Exodus. Telekinesis is destruction proof.

Stoic
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Exodus teleports and easily avoids the ass-kicking... then turns Adam's mind off.

If this were to happen, sure. If not BM is capable of a one shot.

Classic NES
Monsieur Du Paris wins.

Booya_69

Stoic
He may be able to bubble Exodus up. Not sure if it would shield him from TP assault, but it may. If that works his chances of winning dramatically skyrocket.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.