If Snoke isn't a Sith and they are extinct....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
Why does Kylo reference the Sith as being one of the old things that must die in TLJ? It's possible to chalk it up as Johnson just not being consistent, but in story wise there will be an explanation ofc. I recall that group "The Acolytes of Beyond" whom collected Sith artifacts to preserve their legacy which included Vaders helmet. Maybe Snoke inherited that knowledge when he became The FOs leader and told the Knights of Ren to use it as a foundation for their teachings but to become something new all together with probably his own teachings. What do you guys think?

victreebelvictr

relentless1
youre reading way too much into Rens statement... he simply means let the past die.. the Sith Order is a thing if the past; in the films timeline as well as the real world... its time to do away with Jedi and Sith and see what comes next for Force users... break the old cycle of Stih and Jedi trading places at the top of the Galaxy hierarchy

The Merchant
I mean maybe I am, but when Kylo was listing off what needs to die he mentioned first Luke and Snoke and right before the Jedi and Sith, which implies those 2 are representing those 2 factions. But, this is the same movie that retconned Luke's academy having dozenS of students to a paltry 13, with 6 plus Kylo killing the other 6. So who knows.

Galan007
Kylo had already killed Snoke, yet still commented that Snoke was one of the old things that he was going to let die.

I agree with relentless. I believe Kylo referencing the Sith was just part of a blanket statement that he and Rey needed to move beyond everything that had preceded them up to that point, and forge an entirely new path on their own.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.