Galactic Alliance vs. Grand Army

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eventide slorg
Galactic Alliance
- 1x Viscount-class Star Defender
- 4x Nebula-class Star Destroyer
- 4x Republic-class Star Destroyer
- 10x Corona-class frigate
- 14x Nebulon-B frigate
- 10x Warrior-class gunship
- 24x Zonama Sekot starfighters
- 120x XJ3 X-Wings
- 120x K-Wings

Grand Army
- 2x Praetor-class battlecruiser
- 6x Venator-class Star Destroyers
- 8x Victory I-class Star Destroyer
- 24x Carrack-class light cruiser
- 140x ARC-170 starfighter
- 140x Y-Wing

The Ellimist
spite

gold slorg
Why? It's basically:
1 dreadnaught-tier vs. 2 battlecruiser tiers
8 star destroyers vs. 14 star destroyers
24 frigates + 10x gunships vs. 24x light cruisers
240 starfighters vs. 280 starfighters

numbers are hugely in favor of team 2

victreebelvictr
You basically defined a spite thread.

Selenial

gold slorg
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
You basically defined a spite thread.

I mean, the team 2 has advantage in numbers, but team 1 has advantage in quality, so it's rather good imo.

@Sel:
It's the supreme Viscount in its best version.

victreebelvictr
Believable.

Be more specific more specific or people will not understand you.

gold slorg
Sorry bro, I suffer from aspergers IRL

Selenial
do the cruisers get their fighter complements on top of the fighters mentioned or nah?

gold slorg
Nah, only stuff mentioned strictly in the post, to avoid confusion.

Selenial
then yis, this is the greatest spite thread since sheev vs revan.

The Viscount enormously outshines the twin Praetors, assuming you mean the Mark II's. It boasts far superior firepower to them even combined, boasting a superior arsenal in both range and sheer strength.

The Republic-Class would eviscerate the Venators, there's a reason those ships were only used by pirates after TCW, without their frankly vomit inducing number of starfighters they're just not that good. Nebulas obviously get out-shined by the victories due to numbers, but given the slaughter that the Viscount and Republic cruisers will be engaged in I don't think it's much for the Alliance fleet to worry about.

Nebulon's take Carrack's comfortably, and the fighters are a relatively even match. Not including of course the era's differences in shielding and weapon output, which honestly tilts this into a genuine slaughterhouse for the Alliance navy. Cohesion of the fleets wasn't taken into account here either, but that again is a greater boon to the Alliance than the Republic.

To put it briefly:

Originally posted by The Ellimist
spite

DarkTransfer69
I don't know Selenial is or what he thinks he's going to accomplish with his rhetoric, but for now I am inclined to believe, bigger always equals better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.