SWTOR 5.10 Update Information

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66

DarthAnt66
The emphasis on "fan favorite characters" makes me think SWTOR's about to bring back everyone not explicitly killed off at this point.

victreebelvictr
When is it coming out?

DarthAnt66
"Fall 2018," so within the upcoming months.

victreebelvictr
Well then, I hope they give in more dialogue to those of Tulak Hord, I doubt they will, but a guy can hope right?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

One Big Mob
They should pull some time shenanigans and put Obi-Wan in the game

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by One Big Mob
They should pull some time shenanigans and put Obi-Wan in the game It is the Old Republic for a reason.

TenebrousWay
Just waiting for that Outlander scaling for Malgus. =)

Haschwalth
Hmmm If they still are thinking of Revan.
It's quite possible we will see him again. I assume as a spirit though.

NewGuy01
they've been trying to get away from revan since vanilla

Zenwolf
Originally posted by NewGuy01
they've been trying to get away from revan since vanilla

Didn't really seem like it.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Zenwolf
I have, but to say they have been since vanilla isn't really right since they brought him back. If they really wanted to get rid of him, that should have been it.

AncientPower
They were forced to because Revan fanboys were enraged by his death in the Foundry.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by AncientPower
They were forced to because Revan fanboys were enraged by his death in the Foundry.

That's not really an excuse, if they wanted him truly gone then it shouldn't have mattered.

Haschwalth
How many people here think that his death on the foundry was acceptable.

ares834

For good reason. That shit was awful. But somehow the expansion was even worse...

deathslash
Originally posted by Haschwalth
How many people here think that his death on the foundry was acceptable. It was perfectly fine tbh. Dying against the best bounty Hunter, imperial assassin, and two of the most powerful sith in the old republic whilst fighting on par with them was just fine.

ares834
Killing off the main character of the first game (and a major figure in the lore) in an irrelevant mid-level side mission =/= fine.

They needed to build up to it, like they did with Malgus.

NewGuy01
SWTOR =/= KOTOR. Having him in the game at all was clearly intended to just be a callback/easter egg; they didn't him to upstage their new characters (i.e Malgus). He ended up getting his own expansion later, but I don't think it was part of the plan at all, and it really seems like they shooed him away as quickly as possible once the expansion was over.

Haschwalth
I'm betting its Ood Bnar, as the legendary jedi Master.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Garbage expansion. Heavy spoilers.

Malgus survived. He’s currently working under Emperor Vowrawn (LMAO), who took over after Acina died. Acina is the one who put Malgus back together (expect Malgus to be much more machine than man now), and Malgus was subservient to her as well. If you do the Imperial storyline, Malgus aids you in killing Gnost Dural, if you do the Republic storyline Gnost Dural aids you in killing Darth Malora, a member of the Dark Council. Either way, Malgus survives and along with Vowrawn has some sort of plan to set into motion.

In terms of past beef, Malgus seems pretty chill towards the Outlander, and clearly respects his strength. It seems Malgus has been relegated to sub-Dark Council tier in terms of relevance, though. That said, he still (possibly) has the insane feat of surviving the fight in FE + the explosion of the space station that would have destroyed the Republic/Imperial Fleets.

Overall, though, pretty shitty stuff.

Vitiate
Wait what

TenebrousWay
G
A
R
B
A
G
E

I'm officially a sheevite.

TenebrousWay
Hey, wait. Wasn't Vowrawn the dude who was put on a Death Field by a random, failed apprentice and had his ass saved by the Wrath?

Vitiate
The guy is a loser, yeah

TenebrousWay
To be honest, after reading the mined data, it seems it's just an introductory chapter for more Malgus badassery.

There's enough dialogue pointing that Vowrawn and Acina "control" Malgus through some kind of subterfuge, especially the part where the Wrathlander is skeptical about someone like Malgus following them. I wouldn't discard that Malgus is going to be the final boss, with a proper history development this time.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

TenebrousWay
Even if he demonstrates just some kind of loose parity with the Outlander later I'm satisfied. I will not discard the possibility of him pulling some ace, however. smile

Azronger
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
I'm officially a sheevite.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11128/111282615/6302573-sheev+laughing.gif

Shall you commit your debating career to His Imperial Majesty? Will you bend the knee and vow to eradicate the infidels who would seek to defile and profane his unimpeachable splendifariousness?

Zenwolf
Makes no sense...but then never stopped BW before..

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Malgus more or less claims inferiority to the Outlander, though. I suspect Malgus and the Empress have something in store.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Malgus more or less claims inferiority to the Outlander, though. I suspect Malgus and the Empress have something in store.

The tone of their conversations is very interesting. Seems like Malgus is acting against his wishes. Let's see what happens next.

Also, Darth Jadus has been confirmed to be dead by Gnost Dural.

Vitiate
Originally posted by TenebrousWay

Also, Darth Jadus has been confirmed to be dead by Gnost Dural.

Noooooooooooooooooooo

Sinious
Originally posted by Vitiate
Noooooooooooooooooooo

Zenwolf
Well at least they stuck with something.

AncientPower
Malgus is subservient because Vowrawn/Acina is the Emperor/Empress. That still depends on your choice on Iokath. If you choose Republic she dies and Vowrawn becomes Emperor. If you choose Empire then Jace Malcom dies and she remains Empress.

Also Malgus being sub-Outlander isn't surprising. Following on the logic of the Hero stalemating him, then a far better Outlander getting wrecked by Arcann, before becoming stronger than everyone bar Tenebrae by the end of KOTET and being given the accolade of being the most powerful Force-user in the galaxy afterwards. Yeah, Outlander is the MVP now.

More importantly, Malgus just gets more and more powerful.

TenebrousWay
AP, In the dialogue scripts there's the implicit but rather obvious mention that Malgus is following Acina/Vowrawn due to some subterfuge they did, probably during the reconstruction, but it hasn't been disclosed yet. Later, even the Wrathlander literally wonder why someone like Malgus is following those chumps.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Well at least they stuck with something.

No, Jadus didn't die in the first place. sick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.