Blue Marvel vs. Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/yc83t5nr

vs.

https://tinyurl.com/ybc2ow6k

MaZeRaIII
Magneto is literally the walking weakness of Blue Marvel, his kryptonite, we can call it that way.

BM's powers would be useless, since his anti-matter powers would be easily contained by EM Fields, just like we do it in real world.

Pillow Biter
BM solidly. I think Mags is a notch down from truly elite top tiers like BM, Surfer, Thor, Gladiator, etc.

Stoic
Adam wrecks

MaZeRaIII
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
BM solidly. I think Mags is a notch down from truly elite top tiers like BM, Surfer, Thor, Gladiator, etc.

True top-tier? Blue Marvel is powerful, but he is not close to Thor and Surfer, let's get real here.

But anyways tell me how is BM is gonna overcome his kyrptonite, - electromagnetic fields, anyone with basic Science 101 will tell you that electromagnetic fields easily contain anti-matter that's a hard undisputable fact, BM can't overcome his fundamental weakness, no matter how hard he tries, this factor alone gives Magneto solid 10/10 win.

What makes Magneto deadly is not his raw power, but his application of his magnetic powers using his brains, it's irrelevant if BM is more powerful than Mags or not, because of that factor.

And because of that Magneto has vast variety of powers, how is BM gonna overcome...
1. Magneto sending EM wave to his brain, ultimately shutting down his brain.
2. Using Iron in his blood to kill him
3. or take control of his body and mind,
4. or make so that he can't access his own powers.
5. Shut down/fry his nervous system.
and etc...

Magneto has too many 1 shot type skills for BM to actually be a winner here.

Plus BM won't be able to breach Magneto's shields which has withstood....
1. Galactus.
2. Phoenix Force.
3. Thor/She Hulk at the same time.
4. Hercules.
5. Ghost Rider.
6. Infinity Gem energy boosted Selene.
and etc...

Pillow Biter
We look at comics differently. You are trying to imagine how fights SHOULD go down realistically. I look at how they are likely to happen at the levels of realism typically shown in comics.

Stoic
Originally posted by MaZeRaIII
True top-tier? Blue Marvel is powerful, but he is not close to Thor and Surfer, let's get real here.

But anyways tell me how is BM is gonna overcome his kyrptonite, - electromagnetic fields, anyone with basic Science 101 will tell you that electromagnetic fields easily contain anti-matter that's a hard undisputable fact, BM can't overcome his fundamental weakness, no matter how hard he tries, this factor alone gives Magneto solid 10/10 win.

What makes Magneto deadly is not his raw power, but his application of his magnetic powers using his brains, it's irrelevant if BM is more powerful than Mags or not, because of that factor.

And because of that Magneto has vast variety of powers, how is BM gonna overcome...
1. Magneto sending EM wave to his brain, ultimately shutting down his brain.
2. Using Iron in his blood to kill him
3. or take control of his body and mind,
4. or make so that he can't access his own powers.
5. Shut down/fry his nervous system.
and etc...

Magneto has too many 1 shot type skills for BM to actually be a winner here.

Plus BM won't be able to breach Magneto's shields which has withstood....
1. Galactus.
2. Phoenix Force.
3. Thor/She Hulk at the same time.
4. Hercules.
5. Ghost Rider.
6. Infinity Gem energy boosted Selene.
and etc...

Adam's power comes from within. How is he going to cut him off from his power?

I'd love to see how well Thor would do against Pagan. Oh yeah I already know. How about the team that Adam stood up to while trying to reason with them? How is he not an elite top tier again? He provided the power to contain the ghost of the Shaper of Worlds, who went on to fight beside Galactus to turn the tide against the Dark Celestials.

How again is he not an elite top tier when he one shot Ultimate Hulk?

He effortlessly flew an asteroid the size of a state away, which would have killed most of the life on the planet if it had impacted.

What in the world are you talking about? How about we take a look at Magneto before making all of these snap judgment calls?

Magneto stalemated against Sebastian Shaw, and this was before the major nerf took place. His fields are so powerful that Havok nearly killed him recently.

MaZeRaIII
Both of these characters' abilities are based on SCIENTIFIC PHENOMENONS which were studied and we know what capabilities those aspects possess, we can't just blatanty start ignoring realistic aspect of fundamentality of their powers, if we do so, might as well ignore their entire powerset and have one normal person fight another normal person.

That's the problem with these type of characters, when having one science based powerset fighting another science based character, we must take into account how their phenomenons interact in real-world statistics.

And since we are talking about comics, then let's not forget there are plenty examples of science based characters' powers being used in realistic way....

1. Doctor Polaris vs Superman - Master of Magnetism vs a man powered electromagnetic radiation, Polaris totally drained him.
2. Dr. Light vs Green Lantern - Master of Photons vs a man with ring which creates photon based constructs, i think i don't need to explain what happened.
3. Hulk vs Havok - Gamma radiation vs Man with cosmic radiation absorption.
and etc...

So, yeah, overall realistic aspect of SCIENCE based powersets is not ignored in comics as well, and neither are we gonna ignore it as well, - Electromagnetic Field in and off itself acts a good anti-matter bending and manipulating notion, it's as simple as that.

Pillow Biter
Comics have many exceptions, but on the whole, characters at the high end tend to match up based on raw power with some consideration given to skill and experience. While it is sometimes relevant, on the whole, realistic power set vs. power set calculations are not often made by writers.

If you try to be realistic, where do you stop? We don't have enough consistent data at a sufficiently high resolution to fully realistically determine battle outcomes. So your realistic approach just ups the level of realism beyond typical levels to some arbitrary level where you choose, since we can't go all the way.

MaZeRaIII
Originally posted by Stoic
Adam's power comes from within. How is he going to cut him off from his power?

The same way Magneto drained Phoenix Force Jean, just put a electro-magnetic field around him and shape it and be done with it.

I'd love to see how well Thor would do against Pagan. Oh yeah I already know. So just because Pagan was jobbed, it makes Blue Marvel powerful? Yeah, remind me who was stalemated by Hyperion, again? Oh wait, it was Blue Marvel, the same Hyperion who is weaker than both Hulk and Thor, and was struggling against Namor.

How about the team that Adam stood up to while trying to reason with them? You mean team mostly consisting of fodder, yeah beating up mid-tiers like Iron Man, Ares and Wonder Man is totally an awesome feat, it's not as if they are bunch of fodder whom Hulk with ease can one-shot while ignoring all of their attacks, meanwhile Adam still struggles.

As for Sentry, anti-matter messes with his power, and yet he still whooped Adam's arse.

How is he not an elite top tier again? He provided the power to contain the ghost of the Shaper of Worlds, who went on to fight beside Galactus to turn the tide against the Dark Celestials.

It was GHOST of the Shaper, not the real deal, it's like contraining a mere fraction of a cosmic cube, Iron Man's armor in whole Hydra Cap story arc did the same with Hydra Cap containing a fraction of cube in his armor. Also Shaper didn't fight Dark Celestials, he was merely observing.

How again is he not an elite top tier when he one shot Ultimate Hulk? Maybe, because Ultimate Hulk is not the same deal as 616 Hulk, nor has impressive feats overall, meanwhile Magneto has actually one-shotted a team of consisting 616 Hulk, Doctor Strange, Valkyrie and etc... not saying Magneto is top-tier just saying he has better Hulk feats.

He effortlessly flew an asteroid the size of a state away, which would have killed most of the life on the planet if it had impacted. Undisputably impressive feat, but not top-tier level, when you have characters who can lift planets and moons.

What in the world are you talking about? How about we take a look at Magneto before making all of these snap judgment calls? I never said Magneto is top-tier, i said what makes Mags OP is his brains in using his powers rather than raw might.

Magneto stalemated against Sebastian Shaw, and this was before the major nerf took place. I don't know which version of their fight you are talking about, if X-Men Blue, it was nerfed Mags and boosted Shaw, if the one in old comics, it was good guy version of Mags, who was massively holding back and still won.

Also Shaw is ENERGY ABSORBER, any of form of energy is automatically absorbed by him, even Hercules got his ass kicked by Shaw, because not even magical energies were effective.

His fields are so powerful that Havok nearly killed him recently.

I like how you forget to mention context, it was amped Havok, and weakened era Magneto, plus it was stated that HEAT DISRUPTED MAGNETIC FIELDS, he didn't break them technically, - basically writer played dumb and portrayed Magneto as Magnet Man, as in magnets lose their magnetism because of heat, and as we know magnets get magnetism via specific atomic calibration, which generate magnetic field, disrupt that atomic calibration (usually via heat), you disrupt field of magnets, but Magneto's powers don't work like that, he doesn't generate fields like magnets.

Meanwhile, any version of Havok, amped or not, always got his ass kicked by Poalris, Magneto's daughter with same powers but on lesser level.

Stoic
^ Not to mention that BM has shields of his own, and has great versatility.

MaZeRaIII
Comics have many exceptions, but on the whole, characters at the high end tend to match up based on raw power with some consideration given to skill and experience.

Not really, when you have basic science based power set type characters fighting and one exploiting other's weakness via scientific means, it's irrelevant how much skill, power or experience he has, fundamental weakness is still fundamental weakness, it's like Superman vs Kryptonite, he is powerful, experienced and somewhat skilled, doesn't change the fact that Kryptonite isotopes heavilly affect him every time.

While it is sometimes relevant, on the whole, realistic power set vs. power set calculations are not often made by writers.

I agree when it comes to complex powerset you have a point, but we are dealing with basic Science 101, with nothing complex whatsoever, we are dealing with mere basics, who anyone who actually finished school or has read some info in wikipedia knows how it works on basic levels.

Calculations are not necessary, i never said we have to go that deep, stick to basics, just like writers tend to.

If you try to be realistic, where do you stop? We don't have enough consistent data at a sufficiently high resolution to fully realistically determine battle outcomes.

Personally, i stop at BASICS, even the examples i provided utilize basic applications of those science based powersets phenomenons.

And when it comes to anti-matter/EM Fields, it's as basic as it can get, we can't ignore the nature of their powers.

So your realistic approach just ups the level of realism beyond typical levels to some arbitrary level where you choose, since we can't go all the way.

You are misunderstanding me here, i never said we must apply full realism, though it is probably my bad for not specifying, but notions i try to provide is stickin with BASIC levels of Science realism, which is consistent in comics, thus very applieable in our battle threads.

MaZeRaIII
^ Not to mention that BM has shields of his own, and has great versatility.

Shields made of Anti-Matter, which is highly affectable and easily manipulatable with Electromagnetic Fields - Science 101.

Yeah, shields can be great as much as he wants, just like Superman can be as invulnerable as he wants, but bring Kryptonite around him and that invulnerability shtick of his would be useless, and that's essentially what will happen with magnetic fields and anti-matter.

True he has great versatility, he can negate healing factors, create energy constructs, boost other characters powers, but most of his versatility is not applieable to Magneto, since Mags doesn't rely on powers that BM's versatility counters.

Pillow Biter
I respect that you aren't aiming for full realism. And your science 101 approach for power set matchups is sometimes taken into account by writers, but on the whole, I still feel it's typically a step too far.

Now, Magneto vs. Photon/Spectrum (or whatever her name is these days) might be more interesting in this respect. It can be harder for writers to ignore when two characters have exactly the same energy type.

Stoic
The same way Magneto drained Phoenix Force Jean, just put a electro-magnetic field around him and shape it and be done with it.

So just because Pagan was jobbed, it makes Blue Marvel powerful? Yeah, remind me who was stalemated by Hyperion, again? Oh wait, it was Blue Marvel, the same Hyperion who is weaker than both Hulk and Thor, and was struggling against Namor.

You mean team mostly consisting of fodder, yeah beating up mid-tiers like Iron Man, Ares and Wonder Man is totally an awesome feat, it's not as if they are bunch of fodder whom Hulk with ease can one-shot while ignoring all of their attacks, meanwhile Adam still struggles.

As for Sentry, anti-matter messes with his power, and yet he still whooped Adam's arse.

It was GHOST of the Shaper, not the real deal, it's like contraining a mere fraction of a cosmic cube, Iron Man's armor in whole Hydra Cap story arc did the same with Hydra Cap containing a fraction of cube in his armor. Also Shaper didn't fight Dark Celestials, he was merely observing.

Maybe, because Ultimate Hulk is not the same deal as 616 Hulk, nor has impressive feats overall, meanwhile Magneto has actually one-shotted a team of consisting 616 Hulk, Doctor Strange, Valkyrie and etc... not saying Magneto is top-tier just saying he has better Hulk feats.

Undisputably impressive feat, but not top-tier level, when you have characters who can lift planets and moons.

I never said Magneto is top-tier, i said what makes Mags OP is his brains in using his powers rather than raw might.

I don't know which version of their fight you are talking about, if X-Men Blue, it was nerfed Mags and boosted Shaw, if the one in old comics, it was good guy version of Mags, who was massively holding back and still won.

Also Shaw is ENERGY ABSORBER, any of form of energy is automatically absorbed by him, even Hercules got his ass kicked by Shaw, because not even magical energies were effective.

I like how you forget to mention context, it was amped Havok, and weakened era Magneto, plus it was stated that HEAT DISRUPTED MAGNETIC FIELDS, he didn't break them technically, - basically writer played dumb and portrayed Magneto as Magnet Man, as in magnets lose their magnetism because of heat, and as we know magnets get magnetism via specific atomic calibration, which generate magnetic field, disrupt that atomic calibration (usually via heat), you disrupt field of magnets, but Magneto's powers don't work like that, he doesn't generate fields like magnets.

Meanwhile, any version of Havok, amped or not, always got his ass kicked by Poalris, Magneto's daughter with same powers but on lesser level.

And you've forgotten that BM has shields of his own, but still attempt to make it seem as if he'd be cut off from his power as if it were some external source like sunlight is to Superman.

No the fight that I'm talking about had them at full power years ago before the was ever an X-Men Blue, Red, Gold.

Adam Brashear is much smarter than Magneto. Come again? Or are you saying that BM is just a dumb brute that only uses brute force to win?

He moved it effortlessly which means that he wasn't straining to move it, which also means that he can move far more. So yeah he's elite top tier.

Ultimate Hulk was going at it with 616 Hulk. Come again?

That Ghost went on to fight against the Dark Celestials. No weak link there.

That team would have beaten Magneto easily.

Stoic
Basic science 101... LOL. Comic books are science fiction. Daredevil jumps off of a 5 story plus building, lands on his feet and instead of breaking his legs to the point of never being able to walk properly again, he doesn't even sprain an ankle. Wonder Woman takes a punch from Superman, which sends her speeding from the sun to the Earth but can be punctured by a bullet. Are we still going to claim that writers of science fiction are using real world science in the books that they write?

I'm not going to be rude Maz, so please excuse me if I discount your entire argument of using real world science in a forum that it does not belong in. Or, should I bring up all of the times that characters should have been crushed under the huge amounts of weight that they lifted? We can begin with Spiderman, or Batman if you'd like?

MaZeRaIII
And you've forgotten that BM has shields of his own, but still attempt to make it seem as if he'd be cut off from his power as if it were some external source like sunlight is to Superman.

It seems that i have to repeat myself, it doesn't technically matter whether he has shields or not, it is his source of power which makes the point here, as the interaction of anti-matter and EM Fields is not ending in favor of anti-matter.

He will not be cut of his power source though he can do it like he did to Phoenix Jean, rather what i am saying is that whatever Adam throws up will be easily manipulated/broken/molded by Magneto's mag fields like basically giving Magneto clay to do whatever he wants to with it, and that's pretty much the problem of anti-matter when encountering electromagnetism.

No the fight that I'm talking about had them at full power years ago before the was ever an X-Men Blue, Red, Gold.

I already asked to specify, and asked whether it was the Pre-2000, where Magneto technically won in that fight.

And do i need to remind you again that Shaw is energy absorber of all forms, even Hulk, Superman would lose against him, if they uses only brute kinetic force or their energy powers. Against such character you win with trickes, not with force, but i am doubting that you are grassping these notions here.

Adam Brashear is much smarter than Magneto.

Call me, when Adam creates technology that was stated by narration would impress even Reed Richards and other technological geniuses, call me when Adam with his superior brain can create artifical mutants with vast powers, dinosaurs and etc..., call me when he can create aritifical sattelitles full of high-end tech. Call me when Adam can create mind-controlling tech, power-amping tech and so on...

Yeah, he is so much smarter, that he doesn't feats remotely close to Mags' intellect.

Come again? Or are you saying that BM is just a dumb brute that only uses brute force to win?

Trying to put words into my mouth i see, i never said that he is dumb brute, all i said that Magneto is better at using his power than BM which is a hard fact, and given that BM mostly focuses using his power in classical brawling manner, it just makes the point even more even.

Not that it matters though, electromagnetic fields by their nature act as ultimate counter to anything related to anti-matter, doesn't take a genius to exploit that aspect of weak point.

He moved it effortlessly which means that he wasn't straining to move it, which also means that he can move far more. So yeah he's elite top tier. Yeah, he can move it as effortlessly as he can, still nowhere near lifting moons, planets, or even small continents. So no, he is not high-tier.

Ultimate Hulk was going at it with 616 Hulk. Come again? Yeah, not 616 Savage Hulk, but much weaker version of 616 Hulk, ie Doctor Green, don't forget to mention that.

That Ghost went on to fight against the Dark Celestials. No weak link there. Except, i already explained to you, he was not fighting Celestials, he was just observing and nothing more, sure he was there, but he played no role whatsoever in the outcome of the battle, thus lack of impressivnes in general.

Plus i already explained, why this feat doesn't make BM high-tier, in the same sense why similar feat doesn't make Iron Man esque armor high-tier, containing a fraction of cosmic cube doesn't automatically make you some uber high-tier.

That team would have beaten Magneto easily. Only in your dreams, buddy, only in your dreams.

Iron Man, as usually would get his armor controlled.
Wonder Man is literally made of pure electromagnetic enegy, Magneto would literally eat him.
Ares is irrelevant, he literally packs no power to even scracth Mags' shields, let alone break them.
She-Hulk already with help from Thor couldn't do jack against Magneto, and in Magneto: Dark Seduction, Mags with his powers took control of her body, so yeah another fodder for Magneto.

The only one importaint remaining Sentry, but then, he was weakened via massive amounts of anti-matter coming into Earth, thus vastly weakening him and messing with his powers, that's the only reason Adam actually stood a chance against him and still got rekt.

If Sentry is not weakened by anti-matter then Magneto loses rather obviously, if he is, Mags has chance to win by pulling every power trick he can muster, though he stands much better chance than BM, given his powerset.

MaZeRaIII
I respect that you aren't aiming for full realism. And your science 101 approach for power set matchups is sometimes taken into account by writers, but on the whole, I still feel it's typically a step too far.

Now, Magneto vs. Photon/Spectrum (or whatever her name is these days) might be more interesting in this respect. It can be harder for writers to ignore when two characters have exactly the same energy type.

Yeah, not aiming for full realism, merely on such aspects and knowledge that i know writers would know as well, given what basic educational system teaches people.

I don't think it's step too far, since i an not trying to complicate the matters, and only apply the most basic applications that everyone is informed with.

MaZeRaIII
Basic science 101... LOL. Comic books are science fiction. Daredevil jumps off of a 5 story plus building, lands on his feet and instead of breaking his legs to the point of never being able to walk properly again, he doesn't even sprain an ankle. Wonder Woman takes a punch from Superman, which sends her speeding from the sun to the Earth but can be punctured by a bullet. Are we still going to claim that writers of science fiction are using real world science in the books that they write?

It seems that you haven't read my posts properly, so i'll clarify once more, - Science 101 means BASIC level of application of science, as in it's most basic and easily graspable aspects.

What you are trying to narratate here is that Science 101 = Full blown Realism, which is not the case nor i ever implied usage of full science, merely the basics that everyone knows, get it? Got it? Good.

Also yes, writers to do use real world science in basic levels of it, - i already provided such examples Doctor Polaris vs Superman, Havok vs Hulk, Dr. Light vs Green Lantern and so on....

I'm not going to be rude Maz, so please excuse me if I discount your entire argument of using real world science in a forum that it does not belong in. Or, should I bring up all of the times that characters should have been crushed under the huge amounts of weight that they lifted? We can begin with Spiderman, or Batman if you'd like?

Again, your argumental side comes from your misunderstanding of my posts, i never said full realism, only most basic levels of it, read my posts properly, that would benefit both argumental sides.

Now back to useage of science, yeah, no full realism, i already specified that, all examples and arguments i provided in that regard merely imply useage of most basic level of science, that anyone knows, no complications, no math, just basic knowledge.

playa1258
Magneto

deathslash
Magneto gets wrecked.

MaZeRaIII
Originally posted by deathslash
Magneto gets wrecked. Yeah, he totally gets wrecked by the character who is essentially his kryptonite, given what we know how anti-matter reacts to electromagnetism.

Lol, anyways, even taking all of that into conerner, Mags still can...1
1. Shut down his brain via EM wave.
2. Shut down/fry his nervous system.
3. Kill him via bending iron in blood.
4. Take control of his body and mind via iron in blood.
5. Shut down control over his powers via iron in blood.
and etc...

Mags has too many 1 shot type attacks

deathslash
Yeah, he totally gets wrecked by the character who is essentially his kryptonite, given what we know how anti-matter reacts to electromagnetism.

Lol, anyways, even taking all of that into conerner, Mags still can...1
1. Shut down his brain via EM wave.
2. Shut down/fry his nervous system.
3. Kill him via bending iron in blood.
4. Take control of his body and mind via iron in blood.
5. Shut down control over his powers via iron in blood.
and etc...

Mags has too many 1 shot type attacks the way you said that, you make it sound like BM is Magneto's kryptonite. I guess getting punched in the face repeatedly is kind of his kryptonite so....

Show some scans of Magneto doing any of that to someone on Ble Marvel's level.

Also, is magneto doing this before or after he gets blitzed by the character that keeps up with Hyperion and Nova?

StiltmanFTW

Like Herc?

https://i.imgur.com/bCy0Xo9.jpg

Also, is magneto doing this before or after he gets blitzed by the character that keeps up with Hyperion and Nova?

C'mon, man. Even T-Bolts Juggs "kept up" with King Hype.

And Rhino with Nova, lol.

As for Magneto, he actually does have super-reflexes... which not only was stated on panel, but is also supported with feats... remember when he grabbed Northstar by his throat?

deathslash
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Like Herc?

As for Magneto, he actually does have super-reflexes... which not only was stated on panel, but is also supported with feats... remember when he grabbed Northstar by his throat? using magnetism to push Hercules through a roof is not impressive.

King Hyperion was stated to be depowered and BM has still kept up with normal Hyperion. Also, Thor himself doubts his chances of getting BM....

Using lowballing is not now nor will it ever be the way to determine who wins. Sorry stilt, but Abhi lied to you.

When did magneto do this?

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/y86nzo4o

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111128749/4929899-2462984420-pxt4f.png

StiltmanFTW
using magnetism to push Hercules through a roof is not impressive.

Worked on his very blood, which was what you asked for.

King Hyperion was stated to be depowered and BM has still kept up with normal Hyperion. Also, Thor himself doubts his chances of getting BM....

Depowered, how?

Using lowballing is not now nor will it ever be the way to determine who wins. Sorry stilt, but Abhi lied to you.

It's ridiculous to assume they operate at high combat speed all the time when there's so much evidence to the contrary.

Sin I AM
Current mags is weakened from old age and drug abuse

StiltmanFTW
Blue Marvel is weakened from not being a compelling character stick out tongue

deathslash
Blue Marvel is weakened from not being a compelling character stick out tongue you're weakened by wolverine having fire claws.

StiltmanFTW
Not weakened. Traumatized.

And yes, I saw the official preview art, I can no longer delude myself into thinking it was all red herring. It's really happening.

Out of all possible power-ups, they're giving him the ability to heat up his claws. Yes.

And despite of how damn near useless it should be (good for torture though, as shown in Kyle's and Yost's run), we can probably expect him slicing through adamantium next, because FOX. And FOX belongs to Disney now.

Kill me.

Stoic
@Maz. It's kind of funny that you low ball the team that Adam stood up against, state as if it was a matter of fact that carrying a state sized asteroid isn't much which we both know is bullshit, attempt to dictate what the writers would acknowledge while applying science to science fiction, make it seem as if Doc Green was weak, conveniently forget that Pagan wrecked the Avengers with Thor on it, only to be beaten by Blue Marvel, and there are plenty of other examples, but then won't use the same low balling tactics on Magneto, or at least acknowledge how well he did against a group of teenage X-Men. Oh but let's cast a blind eye on Ares, make it seem as if Wonder Man, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel and Sentry, were fodder characters. Even conveniently forget that Iron Man has armor that can resist Magneto's powers. But by all means, continue onward on the path of bullshit that you've conveniently paved.

Blue Marvel wins.

Stoic
Like Herc?

As for Magneto, he actually does have super-reflexes... which not only was stated on panel, but is also supported with feats... remember when he grabbed Northstar by his throat?

The Juggernaut had varying levels of power. Unless the Wrecking Crew in your opinion can beat King Hyperion? Cain was at the mercy of Cytorrak who actively trolled him during that period of time.

StiltmanFTW
@Maz. It's kind of funny that you low ball the team that Adam stood up against, state as if it was a matter of fact that carrying a state sized asteroid isn't much which we both know is bullshit, attempt to dictate what the writers would acknowledge while applying science to science fiction, make it seem as if Doc Green was weak, conveniently forget that Pagan wrecked the Avengers with Thor on it, only to be beaten by Blue Marvel, and there are plenty of other examples, but then won't use the same low balling tactics on Magneto, or at least acknowledge how well he did against a group of teenage X-Men. Oh but let's cast a blind eye on Ares, make it seem as if Wonder Man, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel and Sentry, were fodder characters. Even conveniently forget that Iron Man has armor that can resist Magneto's powers. But by all means, continue onward on the path of bullshit that you've conveniently paved.

Blue Marvel wins.

To be fair now, O5 X-Men are all after massive upgrades.

Despite that suit, Mags still had the upper hand till he decided to throw the fight.

StiltmanFTW
The Juggernaut had varying levels of power. Unless the Wrecking Crew in your opinion can beat King Hyperion? Cain was at the mercy of Cytorrak who actively trolled him during that period of time.

Yes, that's the whole thing. Cain had varying power levels, yes.

Just because WC was able to beat Excaliburnaut, doesn't mean they could do the same thing to Tboltsnaut. Can't see why you brought them up.

Stoic
To be fair now, O5 X-Men are all after massive upgrades.

Despite that suit, Mags still had the upper hand till he decided to throw the fight.

But he would have the rest of that team digging into his ass if we were to switch positions. Then he one shot Ultimate Hulk. There wasn't even a brief tussle, and Blue Marvel is still suspect of lacking feats that make him an elite top tier despite the shit that has affected top tiers? Call it what you will but that's bullshit from where I'm standing.

Yes, that's the whole thing. Cain had varying power levels, yes.

Just because WC was able to beat Excaliburnaut, doesn't mean they could do the same thing to Tboltsnaut. Can't see why you brought them up.

You brought him up as a means of measuring King Hyperion in what seemed to look like you were discounting for the fact that King Hyperion got the tar beaten out of him by Blue Marvel. Which is why I said that Juggernaut had varying levels of power when he faced off against King Hyperion. For all we know he could have been at or near his classic levels.

StiltmanFTW
Juggs - regardless of the incarnation - never had combat speed at the sufficient level to compete with Superman clones , that's what the entire point was. It flew over your head.

Adam is not speedblitzing anyone, least of all Magneto.

Stoic
Juggs - regardless of the incarnation - never had combat speed at the sufficient level to compete with Superman clones , that's what the entire point was. It flew over your head.

Adam is not speedblitzing anyone, least of all Magneto.

Don't attempt to switch this around Stilt. You brought up Cain as a means of making it seem as if King Hyperion was fighting Cain at low levels when we do not know how powerful Cain was at the time of that fight. We know that he couldn't have been as weak as he was when he fought the Wrecking Crew, or for that matter Rhino, or Sasquatch. So no, nothing flew over my head. And who said anything about Adam needing to speed blitz Magneto. The very idea that he took it to a team of Avengers that would beat the tar out of Magneto collectively should tell you who wins this, and to add insult to injury Pagan tore through a team that was arguably as powerful if not more so than the one that Adam attempted to persuade while they were attempting to KO him, only to defeat Pagan solo.

MaZeRaIII
the way you said that, you make it sound like BM is Magneto's kryptonite. I guess getting punched in the face repeatedly is kind of his kryptonite so....

Yeah, because Magneto is Blue Marvel's Kryptonite, - Anti-Matter can be easily manipulated and contained by electromagnetic fields, that's basic science for ya.

On Blue Marvel's level? I see you are one of those people who don't understand what HAX means, level is irrelevant, those abilities classify as HAX type, the character's durability is irrelevant when applying such power, and since Magneto messes with your insides, and your internal energy, it is more so than that.

But on average Magneto has affected.......

Jean Grey - Mind controlling her - https://i.imgur.com/qu4k6RI.jpg
Thor - https://imgur.com/a/z5w5VVa
She-Hulk - https://imgur.com/a/IVydTaT
Hercules - https://i.imgur.com/bCy0Xo9.jpg
Wonder Man - https://i.imgur.com/0dNSVPC.jpg
Bunch of Avengers - https://i.imgur.com/1z41EBc.jpg
Powered up Rogue - https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11127/111275309/5414789-mags+control+brain.jpg
X-Men - https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11127/111275309/6084918-magsxmen.jpg

Punch Magneto in the face? Yeah, good luck passing his force-field, Thor and She-Hulk combined couldn't, Hercules and Ghost Rider couldn't, and so many others couldn't, which include Phoenix, Galactus, Infinity Gem Energy Boosted Selene and etc..

So matching Hyperion, who literally has no FTL or Lightspeed feats, is somehow impressive? That makes BM as best hypersonic.

As for Nova, impressive, except if Nova was not even moving at the speed of light or speeds close to that.

Sure you can classify those as impressive feats, but Magneto has legit multiple lightspeed reaction feats, and electromagnetic senses, blitzing is not an option for BM.

MaZeRaIII
https://tinyurl.com/y86nzo4o

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111128749/4929899-2462984420-pxt4f.png

This instance was merely a telepathic vision that Jean gave to Mags, none of this was real, she simply tried to make a point that if they fought there would be unneccesary death and blood, which Mags would later regret.

MaZeRaIII

Blue Marvel wins.

Lowball the team consisting of Iron Man (fodder to high-tiers), Wonder Man (fodder to high-tiers, as if Immortal Hulk hasn't teached you that yet), She-Hulk (obviously another fodder), Ares (the guy who gets one-shotted even by parallel version of Sentry, which are weaker) and vastly weakened Sentry.

There is nothing to lowball about this team, most of them are plain fodder (except Sentry) and the only who mattered was Sentry, and he was in vastly weakened state.

You are still bringing up that asteroid feat, cool and all, but it's irrelevant, sure it's cool lifting feat (not high-tier level though), but it doesn't speak about how hard he can punch.

Again, you are ignoring the notions of which i provided in regards to science based characters, you are still trying to assume that i meant full blown realism, but i never meant that if you actually read my replies properly, rather than randomly skipping through, so you are constructing falsy misunderstood arguments here, my science based arguments are simple - Superman is solar powered creature thus someone with solar draining powers can drain him - basic science level understanding, Got it? I hope so, thus someone like BM will get defeated by Mags, given how Mag Fields and Anti-Matter interact, there is nothing complex going on there.

Yeah Doc Green is weak, compared to normal Hulk, impressive feat for Ult. Hulk, but nowhere close to the real deal.

Pagan? Sorry, but there is a neat thing called jobbing, i can show you Spidey wrecking Firelord, or Cap/Spidey besting Hulk, doesn't make those feats legit. This type of feat is simply inconsistent for Blue Marvel, someone who gets matched by Hyperion, the same Hyperon who had a hard time against Namor, a mid-tier.

So Blue Marvel doing good teen X-Men, cool sadly only Jean packs an actual fire-power of all of them, and she didn't even try to use that fire-power.

You are playing blind i see, i never said that Sentry was fodder, it seems that you blindly reply, rather than actually properly reading posts in order to understand the underlying narrative.

But yes Wonder Man, Ms. Marvel and Iron Man are fodder, especially Ms. Marvel who can't even make Hulk feel her punches.

Iron Man's armors magnetic resistance has been overcome time and time, again by Magneto, but yeah let's forget those times, but anywas here's the last time Iron Man and Mags fought, he easily took control of his armor, and that was DEPOWERED Magneto, and it was one of the best/OP Iron Man's armors. - https://imgur.com/a/OULXt17

Oh so instead of properly adressing arguments, you are now calling them bullshit, sorry just because you can't counter them properly doesn't make them any less valid.

Sure Blue Marvel wins, it's not as if he can't break Mag's shields or will get defeated by shutting down his brain, or frying his nervous system, or mind controlling him, or taking control over his body and so on... still no arguments from you answering how is BM gonna survive these attacks, especially when Mags can easily mess with anti-matter with magnetism.

MaZeRaIII
The very idea that he took it to a team of Avengers that would beat the tar out of Magneto collectively should tell you who wins this, and to add insult to injury Pagan tore through a team that was arguably as powerful if not more so than the one that Adam attempted to persuade while they were attempting to KO him, only to defeat Pagan solo.

Oh so we are comparing who took on better teams, then well Magneto took an entire team of Avengers and X-Men combined, much better than anything Adam can dream of.

Also you are stiil trying to pass it up as impressive, when most of the team is cannon fodder - Iron Man, Wonder Man, Ms. Marvel, Ares, - Hulk would one-shot this people. The only who was actually top-tier was Sentry, and he was int vastly weakened state and wrecked Adam.

As for Pagan, he got jobbed to Adam, the same way Firelord got jobbed to Spidey, the same way Hulk got jobbed to Spidey/Cap America, applying inconsistent feats is hardly relevant. Especially not when BM gets matched by the likes of Hyperion, who has hard times battling Namor of all people. I guess Namor and Hyperion can also beat Pagan, given how close they operate on BM's level, lol.

MaZeRaIII
But he would have the rest of that team digging into his ass if we were to switch positions. Sure, not gonna work though.

Then he one shot Ultimate Hulk. There wasn't even a brief tussle, and Blue Marvel is still suspect of lacking feats that make him an elite top tier despite the shit that has affected top tiers? Call it what you will but that's bullshit from where I'm standing.

Yeah because one-shotting Ultimate Hulk doesn't make one high-tier, noe when Ult. Hulk himself is on lower tiers, given his feats.

Impressive feats, but not top-tier, not matter how much we overrank them.

Philosophía
Magneto wins.

This instance was merely a telepathic vision that Jean gave to Mags, none of this was real, she simply tried to make a point that if they fought there would be unneccesary death and blood, which Mags would later regret. This is not true.

If you continue lying, in numerous threads, you will be reported for trolling.

MaZeRaIII

Philosophía
As usual, you are wrong here as well, there is no lying just because you can't accept simple facts or haven't read comics properly.

From X-Men V2 #113, Jean was messing with Magneto's head giving him visions since the moment he "killed" Dazzler, so the whole battle with X-Men was also under Jean's influence of telepathy.

https://imgur.com/a/clV9eRe

So overall, the only one lying here was YOU, but don't worry i don't report over such small things. You have two options here:
1). You admit you don't know how to read comics, and go in the corner with carver.
2). You keep on going, and you will be reported.

The only illusion Jean projected was that of Dazzler dying and changing places with Xavier. The scan itself, that you have a hard time reading, says at such.

Magneto actually encountered them, actuall stopped Northstar, and actually sent Paulie into space.

The rest of the fight was real. That's why Northstar is doing mouth-to-mouth to Paulie, after he rescued him from space:
http://www.armagideon-time.com/img/paulie/paulieF.jpg

You concede, or I will report you. It's as simple as that.

One Big Mob
Mouth to mouth was an illusion to get Magneto aroused and distracted.

Philosophía
This is literally crazy.

He's doing this in every thread. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he's Bazzie in Jesus mode.

One Big Mob
We're all bazie. Bazerall. One Big Baz. Bazosophia. It's just the rate of infection that is different. Sooner or later we all head back to the abyss we crawled out of.

Killer Bazie Forums is calling us all home on its death throes.

MaZeRaIII

Philosophía

leonidas
laughing out loud thumb up

that aside, i have a hard time seeing mags take a majority here. he def has the power set and experience, but it seems we'd need to look at many of his best feats if we're to give him a majority here. using his best he can def win some, but in general i think bm would be too much. bm also is FAR from stupid, and against someone like mags, i think fighting intelligently, and using brains to counter some of what he can do, would be a very bog asset to bm. be interesting to see how his anti-matter powers stacked up to mags em control though. mags has some pretty solid exotic energy manipulation feats, but would ant-matter fall outside his ability to affect? maybe. if he COULD control anti-matter, then of course he wins. again, for some reason i just don't really see it happening. at least enough to give him a majority here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.