Questions/Concerns?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
So I was recently Modded, and all of the SW forums now fall under the 'umbrella' that I oversee.

Wanted to make this thread to see if there are any pertinent/realistic changes you guys would like to see made to these forums? Obviously major changes will have to come from Raz himself, so as I said, try to keep things realistic.

And it goes without saying, but I obviously cannot see everything that happens on these forums. So if any of you guys notice something that you think needs my attention, don't hesitate to PM me.

One Big Mob
Link all the respect threads to an op like DigitalMarcus did in the Respect forum. Leave it open so people can post links.

No Victor threads until he actually figures his shit out.

Jaggarath
Delete the forum.

Zenwolf
Aside from the obvious of following rules/guidelines, which a few threads don't seem to be doing...eh nothing comes to mind.

Galan007
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Link all the respect threads to an op like DigitalMarcus did in the Respect forum. Leave it open so people can post links.

No Victor threads until he actually figures his shit out. I like the idea of linking RTs for ease of access and whatnot. Some are very well done. thumb up

The victr spam-threads WILL be coming to a stop.

Originally posted by Jaggarath
Delete the forum. It wouldn't let me.

...I tried. ermm

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Aside from the obvious of following rules/guidelines, which a few threads don't seem to be doing...eh nothing comes to mind. This is another issue that will be sorted in days to come.

The Ellimist
Why no mod label?

One Big Mob
You should also copy and paste Ush's rules thread, and then delete the Ush thread

Azronger
While these things should have a limit (e.g. Kurk literally doxing DMB), I'd request that you allow trolling and shitposting for the most part. Much of KMC's charm comes from that. Also unban JKBart, ILS, and S_W_LeGenDofPT if that's within your power.

Jaggarath
Aside from the obvious of following rules/guidelines, which a few threads don't seem to be doing...eh nothing comes to mind.
Just be thankful versus threads are having discussion, lmao, if that's what you're referring to.

Jaggarath
Originally posted by Azronger
Also unban JKBart, ILS
thumb up

The Ellimist

Galan007
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Why no mod label? Apparently Raz has to make the mod tag separately. As of now, I have all the privileges of a forum mod, but I'm running under the radar as it were.

You should also copy and paste Ush's rules thread, and then delete the Ush thread laughing out loud

I will be making some edits to his thread soon enough, though.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Jaggarath
Just be thankful versus threads are having discussion, lmao, if that's what you're referring to.

Yeah? You can still have discussion with actual threads, rather than pointless ones or ones that literally have nothing to do with the forum.

Galan007
While these things should have a limit (e.g. Kurk literally doxing DMB), I'd request that you allow trolling and shitposting for the most part. Much of KMC's charm comes from that. Oh, I'm not going to go full Hitler in these forums... Things are going to stay how they are for the most part.

Excessive shitposting/rule violations is what I'll primarily be monitoring.

Also unban JKBart, ILS, and S_W_LeGenDofPT if that's within your power. Raz is -literally- the only person capable of unbanning people... And from what I've seen in the mod forum, he never unbans the banned.

It is unfortunate, because I wouldn't be opposed to them coming back... As long as they didn't go apeshit again.

One Big Mob
I think it was ILS who did the black person one. I saw the black guy one.
I never saw the Sand Person one though so I don't even think it was bad. And Star Wars related... so that's probably why he got banned - posting in the wrong forum.

Kurk2.1
Tell Bada to stop banning me cuz BackFire already pardoned me. He only permabanned be b/c he thought I was going to leak DMB's info (which I would never do btw -- remember, I'm like Vectivus -- know how to wield the dark-side but don't do it).

It's not like I'm posting c0cks all over the forums.

I respect mein fuhrer Galan/Thrawn. Glory to Arstotzka KMC.

StiltmanFTW
While these things should have a limit (e.g. Kurk literally doxing DMB), I'd request that you allow trolling and shitposting for the most part. Much of KMC's charm comes from that.

Yes, it does. Agreed.

Also unban JKBart, ILS, and S_W_LeGenDofPT if that's within your power.

Even globals can't do that. We don't have an actual co-admin yet.

Galan007
Thanks for allowing me to test my ban powers, Kurk. thumb up

NemeBro
Originally posted by Galan007
Thanks for allowing me to test my ban powers, Kurk. thumb up laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW

https://tinyurl.com/ych64r36

DarthSkywalker0
Galan is the best SW mod we could have had if I'm honest.

Galan007
Appreciate it, DS0. thumb up

And just so everyone is aware, in the mod forum Raz said that once he irons out some of the site's glitches, he plans on making a new SW forum for the new films. Hopefully he delivers, because we've obviously been needing that for a LONG time.

One Big Mob
New Star Wars sucks. It should be banned from the forums imo

In order of offenses, it should be above a nipple pic but below a cock shot.

Galan007
New Star Wars sucks. It should be banned from the forums imo

In order of offenses, it should be above a nipple pic but below a cock shot. This is a good point.

I'll pass the word along to Raz. thumb up

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Kurk2.1
Tell Bada to stop banning me cuz BackFire already pardoned me. He only permabanned be b/c he thought I was going to leak DMB's info (which I would never do btw -- remember, I'm like Vectivus -- know how to wield the dark-side but don't do it).

I respect mein fuhrer Galan/Thrawn. Glory to Arstotzka KMC.

It's more that you keep making multiple accounts, which is also against the rules and is also grounds for getting banned. Unless Raz is gonna change that, but it's what I'm seeing.

Galan007
I just banned 3 of his sock accounts in like an hour... And I expect there will be many more to come. There are better ways to prove you're innocent than spamming sock accounts.

Selenial

Zenwolf
Well I feel hurt. big grin stick out tongue But have fun there Galan with the hammer.

Galan007
Thanks, Sel. thumb up

My current plans are to get rid of the abundance of crap threads, and try to organize these forums the best I can. There hasn't been any true mod presence here for yearS, so it is quite an undertaking to say the least. And if/when Raz makes a new forum for the ST(and beyond), I'll have even more organizing to do. It'll all get sorted, though.

As others have said, the banter here is what makes the forums enjoyable. As long as it doesn't get out of hand and flagrantly violate the rules, I have no problem with it. You won't see me popping into threads and dishing out warnings unless my hand is forced, for example.

AncientPower
You could try having a more active role than moderating. Hosting tournaments, etc.

Darth Thor

laughing out loud

Good to have an active mod around these parts thumb up

Galan007
Originally posted by AncientPower
You could try having a more active role than moderating. Hosting tournaments, etc. Are Tourneys something you guys would be interested in? If so, I'd be more than happy to host.

NewGuy01
I think people'd say they'd be interested, but actually wouldn't.

victreebelvictr
It sounds like it would be interesting.

Galan007
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I think people'd say they'd be interested, but actually wouldn't. Same syndrome in the CBF. If there ends up being enough legitimate interest, though, I can definitely host.

Selenial

DarthSkywalker0
Just out of curiosity, is vicrtre a real original account or a sock?

Galan007
His sock check was clean.

victreebelvictr
Why is this a curiosity to you people?

Oh well.

Badabing
It's more that you keep making multiple accounts, which is also against the rules and is also grounds for getting banned. Unless Raz is gonna change that, but it's what I'm seeing. Bingo. thumb up Originally posted by Kurk2.1

I respect mein fuhrer Galan/Thrawn. Glory to Arstotzka KMC. Your best bet is to PM Backfire for his "pardon", and then PM Galan with Backfire's message, or simply post it in an active thread. But you felt entitled to keep making accounts when mods had no clarification. So you were banned, again.

I may keep banning his accounts regardless. mmm

Galan007
Originally posted by Badabing
Bingo. thumb up Your best bet is to PM Backfire for his "pardon", and then PM Galan with Backfire's message, or simply post it in an active thread. But you felt entitled to keep making accounts when mods had no clarification. So you were banned, again.

I may keep banning his accounts regardless. mmm Indeed. thumb up

One Big Mob
Kurk's a sack of crap anyway. No one ever said "I can't wait to see that latest Kurk post" or "Boy howdy I wonder what Kurk thinks of this subject?"

Whether he stays or gets banned, makes no difference. It's not like he knows anything anyway except how to convey a real sense of being a creep online.

Galan007
You weren't a fan of his hand drawn Dooku/Raven hentai artwork?

NewGuy01
His sock check was clean.

I mean, its not hard to get around those, but I digress.

One Big Mob
You weren't a fan of his hand drawn Dooku/Raven hentai artwork? Glad I didn't see that

Jesus...

Galan007
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I mean, its not hard to get around those, but I digress.
You're absolutely right. The sock filter is an archaic joke, tbh. Raz was asked if the anti-sock filters could be upgraded, so we'll see if anything happens.

I've PMd victr about his spam threads. He knows what is expected regardless.

DarkTransfer69
Would I have permission to host my own SW tournament and then host a series of threads stemming from the sign up thread?

Galan007
Please start a participation thread first to see if there would be enough legitimate interest in a Tourney. If there is enough interest, feel free to make subsequent Tourney-based threads. Let me know if you need anything pinned.

victreebelvictr
Galan, should I stop PMing you and just post complaints on this or does either work for you.

Which one is less work on your part?

Galan007
This thread is only meant for me to get a gauge on what you guys might like to see happen with these forums, and try to accommodate as best I can.

If you have any legitimate issues/complaints, feel free to PM me. That goes for everyone.

Kurk2.7
Hey buddy smile

victreebelvictr
Okay that works, thanks.

Galan007
Where the forum rules are concerned-

Is there anything that you guys feel needs to be amended, redacted, or explicitly spelled out?

Jaggarath
can send tiddie pic?

Galan007
I feel like "tiddie" is Antspeak for "butthole". So... I'll pass. ermmnone

NewGuy01
i don't understand how you came to that conclusion

Galan007
Ant

victreebelvictr
Why would you even ask that?

Galan007
Ant is a real heathen.

victreebelvictr
Who is this idiot?

Jaggarath
Originally posted by Time_is_ticking
Two strikes left. Ban me twice more and I'm releasing Quanchi's info; not to mention a hellstorm that'll last well until this site recieves modern updates.

I require an answer in this thread.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/02/40/63/024063548d1bf8688d513231209815a4.gif
LMFAO

kurk lowkey winning the heart of kmc

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Time_is_ticking
Two strikes left. Ban me twice more and I'm releasing Quanchi's info; not to mention a hellstorm that'll last well until this site recieves modern updates.

I require an answer in this thread.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/02/40/63/024063548d1bf8688d513231209815a4.gif Is this even a threat lmao

Nobody's gunna do a thing to quan except laugh. How will Galan get over Quan's identity being released?

DarkTransfer69
Is there an appropriate area where we can post our Star Wars fan fiction, perhaps in a dedicated fan fiction thread?

Azronger
Since you made an RT index, could you make a thread for all the legendary debates of the past?

Galan007
If enough people would like me to make/pin such a thread, I have no problem doing it.

victreebelvictr
I would fine it useful if you created an index on pat arguements.

This would be useful for the fact that it would give all members multiple examples in case they need to know more about a specific topic and the ride to take with it.

For example, in the thread Darth Traya(Lazybones) vs. Darth Malgus(Slayne), it would be a help for those who are discussing the topic of Darth Traya.

If someone in the future is discussing Darth Traya vs. Freedon Nadd, then they would use this thread to grab examples and ways they should format their arguement.

Galan007
Unsticking.

If anything else comes to mind, feel free to post it here.

Galan007
So when Raz last posted in the mod lounge, he said that he planned on updating the SW forums in order to accommodate the newer media and such.

Aside from a new forum dedicated to the ST(and beyond) are there any other changes to the SW forum layout that you guys would like to see happen? That way IF Raz actually comes back I can try to push those changes.

gold slorg
Honestly, if anything, this layout would be the best

- Star Wars: TV Series and Movies
- Star Wars: Literature and Expanded Universe
- Star Wars: Versus

right now there are two separate forums for Original Trilogy and Prequel Trilogy, which is nonsense, especially given there is now also the Sequel Trilogy. The TV boards and OT boards are insanely small and it's not worth it keeping them separate.

If anything, at least this setup:
- TV series
- Movies
- EU
- Versus

would be better.

Versus should be outside EU boards and be given its separate board, it's insanely large. Dividing all the trilogies and TV into separate boards is pointless, they are too small.

victreebelvictr

Galan007
Originally posted by gold slorg
Honestly, if anything, this layout would be the best

- Star Wars: TV Series and Movies
- Star Wars: Literature and Expanded Universe
- Star Wars: Versus

right now there are two separate forums for Original Trilogy and Prequel Trilogy, which is nonsense, especially given there is now also the Sequel Trilogy. The TV boards and OT boards are insanely small and it's not worth it keeping them separate.

If anything, at least this setup:
- TV series
- Movies
- EU
- Versus

would be better.

Versus should be outside EU boards and be given its separate board, it's insanely large. Dividing all the trilogies and TV into separate boards is pointless, they are too small. I understand your logic for wanting to consolidate some of the forums, but Raz seems pretty... Nostalgic when it comes to the SW forums(they're basically what he built this entire site on back in 2000), so I would be very surprised if he were willing to remove/combine any of the existing forums. I highly doubt he'd be willing to make a singular PT+OT+ST forum, for example.

I would definitely like to see the Versus and Literature & Expanded Universe forums be their own entities, though.

Zenwolf
While keeping them SW battles, ahem...as in both combatants are from SW and no ridiculous ones either.

Galan007
Obviously.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.