Predators (2010) or The Predator (2018)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

robotflug
Between these two sequels, what movie did you like better. Predators had a serious tone and style more accurate to the classic movies, while The Predator is an action-comedy with horror elements.

Which one do you prefer?.

Impediment
I've not yet seen it, but I've been told by four friends that The Predator was dog shit.

Predators was okay.

-Pr-
Predators is a better film in general, and I can say with some certainty that I preferred that and am unlikely to change my mind.

Myth
This is an easy choice for me. I actually like Predators quite a bit, while I loathed The Predator. I thought The Predator was worse than AVP:R. I was legit angry (a rarity for me) at how much they tried to change the lore and strategies of the predator, and have a laundry list of issues with it.

StiltmanFTW
Going by what people say here (including the most positive posts), Predators was far superior.

And it doesn't help how The Predator gets lower and lower on RT with each day:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_predator/

While Predators is pretty ok there:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10012256_predators

----
I'm not sure I want to see it at this point, tbh.

Myth
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Going by what people say here (including the most positive posts), Predators was far superior.

And it doesn't help how The Predator gets lower and lower on RT with each day:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_predator/

While Predators is pretty ok there:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10012256_predators

----
I'm not sure I want to see it at this point, tbh.

I thought the critics on RT were generous.

-Pr-
YMMV, but I read that apparently Shane Black's version was hacked to bits by the studio, which explains several things that make no sense in the movie itself. Either that or he worked with a piss-poor editor.

Myth
Originally posted by -Pr-
YMMV, but I read that apparently Shane Black's version was hacked to bits by the studio, which explains several things that make no sense in the movie itself. Either that or he worked with a piss-poor editor.

The editing was bad, but there was also some things that were in there that were so dumb that they can't be the editors fault. Though I heard the studios pushed for that final sequence, which was painfully bad and felt separate from the rest of the movie.

HulkIsHulk
Fox and WB studio execs seems to have ideas of what is an entertaining movie that are actually the exact opposite.
Marvel Studios must have hired all the good ones are some of the decent bad ones, leaving the rest with very little talent and more posers

Robtard
Predators was a decent addiction to the franchise and can stand repeat viewings.

The Predator wasn't very good at all. Tidbits of decent action here and there, but the story line seemed to have been written by a 15yo. I'm okay never watching this film again.

Estacado
Predators is better and I didn't even like that movie....

robotflug
Originally posted by Robtard
Predators was a decent addiction to the franchise and can stand repeat viewings.

The Predator wasn't very good at all. Tidbits of decent action here and there, but the story line seemed to have been written by a 15yo. I'm okay never watching this film again.

It's sad The Predator had to be an action-comedy, too much forced jokes. I like Predators as it was true to the two classic Predator movies.

Patient_Leech
Haven't seen The Predator yet. But I really like Predators. It even has decent re-watchability.

Not that it doesn't have its flaws, but man it sounds like The Predator has got some major flaws.

And it would have made sense to make this thread a poll. Opportunity lost.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Myth
The editing was bad, but there was also some things that were in there that were so dumb that they can't be the editors fault. Though I heard the studios pushed for that final sequence, which was painfully bad and felt separate from the rest of the movie.

Oh, I wasn't just saying it was the studio, just that they possibly took something that was already not-so great and somehow made it worse.

That end sequence was definitelely not Shane Black's, i'd wager.

riv6672

Darth Martin
Outside of the actual Yautja stuff Predators was actually pretty entertaining. Everything about The Predator was garbage.

riv6672
^^^thumb up cool

carthage
Predators by a slight
For different reasons it was much truer to lore and had better action

riv6672
^^^agreed.
A lot of ppl seemed surprised at the action adventure tone of the new movie.
Did they not see the trailers?
I knew what i was getting into when i sat down, it seemed pretty obvious.

Khazra Reborn
Aside from the fact that Adrian Brody sounded like he gargled toxic waste whenever he spoke, I liked Predators. The Predator was... Not great.

carthage

carthage

riv6672
Walton Goggins stole the show for me in Predators, followed closely by Topher Grace.

DarthPlaguis12

davidguttermans
The Predator (2018) it has more action than the previous one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.