The Eternals (2021)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
Checked the horrid search function and found nothing... If this is a dupe thread then I'll have Imp merge.

A director has been found...

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/the-eternals-marvel-chloe-zhao-the-rider-director-1202952543/

Inhuman
RUMOR. LUKE EVANS AND MILLIE BOBBY BROWN IN THE ETERNAL FILM

According to this rumor, actor Luke Evans would be in the running for a part in the Marvel Studios cinefumetto . The actor could end up playing the character of Hercules...

Also, according to these rumors, Millie Bobby Brown of Stranger Things would already be in the cast of the film as Sprite . The character in question, in the comics, is a boy of male sex but, according to indiscretions, he will be a little girl, instead, in the film adaptation of Marvel Studios

https://cinema.everyeye.it/notizie/rumor-luke-evans-millie-bobby-brown-nel-film-sugli-eterni-369565.html

Kazenji
Angelina Jolie is in talks to join this movie.

BruceSkywalker
richard madden to play Ikaris....

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/richard-madden-eternals-1203207844/

BrolyBlack
So they mean the Eternals meaning the race of Thanos?

Kazenji
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
richard madden to play Ikaris....

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/richard-madden-eternals-1203207844/

Are they still trying to make the MCU version homosexual?

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Kazenji

Quan's been petitioning. HARD. wink

BruceSkywalker

im assuming so since marvel wants lgbtq characters going forward..

Originally posted by BrolyBlack

yes lmao

StiltmanFTW
Angelina Jolie is in talks to join this movie.

Sersi?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BrolyBlack

Yes and no.

Thanos is from Titan Eternals and he's also a mutant of sorts, as he has got Deviant DNA in him.

This film, if I understand correctly, will be about Earth Eternals... they're not much connected with Thanos.

Then again, in immortal words of Carver the Ninth... ETERNAL IS ETERNAL durhulk

ares834
The Eternals ****in suck. They are a worse version of the Inhumans who are, in turn, basically a worse version of the X-men.

tkitna
Originally posted by ares834
The Eternals ****in suck. They are a worse version of the Inhumans who are, in turn, basically a worse version of the X-men.

Agreed. I cant believe they screwed up the Inhumans royally and are going to give the freaking Eternals the big screen treatment.

Kazenji
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Sersi?

That's what people on the internet seem to guess who she could be.

Bentley
The Eternals have a lot of untapped potential but I feel that the Thor background already kind of blends with the Marvel Eternals a bit

Dr Will Hatch

They are nothing like either of those titles. If anything, they're Marvel's version of the New Gods.

ares834
Sure they are. They are yet another mutant offshoot with unique powers. Though, yes, they tend to have different types of stories.

Kazenji
Sounds like they're trying to make Hercules an Eternal...Meh, I'd rather they just stick to the character's that are the actual Eternal's from the comics.

Flyattractor
The Eternals area bout to get full WOKE!

Kazenji
Whatever Woke means. I guess that's your favorite word now since SJW has gotten kinda old for you.

Flyattractor
Wow. Really? You are gonna act like you don't know what WOKE Means.

That is just Sad Kazzy but then you are a shillcuck... so I don't expect you to be all that knowledgeable really.

Sad.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Wow. Really? You are gonna act like you don't know what WOKE Means.

I seriously don't

best all i can find through Google is something to do with Black Lives matter.

BruceSkywalker
more cast announcements i'll assume coming soon, prolly during disney expo

Flyattractor
I seriously don't

best all i can find through Google is something to do with Black Lives matter.

So. What is it like living your life in a dark room with your head in a plastic bag?!

StiltmanFTW
1) Kaz is just not an Internet person troll.

2) Unlike you, Fly, he has a life.

3) Nobody cares.

Kazenji
Wouldn't surprise in the least, If it's incel's latest word to use.

roughrider

Exploring the Eternals means exploring Thanos' background and his family tree. Maybe we see him in flashbacks. I'm in.

Adam Grimes
The post-credits scene is going to be Thanos coming back to life holding hands with Miss Death.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by roughrider
Exploring the Eternals means exploring Thanos' background and his family tree. Maybe we see him in flashbacks. I'm in.

since this is supposed t take place thousands of years in the past, he might see thanos anyway...

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
The post-credits scene is going to be Thanos coming back to life holding hands with Miss Death.

that won't happen... you'd have to explain so much to kids and many other general audience members who've never read the comics

david196520
They are pretty powerful (as Thanos is a good example of them), about Asgard royal family level, or above.

But they are largely irrelevant to the rest of the universe.

For the most part, they keep to themselves, and completely ignore all the others, and the few who know of their existence, ignore them in turn, because of that.

So yes, they are really powerful, but secluded and apart from Thanos and very few others, they never left Titan, and never bothered about the rest of the universe.

Really curious to see how Marvel Studio is going to spin a story around that, considering they made Thanos the last survivor of Titan (or so he says).

BruceSkywalker
Salm Hayek might be joining the cast...

https://heroichollywood.com/salma-hayek-the-eternals/

Darth Thor
^ Heroic Hollywoods not the best source tbh.

BruceSkywalker
^ they got the story from The Wrap...

BruceSkywalker
Millie Bobby Brown has joined...

dark horizons source is Variety...

http://www.darkhorizons.com/millie-bobby-brown-joins-marvels-eternals/

carthage
Awesome
So glad to see that kids career take off

BruceSkywalker
https://deadline.com/2019/07/the-eternals-details-unveiled-at-marvels-comic-con-panel-angelina-jolie-surprises-hall-h-pic-opening-nov-2020-1202649881/

Inhuman
https://i.imgur.com/jI2Q4aAr.jpg

Kazenji
Looks like they made the character's Ajak & Makkari female for this movie.

BruceSkywalker
.Originally posted by Inhuman
https://i.imgur.com/jI2Q4aAr.jpg

pretty good concept art.. looks like Arishem, Gammenon, maybe Exitar and maybe Nezarr

Looks like they made the character's Ajak & Makkari female for this movie.

I'm fine with that

Khazra Reborn
Lol, they're phucking this up already.

BruceSkywalker
inb4 all the woke/sjw butthurt whiny idiots...

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/07/22/marvel-the-eternals-lgbtq-character-confirmed-kevin-feige-comic-con/? fbclid=IwAR2dk1U0Jq3aYWFRSMHgo7qz5HmSymGJlMUbLnWT2
uQGN-dZ9b-h2d1tNjE

hopefully folks know their greek mythology

Kazenji
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/07/22/marvel-the-eternals-lgbtq-character-confirmed-kevin-feige-comic-con/? fbclid=IwAR2dk1U0Jq3aYWFRSMHgo7qz5HmSymGJlMUbLnWT2
uQGN-dZ9b-h2d1tNjE

Which takes people nowhere.

Flyattractor
Looks like a total pile of Woke Garbage.

Total Pass.

Josh_Alexander
Looking forward on seeing the Celestials! I wonder if Marvel will tell us their story or directly link them to Thanos' IW and Endgame.

Kazenji
I've read some of the Eternal's story Neil Gaiman did the 7-part mini series, Where alot of the character's have amnesia except for Ikaris.

Oliver Brown
I don't think this will gonna get famous as like the other movies of Marvel Studious. Now we've enough movies from those guys, there is no need of new superheroes

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Oliver Brown
I don't think this will gonna get famous as like the other movies of Marvel Studious. Now we've enough movies from those guys, there is no need of new superheroes

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Oliver Brown

If Marvel Studios could make a hit out of Guardians of the Galaxy, a comic that nobody gave a s.hit about, they can make The Eternals a hit.

BruceSkywalker
https://deadline.com/2019/08/kit-harington-marvel-movie-next-game-of-thrones-1202703013/

roughrider
I'd like him for Moon Knight, but that may be premature.

-Pr-
Well they did just announce a Moon Knight series, so mayhaps not.

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1165044197981712386

Josh_Alexander
I remember that several webistes were backing him up for Wolverine when the news broke that Disney got Fox.

He isn't a bad option, TBH.

TheVaultDweller
Could be interesting, depending on which role they have him in mind for. Would probably be a very popular inclusion as well. A lot of people like him, and, based on interviews and things at least, he seems to be a nice guy.

-Pr-
If they do make him Wolverine, I wouldn't be surprised if they also announced that they're making a solo Wolverine film before we even get to the X-Team ones.

Darth Thor
I doubt they are announcing Wolverine this early.

Given Theres no X-Men film on the line up for the next 3 years.

CaveDude33211
Will they reboot X-Men and we finally get Gambit?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by CaveDude33211
Will they reboot X-Men and we finally get Gambit?

Definitely yes to the first. Most probably yes to the second as well. But nothing for a few years yet.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by -Pr-
If they do make him Wolverine, I wouldn't be surprised if they also announced that they're making a solo Wolverine film before we even get to the X-Team ones.

Probably.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I doubt they are announcing Wolverine this early.

Given Theres no X-Men film on the line up for the next 3 years.

Hey, I did say "If".

Someone like Adam Warlock or Hercules is obviously more likely, but I wouldn't put it past them to pick a character like Logan for, like I said, something solo.

steverules_2
Hey, I did say "If".

You should ban him

Inhuman
Someone like Adam Warlock

From what I heard that part was offered to Ryan Gosling but he turned it down because of scheduling and the multi film commitment. Then he was offered to voice Beta Ray Bill by Taika.
The bad news is that it is a 1 picture deal. Meaning bbr could be a one-and-done character.
This is to be taken with a mountain of salt.

-Pr-
Originally posted by steverules_2
You should ban him

thumb up

Originally posted by Inhuman
From what I heard that part was offered to Ryan Gosling but he turned it down because of scheduling and the multi film commitment. Then he was offered to voice Beta Ray Bill by Taika.
The bad news is that it is a 1 picture deal. Meaning bbr could be a one-and-done character.
This is to be taken with a mountain of salt.

One appearance would be sad. Even if he was a semi-recurring character, that would be something.

BruceSkywalker
Harrington joins The Eternals...

https://deadline.com/2019/08/kit-harington-the-eternals-cast-game-of-thrones-marvel-1202703463/

Darth Thor
Originally posted by steverules_2
You should ban him

But I was totally right!

TheVaultDweller
I haven't really been following any Eternals news. Never cared all that much for the comics, so none of the film announcements about it really registered all that much for me. But I should probably keep a closer eye on it.

-Pr-
I#m guessing Hercules, then?

BruceSkywalker

Possible, but what if he's Thanos's brother Starfox?

Inhuman
Black Knight

BruceSkywalker
Black Knight

yepp....

-Pr-
Black Knight's a decent role for him. I think he'll do all right.

Kazenji
Are they trying to make Black Knight an Eternal?

quanchi112
Great addition to the Disney empire.

BruceSkywalker

anything is possible.. i wouldn't have a problem with it depending on the story being told.

Darth Thor

No.

Feige specifically said hes in the movie but Not an Eternal.

-Pr-
Just read that Gemma Chan (the asian-Kree sniper in Captain Marvel) is playing Sersi in this. Methinks her and Knight are going to get involved.

Josh_Alexander

Hercules?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Hercules?

For a while it was rumoured that Hercules would be in Eternals. TBH though I'm glad he's not, as I'm still holding out hope that if/when we do get him, we get a Hercules like he was in the Greg Pak run.

Josh_Alexander
For a while it was rumoured that Hercules would be in Eternals. TBH though I'm glad he's not, as I'm still holding out hope that if/when we do get him, we get a Hercules like he was in the Greg Pak run.

Really? Didn't know that. Introduction of the Greek pantheon, that sounds interesting.

roughrider
Really? Didn't know that. Introduction of the Greek pantheon, that sounds interesting.

Well, many of the Eternals have names and powers that are the same as several Olympic deities - Ikaris/Icarus, Sersi/Circe, Zuras/Zeus, Makkari/Mercury, Thena/Athena and so on. Casual viewers will raise a Spockian eyebrow as to why that is...so, an excuse to guest star Zeus and the rest to show how they came to an agreement. Or however they will spin it in the movie.

Who is going to play Eros/Starfox, I wonder?...

Josh_Alexander
Well, many of the Eternals have names and powers that are the same as several Olympic deities - Ikaris/Icarus, Sersi/Circe, Zuras/Zeus, Makkari/Mercury, Thena/Athena and so on. Casual viewers will raise a Spockian eyebrow as to why that is...so, an excuse to guest star Zeus and the rest to show how they came to an agreement. Or however they will spin it in the movie.

All I hope is to see the First Host.

-Pr-

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they pull an Asgard and make the Eternals the original Greek gods in the MCU.

Kazenji
No.

That's good to hear, Another future member for the Avengers team.

Josh_Alexander
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they pull an Asgard and make the Eternals the original Greek gods in the MCU.

The Greek gods aren't the eternals.. At least not in comics.

-Pr-
The Greek gods aren't the eternals.. At least not in comics.

I know this, and you know this, but still. They could easily go the route of "oh, they inspired the actual mythology, but were never actually gods" sort of thing.

Josh_Alexander
I know this, and you know this, but still. They could easily go the route of "oh, they inspired the actual mythology, but were never actually gods" sort of thing.

Well, the MCU is taking a different road from the comics so, it's possible.

I wonder how they'll explain the Eternal's abscence from the IG events.
Specially considering that Thanos is an Eternal...If even he is in the MCU.

-Pr-
Well, the MCU is taking a different road from the comics so, it's possible.

I wonder how they'll explain the Eternal's abscence from the IG events.
Specially considering that Thanos is an Eternal...If even he is in the MCU.

I'm likely wrong, but my guess is that they might draw inspiration from Gaiman's stuff and have them needing to get their memories back, or something. It would explain why they didn't get involved with Infinity War, as they wouldn't have known they weren't just normal humans.

Josh_Alexander
I'm likely wrong, but my guess is that they might draw inspiration from Gaiman's stuff and have them needing to get their memories back, or something. It would explain why they didn't get involved with Infinity War, as they wouldn't have known they weren't just normal humans.

We'll have to wait and see.

Who do you think the main villain will be?

-Pr-
We'll have to wait and see.

Who do you think the main villain will be?

I don't know about the main villain, but it's been reported over here that an Irish actor was cast as Druig, and that he'll be an antagonist in the movie.

roughrider

Not all the Eternals line up for the Olympians. There's no Eternal for Hercules, Hephaestus and others.

Still surprised Angelina Jolie isn't playing Sersi. She's the most popular and best known Eternal, but the lesser known Gemma Chan has the role. We might not have all the roles right; Marvel Studios led us to believe Jude Law was playing Mar-Vell, only to fake us out with surprise casting.

-Pr-
Not all the Eternals line up for the Olympians. There's no Eternal for Hercules, Hephaestus and others.

Still surprised Angelina Jolie isn't playing Sersi. She's the most popular and best known Eternal, but the lesser known Gemma Chan has the role. We might not have all the roles right; Marvel Studios led us to believe Jude Law was playing Mar-Vell, only to fake us out with surprise casting.

True but like I said, I could be wrong. And I would expect Hercules to be separate anyway.

I imagine it was down to being more able to convince Chan to sign a multi-picture deal than it would be Jolie. Cheaper too.

StiltmanFTW
Mads Mikkelsen getting wasted on Kaecilius, who was a total z-lister in comics, was quite surprising, too.

Inhuman
Mads Mikkelsen getting wasted on Kaecilius, who was a total z-lister in comics, was quite surprising, too.

Mads would have been a good Doom

-Pr-

Whether you subscribe to the "MCU has mostly crap villains" opinion or not, their willingness to hire top drawer actors for just one movie is something I honestly don't like.

Oliver Brown
When I heard that "kit Harington" is going to be a part of this movie. I'm very excited and hope the movie will release soon.

Dr Will Hatch

Such a waste indeed. I like the actor who plays Mordo, but Mads would have done him better. There was no need for a Kaecilius. Just make Mordo an evil prick in league with Dormammu right from the beginning.

Dr Will Hatch

Well, that was Jack Kirby's original intention when he created The Eternals. They were once ordinary humans that the Celestials experimented on and turned them into superhumans that ancient peoples thought were gods. It wasn't supposed to be a part of the Marvel Universe proper, but when it did, it kind of ruined Kirby's whole point since the MU already had literal gods in it.

Robtard
Mads would have been a good Doom

And Mads will be Doom, it is his destiny to finally bring justice to Doom in live action.

So let it be written. So let it be done.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Well, that was Jack Kirby's original intention when he created The Eternals. They were once ordinary humans that the Celestials experimented on and turned them into superhumans that ancient peoples thought were gods. It wasn't supposed to be a part of the Marvel Universe proper, but when it did, it kind of ruined Kirby's whole point since the MU already had literal gods in it.

Interesting; I didn't know that.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
It wasn't supposed to be a part of the Marvel Universe proper, but when it did, it kind of ruined Kirby's whole point since the MU already had literal gods in it.

Kirby was also being forced to make it connect with the rest of Marvel universe, Got forced into putting in the Hulk for an issue so he made a Hulk robot instead.

Bentley
No.

He meant Black Knight is MCU's Tutinax!

Kazenji
Originally posted by Bentley
He meant Black Knight is MCU's Tutinax!

When did Kevin Fiege say that at the D23 Eternals Panel?

i watched it the other day and what Darth Thor said is pretty much spot on.

Wonder Man
Ikaris has opposed involvement as imaginable to people on the planet.
More likely this is going to develop without the lens of the director in the filming.
Well probably see a lot of faces like they used to shoot in movies as the scenes like Woody Alan used.

BruceSkywalker
more cast announcements soon...

http://www.darkhorizons.com/madden-more-eternals-announced-soon/

carthage
Hercules would be cool to see, also a potential future Avenger there as well

StiltmanFTW
Gilgamesh should be in it, not Herc.

BruceSkywalker
Gilgamesh should be in it, not Herc.

Gilgamesh is rumored so he just might be

StiltmanFTW
Good thumb up

roughrider

Well, his brother Lars Mikkelsen is almost as good as villains; look at Sherlock and Star Wars: Rebels. He could do Doom.

Kazenji
Well, his brother Lars Mikkelsen is almost as good as villains; look at Sherlock and Star Wars: Rebels. He could do Doom.

Didn't know that he did Thrawn's voice on Rebel's

Kazenji
0WVDKZJkGlY

Old Man Whirly!
This looks bad

riv6672
Meh. Still no interest in seeing this on my part.

Kazenji
Looks decent.

Patient_Leech
0WVDKZJkGlY

Oh god, the thumbnail alone is cringy. I don't even want to watch the trailer.

carthage
Looks really bland and uninteresting

Old Man Whirly!
Seriously, the weirdo gang, Eternals, Inhumans and New Gods are so shit.

carthage
Inhumans bombed horribly in reviews and ratings when it first dropped. This is probably the closest we may potentially see to a low domestic gross or maybe a bomb. Nothing about it looks interesting apart from Black Knight

Kazenji
From the little that i've read of Eternals, i didn't mind it.

Old Man Whirly!
From the little that i've read of Eternals, i didn't mind it. the Gaiman and the present series are good and way back round Thor 300 they were O.K. imo, otherwise, just no!Originally posted by carthage
Inhumans bombed horribly in reviews and ratings when it first dropped. This is probably the closest we may potentially see to a low domestic gross or maybe a bomb. Nothing about it looks interesting apart from Black Knight thumb up fer sure

ares834
lmao

Looks awful. Not surprising though considering how stupid the comic and concept is in the first place. I'm all for ancient aliens, but turning them into superheroes is lame.

-Pr-
So... is the snap going to be referenced? If this takes place after it, I feel like it would be kind of silly not to mention it.

tkitna
Well the comic sucked and so did the trailer. I think this might be the MCUs big bomb, but they have proven me wrong before.

Robtard
Preview didn't do anything for me. So I'm skeptical.

Good thing, thus far even the worse of the MCU films are still somewhat enjoyable, so this will probably be that, bottom tier but still somewhat enjoyable.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
the Gaiman and the present series are good and way back round Thor 300 they were O.K. imo, otherwise, just no! thumb up fer sure

That's what i've read the Gaimen limited series from 2008, So the old Jack Kirby series isn't great ?...fair enough

Originally posted by tkitna
Well the comic sucked and so did the trailer. I think this might be the MCUs big bomb, but they have proven me wrong before.

Yeah like how the first GOTG was suppose to be a bomb... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Khazra Reborn

riv6672

Kazenji
Agreed, There was nothing wrong with the original lineup character's but then again this movie is in it's own universe separate from the comics.

riv6672

Kazenji
Same, It's all about diversity these days.

playa1258
The diversity angle is being pushed by the powers at be.

tkitna

Yeah like how the first GOTG was suppose to be a bomb... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Was it supposed to bomb? The GOTG at least had more to work with the comedic aspect of a raccoon and a talking tree. Also there was the Drax/Thanos relationship they touched upon.

The Eternals? This just looks bad right now. It could surprise and be good, but lets be honest, its a group of characters that even comic buffs dont care about and the trailer hasent changed that.

Kazenji
Was it supposed to bomb?

Not really, But alot of people were expecting GOTG 1 to bomb.

Jmanghan
a group of characters that even comic buffs dont care about. Ya mean like the original GoTG?...

Anyway, the reason why it might be good is BECAUSE these are no-name characters. Also, it's a teaser trailer, it pretty much barely showed what the movie could be about and shows no lines from characters.

Also, Kit Harington is always a win.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Ya mean like the original GoTG?...

The character's?.....well some of comic readers more cared about the Dan Abnett & Lanning GOTG run which the movies used those characters.

CoolBlackKnight
Meh teaser trailer.

Don't know much about the Eternals so no investment in the characters and no expectation on my end other than to be entertained.

So, the proverbial "wait and see" approach.

ares834
Ya mean like the original GoTG?...

You've no clue what you are talking about. I've seen so many people say this, but GotG, while not super popular, had a sizable and dedicated fanbase. Just as importantly, it had a run which is very well regarded. Abbnet and Lanning's stuff is routinely considered some of the best Marvel cosmic stories ever.

Jmanghan
You've no clue what you are talking about. I've seen so many people say this, but GotG, while not super popular, had a sizable and dedicated fanbase. Just as importantly, it had a run which is very well regarded. Abbnet and Lanning's stuff is routinely considered some of the best Marvel cosmic stories ever.

I'm not saying they weren't GOOD, I'm just saying they weren't popular, some of the characters in Eternals have a dedicated and loyal fanbase as well, let-alone the Eternals as a whole.

It's not right to shit all over Eternals like they're complete shit compared to GoTG which everyone now loves, in both mainstream and comic-wise. GoTG was and is more well-known then the Eternals, but this is a teaser trailer and teaser trailers sometimes barely even show movie footage, this is unlikely to reflect the final product.

riv6672
This had me in stitches...:

https://www.fromsuperheroes.com/post/waltz_in_eternals_avengers

ares834
I'm not saying they weren't GOOD, I'm just saying they weren't popular, some of the characters in Eternals have a dedicated and loyal fanbase as well, let-alone the Eternals as a whole.

Except they were popular in comparison to the Eternals.

It's not right to shit all over Eternals like they're complete shit compared to GoTG which everyone now loves, in both mainstream and comic-wise.

But they are complete shit. Maybe this movie will change things, but I'm doubtful.

Kazenji

But they are complete shit. Maybe this movie will change things, but I'm doubtful.

For you they might be complete shit, Seems like the actual character's and book have more of a cult following.

tkitna
Has anybody read the original Eternals series? That book sucked. I havent read anything by them after that because the hatred was already set. Again, hopefully the movie kicks ass, but I think its going to be an uphill battle.

roughrider
The moviemakers are coming with serious cred now, thanks to Chloe Zhou's multiple Oscar wins for Nomadland. So there's reason for optimism; Marvel Studios hasn't stepped wrong with a single project yet (of all their films, only The Incredible Hulk mildly disappointed at the box office.)

Producers at Marvel have learned and stuck to their guns the past couple of decades, over giving an auteur director too much control (ie. Ang Lee's Hulk.) We'll see if Zhou managed to serve her vision and the studios' vision in equal amounts.

This will be the MCU's most 'out there' project since Guardians Of The Galaxy. And it's hard to believe there was a time when everyone was wondering why they were doing that project - barely known characters in a comic series that came and went often. But we know there's a larger purpose to everything Marvel Studios does, in filling out all these corners of their universe.

I was heavily skeptical about Ant-Man, but they did it because the Quantum Realm was going to become hugely significant down the road. Eternals is going to be part of a larger set up, I'm sure.

Kazenji
Has anybody read the original Eternals series? That book sucked. I havent read anything by them after that because the hatred was already set. Again, hopefully the movie kicks ass, but I think its going to be an uphill battle.

The original run from Jack Kirby?...not yet.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by riv6672
This had me in stitches...:

https://www.fromsuperheroes.com/post/waltz_in_eternals_avengers

laughing

tkitna
The original run from Jack Kirby?...not yet.

I would be anxious to see what you thought of it.

Old Man Whirly!
Has anybody read the original Eternals series? That book sucked. I havent read anything by them after that because the hatred was already set. Again, hopefully the movie kicks ass, but I think its going to be an uphill battle. Yup, it sucked. No doubt! thumb up

StiltmanFTW
That's why Neil Gaiman "restarted" them, I guess.

Eternals and Titans (which technically are Eternals, too) have some interesting ideas about them (such as the Resurrection Chamber, which got shamelessly copied by Hickman for his Krakoa Era of X-Men).

Old Man Whirly!
That's why Neil Gaiman "restarted" them, I guess.

Eternals and Titans (which technically are Eternals, too) have some interesting ideas about them (such as the Resurrection Chamber, which got shamelessly copied by Hickman for his Krakoa Era of X-Men). Also, no doubt. The Eric Von Danikken, God was a spaceman Celestial shit, really only worked in the Thor Ragnarok 300 arc. That is such an underrated run.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
God was a spaceman Celestial shit, really only worked in the Thor Ragnarok 300 arc. That is such an underrated run.

Thor: The Eternals Saga thumb up

roughrider
The first teaser was just supposed to evoke wonder. I suspect we will get two more trailers before the film is released; one with Shng Chi, and the other a month before release. I bet the next one will show more actions and tease the Deviants, while the last one will show the Celestial host in their glory (I suspect there are approaching in that dark cloud in the teaser.)

Many other rumours of cameos in this, and I hope they are all true.

- That a younger Thanos appears as part of a visit, along with his father, mother and brother (who could be played by Harry Styles.)

- That we get our first glimpse at the Olympians (Russell Crowe is already set to appear as Zeus in Thor: Love And Thunder.)

- That the Atlanteans will appear, and we will get clues as to where Namor and his kin have been all this time.

StiltmanFTW
Whirly is in this thread just because of Angie playing Thena, I'm sure vin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>