Darth Tenebrous vs. Vitiate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
who wins

Magister
Rugess.

Azronger
Tenebrous

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Tenebraeous

Magister
He did it again lol

Total Warrior

The Ellimist
Tenebrous's midichlorian feats are pretty insane and he scales vastly above his master, who popped the light side bubble formed by the collective Jedi Order.

victreebelvictr

Haschwalth
Tenebrae

DarkTransfer69
Vitiate stomps easily, just way better feats

SW_LeGenD of PT
Darth Tenebrous will consume Vitiate

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by SW_LeGenD of PT
Darth Tenebrous will consume Vitiate How?

SW_LeGenD of PT
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
How?

Darth Tenebrous's powers are esoteric, complex and absolutely potent. Unless Vitiate is actually immune to Force powers, he is not going to endure.

victreebelvictr
Valkorions knowledge in Sith Magic is "esoteric" to Darth Tenebrous.

Unless he is immune to Force powers, he is not going to endure.

SW_LeGenD of PT
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Valkorions knowledge in Sith Magic is "esoteric" to Darth Tenebrous.

Unless he is immune to Force powers, he is not going to endure.

Provide evidence.

DarkTransfer69
No doubt Tenebrous is much smarter, but this is like Elder Scrolls versus Fallout protagonist, ES is a mad wizard with incalculable reality warping powers, versus a guy with science and guns, the winner is clear.

victreebelvictr
Darth Tenebrous's powers are esoteric, complex and absolutely potent. Unless Vitiate is actually immune to Force powers, he is not going to endure. Provide evidence.

We all know that Tenebrous didn't believe in Sith Magic and never trained in it.

He wouldn't know how to avoid these attacks.

SW_LeGenD of PT
Originally posted by DarkTransfer69
No doubt Tenebrous is much smarter, but this is like Elder Scrolls versus Fallout protagonist, ES is a mad wizard with incalculable reality warping powers, versus a guy with science and guns, the winner is clear.

Tenebrous have not guns. He have lightsaber. You are misinformed.

Did Vitiate's Force powers save him from a lightsaber? NO!

victreebelvictr

Vitiate
Vitiate will probably walk in a lightsaber again :P

DarkTransfer69
Tenebrous have not guns. He have lightsaber. You are misinformed.

Did Vitiate's Force powers save him from a lightsaber? NO! Tenebrous doesn't have any good dueling feats against a true sorcerer unfortunately, I don't see the evidence for your argument. By my logic even Exar Kun could win this against Tenebrous.

gold slorg
Tenebrous has maxi-chlorians knowledge and can transcend to a new body. However, Vitiate has the Essence Transfer skill, which works essentially the same. So when Vitiate dies, his essence tries to overpower Tenebrous, but Tenebrous can counter with maxi-chlorians, forcing Vitiate to utilize Essence Transfer to overpower Tenebrous's maxi-chlorian skills, which in turn makes Tenebrous retaliate with maxi-chlorians again.

They are basically imprisoned in a huge loop forever, quite similar to the one seen in great movie Doctor Strange when the protagonist said the meme line:

- Dormamu, I've come to bargain!

But in this case, it's both Tenebrous and Vitiate bargaining to no end.

DarkTransfer69
See, my interpretation of the situation is more that Tenebrous and Vitiate/Valkorion would be sharing a 1 bedroom apartment together. Whether they pay equal rent is utterly besides the point, they still occupy the same rooms, use the same utilities and so on. What policy they use in terms of bedroom allocation, TV time and kitchen layout is once against besides the main point which is that they co-inhabit the same living space. If Tenebrous has imprinted his consciousness, that is his animus or ego into the midichlorians of a new body and then exorcised those midichlorians from the purview of the Force as a universal binding energy field, that does not prevent Vitiate from them inhabiting the raw organic matter of the body as a tethering point for his disembodied consciousness. Vitiate would animate this body while Tenebrous would sap space from it, as he would no longer be connected to the Force - he would be a free agent unbound by any federal jurisdiction - whereas Vitiate would be operating under the purview of the Force and would have dominion over the majority of the midichlorians inhabiting and sustaining the body. It is very much a case where Vitiate pays the rent and Tenebrous is a freeloader sapping the utilities without contributing everything, however eventually he would sap too much without contributing anything, and when it comes time to pay the bills, they would become metaphorically bankrupt and the organic host would flatline in a very real way. And I will always put my money on the man who pays his way fairly over the conman who cheats and steals, and for this reason I declare Vitiate the victor of this thread.

The Ellimist

DarkTransfer69
I don't think you can put together one metaphor to illustrate your point but I welcome you to try, as me and goldslorg were able to!

the art of debate has always been about who is more convincing, and because fundamentally the nature of this topic is subjective as many topics are, ultimately, truth is found only in the mind of viewer, and thus, if one is able to articulate and illustrate their point more convincingly than another, does that not make them more correct, regardless of what the source material says, and if so, should we not count the use of metaphors as being chief among the indicators of debating prowess?

The Ellimist
Vitiate can dominate local areas of the dark side to do things like TP people (with prep ritual nexuses) and create lightning storms across a planet (same disclaimer). Tenebrous can hack into the source code of the Force itself to do things he isn't even supposed to do, and he figured this all out in a small fraction of the time Vitiate had. Even his master, to whom he is an astronomical superior, displays the ability to pop a galactic light side bubble formed by the collective Jedi Order while you go wank to Vitiate being able to bring down a big temple.

Vitiate = skilled normal user
Tenebrous = someone with root admin access, or at least some taste of it

DarkTransfer69
I go with ellimist until I hear a counter metaphor

Azronger
Yeah, Vitiate plays WoW by the rules. Tenebrous hacked into WoW, stole the game from the devs, and invented new rules. His new rules dictate that Vitiate loses this fight. Therefore, I declare Tenebrous the winner.

AncientPower
Tenebrous probably doesn't even beat Vaylin, who whilst chained tanks point blank explosions of hyperdrives with an instinctive barrier whilst also protecting a far flung Senya.

MythLord
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-nMhxPjRdzh8/W6DWh1Luy-I/AAAAAAAAIwk/V2EQnpQVlz8gNjg7-CsmfAVLsJGb7K0-QCL0BGAYYCw/h488/2018-09-18.png

AncientPower
It's honestly a better alter feat than anything Tenebrous or his predecessors can boast.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by gold slorg
Tenebrous has maxi-chlorians knowledge and can transcend to a new body. However, Vitiate has the Essence Transfer skill, which works essentially the same. So when Vitiate dies, his essence tries to overpower Tenebrous, but Tenebrous can counter with maxi-chlorians, forcing Vitiate to utilize Essence Transfer to overpower Tenebrous's maxi-chlorian skills, which in turn makes Tenebrous retaliate with maxi-chlorians again.

They are basically imprisoned in a huge loop forever, quite similar to the one seen in great movie Doctor Strange when the protagonist said the meme line:

- Dormamu, I've come to bargain!

But in this case, it's both Tenebrous and Vitiate bargaining to no end.
Midichlorians are relevant to a living being.

Darth Tenebrous devised a method to shift his essence into another living being (i.e. Tenebrous's maxi-chlorians invading the bloodstream of a living being), but could he achieve anything afterwards?

Darth Plagueis - after killing Tenebrous - spent substantial amount of time examining the behavior of the latter's Midichlorians. Tenebrous's maxi-chlorians had ample time to invade accordingly.

"Beside Tenebrous' corpse, as Plagueis carefully observed the vanishing of Tenebrous' midi-chlorians, maxi-chlorians were being subtly and invisibly carried across the intervening space to settle in Plagueis' eyes and mouth, on his skin and into an open wound on his back, where they entered the apprentice's bloodstream and slipped into his cells, releasing their viral cargo of Tenebrous' mind."

- Taken from The Tenebrous Way

Tenebrous failed to hollow out Plagueis afterwards, and at most, compromised the foresight of his Plagueis (or so he thought). When Plagueis perished at the hands of Palpatine, Tenebrous realized that he was doomed as well.

"The searing truth was driven home by the gathering darkness that clouded his borrowed foresight. Soon all he could see of the future was a hazy smear of shadow.... as the retrovirus he had become infected Plagueis' every cell. The retrovirus he had allowed to sacrifice his ability to gaze forward in time.... and had thus robbed his apprentice of his power to sense the future.

Which would seal his own doom as well.

His single-minded pursuit of eternal life and supreme power had accomplished only this. He would be destroyed by his own triumph.

Now wholly giving himself over to panic, Tenebrous turned his will upon undoing the damage he had done. With all his multiplied power, he yanked his maxi-chlorians back out from Plagueis' body in a spray of Force energy from his eyes, his mouth, the wound and every other cell. He had to think-he had to find a way out-or perhaps he didn't. Perhaps there

Perhaps the best he could hope for was the slow, inevitable extinction of his consciousness as his maxi-chlorians too faded and winked out. Then, at least, he would no longer have to squirm in the agony of his self-inflicted defeat....

If his maxi-chlorians were going to fade.

Because it dawned on him that he wasn't sure exactly how long the process should take, but he certainly didn't seem to be losing consciousness. He reached out with the Force-perhaps he could sense something. Anything. Or even contact Plagueis, somehow make his presence known, as his apprentice would never allow him to survive, no matter how reduced his powers might be....

But Plagueis wasn't here. Not only had Plagueis somehow vanished, Tenebrous could sense no trace of him ever having been here at all.... what was happening? How could this be?

The only trace of organic life Tenebrous could sense were some ancient mummified remains....

Of a Bith.

How long had he been here? How long would it take for every trace of Plagueis to vanish? Those remains were years old-decades, perhaps centuries old.

Tenebrous wondered, with dawning horror, if his retrovirus might have somehow mutated, if its effects on the maxi-chlorians might go somehow deeper than excision of foresight?

What if his eternal life would be.... this?"

- Taken from The Tenebrous Way

---

Tenebrae (Vitiate) transcended mortality and began to body hop consequently (i.e. Voices); Force entity.

What exactly can Tenebrous achieve in this contest with maxi-chlorians? Vitiate might destroy Tenebrous from a distance, and not bother with examining the latter's midichlorians (like Plagueis). Game over.

Even if Tenebrous somehow finds a way to infect the bloodstream of Vitiate's Voice, the former won't achieve anything because Vitiate's power would be overbearing and the latter can simply abandon ship if he sense any trouble within.

---

I fail to understand all the hype of Tenebrous lately.

The_Tempest
indeed

Azronger
laughing out loud

Vitiate
Wait, I thought had Tempest retired

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Vitiate
Wait, I thought had Tempest retired

Snark never retires.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by The_Tempest
indeed
As in Tenebrous's hype seem out of place, when revelations in the sources are contrasted with arguments from fans.

Maxi-chlorians was an impressive accomplishment (from Bith science standpoint) but they didn't translate into a game-changer for Tenebrous in the end.

Azronger
Darth Tenebrous vs Lana Beniko, LeGenD?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.