IMPORTANT: Raz is back

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Azronger
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=16689038#post16689038

Unoriginal
Well I'll be damned

dadudemon
Thanks.

I hope upon all things holy that he appoints another admin so we don't have to do all of the other crap we were talking about.

Surtur
Did he finally become a Psychonaut or no?

Impediment
I made several posts in the Moderator Lounge asking Raz for help.

Fix Captcha.

Promote -Pr- to global.

Maybe a few new local mods for certain sections to ban spammers and bots.

The power to unban certain members.

Any suggestions to give to me to pass on the Raz?

NemeBro
Make me admin.

ares834
Make someone active an admin.

Impediment
My biggest requests were to fix Captcha so new people can register and to give someone active admin powers.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Impediment
I made several posts in the Moderator Lounge asking Raz for help.

Fix Captcha.

Promote -Pr- to global.

Maybe a few new local mods for certain sections to ban spammers and bots.

The power to unban certain members.

Any suggestions to give to me to pass on the Raz? does he want to sell

BackFire
It seems captcha or whatever has been fixed, new posters are arriving. I'm sure several of which are TI.

Robtard
Tell Raz to Mod me, the GDF need cleaning. Spammers and whatnot

BackFire
I mentioned you in the mod lounge as a potential mod for the GDF. Also DDM.

Impediment

Unoriginal
Has Raz contacted anyone since his appearance?

Surtur
Why would you wanna get rid of spammers?

Nobody here can guarantee they will never need a fake passport to Argentina. NOBODY.

shiv
This Page: http://www.killermovies.com/

lets get this updated

The Quote Tool

Its Buggy. Example: Sometimes it just doesn't work. Sometimes it does.

Walshy for Mod - Walshy is a highly respected active user

Surtur for GDF Mod - I've seen him active at times many other users are inactive - he can help all of you with Spammers

Please do not alter the site layout or its customizable features

Please do add buttons:
Like / Dislike Buttons or Thumbs Up / Thumbs Down Buttons

One Big Mob
Need a new admin most of all so that they can fix things that Raz is too lazy to do. Mod people, fix forums, etc. You can't give Raz a huge list of things to do; it'll overwhelm him like a newborn baby. Admin first off.

Any of the current ACTIVE globals would do. Maybe even two co-admins in Bada and Imp. Then they can best figure out where to go from there. Best solution IMO.
Raz stays the boss. Bada and Imp have the power to do whatever they want outside banning Raz. Win win.

Or sell it... but then again, newborn baby syndrome.

dadudemon
Originally posted by shiv
Please do add buttons:
Like / Dislike Buttons or Thumbs Up / Thumbs Down Buttons

Unless it comes as part of a vBulletin feature set, "out of the box", in some future version, this is coding customization that may take too long to implement.

I looked and I don't see an option for it.

I see, perhaps, an option for like:

https://likebtn.com/en/vbulletin-like-button

I like your reputation idea. It would help new comers know which old timers will just troll you or mess around.

dadudemon
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Need a new admin most of all so that they can fix things that Raz is too lazy to do. Mod people, fix forums, etc. You can't give Raz a huge list of things to do; it'll overwhelm him like a newborn baby. Admin first off.

Any of the current ACTIVE globals would do. Maybe even two co-admins in Bada and Imp. Then they can best figure out where to go from there. Best solution IMO.
Raz stays the boss. Bada and Imp have the power to do whatever they want outside banning Raz. Win win.

Or sell it... but then again, newborn baby syndrome.

Great ideas. I'd say two other admins. You need continuity planning. We assume Raz will not be around. Then you need 2 other admins. Backfire, Bada, Imp...all good choices. Hell, just make them all admins.

When they want to configure/update, I'll lend a hand. We would want to duplicate the database that stores all the stuff...

Then create a dev environment. So we can test new features. We'd want dev to mirror current "prod" KMC as much as possible so that when we promote our changes, what we have in dev will mirror in prod. With no issues. We'd need to establish a way to rollback changes in case there is a run-away problem that happens a week or so after we submit an update to prod. (A tested Backout Plan).

Also, I'd want us to get this site hosted in a cloud solution. AWS, Azure, doesn't matter. But from what I know, this site is running off of some dude's server in Texas (that's what Peach told me, years ago). If that server crashes, this site goes down. From what I know, that has happened multiple times since 2002.

BackFire
No like/dislike buttons, please. Those features just create bullshit echo chambers of no value.

Surtur
I would legit abuse a position as a mod.

Make me a mod.

BackFire
I'd have no problem with you and robtard both being mods of the GDF, so you can both close/modify/remove shitty threads. You both being mods would also be amusing.

Surtur
Originally posted by BackFire
I'd have no problem with you and robtard both being mods of the GDF, so you can both close/modify/remove shitty threads. You both being mods would also be amusing.

xi_3v-FpKFg

Bashar Teg
idiots

BackFire
"I AM the moderation team."

BackFire
You wanna be a mod, too, pvs? Get it while the getting's good.

StiltmanFTW

Surtur
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
idiots

PaKjRMMU9HI

Surtur
Palpatines face looks like a buttcrack though. Why.

Robtard

Surt hasn't done the time, yet. Surt gets nothing and he'll like it. Besides, he's used to that smile

Bashar Teg
You wanna be a mod, too, pvs? Get it while the getting's good.

that would be funny. okay but only if you mod whirly too

Robtard
Whirly has defo done the time. He should be Admin, in all honesty

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
Surt hasn't done the time, yet. Surt gets nothing and he'll like it. Besides, he's used to that smile

That's like a dagger, a dagger to my heart.

Impediment
I want certain members that were banned to be welcomed back and/or unbanned.

NewGuy01
Moderators can't unban people here?

BackFire
We cannot.

Surtur
I want certain members that were banned to be welcomed back and/or unbanned.

Can you say who?

BackFire
Devil King!

BackFire
EmperorDMB would probably be a fine mod, too.

Surtur
Ohh him. That guy. Yeah.

*pretending to know who that is*

Bashar Teg
srsly tho you're all acting like desperate wh0res, and the thought of that will be what stings the most when raz vanishes again.

"brb gonna go buy a pack of cigarettes" -raz

BackFire
srsly tho you're all acting like desperate wh0res, and the thought of that will be what stings the most when raz vasishes again.

"brb gonna go buy a pack of cigarettes" -raz

laughing out loud

Surtur
Sometimes it takes years to buy cigarettes. You don't know.

shiv
Surter and Walshy Quick Recap

Surtur highly active content creator / poster in 3 forums

Walshy highly active in treating kmc community members with r e s p e c t

Surtur

Walshy highly active in treating kmc community members with r e s p e c t

Bro I ooze respect. How dare you.

You ever play that sega game "The Ooze" ?

shiv
No

I don't play video games

Surtur
Dude you live in Japan and don't play video games.

Whyyyy

shiv
uh... I read books right now I'm really into some 1920s 1930s titles

Impediment
I'd unban Rogue Jedi, but I doubt he wants to come back.

BackFire
Believe I told him that he was welcome back, he said he didn't want to.

NemeBro
I (this time unironically) nominate myself as a mod for the computer/video games discussion, video game versus, and video game respect thread (lol) boards, considering the current mods (Peach and GK) have been absent for years. Perhaps also all versus if we are actually getting another admin and we can properly make an all versus forum now.

Some might say nay, citing my history of flaming other posters. I have few responses to this, save the assurance that I would not engage in such overtly insulting behavior while a mod.

It is my destiny to mod the video game forums. Look into your heart. You know it to be true.

I would also be willing to take up more of Peach's burdens and shoulder the responsibility of the anime and anime versus forum.

Also make me co-admin. I would be a benevolent, but vindictive ruler. You will learn to love me, or die like animals opposing me.

walshy

Walshy highly active in treating kmc community members with r e s p e c t ty, if i become mod i'll create a position for you.

Did raz post anything in mod forum? he fixed the captcha so new people can join and approved some new username requests but looks as if he just vanished again without comment

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by NemeBro
I (this time unironically) nominate myself as a mod for the computer/video games discussion, video game versus, and video game respect thread (lol) boards, considering the current mods (Peach and GK) have been absent for years. Perhaps also all versus if we are actually getting another admin and we can properly make an all versus forum now.

Some might say nay, citing my history of flaming other posters. I have few responses to this, save the assurance that I would not engage in such overtly insulting behavior while a mod.

It is my destiny to mod the video game forums. Look into your heart. You know it to be true.

I would also be willing to take up more of Peach's burdens and shoulder the responsibility of the anime and anime versus forum.

Also make me co-admin. I would be a benevolent, but vindictive ruler. You will learn to love me, or die like animals opposing me.

i nominate you wh0re of the thread.

*edit* oh snap walshy with the upset win. sorry m8

Adam Grimes

Also make me co-admin. I would be a benevolent, but vindictive ruler. You will learn to love me, or die like animals opposing me. I want to be the mod of that section too.

You can keep the anime forum though, friend

BackFire
I mentioned Smas as a potential mod of the video game forum. Level headed guy. No idea if he's interested, though.

StiltmanFTW
Anything interesting happening in the mod forum? Is Raz more active there?

One Big Mob
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Anything interesting happening in the mod forum? Is Raz more active there? laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

You can't blame me for having hope :')

NemeBro
Anything interesting happening in the mod forum? Is Raz more active there? Probably not, no.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Badabing
Raz posted a new thread in the mod section. I let him know which mods are still active. I also requested a new global mod and a new mod for the CB, SW and Mang/Anime forums. I requested a new SW section for the new movies.

One Big Mob
You can't blame me for having hope :') Raz is probably laying in bed trying to lick butter chicken sauce off his chest as we speak. He doesn't have time to post on forums

NemeBro
I mentioned Smas as a potential mod of the video game forum. Level headed guy. No idea if he's interested, though. But Smasandian has poor taste in video games. He's a casul.

BackFire
You have poor taste in internet forums.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

S_W_LeGenD
Good for the forum. Right time to expand existing team.

Ridley_Prime

NemeBro
The people have spoken. NemeBro for games forum mod 2018!

Zenwolf
Really would like a consistent mod over in the SW section.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Really would like a consistent mod over in the SW section. You've always seemed to be one of the most stable and polite posters there. Why not you?

If not you, NewGuy seems a solid choice of the members there.

Don't know if either of you would be interested though. thumb up

The Ellimist
NewGuy has a pathological hatred for several of the forum's members, so prob not him lol

NemeBro
Originally posted by The Ellimist
NewGuy has a pathological hatred for several of the forum's members, so prob not him lol Fair enough, I concede to your superior familiarity with the board. thumb up

I've never seen him engage in more than light trolling toward Jman.

The Ellimist
I suppose mods have to be some intersection of:

1. Intelligent
2. Not hated
3. Objective
4. Knowledgable
5. Present

The fifth criteria honestly filters the most people out, and frankly of those that pass all five it's only really, uh, possibly Gideon depending on how strict you are with 5. And maybe Skillz. Might be forgetting someone.

Flyattractor
Well I guess 1 out of 5 aint bad....

NemeBro
Gideon shows up sparingly IIRC and I believe he's a fairly busy guy IRL so I didn't really think of him. Otherwise yeah he'd be a solid pick.

What of you my boy? Do not be modest. You're a smart chap, your willingness to criticize the liberal posters while being a liberal yourself (I'm assuming this is still the case?) as well as not being uncomfortable rubbing shoulders with more conservative posters implies at least an attempt to be objective. I can't speak to your SW knowledge, but you are here often enough. I can't speak on how controversial a figure you are.

Are you perhaps just not interested?

DarthSkywalker0
I think the best Star Wars mods would be: The_Tempest, Skillz, and begrudgingly Nova(willing to change my mind on this one though)

DarthSkywalker0
I think I should mod the GDF :>

Flyattractor
Gideon shows up sparingly IIRC and I believe he's a fairly busy guy IRL so I didn't really think of him. Otherwise yeah he'd be a solid pick.

What of you my boy? Do not be modest. You're a smart chap, your willingness to criticize the liberal posters while being a liberal yourself (I'm assuming this is still the case?) as well as not being uncomfortable rubbing shoulders with more conservative posters implies at least an attempt to be objective. I can't speak to your SW knowledge, but you are here often enough. I can't speak on how controversial a figure you are.

Are you perhaps just not interested?

I work for a living. That is what I do.

What Do You DO!?

One Big Mob
Raz ain't taking into consideration any of this.

We just need the admin change right now, and then they could figure things out from there. Raz knew this forum needed a backup admin years ago when he drove Ush insane. That seems like the most logical and probably easiest thing he could do too.

I fear the doe has been spooked though, and he's running back into the forest. Get ready for no more changes.

Zenwolf
You've always seemed to be one of the most stable and polite posters there. Why not you?

If not you, NewGuy seems a solid choice of the members there.

Don't know if either of you would be interested though. thumb up

I wouldn't mind doing it.

Flyattractor
I think we should have an even split in political factors in our mods.

Adam Grimes
But a conservative mod wouldn't want new mods.

Bentley
Give me power over the Artwork forums and the Book forums. I'll make you proud.

(Also the videogame forums if we can get a Pokemon and a Retrogaming section)

Impediment

Surtur

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
But a conservative mod wouldn't want new mods.

Is that Worse then The Leftist Mods not wanting New Posters and in fact wanting to Thin the Herd down to only a Proffered Circle Jerk Crew?

One Big Mob
Raz should honestly get rid of the limegreen option on font color. Red too. It would solve a lot of issues.
If he just did that before hibernating for 3 years again, I'd be pretty happy

Flyattractor
Raz should honestly get rid of the limegreen option on font color. Red too. It would solve a lot of issues.
If he just did that before hibernating for 3 years again, I'd be pretty happy

So you admit to being Racist then, cause You hate People of Color?

One Big Mob
I don't think it's ever been implied that I wasn't racist.

Flyattractor
No wonder you are in favor of Leftist Mod-tatership.

One Big Mob
You really blew that correlation. You should have renamed yourself Guyattractor when Raz was around.

Flyattractor
He has left again? Surprised He stayed as long as he did actually.

And I will change my name to "Guyattractro" right after You change your name to Ted Cruz FanBoy.

The Ellimist
@NemeBro - I was thinking more of the SW forums as the GDF does have at least two decently active mods. I would probably accept a mod position if offered. I also agree with DarthSkywalker0 that Nova (SunRazer) is a good choice, but he isn't very active.

Of course we can always name Surtur smile

dadudemon
Originally posted by Flyattractor
He has left again? Surprised He stayed as long as he did actually.

And I will change my name to "Guyattractro" right after You change your name to Ted Cruz FanBoy.

This color is an improvement.

Putinbot1

Just imagine eek!

Thank you Gentlemen, I have years of expertise pretending to be impartial whilst abusing limited power over others in the real world! I'm sure I could translate those skills virtually.

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock - Internet Catchphrases when they were a thing, Before things going viral, all the weirdo's signed in some way.

-AC

Flyattractor
Originally posted by dadudemon
This color is an improvement.

Just goes to prove what type of Mod-tatership we have at KMC.

Twitter and Facebook Approved.

smokin'

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Putinbot1

Thank you Gentlemen, I have years of expertise pretending to be impartial whilst abusing limited power over others in the real world! I'm sure I could translate those skills virtually.

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock - Internet Catchphrases when they were a thing, Before things going viral, all the weirdo's signed in some way.

-AC

As your "houseboy" can testify too.

laughing out loud

Putinbot1
If he just did that before hibernating for 3 years again, I'd be pretty happy thumb up This!

Flyattractor
Right Now I am almost willing to bet that the "RAZ' that came in here was really just a Sock.

StiltmanFTW
Right Now I am almost willing to bet that the "RAZ' that came in here was really just a Sock.

You still don't know what the sock means, do you?

Flyattractor
You still don't know what the sock means, do you?

You are a Crusty Knee High Sock. With only a hole for the Little Toe.

StiltmanFTW
You're such a waste of forum space.

Flyattractor
Message Boards are a Waste of Interweb Space.

SO You are a Part of the Waste.

But only a SHORT Pile of waste...

One Big Mob
Message Boards are a Waste of Interweb Space.

SO You are a Part of the Waste.

But only a SHORT Pile of waste... Isn't your name a play on shit though? I mean either that or a corpse. Both work in this case.

You're either a big pile of shit or you've been dead inside for a long time. You're at least 50 percent maggot at this point as well. So you're just a big old dead shitty maggot pile to go along with the other filth.

Eon Blue

Flyattractor
Isn't your name a play on shit though? I mean either that or a corpse. Both work in this case.

You're either a big pile of shit or you've been dead inside for a long time. You're at least 50 percent maggot at this point as well

There is also the Sugar and Vinegar Phrase as well.

Which do YOU Like More?

One Big Mob
There is also the Sugar and Vinegar Phrase as well.

Which do YOU Like More? Shit and death undoubtedly works better in your case. You just breathe your shitty breath and the flies come.

The only thing sweet about you happened when the sugar rotted your teeth out.

Flyattractor
I have no prob with that and will just await to see what the next color change will be!

Impediment
I guess Raz disappeared again.

Literally, the only thing that was fixed was Captcha so new users can register.

Darkstorm Zero
I guess Raz disappeared again.

Literally, the only thing that was fixed was Captcha so new users can register.

IOW he fixed the one thing that would prolong the life of this place just a little while longer. Not surprising he did the barest of bare minimums to protect his ad revenue.

StiltmanFTW
He also approved the username change requests.

Robtard
Pretty much, signed in, updated the eCaptcha, hit approved on the name-changes and bailed. Like I told Mitch, send in another name-change; in 2-3 years it will go through.

Adam Grimes
It must be pretty funny for him

Robtard
He just likes seeing the auto-deposits into his bank account from the add revenue

StiltmanFTW
Pretty much, signed in, updated the eCaptcha, hit approved on the name-changes and bailed. Like I told Mitch, send in another name-change; in 2-3 years it will go through.

He also posted twice, right?

Once in the News & Questions section and apparently made a thread in the mod forum - but most of us can't venture there.

Eternal Idol
He just likes seeing the auto-deposits into his bank account from the add revenue
Don't the ads have to be clicked on to generate revenue? If so, then Raz is only ****ing himself by allowing the forum to remain in a state of stagnation or decay.

Robtard
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Don't the ads have to be clicked on to generate revenue? If so, then Raz is only ****ing himself by allowing the forum to remain in a state of stagnation or decay.

Not 100%sure , figured there would be some payment from just having them on and then extra for each click. But maybe he's not making money or much of anything and keeps it active for nostalgia or similar.

Eternal Idol
Not 100%sure , figured there would be some payment from just having them on and then extra for each click. But maybe he's not making money or much of anything and keeps it active for nostalgia or similar.
Yeah, maybe. It's odd though; if this site had any sentimental value to Raz, you'd think he'd be more active in posting and trying to preserve his legacy.

StiltmanFTW
Plenty of guests (non-registered guys) come to the site, perhaps they're the ones clicking on ads stick out tongue

Site gets googled quite often, from what I know. Digi used to brag about KMC getting a high number of google search results.

Maybe it's for the better that Raz doesn't update it; at least it doesn't force me to turn off my adblock.

Flyattractor
And most take a look at say Fuh Dis Place!

Adam Grimes
Plenty of guests (non-registered guys) come to the site, perhaps they're the ones clicking on ads stick out tongue

Site gets googled quite often, from what I know. Digi used to brag about KMC getting a high number of google search results.

Maybe it's for the better that Raz doesn't update it; at least it doesn't force me to turn off my adblock. It does. I googled Superboy Prime last week and two of my threads popped up in the first page. Lol.

And as other poster has already noted, if it was nostalgia or sentimentalism Raz wouldn't just troll us in the meanest way possible and just vanish while laughing/masturbating.

Putinbot1
And most take a look at say Fuh Dis Place! when they read your posts, almost certainly.

Flyattractor
And Darn Proud of it.

FamedGod
Well I'll be damned....

Flyattractor
More then likely.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Putinbot1
when they read your posts, almost certainly.

thumb up

Flyattractor
thumb up

Now that you have it out why not sit down and go for a spin.

Take a Whirl!!

eek!

Putinbot1
Now that you have it out why not sit down and go for a spin.

Take a Whirl!!

eek! dur

Adam Grimes
Yeah, that was kind of retarded

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Yeah, that was kind of retarded Most of his posts are Adam.

Flyattractor
Well if you two think so...that means you are both full of DerpDOODOO!!!!!!

walshy
Originally posted by Raz
Am in the process of sorting out any remaining issues! !!

Flyattractor
https://78.media.tumblr.com/fc1479521928ea479209fa4a06af122a/tumblr_mljdp9gvED1qe5ugfo1_500.gif

StiltmanFTW
Shut up, Fly.

Raz gave us new mods.

Impediment
Raz is still here and making changes.

We have new mods, Captcha is fixed, and name changes done.

Now we need to see if one of the globals can have semi-admin powers.

dadudemon
Raz is still here and making changes.

We have new mods, Captcha is fixed, and name changes done.

Now we need to see if one of the globals can have semi-admin powers.
Nice.

Yes, he needs to appoint a full admin.

One Big Mob
2 of them. The only limitations being that Raz is still the boss.

That way they could update the site and make forums and shit.

Darkstorm Zero
Dadude, Robtard, and myself as Globals. Dadude for activity, and myself because I've got experience in admin and moderation in large forums like this prior, even though KMC was one of my first forums post the MUGENDev days. And oh my god MUGENDev was a fugging nightmare in it's final year to try and control....

Flyattractor
Shut up, Fly.

Raz gave us new mods.

https://pics.me.me/meet-the-new-boss-same-as-the-old-boss-life-33017075.png

Also the Life of KMC'ers.

kevdude
Looks like LoB is spouting again about not being chosen as a mod in the comic forums lol. Nice job for the new mods tho!

Flyattractor
So do we the Great UnWashed get to know who our New Mod-Reich Members are or is it a SURPRISE!?

BackFire
So far it's just Pr as a new global and Galan007 as a mod of anime/manga/starwars stuff. I don't know if there will be more.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by kevdude
Looks like LoB is spouting again about not being chosen as a mod in the comic forums lol. Nice job for the new mods tho!

I WILL MAKE AN EXAMPLE OF YOU WHEN I ASCEND TO MODHOOD!!!

Ridley_Prime
Congrats @ Galan. That was well deserved. Same with Pr.

The video game forums still need an active mod, but still surprised there has been any progress here at all. If nothing more is done for now though, will take KMC having slow baby steps over well, nothing being updated.

StiltmanFTW
Galan007 as a mod of anime/manga/starwars stuff.

And the entire Comic forum.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
still surprised there has been any progress here at all.

Same here, to be honest.

And it looks like Raz is not done yet:

Originally posted by Raz
Am in the process of sorting out any remaining issues!

eventide slorg
unban jkbart too
and ils
and kurk

Impediment

StiltmanFTW
You guys are planning on lifting some bans or it's just a rumour?

Putinbot1
Imp , Bacfire was wondering if you could put me forward as a moderator... My fairness is forum renowned.

Adam Grimes

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>