Stupendous Wave's Opinion on Yoda VS Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheNuisanceBird
Anakin's ranking in the past several years has definitely gone up. However, not everyone is aware of Anakin's true power level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBws2W9ooDA

The video is about AOTC Anakin, but I still wonder what people here would think about their ROTS counterparts.

Thoughts on how ROTS Anakin VS ROTS Yoda would go?

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Anakin's ranking in the past several years has definitely gone up. However, not everyone is aware of Anakin's true power level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBws2W9ooDA

The video is about AOTC Anakin, but I still wonder what people here would think about their ROTS counterparts.

Thoughts on how ROTS Anakin VS ROTS Yoda would go? Yoda would just outsmart him. Intelligence has a lot to do with Star Wars battling believe it or not.

Forschbewithu
By rots, their skills with a blade are all but equal.

Yoda would use his wealth of experience to outsmart Anakin or force him to make a mistake.

I would love to see how the new canon Vader would fair against rots Yoda. Vader's mastery of the force has increased drastically and there is no proof of him losing a step with his lightsaber skills... yet.

He wouldn't make the same reckless mistakes Anakin would.

Lord Zed
As much as I love the Revenge of the Sith novel, it's not my first port of call when there are many exaggerations about how this guy fights. When we look at Anakin vs Dooku in the movie, it is not the kind of stomp Sidious gave Tinn, Kolar and fisto. And Yoda is at the very least, equal to that in sabers. I also don't see anything in the jedi temple sacking that Yoda couldn't accomplish, especially with an army behind him.

As it stands, Yoda had a stylistic edge. While the little green dude has probably fought many Djem so masters.

Darth Thor
Anakin is genius level battle strategist. Yoda wont outsmart him unless this is reckless Mustafa Anakin.

More likely he will eventually overpower Anakin with his superior Mastery of the Force.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Anakin is genius level battle strategist. Yoda wont outsmart him unless this is reckless Mustafa Anakin.

More likely he will eventually overpower Anakin with his superior Mastery of the Force. He was outsmarted by Ventress, Dooku, etc. No way he could take on the smartest Jedi to have ever lived. You think to highly of Anakin. You know, the kid that attacked the guy on the high ground.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
He was outsmarted by Ventress, Dooku, etc. No way he could take on the smartest Jedi to have ever lived. You think to highly of Anakin. You know, the kid that attacked the guy on the high ground.

Give me examples. Dont just throw out random names.

This is the only guy who defeated military genius Admiral Trench (with tech and Jedi skills, but also by outsmarting him). He also worked out how to defeat the Zillo Beast.

And ive already addressed the mustafa fight, but just so you know, in that instant he was outsmarted by the most cunning Master on the JediCouncil.

DarthPlaguis12

victreebelvictr
Give me examples. Dont just throw out random names.

This is the only guy who defeated military genius Admiral Trench (with tech and Jedi skills, but also by outsmarting him). He also worked out how to defeat the Zillo Beast.

And ive already addressed the mustafa fight, but just so you know, in that instant he was outsmarted by the most cunning Master on the JediCouncil.
1. Ventress was weaker than Anakin and Obi-Won combined, but she outsmarted them time and time again.
2. Dooku has done that multiple times to trap Anakin, the beginning of Revenge of the Sith for example.
3. Yes, he killed Trench. But he also just impaled him instead of capturing and interrogating him which was stupid. Trench also could have defused the bomb, but Anakin slaughtered him like he did to those poor children. Imagine all of the intel they could have caught if Anakin wasn't being an idiot.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
1. Ventress was weaker than Anakin and Obi-Won combined, but she outsmarted them time and time again.
2. Dooku has done that multiple times to trap Anakin, the beginning of Revenge of the Sith for example.
3. Yes, he killed Trench. But he also just impaled him instead of capturing and interrogating him which was stupid. Trench also could have defused the bomb, but Anakin slaughtered him like he did to those poor children. Imagine all of the intel they could have caught if Anakin wasn't being an idiot.

1) Thanks for giving zero actual examples for me to counter.

2) What do you mean? He had to save Palpatine didnt he? Obi-Wan and Anakin both KNEW it was a trap didnt they? Who ended up dead again though?

3) Dont be ridiculous. He deafted him when the rest of the Jedi thought attacking him was pointless and would have left Trenchs occupation of that planet carry on.

Lord Zed
It's amazing how after all these years Darth Thor still manages to be such crap.

Not just at wanking sw, but in general.

victreebelvictr
1) Thanks for giving zero actual examples for me to counter.

2) What do you mean? He had to save Palpatine didnt he? Obi-Wan and Anakin both KNEW it was a trap didnt they? Who ended up dead again though?

3) Dont be ridiculous. He deafted him when the rest of the Jedi thought attacking him was pointless and would have left Trenchs occupation of that planet carry on. Sorry man, my grandpa will get back to you after his surgery.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.