Top 10 all time quarterbacks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Joe Montana
5. Steve Young
6. John Elway
7. Drew Brees
8. Dan Marino
9. Brett Favre
10. Johnny Unitas

smile

Thoughts? Your lists?

Kurk_Reborn
American Football is barbaric. Can anyone say CTE?

tkitna
Brady
Montana
Staubach
Marino
Elway
Manning
Brees
Starr
Kelley
Favre

roughrider
CFL

1. Doug Flutie
2. Damon Allen
3. Ron Lancaster
4. Warren Moon
5. Russ Jackson
6. Matt Dunigan
7. Anthony Cavillo
8. Henry Burris
9. Bernie Faloney
10. Ricky Ray

NFL

1. Joe Montana
2. Tom Brady
3. Johnny Unitas
4. Peyton Manning
5. Aaron Rodgers
6. John Elway
7. Brett Favre
8. Troy Aikman
9. Dan Marino
10. Warren Moon

DarthSkywalker0
Well, by Brady's own admission, Rodger's is better than him. So, it depends on the metric you are looking at.

roughrider
The reason I still put Montana higher than Brady, is because he's undefeated in four Super Bowls.

Putinbot1
Sports Forum?

roughrider
On reflection, maybe I should have included Terry Bradshaw in the NFL list, winning all those Super Bowls with the Steelers. I think more credit is just generally given to the great Steel Curtain defense for those titles.

quanchi112
So subjective but I will bite.

1. Montana
2. Rodgers
3. Brady
4. Elway
5. Young
6. Manning
7. Marino
8. Brees
9. Favre
10. Warner

Raptor22
Brady

Montana

Elway

Manning

Unitas

Starr

Staubach

Young

Rodgers

Favre

quanchi112
Originally posted by roughrider
On reflection, maybe I should have included Terry Bradshaw in the NFL list, winning all those Super Bowls with the Steelers. I think more credit is just generally given to the great Steel Curtain defense for those titles. I believe this is one of the reasons people erroneously argue accomplishments somehow mean they are better qbs. Marino never won a super bowl but Eli Manning won 2 does that mean Eli is a better qb than Marino?

Out of all these qbs the most physically gifted by far with no weaknesses is Aaron Rodgers. He can do it all.

The Ellimist
In terms of their actual individual abilities to play the game of football in their primes, I'm pretty sure 1/2/3 should be some combo of Brady/P. Manning/Rodgers.

Robtard
Don't really care about NFL football, but I'm partial to J. Montana for obvious reasons, growing up in the SF/Bay Area.

Johnny Unitas has the best name though. Almost sounds like a superhero's regular identity.

Surtur
I really don't watch football. Who knows, John Elway? Brett Farve? Favre? Whatever.

I went to a Bears game once but fell asleep.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Ellimist
In terms of their actual individual abilities to play the game of football in their primes, I'm pretty sure 1/2/3 should be some combo of Brady/P. Manning/Rodgers. Nah. Manning was not great in the postseason and clearly could not move in the pocket. Brady also has very limited mobility and benefited from cheating scandals. Brady is great but he is nowhere near Rodgers in physical skills. It came out recently he even admitted it. Montana played in a much tougher era and could move. He is the clutch king in the super bowl.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.