It is now NOT OK to O.K?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
Now this is just Fuh'ed UP!

Its not Ok to O.K Now? Or is this only during Hurricanes?

Bashar Teg
white supremacists have adopted it along with various other 4chan vomit like pepe. to pretend otherwise is pure gaslighting phaggotry.

dadudemon
He was trolling, at the very least.

cdtm
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
white supremacists have adopted it along with various other 4chan vomit like pepe. to pretend otherwise is pure gaslighting phaggotry.

The other day is the first I heard of it, when Surt posted the same website.

4chan, Reddit, the "stormer" are all things that would be known to internets, but the coast guard.. You'd think it wouldn't matter much what 4chan does in "the real world".

I mean, everyone I know who has a life could care less what 4chan does. Or YouTube, or Facebook.. It's the 'Tweens who have a "social life" online. If Fox or CNN never reported on it, the older folks wouldn't know about it.

Flyattractor
I am a white supremacists and adopted 4chan pepe. I will commit phaggotry now.

Sad Bashy. Sad.

darthgoober
F*ck that. I'm not going to let a bunch of assholes steal something a neutral as the "OK" sign from me. I refuse to give assholes that much control over my life and I'm not catering to anyone stupid enough to suggest that I should. Everyone talks about how white supremacist have too much power in our society while simultaneously letting the bastards take over whatever they f*ck they want just by twisting it. Who cares what the white supremacists think it means... they're dumb. It only actually means that if everyone else is dumb enough to go along with them. Black people should start using the sign all the time just to F*ck with the bastards. They almost definitely like boobs too, and I'm not going to let them ruin my love for them either.

Adam Grimes
^laughing out loud

Flyattractor
http://s3.easycar.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blog/Travel%20Offence/Hand%20Gesture%201.jpg

Silent Master

White supremacist have also adopted the habit of breathing, are you going to stop breathing in protest?

Adam Grimes
Quote where bash fellow said we should stop using ok

Flyattractor
Gays Confiscated the Rainbow.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Quote where bash fellow said we should stop using ok
Sure, right after you post where I made that claim.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Now this is just Fuh'ed UP!

Its not Ok to O.K Now? Or is this only during Hurricanes? durhulk laughs, "the blaze".

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Putinbot1
durhulf laughs, "the blaze".

Yeah. You are a Shill to the Fascist Leftist Media so I am not surpirsed by your attitude.

Article 13 and all.

eek!

Surtur
Originally posted by Silent Master

Funny thing is if Bash isn't saying we should stop using the sign then all the more reason for people to correctly point out it's not really a white power symbol lol.

And all the more reason to point out how dumb the people who feel it is are.(and they are super dumb, as dumb as the racists who feel it is some symbol of white power)

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
He was trolling, at the very least.

Probably, and I am in favor of using this to show how insane people are.

A god damn natural disaster is going on and these shitheads are once again whining about stupid bullshit. It's a step up from "Trump is complicit in this hurricane" but not much of a step.

Silent Master
Anyone that thinks it's a white power sign is a moron and that includes any white supremacists that have adopted it.

Surtur
Bingo.

I'd also add that a person looks even worse if they continue to claim it is a white power symbol despite them being given evidence it is not. Which I've given Bash more than once(and not just from the blaze, so they can't even use that as a cop out).

Bashar Teg
i simply said that white supremacists adopted the gesture, which is true. have fun acting like phaggots though.

Surtur
i simply said that white supremacists adopted the gesture, which is true. have fun acting like phaggots though.

You said it almost as if it was in defense of the insanity of leftists over seeing people do it.

Are you saying you weren't defending the insanity, that there is no defense, and that anyone who freaked should be shamed? Cuz I agree with you if you were thumb up

Bashar Teg
i won't even bother quoting you on the page turn, since you didn't even address the fact/point. so again, have fun acting like a phaggot

Surtur
i won't even bother quoting you on the page turn, since you didn't even address the fact/point. so again, have fun acting like a phaggot

It was wise for you to not defend the insanity, good job thumb up

Silent Master
Personally I don't think we should give white supremacists that kind of power/control. but if you want to give them power/control over your actions. that's on you.

samhain
Seems a bit much but seeing as I'm not a religious virgin, social worker, foster parent or douchebag in general, I have no problem not using the 'okay' sign, in fact, I've only ever used it by accident, when theatrically miming the smoking of a joint.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by samhain
Seems a bit much but seeing as I'm not a religious virgin, social worker, foster parent or douchebag in general, I have no problem not using the 'okay' sign, in fact, I've only ever used it by accident, when theatrically miming the smoking of a joint. thumb up I mean who uses it daily? In the U.K. we use thumbs up anyway. Good post Sam! I have never seen anyone in any country use O.K. so... It's clearly the rightist-Incel-Bat-signal, all good reasons not to use it.

Surtur
Seems a bit much but seeing as I'm not a religious virgin, social worker, foster parent or douchebag in general, I have no problem not using the 'okay' sign, in fact, I've only ever used it by accident, when theatrically miming the smoking of a joint.

How about adults act like adults and not flip out over a hand sign?

Surtur
thumb up I mean who uses it daily? In the U.K. we use thumbs up anyway. Good post Sam! I have never seen anyone in any country use O.K. so... It's clearly the rightist-Incel-Bat-signal, all good reasons not to use it.

Did anyone make an argument someone uses it daily or often or what is the point here? The point is crazed folk whining and screaming "white supremacist!" like retards anytime they see the sign.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Surtur
Did anyone make an argument someone uses it daily or often or what is the point here? The point is crazed folk whining and screaming "white supremacist!" like retards anytime they see the sign. dur It's now clearly being used daily by these racists who are gaslighting people, by claiming it's just a normal symbol having appropriated something no one uses as there symbol. Silly Incels that they are.

Surtur
dur It's now clearly being used daily by these racists who are gaslighting people, by claiming it's just a normal symbol having appropriated something no one uses as there symbol. Silly Incels that they are.

Except it's not lol. It's not being used daily by racists. Lunatic leftists are saying anyone making the symbol on purpose or accidentally are white supremacists.

There is nobody who is intelligent thinking this.

Bashar Teg
dur It's now clearly being used daily by these racists who are gaslighting people, by claiming it's just a normal symbol having appropriated something no one uses as there symbol. Silly Incels that they are.

but everyone has to pretend that it isn't happening or that's 'flipping out'. silly incels making up silly rules in their silly internet treehouses.

Putinbot1
but everyone has to pretend that it isn't happening or that's 'flipping out'. silly incels making up silly rules in their silly internet treehouses. Exactly, making a non-issue into an issue to be "victims" of there own narrative. Funny stuff.

Silent Master
Special rules, like saying that everyone who does A must be B?

Surtur
but everyone has to pretend that it isn't happening or that's 'flipping out'. silly incels making up silly rules in their silly internet treehouses.

You're the one who is so utterly pathetic you can't admit it's not a white supremacist symbol lol.

You can spin that however way you want to champ.

Putinbot1
Special rules, like saying that everyone who does A must be B? durhulkYou strike me as the kind of guy who uses "O.K." daily.

Silent Master
durhulkYou strike me as the kind of guy who uses "O.K." daily.

Why?

Surtur
https://i.imgur.com/w2aUaz7.jpg

^Must be his white half doing that.

Putinbot1
Why? Just an observation.

Silent Master
Just an observation.

Interesting.

Putinbot1

^Must be his white half doing that. dur Prior to appropriation and the alt-right incel victim culture.

Surtur
dur Prior to appropriation and the alt-right incel victim culture.

Nah he knew in advance, what a racist piece of shit.

Surtur
Leftists have three choices:

-denounce Obama as racist
-do not ever open your mouths to whine about perceived racism again
-admit you're a retard and it's not a symbol of white power

Your choice is irrelevant to me, but you do need to choose.

Putinbot1
dur Prior to appropriation and the alt-right incel victim culture.

samhain
How about adults act like adults and not flip out over a hand sign?

It would be great if we lived in a more relaxed world but we don't. People are occasionally going to be offended by things that are designed to offend them, like you for example. Perhaps this is a ploy by the left to enrage people who disagree with them and here you are, offended by it. At the very least you're swallowing their poison and expecting them to get sick. I can't do the 'okay' signal anymore? Fine, I'll lump it in with Nazi salutes, not using the word n****r and spitting on public transport, ie, stuff I have no problem with anyway, adjust and adapt my friend.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by darthgoober
F*ck that. I'm not going to let a bunch of assholes steal something a neutral as the "OK" sign from me. I refuse to give assholes that much control over my life and I'm not catering to anyone stupid enough to suggest that I should. Everyone talks about how white supremacist have too much power in our society while simultaneously letting the bastards take over whatever they f*ck they want just by twisting it. Who cares what the white supremacists think it means... they're dumb. It only actually means that if everyone else is dumb enough to go along with them. Black people should start using the sign all the time just to F*ck with the bastards. They almost definitely like boobs too, and I'm not going to let them ruin my love for them either.
About the most sensible thing said in this whole thread.

We should not cede territory, linguistic, iconographic, and especially not ideological to the alt-right.

Pepe was a very ubiquitous meme at one point, but because there were a few alt-right Pepes, Hillary Clinton called it a white supremacist meme, and in mockery of that it's been taken up a lot more by a mix of people from the alt-right, and non-racists who just find it funny that someone could get pissed off by a cartoon frog.

The okay hand sign, a pretty neutral hand gesture, and now people are whining about it. Apparently milk is a white supremacist symbol now too... ****ing milk... you don't cede this kinda territory to white supremacists and declare it unusable.

It's even worse when it happens with ideological positions.

Take border security and nationalistic leanings. There is a pretty solid non-racist argument for them on the basis that a nation's primary obligation is to its own citizens, those who sacrifice some of their property (taxes) and liberty (following laws) to the state. A nation being primarily obliged to it's own people and own national interest makes sense to me as the upholding of the social contract formed by people within a nation. But because the alt-right's interests overlap with that nationalism and border security, those things are unfairly linked with racism and the alt-right when there's a perfectly non-racist argument and reason for supporting them.

Doing this has two consequences, you unfairly castigate people who hold these positions for non-racist reasons, and if you try and push those stances to the fringe where they're owned by the alt-right in some sense, then people who actually have nationalist leanings and care about border security would be more tempted to join the alt-right because the alt-right would be the only group speaking to that interest if you make it unacceptable for any decent person to hold nationalist and pro-border security views.

Same thing with ceding topics of discussion like differences in average IQ between racial groups. There is a non-racist way to explain those statistics, and that is that you can't judge an individual based on group statistics. There are white people smarter than jews, black people smarter than whites, mexicans smarter than asians, etc. You can only judge someone's intellect as an individual because people vary a lot within a group.

However if you mark that topic of discussion an off limits area of academic discussion, then you unfairly castigate non-racists who are just interested in looking at statistics as racists, and if you make it impossible for non-racists to discuss, impressionable young people will only hear them from the alt-right and have nobody to explain the non-racist conclusion that can be drawn from them, and they'll think the people opposing the alt-right are intellectually dishonest.

You don't give ****s like the alt-right more ammo.

Surtur
It would be great if we lived in a more relaxed world but we don't. People are occasionally going to be offended by things that are designed to offend them, like you for example. Perhaps this is a ploy by the left to enrage people who disagree with them and here you are, offended by it. At the very least you're swallowing their poison and expecting them to get sick. I can't do the 'okay' signal anymore? Fine, I'll lump it in with Nazi salutes, not using the word n****r and spitting on public transport, ie, stuff I have no problem with anyway, adjust and adapt my friend.

I'm not offended, merely pointing out that it's only morons that think this is a white power symbol.

Bashar Teg
Exactly, making a non-issue into an issue to be "victims" of there own narrative. Funny stuff.

they attempted the same gaslighting strategy with pepe. remember how well that worked out for richard spencer? smile

https://i.imgur.com/EqgvG8n.gif

dadudemon

thumb up Classic Silent Master. laughing

thumb up I mean who uses it daily? In the U.K. we use thumbs up anyway. Good post Sam! I have never seen anyone in any country use O.K. so... It's clearly the rightist-Incel-Bat-signal, all good reasons not to use it.

I think this is more on point. Who uses it? We use thumbs up, these days. Using the OK hand sign is, frankly, outdated. I don't know anyone from any country who uses the OK hand sign (work related). It's always thumbs or the head nod thing.

they attempted the same gaslighting strategy with pepe. remember how well that worked out for richard spencer? smile

Ahhh, yes. Violence against people who say things you disagree with. The perfect kind of fascism.

ArtificialGlory
People who do the "OK" sign need to be punched, because obviously.

Surtur
thumb up Classic Silent Master. laughing

I think this is more on point. Who uses it? We use thumbs up, these days. Using the OK hand sign is, frankly, outdated. I don't know anyone from any country who uses the OK hand sign (work related). It's always thumbs or the head nod thing.

Ahhh, yes. Violence against people who say things you disagree with. The perfect kind of fascism.

They do love them some fascism.

Bashar Teg
https://i.imgur.com/YyfsFq3.jpg

dadudemon
https://i.imgur.com/YyfsFq3.jpg

What's your point?

Here's an Anitfa dude getting knocked out:

https://i.imgur.com/lTJOqzN.gif

Are we celebrating violence against idiots?

Putinbot1
It would be great if we lived in a more relaxed world but we don't. People are occasionally going to be offended by things that are designed to offend them, like you for example. Perhaps this is a ploy by the left to enrage people who disagree with them and here you are, offended by it. At the very least you're swallowing their poison and expecting them to get sick. I can't do the 'okay' signal anymore? Fine, I'll lump it in with Nazi salutes, not using the word n****r and spitting on public transport, ie, stuff I have no problem with anyway, adjust and adapt my friend. thumb up Brilliant Post.

Putinbot1
What's your point?

Are we celebrating violence against idiots? What a terrible punch... Seriously, hilariously awful...

Putinbot1
I'm not offended, merely pointing out that it's only morons that think this is a white power symbol. dur The alt-right incels have appropriated a sign no one uses so they can say the sign no one uses is being picked on... Haha, so silly.

Silent Master
Calm down.

Putinbot1
Calm down. dur

Silent Master
dur

janus77
OK is perfectly ok with me.

And I'm not even a white supremacist, but I'll sign up if that's the only way to retain my right to be OK with OK!

Putinbot1
dur = me

Pats head, I know S&M, I know. smokin'

Silent Master
Post editing, that is something you would do. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Putinbot1
Post editing, that is something you would do. dur = me S&M thumb up True that! smokin'

edited at whenever.

Silent Master
Since it means so much to you, you can have the last word.

Putinbot1
Since it means so much to you, you can have the last word. Thanks, apart from your politics I actually enjoy your posts on other things btw. That's an honest comment.

Surtur
What's your point?

Are we celebrating violence against idiots?

Lol this is the best clip, dude gets hit right in the nuts:

bdQyZfcHK6c

dadudemon
Post editing, that is something you would do. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also, dadudemon is the best I am definitely going to send him $10,000 to show how committed I am to my beliefs.

Yeah, dude, people who edit posts when quoting them are totally lame. They are for sure losers. grouchoawe

dadudemon
Lol this is the best clip, dude gets hit right in the nuts:

bdQyZfcHK6c

The way he reacts looks just like that bear that hit himself in the nuts.

Skip to 20 seconds:

8kjY9sKdHlY

Surtur
Man Nic Cage really stepped in it there.

SamZED

His octopus sense didn't tingle.

The way he reacts looks just like that bear that hit himself in the nuts.

Skip to 20 seconds:

8kjY9sKdHlY
Imagine if someone thwarted a bear attack this way. laughing laughing laughing

ArtificialGlory

Surtur
Remember that milk is racist too. Though I assume chocolate milk gets a pass.

SamZED
Not its natural color so consider it milk's equivalent of a black face.

Surtur
Originally posted by SamZED
Not its natural color so consider it milk's equivalent of a black face.

Nooooooooo!

Putinbot1
white supremacists have adopted it along with various other 4chan vomit like pepe. to pretend otherwise is pure gaslighting phaggotry. Still the right answer

Trocity
Colin Kaepernick is a white supremacist.

Scribble

Scribble
Originally posted by darthgoober
F*ck that. I'm not going to let a bunch of assholes steal something a neutral as the "OK" sign from me. I refuse to give assholes that much control over my life and I'm not catering to anyone stupid enough to suggest that I should. Everyone talks about how white supremacist have too much power in our society while simultaneously letting the bastards take over whatever they f*ck they want just by twisting it. Who cares what the white supremacists think it means... they're dumb. It only actually means that if everyone else is dumb enough to go along with them. Black people should start using the sign all the time just to F*ck with the bastards. They almost definitely like boobs too, and I'm not going to let them ruin my love for them either. Basically this. I didn't even need to write all of that other stuff. awehuhs👌

Bashar Teg
anyone care to try and refute anything i actually said, tho?

Putinbot1
anyone care to try and refute anything i actually said, tho? Not me mate, you are bang on the money.

Surtur
anyone care to try and refute anything i actually said, tho?

Just admit it's not a white power symbol.

Putinbot1
Its been appropriated, Bash is right.

darthgoober
Let's suppose it has been successfully appropriated... now what? I mean minorities say that white people appropriate their culture all the time, does that mean the minorities should surrender those things and just give them over to white people? Are the original origins meaningless now?

Surtur

It's not a white power symbol lol.

Say it. Learn it. Live it.

Silent Master

While some may use it, it can only be appropriated if everyone allows it. so why are you allowing racists to appropriate it?

Surtur
Originally posted by Trocity
Colin Kaepernick is a white supremacist.

Damn, another black white supremacist. We have too many in our culture sad

BackFire
Are white supremacists really so stupid and uncreative that they can't come up with their own damn symbol? What next? The peace sign? The rock out sign? The middle finger?

Adam Grimes
As long as they don't choose the 🤔 emoji they're okay.

dadudemon
Not me mate, you are bang on the money.

Lol, you banged him for money. I knew you were a whore.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by BackFire
Are white supremacists really so stupid and uncreative that they can't come up with their own damn symbol? What next? The peace sign? The rock out sign? The middle finger?
It's actually pretty smart if you think about it. If they come up with their own symbol people can just ignore it, but if they coopt something already use they can create a media circus around it.

BackFire
They should coopt suicide.

cdtm

They probably use those, too.

The other question, is does the internet just believe everything it reads. I mean, I'm totally 100% certain some white supremecists used the ok sign before 4chan did their thing. The question is, was that a pattern, or did 4chan take an isolated incident or two, and fool people into believing a pattern was there?

Although it's also pretty likely neo nazi types would jump to play along with 4chans troll, and appropriate it after the fact..

Surtur

Lol they got duped by 4chan just like the morons insisting it's a white power symbol got duped.

They didn't set out to "lets now use the okay sign!". Again, like a bunch of people on the left, 4chan has more control over their lives than they realize.

Guarantee you if 4chan decides a thumbs up is racist within 6 months we'll have Bash posting here screaming it's a white supremacist symbol cuz he saw a nazi use it lol.

Bashar Teg

yup thumb up but watch pinnocio continue trying to gaslight.

snowdragon
Another nonissue that asshats want to play up.

Zomg, all 10,000 neo nazis in the USA use a symbol that for years had no significance and now its white power.

Grow up and walk away from the kiddie culture.

Surtur
Originally posted by snowdragon

Zomg, all 10,000 neo nazis in the USA use a symbol that for years had no significance and now its white power.

They are eternal children so they can't walk away from it.

It's like the movie "Big" went horribly horribly wrong and now a bunch of dipshits think the okay symbol is for white power now. Though it's not and the more some insist it is the less intelligent they look.

Surtur
Dirty f*cking white supremacist:

tu3jBTodEcg

Needs to drop out of politics immediately.

cdtm

Oh yeah, it's "faux outrage" driven by a media desperate for views at any cost. It's all based on "truth", but overblown to ridiculous proportions.

I've posted this article before, and will keep posting it, because everyone should read it once:

https://medium.com/@parkermolloy/5-things-the-media-does-to-manufacture-outrage-ba79125e1262

An innocent social media comment about a lipstick color, called "underage red", gets passed around from media to media, with each one dialing up the non-existent "outrage".

It's like a perverse game of "telephone", except people intentionally use deception instead of misunderstanding a message..

Putinbot1

Grow up and walk away from the kiddie culture. Its funny because Fly and others were the ones bringing up how they were going to use it now. You know the people with far right views, no one else sees it as something anyone uses. I n the same way no one in Germany used the Peaceful Swastika before the Reich. Try redeeming the swastiska. Why should those Nazis have it? Hang on didnt 4 chan try that?

cdtm
Its funny because Fly and others were the ones bringing up how they were going to use it now. You know the people with far right views, no one else sees it as something anyone uses. I n the same way no one in Germany used the Peaceful Swastika before the Reich. Try redeeming the swastiska. Why should those Nazis have it? Hang on didnt 4 chan try that?

While your point is valid, there's a question of proportion. A few alt righters (And Trumpers, and trolls), vs a state sponsored movement that engineered untold genocides.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by cdtm
While your point is valid, there's a question of proportion. A few alt righters (And Trumpers, and trolls), vs a state sponsored movement that engineered untold genocides. Of course, although it was a small movement in the 20s in Germany.

snowdragon
Its funny because Fly and others were the ones bringing up how they were going to use it now. You know the people with far right views, no one else sees it as something anyone uses. I n the same way no one in Germany used the Peaceful Swastika before the Reich. Try redeeming the swastiska. Why should those Nazis have it? Hang on didnt 4 chan try that?

I'll be honest here, I have never visited 4chan, I can't think of the last time I used the OK sign. I also think that asshats that buy into neo nazi signs are another complete group of ass hatery.

I find that equating things you dislike to nazis and such for simpletons. You are literally eating the garbage they spew to create your own garbage that is simple.

The world we live in today isn't as narrow and close minded unless you want to discuss evangelicals or zealot islamists.

Putinbot1
I'll be honest here, I have never visited 4chan, I can't think of the last time I used the OK sign. I also think that asshats that buy into neo nazi signs are another complete group of ass hatery.

I find that equating things you dislike to nazis and such for simpletons. You are literally eating the garbage they spew to create your own garbage that is simple.

The world we live in today isn't as narrow and close minded unless you want to discuss evangelicals or zealot islamists. I disagree if Nazis have appropriated them to use. It's no different to any other group appropriating a word except for the stigma. Gays appropriated Gay etc, no Stigma as being Gay is not abhorrent.

Trocity
It's kind of like antifa calling themselves anti-fascists when they are today's fascists.

Surtur
I disagree if Nazis have appropriated them to use. It's no different to any other group appropriating a word except for the stigma. Gays appropriated Gay etc, no Stigma as being Gay is not abhorrent.

They haven't. Finding instances online doesn't mean nazis the world over have now officially adopted this symbol.

Silent Master
It's all about making yourself feel superior, you say that anyone that uses a certain word/symbol is part of the "other" and the "other" are a bunch of evil people. people don't want to engage in a debate of ideas anymore, they just want to label people so that they can feel morally superior by calling names and ignoring them.

Putinbot1
It's kind of like antifa calling themselves anti-fascists when they are today's fascists. only to alt-right fascists are they fascists.

Putinbot1
It's all about making yourself feel superior, you say that anyone that uses a certain word/symbol is part of the "other" and the "other" are a bunch of evil people. people don't want to engage in a debate of ideas anymore, they just want to label people so that they can feel morally superior by calling names and ignoring them. Damn straight I feel superior to white supremacists, alt right nut jobs etc. And yeah I wouldn't want anyone to think I was one so why would I use a symbol no one else does they have appropriated and stigmatized.

snowdragon
I disagree if Nazis have appropriated them to use. It's no different to any other group appropriating a word except for the stigma. Gays appropriated Gay etc, no Stigma as being Gay is not abhorrent.

I think we may not agree on this but we would be able to easily come to better terms in person.

I still believe in the notion rugged individualiasm is more important than group think and action, when facing an angry mob that would be falsesmile

From your previous posts you seem more into the group dynamic and that truer democratic (most votes wins) kinda guy.

I find the authoritarian sides of issues very unappealing to me and having someone say that making a certain gesture means what they BELIEVE is just not how I was raised.

ArtificialGlory
only to alt-right fascists are they fascists.
Most of them are communists and communism is just red fascism.

Putinbot1
Well, swastikas were an appropriated peace symbol. The whole point of symbolism is symbols are given meanings and inferences are drawn. If you wear a cross, I'll think you are Christian, if you use O.K. now know many far right people do an inference us drawn.

dadudemon
It's kind of like antifa calling themselves anti-fascists when they are today's fascists.

Are the alt-right people even fascists, though?

I do see significant elements of fascism in anti-fa, though. Which is ironic as hell, of course.

A see a few elements of fascism in some alt-righters. But "alt-right" really isn't a movement like anti-fa. It's more or less an insult people like to throw around.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Most of them are communists and communism is just red fascism. Nope, communism is about the proloteriat owning the means of production.

darthgoober
Nah. I'm not alt-right and I totally think they're fascists...

snowdragon
Well, swastikas were an appropriated peace symbol. The whole point of symbolism is symbols are given meanings and inferences are drawn. If you wear a cross, I'll think you are Christian, if you use O.K. now know many far right people do an inference us drawn.

Right except we dont have an entire country using said expressions, it's a super super minority. There is a difference in drawing comparisons between nazi germany and the incel thousand type minority that MIGHT use said expression.

ArtificialGlory
Nope, communism is about the proloteriat owning the means of production.
Hence red fascism.

Putinbot1
Are the alt-right people even fascists, though?

I do see significant elements of fascism in anti-fa, though. Which is ironic as hell, of course.

A see a few elements of fascism in some alt-righters. But "alt-right" really isn't a movement like anti-fa. It's more or less an insult people like to throw around. Going to disagree, the alt right is far more insidious than Antifa, far more violent worldwide, behaves in cells far more and yes mainly white supremacist.

Silent Master
Damn straight I feel superior to white supremacists, alt right nut jobs etc. And yeah I wouldn't want anyone to think I was one so why would I use a symbol no one else does they have appropriated and stigmatized.

Interesting claim. where is your proof that nobody else uses the symbol?

Putinbot1
Nope, communism is about the proloteriat owning the means of production. Nope Fascism is where government and corporations become one, amongst other things.

Putinbot1
Interesting claim. where is your proof that nobody else uses the symbol? do you know anyone who uses it regularly over thumbs up? I've never seen it used in real life anywhere.

ArtificialGlory
Nope Fascism is where government and corporations become one, amongst other things.
Are you arguing with yourself?

darthgoober
do you know anyone who uses it regularly over thumbs up? I've never seen it used in real life anywhere.

Silent Master
do you know anyone who uses it regularly over thumbs up? I've never seen it used in real life anywhere.

You've never seen anyone use the ok symbol? Odd, as I've seen Obama, Colin Kaepernick and Alexandria Ocasio Cortez use it. just to name a few.

Putinbot1
Prior to appropriation very few people used it publicly. They wouldn't now. Want to compare it to thumbs up?

Putinbot1
The few examples of people using it years ago is just gas lighting and doesn't alter what it is now and it's rightful stigma.

darthgoober
Prior to appropriation very few people used it publicly. They wouldn't now. Want to compare it to thumbs up?
I think what you mean to say is that no one would use it for anything other than a symbol for white power now because we have seen people using it in recent times. But the thing is that it's just being assumed to be used that way with no kind of confirmation.

Surtur
Just the other day I used the okay symbol to help my friend park. She sucks at parking so she was slowly inching in and I gave her the okay symbol as a sign to stop moving.

I wonder if the very essence of Hitler possessed me? Oh ho ho! Guess that nazi mysticism paid off!

dadudemon
The few examples of people using it years ago is just gas lighting and doesn't alter what it is now and it's rightful stigma.

I agree. We should not do anything the alt-right and racist people do when it is specific to their racism.

By avoiding those actions and behaviors, it shows we are better than them. Sure, it means over time we will concede a lot of ground and perhaps box ourselves into a very small set of behaviors and actions we can do. But what is more important is demonstrating that we are better than them. We will stand up for truth and righteousness. We will prove through our actions (or by removing actions from our behaviors) that we are not like them; we are better than them.

So let them have their new racist symbols. We just won't use them anymore.

Surtur
I agree. We should not do anything the alt-right and racist people do when it is specific to their racism.

By avoiding those actions and behaviors, it shows we are better than them. Sure, it means over time we will concede a lot of ground and perhaps box ourselves into a very small set of behaviors and actions we can do. But what is more important is demonstrating that we are better than them. We will stand up for truth and righteousness. We will prove through our actions (or by removing actions from our behaviors) that we are not like them; we are better than them.

It's almost like we're just bowing down to our alt right overlords, outrageous!

But also hilarious! Oh leftists...

dadudemon
It's almost like we're just bowing down to our alt right overlords, outrageous!

But also hilarious! Oh leftists...

How dare you twist my words like that. I only intend to state that I refuse to participate in the racists new game. I just won't use the symbol at all.

Surtur
How dare you twist my words like that. I only intend to state that I refuse to participate in the racists new game. I just won't use the symbol at all.

I just heard a rumor not doing the sign is a sign that you love white people and want there to only be white people in the world.

Shame on you.

Putinbot1

So let them have their new racist symbols. We just won't use them anymore. The thing about the wave of popularism is when trump goes the alt-right will return to their cowering, cowardly ways till the next nut job empowers them.

Surtur
The thing about the wave of popularism is when trump goes the alt-right will return to their cowering, cowardly ways till the next nut job empowers them.

Uh bro, the word wave starts with W. Guess what else does, dickbag? White power.

Silent Master

Agreed.

BackFire
Surfing is now a neo nazi activity.

Putinbot1
Uh bro, the word wave starts with W. Guess what else does, dickbag? White power. So you don't want the alt-right to go... Interesting. You little ****.

Surtur
Surfing is now a neo nazi activity.

Snow is white.

Just saying. Mother nature had TONS of colors to choose from.

She chose white.

BackFire
Snowboarding is also a neo nazi activity.

Surtur
So you don't want the alt-right to go... Interesting. You little ****.

Why do you hate white people?

We probably invented chocolate. Think about that next time.

Surtur
Snowboarding is also a neo nazi activity.

Snowmen are always white.

Just saying.

Coincidence or...neo nazi plot?

Hitler loved winter btw. Coincidence?

Putinbot1
Snow is white.

Just saying. Mother nature had TONS of colors to choose from.

She chose white. people are judged by their compassion for others in the end...Your Gas lighting fantasies fool no one.

Surtur
people are judged by their compassion for others in the end...

Is this a post from Putinbot1 or am I reading a diary entry of Hitler? Legitimately can't tell.

Silent Master
That doesn't just apply to one side.

Putinbot1
That doesn't just apply to one side. Going to disagree till Antifa creates an anders brevik, Hitler etc.

Silent Master
I see, so compassion is only for people you agree with. I wonder what type of groups would agree with that stance.

Surtur
Going to disagree till Antifa creates an anders brevik, Hitler etc.

I'm glad you at least confirmed that if Antifa murdered someone tomorrow you'd still shrug and go "well nazis killed more".

Just so we are clear: it means you're a little weasel whenever you say "well Antifa never killed anyone". That's not the measure you're going by. Deceit accepted thumb up

snowdragon
Going to disagree till Antifa creates an anders brevik, Hitler etc.

Lucky for you history is already filled with great communist leaders:

Stalin
Lenin
Ho Chi Minh
Pol Pot

So many great leaders to choose.

By the way communism is by far and away the greatest killer in the last century.

Surtur

Stalin
Lenin
Ho Chi Minh
Pol Pot

By the way communism is by far and away the greatest killer in the last century.

Putinbot1 is like a communist who ends up in Stalin's gulag..swearing he's only there because Stalin made a mistake.

Putinbot1

Stalin
Lenin
Ho Chi Minh
Pol Pot

By the way communism is by far and away the greatest killer in the last century. um Antifa were fascists according to you lot a page ago and Communism never happened the proletariat never rose up. But equalise away.

Surtur
Antifa are actually really really dumb communists too stupid to see they adopt fascist tactics when it suits them.

It's actually quite hilarious.

Putinbot1
Antifa are actually really really dumb communists too stupid to see they adopt fascist tactics when it suits them.

It's actually quite hilarious. O.K. so now they are both dur keep goose stepping kids your great grandad would be proud no

Surtur
O.K. so now they are both dur keep goose stepping kids your great grandad would be proud no

They have communist beliefs but are too stupid to see they behave exactly like the people they whine about.

It's part of the reason they are god damn hilarious.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>