Luke Cage vs. Drax the Destroyer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/ybpt5fou

vs.

https://tinyurl.com/y9mpdcz8

riv6672
Cage.

zopzop
Cage wrecks him. Classic Drax and HGH Drax would annihilate Cage.

StiltmanFTW
HGH?

zopzop
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
HGH?
https://s8.postimg.cc/3q0s6yqgl/Drax-the-_Destroyer-_Marvel-_Comics-_Infinity-_Watch-a.jpg
It was a joke regarding this huge/jacked version of Drax. HGH is human growth hormone (bodybuilders and athletes use it to gain muscle).

StiltmanFTW
Ah, of course.

Yeah, Dumb Drax was a beast.

DarkSaint85
Tbf, the pic Stilt used makes it look like he's wearing muscle padding on his front - those traps are pretty jacked.

One Big Mob
Drax is more powerful than people care to admit. Drax still has vastly better feats that Cage will never touch like fighting Thanos, and ripping off Collector and Grandmaster's heads iirc. He was also doing better than Terrax against an apparently amped FFF. Etc.

It's just that he gets brought down to Earth a lot more than Cage. Plus I think people are thrown by him not being Dumb Drax level still so they write him off.

Drax should still be stronger than Cage by a decent amount. He should be more durable too, though that's a little harder to prove. More skilled than Cage too.

leonidas
yeah i gained some respect for drax recently. was it you who found all those scans? anyway, this is close. if his knives can cut cage, cage is eff'd. without, it becomes a battle of attrition that would take a LONG time to decide. i'd prolly take cage for a tiny majority unless we can argue the blades work.

StiltmanFTW
That fight against Thanos was definitely impressive, but as Bran himself said, you couldn't help but to think Bendis just decided to re-power Drax to "Dumb" levels all of a sudden.

Eternal Idol
Drax should beat non-Bendis-Force Cage every time.

riv6672

One Big Mob
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah i gained some respect for drax recently. was it you who found all those scans? anyway, this is close. if his knives can cut cage, cage is eff'd. without, it becomes a battle of attrition that would take a LONG time to decide. i'd prolly take cage for a tiny majority unless we can argue the blades work. thumb up

Though the recent scans of Drax I've posted have mostly been focused on Gamora, Glads and Thanos, so I haven't posted a lot of them.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
That fight against Thanos was definitely impressive, but as Bran himself said, you couldn't help but to think Bendis just decided to re-power Drax to "Dumb" levels all of a sudden. thumb up

Iirc he popped him pretty good in Bendis' last GotG issue.

Still though, both of these guys are stronger than what people think. Same goes for people like Thing, who these guys hover around.

I'd say it's probably a split, or edge to Drax. Even with Bendis, Luke hovers around the same place. Drax randomly gets really high high feats, and he's never really displayed an actual limit (not saying he has unlimited strength of course) besides getting KO'ed by Zopzop tier muscle daddies so meh. Sometimes he straight up scales to the threat it seems. His powers haven't really been defined I guess. He just has good showings that vary.

If I had to list them in strength it'd be

1. High end Drax
2. Thing
3. Average Drax
4. Luke

Not terribly far away, but enough to make a list out of it.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Drax is more powerful than people care to admit. Drax still has vastly better feats that Cage will never touch like fighting Thanos, and ripping off Collector and Grandmaster's heads iirc. He was also doing better than Terrax against an apparently amped FFF. Etc.

It's just that he gets brought down to Earth a lot more than Cage. Plus I think people are thrown by him not being Dumb Drax level still so they write him off.

Drax should still be stronger than Cage by a decent amount. He should be more durable too, though that's a little harder to prove. More skilled than Cage too. Lunatik a Blood Brother etc... Drax smashes Lukes face in.

Bentley
Drax should be able to break Cage's arm like he did to that brick luminal. This is a war of attrition Drax can definitively win.

riv6672
^^^Drax is a glass cannon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.