Deathstroke gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Deathstroke takes on the following characters, one at a time.

Full gear, Ikon suit. No rest between rounds:

1. Wolverine.

2. Spider-Man.

3. Deadpool.

4. Storm.

5. Fantomex.

6. Midnighter.

If he clears it, he fights them all at the same time.

shiv
DS Sails Through 1 2 3

DS Terminated at 4

5 DS cuts him in half

6 No Chance

cdtm
4. Storm would beat the Ikon, you think?

6. How? Door?

Doesn't DS have a teleporter?

victreebelvictr
Stops at four

cdtm
How?

DarkSaint85
He can be suffocated

cdtm
Slade doesn't have an oxygen supply under that mask? He didn't outlast Bruce underwater because of it?

All those plot devices, the Ikon jammer, the shield siphoning gauntlets, and all Batman really needed was the garden variety gas pellets. evil face

victreebelvictr
I changed my mind, he clears but he can't clear all at once.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by cdtm
Slade doesn't have an oxygen supply under that mask? He didn't outlast Bruce underwater because of it?

All those plot devices, the Ikon jammer, the shield siphoning gauntlets, and all Batman really needed was the garden variety gas pellets. evil face

Not when she can rip the air from his lungs......

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Not when she can rip the air from his lungs......

Won't the shield prevent that?

shiv
4. Storm would beat the Ikon, you think?

6. How? Door?

Doesn't DS have a teleporter?

DS is going to be functionally blind with no equilibrium, not knowing left from right and up from down... ragdolling 00 feet up in thick pea soup fog in a tornado made just for him with a rotational speed of 135 m/s or higher (RL standard speed for a healthy twister).

DS is going to be going round and round and up and down at a rate of 20 turns per second in Storms freak tornado specially made just for him - to fit him like a glove - and stick on him like glue. Not a wide 250 ft twister with all the forces spread out over a large area, a freak one like only a weather wizard, weather witch or a weather god can create.

She'll have a jetstream swing down, accelerate... and smack that Twister, DS, Ikon Tech & All smack bam into the ground with enough force to drive straw through steel plate.

And she's going to do it again and again until theres nothing left to smash.

Or she just lets him have it with the hammer.

He takes the sword out of his hand stabs his good eye with it.

cdtm
The Ikon tanked Superman's punch's, and the backlash bloodied his hands. I'm not sure Storm could crack it open.

Slade, otoh, can eventually staff blast her.

shiv
how can DS staff blast what he can not see

cdtm
Originally posted by shiv
how can DS staff blast what he can not see

AI assisted targeting, vision enhancements.

But really, I just figure if Storm can't defeat the suit, she'll either wear herself out, or suffer an omni-directional backlash just like Superman did.

Senor Cage
Slade has fought blind before. I say he stops at 5. Fantomex misdirection will prevail.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Senor Cage
Slade has fought blind before. I say he stops at 5. Fantomex misdirection will prevail.

He was pretty shit at it, though. Needed a seeing eye dog and everything.

cdtm
He's no Iron Fist or Daredevil, that's for sure.

Come to think of it, doesn't he have a cybernetic eye now?

shiv
What co-ordination is DS going to have at 20+ Non Uniform Revolutions Per Second (1/20th of a second the wrist on his right hand is going to be hit with a 306 mph gust of wind while his elbow is being hit with a325 gust of wind angled 1 degree off the gust at the wrist the next 1/20th of a second, where his wrist has been pushed it's now being hit with a 400mph thread of wind angled 10 degrees up + veering inward... and thats just his right forearm - even DS and his super brain is gonna be abbo dabbo addled he's gonna have all kinds of tissue damage inside the ikon suit) and that includes brain tissue damage.

he's going to be doing a baseline 20 rotations /s minimum (Based on RL Weather)

With debri smacking into him

IRL Tornadoes pick up debri and churn it

The Pea Soup Fog

Debri flying at his face through every 1 of his (baseline) 20 revolutions / second

DS is not going to be seeing anything unless being hit in the face by hundreds of bits of flying debri counts (the Ikon suit will be throwing them back which is great but it is going to be no help at all for his vision if he hasn't blacked out already in seconds.

She'll be slammin him down and picking him up with more dirt - and theres nothing he can do about it except a blind teleport.

The magic staff, does it come with a spell of protection which specifies it can not under any circumstances harm its owner?

DS survives longer if it does.

He'll be minced in a minute if it doesn't.

cdtm
This is assuming the shield doesn't just absorb the kinetic energy, the same way it did Supermans fist.

That didn't send him flying, so why would a tornado? (Hah, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Still gonna crack the puzzle of how Iron Fists beats the damned shield, even if it take ten years.)

wuleecat
I don't know really where DS stops (suspect it would need all of them tbh) but that picture you're painting of Storm mangling the crap out of people with tornadoes as battering rams is very scary, and one that it would be cool to see more of in the actual comics rather than the usual slightly lame stuff she summons up before inevitably getting tagged by some idiot well below her on the skills-chart.

DarkSaint85
I was thinking more of this:

http://i.imgur.com/4wCU9c9.jpg

So she's controlling the air flow. The shield won't block that.

Btw, the backlash Superman suffered was due to them being in an enclosed space.

shiv
BINGO!

This is assuming the shield doesn't just absorb the kinetic energy, the same way it did Supermans fist.

That didn't send him flying, so why would a tornado? (Hah, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Still gonna crack the puzzle of how Iron Fists beats the damned shield, even if it take ten years.)

Storms Powers Impact The Man Inside The Suit

And They Act On The Field Around The Suit

When The Fight starts he'll be stationary

When Storm pulls air from behind him and above him and to the side of him... he's gonna start spinning.

Nothing caught up in that non uniform air pressure system is going to be able to stay on the ground and stop spinning. He'll have kinetic force acting on multiple spots he'll repel that and there'll be air being pulled away from him in different directions turning his this way and that.

With storm warping air pressure around it like a God.

The Ikon suit is going to be ragdolling at a furious pace.

Originally posted by wuleecat
I don't know really where DS stops (suspect it would need all of them tbh) but that picture you're painting of Storm mangling the crap out of people with tornadoes as battering rams is very scary, and one that it would be cool to see more of in the actual comics rather than the usual slightly lame stuff she summons up before inevitably getting tagged by some idiot well below her on the skills-chart.

Hey WuleeCat!

I Hear That!

cdtm
I was thinking more of this:

http://i.imgur.com/4wCU9c9.jpg

So she's controlling the air flow. The shield won't block that.

Btw, the backlash Superman suffered was due to them being in an enclosed space.

Well, it blocks shockwaves from explosions, so I figure it should do the same for hurricanes or tornados.

If you mean she'd just cut off the air supply, drawing away air to create a vaccume, then sure. The same way it doesn't stop passives like sound flow, yet would likely block the Canary Cry. Or block Dr. Lights beams, yet let normal illumination pass between the barrier.

In that case, he can simply blast her before it takes hold (Assuming he doesn't have an oxygen tank built into the suit. I honestly don't know if he does.)

shiv
ha ha ha she is killin him

she is killin him like Muwahahahaha

DarkSaint85
Well, it blocks shockwaves from explosions, so I figure it should do the same for hurricanes or tornados.

If you mean she'd just cut off the air supply, drawing away air to create a vaccume, then sure. The same way it doesn't stop passives like sound flow, yet would likely block the Canary Cry. Or block Dr. Lights beams, yet let normal illumination pass between the barrier.

In that case, he can simply blast her before it takes hold (Assuming he doesn't have an oxygen tank built into the suit. I honestly don't know if he does.)

The suit only blocks kinetic energy. His sword is what defends against energy attacks.

DarkSaint85
Also: https://i.postimg.cc/ftct7hw4/Air_Lungs.jpg

It doesn't matter if his suit has an oxygen supply. The oxygen will never reach his lungs, because Storm can control that air.

cdtm
Also: https://i.postimg.cc/ftct7hw4/Air_Lungs.jpg

It doesn't matter if his suit has an oxygen supply. The oxygen will never reach his lungs, because Storm can control that air.

Ohhhh.. So we're talking Swamp Thing levels of control here.

Very interesting.

A few questions:

1. Do you believe the sword would block the Canary Cry?

2. If the kinetic shield doesn't block energy, how could he survive in the middle of an explosion, unscathed? Say, from a rocket? That's more then simple Kinetic energy, there's also heat, burning oxygen, radiation, and other things he'd need to ride through.

3. If this was Storms go-to, do you see this as a "QuickDraw"? Slade is still enhanced, and Storm is not. She has the advantage of not needing to aim, and possibly needs to make less gross movements. And he dropped a small team before a man could cut fully through his son's through, with the blade pressed against it.

So, first to drop the other?

Vanguard
He can be suffocated

Dood that's the easy answer.

nono

DarkSaint85
Ohhhh.. So we're talking Swamp Thing levels of control here.

Very interesting.

A few questions:

1. Do you believe the sword would block the Canary Cry?

2. If the kinetic shield doesn't block energy, how could he survive in the middle of an explosion, unscathed? Say, from a rocket? That's more then simple Kinetic energy, there's also heat, burning oxygen, radiation, and other things he'd need to ride through.

3. If this was Storms go-to, do you see this as a "QuickDraw"? Slade is still enhanced, and Storm is not. She has the advantage of not needing to aim, and possibly needs to make less gross movements. And he dropped a small team before a man could cut fully through his son's through, with the blade pressed against it.

So, first to drop the other?
Yeah - she's quite powerful. She can also flash freeze:

https://i.postimg.cc/FYzLMqxc/Flash_Freeze2.jpg

Or just control the electricity in his suit/brain:
http://i.imgur.com/0FdTjIl.jpg

Yes, that's Mr Sinister.

1. Yes. Whilst logically it should be an AoE attack, BC seems to use it like a laser (so people standing to her side, for example, never seem to be harmed).

2. Comics. He also has a HF, so perhaps that helps him?

3. Possibly. Or just encase him in ice (which was strong enough to encase Colossus):
http://i.imgur.com/suI5Lx6.jpg

cdtm
Suffocate him, hack his brain, freeze him. Storms finally been given the standard issue X amp, I see. smile

Slade's best bet is his speed. And if you read the Batman/Deathstroke series,
you know he hunted down a character with super speed, who can manipulate energy (Good enough to counteract an instant teleport initiated by Batman.)

As he was ready for his epic final battle, Slade simply pulls his gun and shoots him in the head. The guy was charged up, rearing to go, with Slade right in front of him, so it's a feat, imo.

shiv
You Have Fought Well cdtm

Vanguard
Originally posted by shiv
You Have Fought Well cdtm

laughing

cdtm
When it comes to fighting losing battles, I will never hold a candle to Carver.

Unlike me, he doesn't know how to quit.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah - she's quite powerful. She can also flash freeze:

https://i.postimg.cc/FYzLMqxc/Flash_Freeze2.jpg

FLASH FREEZE BELOW ZERO

AGE OF CARVER IS UPON US

carver9
Lol... the starting distance makes this fight a massacre in Storm favor.

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
Lol... the starting distance makes this fight a massacre in Storm favor.

How far do you think Slade can shoot? confused

We're not talking ten miles here. Nowhere near sniper range. A good handgun can reach, easy.

Half a kilometer is nothing a real life marksman can't cover, let alone a "comic book good" expert with a laser staff.

StiltmanFTW
Show me that staff having the range you're talking about.

cdtm
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Show me that staff having the range you're talking about.

Seriously?

A bullet is lethal at hundreds to thousands of yards. The problem is aiming at long distances, because of physics.

You really don't think a comic laser, powerful enough to take out Superboy, can reach 1000-2000 feet?

Slade definitely carries conventional guns that can cover that.

carver9
How far do you think Slade can shoot? confused

We're not talking ten miles here. Nowhere near sniper range. A good handgun can reach, easy.

Half a kilometer is nothing a real life marksman can't cover, let alone a "comic book good" expert with a laser staff.

She blocks it...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30174/2578006-xmworldsapart04page014.jpg

And then she throws this on top of his skull...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30174/4387565-5161242424-27040.jpg

cdtm
Put another way, there are videos of people hitting a target at 1000
yards, with a handgun.

Those are just about impossible to repeat. Most marksmen couldn't hit 100
yards consistently.

But this is comics. 1000 yards, I'd bet anyone from Castle to Wildcat can do that.

I can "try" and find proof, if you want. I'm just really lazy, and figured 1200 feet or so perfect accuracy with a Super People killing weapon would be a gimmie.

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
She blocks it...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30174/2578006-xmworldsapart04page014.jpg

And then she throws this on top of his skull...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30174/4387565-5161242424-27040.jpg

Good one. I'll credit this, it's impressive.

Scott also is not Slade. He could beat Scott to the punch, every time.

Same way he match's Deadshot, shot for shot. Bullet hitting bullet.

Same way he hits speedsters, Flash's, Superboy, Supergirl.

StiltmanFTW
Seriously?

A bullet is lethal at hundreds to thousands of yards. The problem is aiming at long distances, because of physics.

You really don't think a comic laser, powerful enough to take out Superboy, can reach 1000-2000 feet?

Slade definitely carries conventional guns that can cover that.

It's not a laser. It's a weakass energy beam that dissipates quicker than we can drink a beer.

cdtm
It's not a laser. It's a weakass energy beam that dissipates quicker than we can drink a beer.

Weak? eek!

Hasn't the thing taken Supergirl for a loop? How weak could it be?

StiltmanFTW
It pushes them away, never does any harm.

Slade is the least effective killer around, carrying useless toys.

cdtm
It pushes them away, never does any harm.

Slade is the least effective killer around, carrying useless toys.

Admit it, this scene was hilarious. wink

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

It was. Should be happening more often.

carver9
Good one. I'll credit this, it's impressive.

Scott also is not Slade. He could beat Scott to the punch, every time.

Same way he match's Deadshot, shot for shot. Bullet hitting bullet.

Same way he hits speedsters, Flash's, Superboy, Supergirl.

Yes. I want to see a scan of him quickly shooting someone from the starting distance with a kill shot before they had the chance to react.

DarkSaint85
Lol tbf, cdtm just did that

shiv
A Talkative Villain

Dropped While Monologuing

Bullock could have fired that shot and had time to dunk a donut

carver9
Lol tbf, cdtm just did that

What page are the scans.?

DarkSaint85
This page lol.

Stoic
Storm can put up a dense fog making it very difficult to see her. I think that this would be her fight to lose.

carver9
This page lol.

How far off were they?

cdtm
Seriously though, Slade's carried scoped guns in his pants since the Judas Contract, and maybe before. He's pulled full snipers out of nowhere.

Why couldn't he simply shoot Storm, with his enhanced reflex's and near perfect aim?

cdtm
Bumped because I was reading Judas Contract, btw. And I realized something.

1980's comics were kind of creepy. Marv Wolfman basically heavily implied Terra and Slader were sleeping together, even though she was only 16 (Terra's the one who kept calling him "lover". Marv could just say she was insane, if called on it, but Slade sure didn't deny it..)

Rage.Of.Olympus
Storm has enhanced reflexes IIRC and can shoot lightning out of her hands even through atmospheric manipulation, not just from the Sky (She once blocked Cyclop's beam at point-blank range so it's not as if that isn't sufficient in itself):
https://i.imgur.com/jfCR8vu.jpg

I don't think Slade has any business fighting Storm who has shown planetary power on more than one occasion. She's very much like Magneto; a mutant elemental who is a glass cannon. If she got create some sort of electromagnetic force field, she could give elites some challenge (Her limitation is that she's capped at Mother Nature).

cdtm
Rage, she's absolutely above him in power. I'm not disputing that.

That's kind of his thing, though, Some of the Teen Titan members, like Raven and Terra were ridiculously powerful. Terra could, for example, tap a volcano nearly 100 miles away from their fight, as she's controlling the entire earth around them.

It's in prep, gear, and smarts that he makes up the difference. Electrical storm? Whip out the Promethium sword. The thing can absorb Supermans hear vision, and just about any energy source (That's also a speed feat, bringing up the sword in time to block the hv)

If he's in range, he can throw the sword, and if Storm guesses wrong with her defensive attempt, she'll eat it. It should cut right through magnetic or energy based shields.

In fact, I believe he even carries guns with promethium bullets.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.