How the Clintons became rich

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
https://www.npr.org/2016/08/17/490102648/the-clintons-wrote-the-book-on-how-politicians-climb-out-of-middle-class

Pretty interesting look at how valuable a presidential term is on someone's resume. It literally made them rich.

57 speech's a year, book deals..

I wonder if unpopular presidents make as good, though? Possibly not, if no one wants to hear them speak..

Silent Master
Like most politicians, they are incredibly corrupt.

Kurk2.7
Ted Cruz and his Goldman Sachs GM wife is my favorite couple.

cdtm
Originally posted by Silent Master
Like most politicians, they are incredibly corrupt.

I don't doubt it.

But making money from speech's and books after your retire.. Is that really corrupt?

I mean, is making money corrupt? Their job is behind them, after all. No conflict there.

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm
I don't doubt it.

But making money from speech's and books after your retire.. Is that really corrupt?

I mean, is making money corrupt? Their job is behind them, after all. No conflict there.

I guess you could make the argument it's not corrupt if they stayed the f*ck out of politics after their jobs.

Did they? Lol no.

cdtm
But again, Hillary's deal is neither here nor there on what Bill did. Politicians write book deals and give speech's all the time.

Now, Jesse Ventura writing a book DURING his tenure, and accepting a job for the goodarned XFL, THAT is corrupt as sin.

Surtur
At this point I'm just wondering what sane person wants to sit down and listen to Hillary or Bil give a speech, let alone what organization would wanna pay them 5-6 figures to do so.

Surtur

snowdragon
https://www.npr.org/2016/08/17/490102648/the-clintons-wrote-the-book-on-how-politicians-climb-out-of-middle-class

Pretty interesting look at how valuable a presidential term is on someone's resume. It literally made them rich.

I wonder if unpopular presidents make as good, though? Possibly not, if no one wants to hear them speak..

Anyone that has been in business knows that your relationships are as important as your product. Bill is very charismatic and knows his audience, he has built his brand.

Hillary hasn't been as successful with her branding but is also successful by building off of the Clinton brand.

Do I believe there is some dishonesty and political play in their money, yes very much so but they are successful and know how the game the system.

Love em or hate em I take my hat off to the clintons for their success.

Surtur
Yep they played the game well. At this point though I don't see why they don't just stop? They are both 70+ years old. Already have more money than most will earn in several lifetimes.

cdtm
It's about leaving a legacy at this point.

Surtur
It's about leaving a legacy at this point.

I think they have already left it, I don't know how many more speeches will help.

Silent Master
I don't doubt it.

Depends on whether or not some of those speech fees are their payoffs for what they did while in power.

BackFire
Originally posted by Surtur
Yep they played the game well. At this point though I don't see why they don't just stop? They are both 70+ years old. Already have more money than most will earn in several lifetimes.

As far as Bill goes, he's so good at public speaking and giving speeches I imagine he genuinely likes doing it, which is reason enough to continue.

It's like an author or a filmmaker continuing to write books or make movies until they die, despite the fact that they have enough money to retire years prior. They'd rather just continue doing what they're passionate about.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Surtur
I guess you could make the argument it's not corrupt if they stayed the f*ck out of politics after their jobs.

Did they? Lol no. An incredibly retarded statement to make when this country is a democratic republic

Robtard
Originally posted by Tzeentch
An incredibly retarded statement to make when this country is a democratic republic

Bingo

Robtard

If you listen to blockheads like TI, then the Clintons became rich by stealing from the White House, silverware, lamps, etc.

Probably has a lot to do with how good of an orator the person is, along with popularity. eg I'm sure if Bush Jr where a better public speaker, he'd have had more offers after he stepped down as POTUS.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Tzeentch
An incredibly retarded statement to make when this country is a democratic republic

I think Surtur was hinting at anti-corruption ideas.

However, I don't see the direct connection. All I know is, anti-corruption activists are particular about what politicians can do after pretending to leave politics.

Surtur, explain your post so I can argue with you or agree with you! mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.