theory on the twins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Twin1.2
not sure if this has been brought up, but i'll say it anyway

i think that the twins are two people sharing one mind. They always seem to know exactly what the other one is doing, or wants to do. And they always refer to themselves as 'we', as though the two of them feel each others pain, and share in each others satisfaction

"we owe you for that.... good as new"

"we are getting aggrivated...yes, we are"

if you agree with this or have anything to add, post it here

Kes
The twins aren't people they are programs. Kinda like the agents.

Stovenutts
dude everyone refers to themselves as "we". like if i were to go to an ice cream man witha group o' friends i could say "we want some ice cream" and that doesnt mean that im sharing minds.

princess leia
i reckon they just know what each other at doing in the same way agents used to. you know, cos they are programs they have to know really.
but, i think the sharing minds is a cool idea.

Dexx
we will see them in revolutions. I thought this was even confirmated.

Raz
They will more than likely be in Revolutions, although the WB have not confirmed this officially.

Twin1.2
let me rephrase than,

think of it as two different sets of code(twin 1 and twin 2) running from one program

patman69za
The twins are ghosts, much like the vampires and werewolves that Neo fought in front of the Merovingian, nothing special - although they didn't last very long.

Skittles19
I think that they, like human twins, share a certain inexplicable bond... however I doubt they "share the same mind"

hayden's minx
They share a connection as phantoms, one mind; two bodies. Makes sense.

shinta
i
have read somewhere that they were ex-agents

shinta
they will be in the revolutions i saw the movie again today
and when their car explodes they becom gosths
look closely and you will see
they fly in the air and in the air tthe become spirits

nopy
nah the twins were barbequed by morpeous. they wont be back

Evil Dead
How do you kill a ghost? Wherewolves......silver bullets........Vampires, a stake through the heart....................ghosts though? I didn't see Neo performing an exorcism on them so I believe they will be back in Revolutions............especially since they are Merovengian's top henchmen and we already know he will be back in Revolutions.

SpikeSpiegel
You call the ghost busters to kill a ghost.

Magee
shinta is rite. I just watched that part and when it explodes u see them flying throught the air then go transparent (whatever its called) and that scene ends stick out tongue

steffie
what i wanna know is why didn't the twin phase into ghost form, when his arm was trapped and shot up?

Kes
Because if he did the door would close.

Kes
I think they said that in the movie. That they were renegat(sp) programs so probably old agents that should have been eliminated when upgrades were created.smile

The Gryphon
Aren't Cain and Abel ex-agents from an older version of the Matrix?

Kes
whose cain and abel?

darkstar
They're dead!! Morpheous took them out in that big fire on top of the bridge.

Kes
well, explusion is the word. and they did turn into ghosts so maybe they survived. they do heal themselfs quite nicelly.

Metroplex
I just watched the Matrix revolutions again and as someone posted earlier in this thread, i did notice that the twins flew off after the car blew up. So they might be back. If they did die, all Merrovingian needs to do is to recreate them.

Kes
yeh. Oh its reloaded smile

The Gryphon
When Persephone First walks into her bedroom with Neo, Trinity, and Morpheus, Cain and Abel are the two Asian guys she refers to as from an earlier version of the Matrix. Then she kills Abel. I figured they look kinda like agents, just kinda off, so they could be, I don't know. The Twins look like agents too though.

Kes
Ah. the werewolfs or something like that! got it.

Skittles19
yeha- our boys def. phased out when their suv was blown up by that *meanie* morpheus...smile
yay more twins in revolutions...
and if not... we will do something to the wb :P

julibug
well, they are "twin programs", so they probably operate like real twins, who sometimes seem to have an ability to almost know what the other is thinking. the fact that they say "we" could either be due to that, or just a very proper way of speaking - they are british!

The Gryphon
Actually they're not really anything. They're programs

Metroplex
Whoops thanks for marking my mistake Kes. This may be a wild guest but i think that the twins are ghosts. In Merrovingian's lair, we meet some supernatural creatures like the werewolves and vampires so since the twins can phase out, I'm guessing that they are ghosts. I think Persephone also mentions something about ghosts when she kills the two henchmens.

julibug
i've posted a link on another twins thread to an article where a warner bros. rep. says the twins are vampires. whether or not that is what the wachowski bros. had in mind, i dont' know. if you're interested in the link, send me a pm & i'll send it to you.

bigbadbike2
The twins are the same exact program. Therefore they know what each other feel. They are programmed to respond in the exact same manner as each other.

They are vampires. I think I remember Trinity reffering to them as vamps in the movie. I know that they have teeth of a vampire. When they turn to ghosts to retrieve the keymaker it clearly shows there fangs. However they would have to be a very new version of vampire because of there healing and ghost like abilities.

I do not think they died because when they are ghosts they do not get hurt and they heal. When they were blown into the sky they changed into ghosts so they could not be hurt. The explosion would hinder them long enough to let Morpheus and the crew escape.

julibug
Originally posted by bigbadbike2
The twins are the same exact program. Therefore they know what each other feel. They are programmed to respond in the exact same manner as each other.

They are vampires. I think I remember Trinity reffering to them as vamps in the movie. I know that they have teeth of a vampire. When they turn to ghosts to retrieve the keymaker it clearly shows there fangs. However they would have to be a very new version of vampire because of there healing and ghost like abilities.

Interesting!!! I hadn't noticed the teeth or Trinity's reference. I must go see it again, now!! The Warner Bros. rep referred to them as 15th century vampires, though, so they wouldn't be "new" versions I don't think.

Metroplex
I dont remeber trinity saying something either. But i guess that the sunlight rules for the vampires doesnt work for the twins.

Skittles19
when doesn trinity ever refer to them as vamps?
they don't have much speaking interaction...

(although he throws her a very sexy kiss) smile

LilMimister006
Yeh I don't recall that reference either..I just remember her saying after they go all ghosty-like she says something like "That's a nice trick" ::shrug::...o yeh and Skittles...that IS a very sexy kiss he does wink embarrasment

julibug
very very sexy kiss!! whew! is it getting hot in here, or is it just me?!?

LilMimister006
lol big grin yeah! hehe those twins get more and more attractive each day big grin embarrasment roll eyes (sarcastic)

julibug
mmmm. i keep going back and watching the ET interview over and over just to hear them talk. (and watch them kick!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.