Questions/Concerns?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
So I was recently Modded, and the Anime/Manga forums now fall under the 'umbrella' that I oversee.

Wanted to make this thread to see if there are any pertinent/realistic changes you guys would like to see made to these forums? Obviously major changes will have to come from Raz himself, so as I said, try to keep things realistic.

Galan007
Since the rules in these forums haven't been updated since 2005, is there anything you guys would like to see explicitly spelled out in my upcoming revamped rules thread to help avoid confusion in the future?

NemeBro
Ban cdtm

bbrem123
I second this ^

Galan007
I am considering an "anime/manga only" rule that would disallow cross-company threads/discussions like Goku vs. Superman here, for example. Imo, those types of threads should be exclusive to the Foreign Cinema/cross-company forum.

Thoughts?

NemeBro
That rule should frankly be universal tbh, but I fear that the forum's traffic might honestly be too dead atm to justify enforcing it.

All the various versus subforums have their own little communities and cliques, and don't particularly venture outside of them. SW Versus' community in particular has no use for all versus.

For this subforum though, all the members do essentially also purview All Versus, so there shouldn't be any real harm, and would at least contain cdtm's shitposting for the most part.

victreebelvictr
I think we should allow cross comparably threads, as long as it is kept to a minimum.

cdtm
I have some more serious comments, but I'd like to open up with:

Can the Superman vs Goku thread please be grandfathered in, as a well
worn landmark of a bygone era? It totally conflicts with the rules of the time, but it's also a uniquely successful breach, coming on the heels of the major Death Battle thing (And Carver made it, so not trying to justify my own breach of the rules.)

Think of it as the "dive bar" version of "geneal discussion"?

One Big Mob
Carver didn't make it, Dambo did. They might seem like the same guy in everyway, but one starts with a C, and one a D.

Galan007
Originally posted by cdtm
I have some more serious comments, but I'd like to open up with:

Can the Superman vs Goku thread please be grandfathered in, as a well
worn landmark of a bygone era? It totally conflicts with the rules of the time, but it's also a uniquely successful breach, coming on the heels of the major Death Battle thing (And Carver made it, so not trying to justify my own breach of the rules.)

Think of it as the "dive bar" version of "geneal discussion"? Or I could move those threads to the Foreign Cinema/All Versus forum, and you could continue the discussions there. smile

victreebelvictr
Fair enough. laughing

Galan007
Unsticking.

If anything else comes to mind, feel free to post it here.

cdtm
I just want to say, this is a clean slate. As far as I'm concerned, no hard feelings.

As the most trolled guy on anime/manga, lets have a fresh start. thumb up

victreebelvictr

Galan007
I honestly do not have any ill will against anyone here, and I certainly am not going to 'go after' anyone in particular just because I'm a mod now, lol.

As long as there are no issues, things will proceed as normal. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.