MCU Thor vs. Ares

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
AOU Thor with Mjolnir

Who wins

The Spectre+
Ares Gives Thor A Taste Of His Lightning

Silent Master
Which does nothing, whereas we know that Ares can be killed by lightning.

KingD19
We also know Thor ia stronger than him.

ShadowFyre
This is spite after Infinity War. Thor stomps him and Steppenwolf simultaneously.

The Spectre+
just joking...ares runs to zeus for help

carthage

Silent Master
Thor still wins.

h1a8
Thor could possibly win.
I just want to point out how stupid how Ares died.
He absorbed a shitload of energy from lightning without any damage.
He then shot it at WW, who then shot the same energy right back to him.
Should've Ares been able to reabsorb it? How was he able to absorb it the first time?
Thor uses lightning and Ares should be able to absorb it.

Silent Master
Ares dies 10/10

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by h1a8
Thor could possibly win.
I just want to point out how stupid how Ares died.
He absorbed a shitload of energy from lightning without any damage.
He then shot it at WW, who then shot the same energy right back to him.
Should've Ares been able to reabsorb it? How was he able to absorb it the first time?
Thor uses lightning and Ares should be able to absorb it.

sorry dude but Thor stomps 1,000,0000,0000,0000 to 1

h1a8
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
sorry dude but Thor stomps 1,000,0000,0000,0000 to 1

How would Thor win?

Darth Thor
Same way Diana did.

Silent Master
How would Thor win?

As you obviosuly don't know this, Ares was killed by lightning and Thor can summon lightning. Now, don't go around spreading this information as it's highly classified, which explains why you didn't know it.

Silent Master

h1a8
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Same way Diana did.

That's possible.
I'm thinking Ares would know he's fighting the god of thunder and use different attacks.

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
As you obviosuly don't know this, Ares was killed by lightning and Thor can summon lightning. Now, don't go around spreading this information as it's highly classified, which explains why you didn't know it.

He was killed when his lightning was redirected back him (which was stupid). Has has feats of absorbing massive amounts of of lightning without any damage. You can't pick low over high here.

Silent Master
Ares has a feat of slowly absorbing lightning and then dying when sed lightning was fired back as a single quick blast. that means he has a limit on how much he can absorb at once and once that limit is reached, he dies rather quickly.

Darth Thor
That's possible.
I'm thinking Ares would know he's fighting the god of thunder and use different attacks.

What other attacks?

He doesnt have what it takes here.

HulkIsHulk
Lol, is H1saying that he didn't like the way Diana defeated Ares, so it shouldn't count?

h1a8
Ares has a feat of slowly absorbing lightning and then dying when sed lightning was fired back as a single quick blast. that means he has a limit on how much he can absorb at once and once that limit is reached, he dies rather quickly.

Let's say that's true. Then Thor would have to deliver lightning at that rate or higher.
Note: A lightning bolt has an average power of 10 billion watts. Ares absorbed lightning for about 10 seconds. That's 100 billion joules of energy.
WW shot the lightning back at him. The blast lasted about half as long (about 4 or 5 seconds). So we can say she delivered at least 20 billion watts of power at him.

Thor would most likely have to beat Ares with another type of attack (which is possible). Ares does have some control over metal and wind though. So that's tricky there.

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Lol, is H1saying that he didn't like the way Diana defeated Ares, so it shouldn't count?

It shouldn't as it contradicts his ability to absorb lightning.
Remember we can't pick low over high (lowballing).

Darth Thor
Let's say that's true. Then Thor would have to deliver lightning at that rate or higher.
Note: A lightning bolt has an average power of 10 billion watts. Ares absorbed lightning for about 10 seconds. That's 100 billion joules of energy.
WW shot the lightning back at him. The blast lasted about half as long (about 4 or 5 seconds). So we can say she delivered at least 20 billion watts of power at him.

Thor would most likely have to beat Ares with another type of attack (which is possible). Ares does have some control over metal and wind though. So that's tricky there.

Do you want to compare Thor and Ares Lightning feats?

It shouldn't as it contradicts his ability to absorb lightning.
Remember we can't pick low over high (lowballing).

You cant just disregard a feat that defeated and killed him lol

h1a8

You cant just disregard a feat that defeated and killed him lol

The only feats that matter are those that can prove that Thor's lightning power output is higher than normal lightning's (10 billion watts). Otherwise, we will assume both create normal lightning.

If disregard means to exclude from a character's ability or limitation in a forum fight then Of course I can, especially if the two showings contradict each other.

For example, That's like one showing has a character being bullet proof but another showing having them being susceptible to the same bullets. Which version is used for their forum representative? They can't both be bulletproof and not bulletproof at the same time in a forum.

Silent Master

Thor's lightning has far better feats. IOW, h1 will refuse to compare.

Darth Thor
The only feats that matter are those that can prove that Thor's lightning power output is higher than normal lightning's (10 billion watts). Otherwise, we will assume both create normal lightning.

If disregard means to exclude from a character's ability or limitation in a forum fight then Of course I can, especially if the two showings contradict each other.

For example, That's like one showing has a character being bullet proof but another showing having them being susceptible to the same bullets. Which version is used for their forum representative? They can't both be bulletproof and not bulletproof at the same time in a forum.

Its almost as if different Magical Lightning bolts have differing levels of power output.

Now do you want to compare damage output of Thor and Ares Lightning or do you concede the point?

h1a8
Its almost as if different Magical Lightning bolts have differing levels of power output.

Now do you want to compare damage output of Thor and Ares Lightning or do you concede the point?

I'm trying to be nice. I could be mean and argue that Thor's lightning is weaker than regular lightning. Regular lightning lasts for 0.00003 second and has 10 billion watts of power.

If you don't have any feats that shows Thor's lightning exceeding the power of 10 billion watts then it must be considered equal or lesser in power than regular lightning.

Ares drew his lightning from the sky (as Thor is sometimes shown to do). Therefore, it is assumed by the audience that his lightning has the same power as regular lightning.

Darth Thor
I'm trying to be nice. I could be mean and argue that Thor's lightning is weaker than regular lightning. Regular lightning lasts for 0.00003 second and has 10 billion watts of power.

If you don't have any feats that shows Thor's lightning exceeding the power of 10 billion watts then it must be considered equal or lesser in power than regular lightning.

Ares drew his lightning from the sky (as Thor is sometimes shown to do). Therefore, it is assumed by the audience that his lightning has the same power as regular lightning.

By all means go ahead and prove Thors Lightning as weaker than regular lightning which normal human beings have benn struck by and survived.

Are we ready to do a feat comparison yet between Thor and Ares Lightning?

Silent Master
I see h1 is trying to do his usual low-balling of Thor.

h1a8
By all means go ahead and prove Thors Lightning as weaker than regular lightning which normal human beings have benn struck by and survived.

Are we ready to do a feat comparison yet between Thor and Ares Lightning?

Normal lightning lasts for 0.00003 second. Thor's lightning lasts much longer. A 1 second blast by Thor is more than 30,000 times more energy than a regular lightning bolt. Are there any feats where Thor's lightning appears thousands of times more powerful than a single bolt of lightning? I don't think so.
Or if Thor's lightning lasted for a 0.00003 of a second (instead of multiple seconds) then is it possible a human can survive? I would say yes.

Damage from lightning depends on several factors :
Conductivity, being grounded to certain materials, heat conductivity, different types of lightning strikes, etc. People who survived lightning usually have permanent damage, especially to their neurological system.
People rarely ever get struck directly by lightning. It's mostly from the ground current or a jumping off something else current.

Silent Master
So, take Darth up on his offer and compare the feats for Thor's lightning to those of Ares.

ShadowFyre
How is comparing Ares lightning to Thor's even up for debate?

Silent Master
Because h1 is massively biased against Thor. take note of how he is doing everything he can to avoid directly comparing feats.

h1a8
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
How is comparing Ares lightning to Thor's even up for debate?

It's silly to compare. They are the same in substance.
That's like asking which water is more powerful? They are both made of water, duhh.
The difference in total energy is how long a bolt lasts.
Ares spent more than 10 seconds absorbing lightning.
Thor only spent that amount of time when he was attached to a building.

Silent Master
That's like asking which water is more powerful? They are both made of water, duhh.

Look at h1 do everything he can to avoid a direct comparison, it's because he knows that Darth would destroy him in a debate concering feats.

h1a8

Silent Master
Look at h1 do everything he can to avoid a direct comparison, it's because he knows that Darth would destroy him in a debate concering feats.

Khazra Reborn
The guy who was killed by lightning vs a walking lightning storm, gee that's a tough one.

h1a8
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
The guy who was killed by lightning vs a walking lightning storm, gee that's a tough one.
It is. Because the same guy absorbed more than 100 billion joules of electrical energy without any damage.

Silent Master
This is a thread about Thor vs. Ares and Darth has offered to compare feats. if you don't take him up on the offer everyone will take that as you admitting Thor's lightning is more powerful.

Inhuman
H1's argument is like saying that Scarface survived getting shot a bunch of bullets and still continued fighting so Scarface cant be beat by bullets, even though in the end he was defeated by bullets.

h1a8
This is a thread about Thor vs. Ares and Darth has offered to compare feats. if you don't take him up on the offer everyone will take that as you admitting Thor's lightning is more powerful.

You never addressed this below. You are just ignoring it, which is a fallacy.

Silent Master
Okay let's play, backup your claim that their lightning is exactly the same.

h1a8
Okay let's play, backup your claim that their lightning is exactly the same. They are both current! That backs up the claim.

The amount of current from each depends on how long each absorb (or shoot) it.

The rate is 33,333 regular lightning bolt's worth of energy per second.

Silent Master
Prove it.

Edit: you saying they're the same isn't proof.

h1a8
Prove it.

Edit: you saying they're the same isn't proof.

According to fiction : If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and there is no evidence that it is not a duck then it is a duck (by intention).

That's a common sense rule Silent. You should have known that.

Silent Master
As you have provided no proof that Thor and Ares lightning are exactly the same in power, your claim will now be given the weight it deserves, none.

h1a8
As you have provided no proof that Thor and Ares lightning are exactly the same in power, your claim will now be given the weight it deserves, none. I did. They are both current. They look like normal current, act normal like normal current, and there is no evidence that they are different than normal current then. Therefore, in the land of fiction, they are current.

Silent Master
I did. They are both current. They look like normal current, act normal like normal current, and there is no evidence that they are different than normal current then, in the land of fiction, they are current.

You just lied. that makes at least 3 times I've caught you lying in the last couple of days.

h1a8

Silent Master
This is how delusional you are, you think someone pointing out your lies makes them look dumb.

John Murdoch
Kratos already killed one, he'll kill the other in God of War 5.

Oops, wrong mythos. Anyways, Thor takes home the trophy.

FrothByte
According to H1, Mjolnir can absorb lightning. So Thor just absorbs Ares' lightning and kills him with it.

Darth Thor

h1a8
Originally posted by FrothByte
According to H1, Mjolnir can absorb lightning. So Thor just absorbs Ares' lightning and kills him with it.

You are late as hell. I posted that Ares wouldn't even use lightning against the god of thunder when the thread started. That tells me you only read select posts of mine. Thor would be highly resistant (if not immune) to lightning.

FrothByte
You are late as hell. I posted that Ares wouldn't even use lightning against the god of thunder when the thread started. That tells me you only read select posts of mine. Thor would be highly resistant (if not immune) to lightning.

Because you're somehow able to dictate how a combatant fights right? Yeah... you're so full of it.

h1a8
Because you're somehow able to dictate how a combatant fights right? Yeah... you're so full of it.

To a certain degree yes.

Silent Master
To a certain degree yes.

At least you admit to being ful of it.

h1a8
At least you admit to being ful of it.

How do you know which statement I replied to?

FrothByte
How do you know which statement I replied to?

Because it was the only statement applicable to you.

h1a8
Because it was the only statement applicable to you.

Correction. How do you if I replied to the statement or answered the question?

Darth Thor
Correction. How do you if I replied to the statement or answered the question?

The fact that you are trying to create riddles instead of giving straight answers is just you outright admitting that youre trolling.

h1a8
The fact that you are trying to create riddles instead of giving straight answers is just you outright admitting that youre trolling.

That's what Silent does. You didn't realize that?

Darth Thor
Except Silent doesnt consistently come out with ridiculous claims to lowball a character he doesnt like.

Have you seen him shit on Supermans speed since JL came out the way you have been consistently shitting on Thors insane Durability and Lightning/Power output feats since IW came out?

h1a8
Except Silent doesnt consistently come out with ridiculous claims to lowball a character he doesnt like.

Have you seen him shit on Supermans speed since JL came out the way you have been consistently shitting on Thors insane Durability and Lightning/Power output feats since IW came out?

Lol yes he does. He shat on Superman's speed by downplaying it since we don't see sonic booms.

He has MANY TIMES downplayed Superman and others feats (a lot in the comic vs forum) for years. I'm surprised you never noticed it.

Durability and Power output are relative terms. What durable to me might not be durable to another.

Silent Master
Lol yes he does. He shat on Superman's speed by downplaying it since we don't see sonic booms.

He has MANY TIMES downplayed Superman and others feats (a lot in the comic vs forum) for years. I'm surprised you never noticed it.

Durability and Power output are relative terms. What durable to me might not be durable to another.

You really are either stupid or a liar. My talk about the lack of Sonic booms was when I specifically stated I was applying your logic to the scene.

Darth Thor

Lol no.

Everyone agrees Thors new feats are insane, except for you. You clearly have an anti Thor/Marvel agenda.

ShadowFyre
Lol @relative. So to you, Thor's feats are meh?

Surtur
There is just a massive strength difference, I don't care if you make Ares immune to lightning for the fight. Wonder Woman herself has strength feats that do not compare to the likes of Thor.

Thor just beats Ares down.

Adam Grimes
Why is people arguing phucking lightning?

Thor bashes his head in, like he tried with Cap.

Surtur
Just a little attempted murder between friends.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Why is people arguing phucking lightning?

Because h1a8 was being annoying claiming theres nothing special about Thors Lightning attacks.

h1a8
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Lol @relative. So to you, Thor's feats are meh?

Yup, a durability feat I highly respect is aircraft bulletproof feats.
Thor does have a good feat or two though.

Silent Master

Mainly because you such at research and math.

h1a8
Mainly because you are good at research and math.

Silent Master
Mainly because you such at research and math.

Darth Thor

So you highly respect both IMs and Hulks durability. Just not Thors who has proven himself more durable than both... And even going by your lowballing can take the full heat and radiation of a star?

Lol Okay Troll.

Darkstorm Zero
So you highly respect both IMs and Hulks durability. Just not Thors who has proven himself more durable than both... And even going by your lowballing can take the full heat and radiation of a star?

Lol Okay Troll.
Ya know, I just realized something.... Wouldn't taking the full energy of a star being siphoned through him also include it's gravitational force? Since it's the star's gravitational pressure as much as it's heat and radiation that allows shaping of Uru-metal (You don't get stuff that dense outside of a star because of the incredible pressures within them is what makes them possible.) The densest material outside of a star that we know of is Osmium, and that doesn't hold a candle to the densities of inner star material because of this gravitational pressure, and that gravity is required to shape Uru Metal.

Uru Metal Osmium

HulkIsHulk
If h1 is really that desperate for Thor resisting bullets, there us him tanking Ultron's strafing fire with the Quinjet in AOU

Darth Thor
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
If h1 is really that desperate for Thor resisting bullets, there us him tanking Ultron's strafing fire with the Quinjet in AOU

Oh yeah completely forgot lol

https://youtu.be/u1LNLRw7d_c

At 0:25.

Silent Master
H1 will claim that there's no proof any of those bullets actually hit Thor, even though that's obviously the intent of the scene.

Proving once again he doesn't actually care about the intent of the people making the movie, just what he can claim is their intent when it fits his argument.

h1a8

Correct! And I do.

Note: you know what's crazy? Going by silent's logic of using visual speed for everything, those bullets (or whatever was shooting out) were moving slow as hell.

Darth Thor
those bullets (or whatever was shooting out)

LMAO

Silent Master
h1 just admitted to being a troll, took him long enough.

h1a8
h1 just shown my logic as using visual speed as definite proof of real speed is asinine.
I agree.

Silent Master
h1 just admitted to being a troll, took him long enough.

I agree.

h1a8
Silent says we should always use visual speed as true speed.
Yet those supposedly bullets were moving slow as shit.

Therefore, either his logic is phucked up or those supposedly bullets are slow as shit.

Silent Master

Therefore, either his logic is phucked up or those supposedly bullets are slow as shit.

Stop trolling.

Darth Thor

Because he doesnt just throw known facts, like bullet speed, out of the window.

Silent Master
You'll notice that h1 didn't provide a quote of me ever saying that. just more proof that h1 is both a liar and a troll.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.