Thanos w/o IG vs. Ego

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Apparently some people here believe that Thanos even w/o the IG or any stones is unbeatable one on one. Let's put that to the test.

Thanos vs. Ego. Thanos has no IG or stones.

Round 1: Fight takes place on Wakanda
Round 2: Fight takes place on Ego's planet

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos wins.

laughing

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
laughing Elaborate, troll.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by FrothByte
Apparently some people here believe that Thanos even w/o the IG or any stones is unbeatable one on one. Let's put that to the test.

R1. Thanos
R2. Spite thread thumb down

And....Ego is a planet, so i don't think saying "Ego's planet" is correct.

Darth Thor
This is just f***ing retarded.

Ego is a damn Celestial.

We are going to have Galactus in the next few films. But no Thanos takes even Galactus because of some vague out of co text quote the Russos once made about beating up Hulk in H2H and about his strong world domination and strong will being compared to Gengis Khan.

Fanboyism at its finest.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor

Ego is a damn Celestial.

We are going to have Galactus in the next few films. But no Thanos takes even Galactus because of some vague out of co text quote the Russos once made about beating up Hulk in H2H and about his strong world domination and strong will being compared to Gengis Khan.

Fanboyism at its finest. When did I say I argued off that quote. Not once. My entire basis for my argument is film based. We come here to debate not cry. Do better.

quanchi112
Called D. Thor out and he pussed out. Keep running from debates and cry about your opinion based fantasies being ignored.

Adam Grimes
Ego eats that emo edgelord.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Ego eats that emo edgelord. Based on?

Utrigita
Originally posted by Darth Thor

Ego is a damn Celestial.

Fanboyism at its finest.

Introducing Galactus would set up nicely for FF, if that is the route they decide to go. Is Galactus merely speculation though or have it been confirmed somewhere?

victreebelvictr
Honestly, unless Thanks has all gems, it is hard for me to belive that he would take Ego if Thanos literally fought on him.

Wakanda, that I may say Thanos with one or more gems. He loses without one, but in a good fight.

WolvesofBabylon
Ego wins easily. So a Base Thanos who can do nothing other than brawl is beating a Celestial? Give me a break.

quanchi112
Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Ego wins easily. So a Base Thanos who can do nothing other than brawl is beating a Celestial? Give me a break.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/xX0rXi3iWNd0qpWsXq/200.gif

https://i.giphy.com/media/7XygmVCMQVTcdl7KL4/source.gif

Thanos wins due to strength, durability edge, and being vastly more skilled in hand to hand combat.

victreebelvictr

Thanos wins due to strength, durability edge, and being vastly more skilled in hand to hand combat. More durability than planet?

Remeber Ego>/=Galactus>Thanos

quanchi112
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
More durability than planet?

Remeber Ego>/=Galactus>Thanos Dude, this is the films get your comic logic the **** out of here. I show you how weak his durability is by starlords guns which did not cause any damage to Thanos at all but tore through egos body like tissue paper.

In the comics Thanos solod the universe.

victreebelvictr
If Thanos were to face Ego on Ego, it is practically like facing the planet itself.

Also, Ego regenerated his body within seconds, he could do the same with Thanos's attacks.

quanchi112
If Thanos were to face Ego on Ego, it is practically like facing the planet itself.

Also, Ego regenerated his body within seconds, he could do the same with Thanos's attacks. It took him much longer than seconds on his home planet no less. Thanos beats the utter shit out of him. Watch the film you ignoramus.

victreebelvictr
I did watch it.

It was about 24 seconds before Ego got active again.

quanchi112
I did watch it.

It was about 24 seconds before Ego got active again. So a ko. He lost. Thanos would dominate him in hand to hand combat. Gifs show he is not that durable. smile

Evidence is on my side as per the norm. Froth will not even show his cowardly face in the thread.

victreebelvictr
Not really.

quanchi112
Not really. That weak response is a concession.

Robtard

Thanos without stones gets his doodoo pushed in by Ego. Ego with a thought destroyed hundreds of drone ships. It's a rape-stomp; especially round two.

eg There's a reason why Thanos only attacked the Asgardians after Odin had died, Asgard was destroyed, Asgardians numbered very few, their champion Thor lost his hammer and Thanos had his army, the Black Order and the Power stone backing him. He's not "all powerful" by himself, he needs an army at his back and/or enough Infinity Stones to take on the truly big players.

victreebelvictr
Thanos wins. Speaking of weak responses...

Flyattractor
Speaking of weak responses...

nah. The opportunity was missed when someone just didn't do this...

Thanos wins.

Elaborate, troll.

quanchi112
Speaking of weak responses... You did not provide anything logic or evidence related. Ego is less durable, physically weaker, and far less skilled. Thanos wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
nah. The opportunity was missed when someone just didn't do this... Originally posted by quanchi112

Thanos wins due to strength, durability edge, and being vastly more skilled in hand to hand combat.

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/467/708/3708467.gif

victreebelvictr

Flyattractor
https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/467/708/3708467.gif

Didn't that just prove that Starlord Didn't Beat Ego who laughed at his attempts? And in the 2nd don't that prove that Starlord needed HELP to take on Thanos?

So...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Thanos without stones gets his doodoo pushed in by Ego. Ego with a thought destroyed hundreds of drone ships. It's a rape-stomp; especially round two.

eg There's a reason why Thanos only attacked the Asgardians after Odin had died, Asgard was destroyed, Asgardians numbered very few, their champion Thor lost his hammer and Thanos had his army, the Black Order and the Power stone backing him. He's not "all powerful" by himself, he needs an army at his back and/or enough Infinity Stones to take on the truly big players. So why did ego not destroy the Gotg and yondu since he can destroy hundreds of ships? How was Star lord able to destroy his body?

Odin was overthrown and earth bound by Loki ffs. Odin has never been impressive on screen and Loki ousting him with a spell is further proof of this.

Thor took on Thanos solo after he just obliterated the Hulk. How did he fare? Did he even budge Thanos?

Thanos is the most powerful being in the universe and has been stated as such both in and out of universe. Has ego? Nah, he needed a millennia of prep with celestial plants and another celestial to put into effect. He apparently is not all powerful either and was beaten by the Gotg and yondu. Thanos destroys his body. I provided a gif showing how a few starlord guns easily do so.

smile

victreebelvictr

quanchi112

quanchi112

Robtard
So why did ego not destroy the Gotg and yondu since he can destroy hundreds of ships? How was Star lord able to destroy his body?

Odin was overthrown and earth bound by Loki ffs. Odin has never been impressive on screen and Loki ousting him with a spell is further proof of this.

Thor took on Thanos solo after he just obliterated the Hulk. How did he fare? Did he even budge Thanos?

Thanos is the most powerful being in the universe and has been stated as such both in and out of universe. Has ego? Nah, he needed a millennia of prep with celestial plants and another celestial to put into effect. He apparently is not all powerful either and was beaten by the Gotg and yondu. Thanos destroys his body. I provided a gif showing how a few starlord guns easily do so.

smile

Probably the same reason Thanos just didn't use the reality stone to turn six of the Titan seven into blocks right off the bat, storyline purposes. Ego as shown has tremendous power, easily destroying a small fleet of ships with a thought.

Regardless, Thanos without at least one Stone has nothing to take down Ego, he can punch and kick Ego all he likes, but Ego will just heal as he easily healed from having massive holes blasted into him. This is a non-fight.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Probably the same reason Thanos just didn't use the reality stone to turn six of the Titan seven into blocks right off the bat, storyline purposes. Ego as shown has tremendous power, easily destroying a small fleet of ships with a thought.

Regardless, Thanos without at least one Stone has nothing to take down Ego, he can punch and kick Ego all he likes, but Ego will just heal as he easily healed from having massive holes blasted into him. This is a non-fight. Thanos still achieved his goals against far more resistance whereas ego does not. Thanos still won ego still lost. So what? Thanos survives an all out hurl by stormbreaker and he is far more durable than ships. Thor killing Hela resurrected soldiers by the scores does not mean his lightning kills Thanos.

This is how easy he is defeated by far less. Not very durable. Ego loses. Thanos is much more powerful than those guns which do not even harm Thanos while pumping holes through egos body. Thanos wins.

I agree it is a non fight Thanos destroys him.

victreebelvictr
Or it was a good response that I explained when someone asked, exactly like you.

quanchi112
Or it was a good response that I explained when someone asked, exactly like you. No, it was a joke post refuting nothing. You conceded it is ok. Let it go.

victreebelvictr

FrothByte
Thanos still achieved his goals against far more resistance whereas ego does not. Thanos still won ego still lost.

Thanos achieved his goals ONLY WITH the IG. So you really need to stop using this analysis because it just shows how bad your reading comprehension is... since this thread is, you know, Thanos w/o the IG.

quanchi112
Thanos achieved his goals ONLY WITH the IG. So you really need to stop using this analysis because it just shows how bad your reading comprehension is... since this thread is, you know, Thanos w/o the IG. Thanos had to go out acquire the stones. Ego went around the universe in secret planting celestial plants he would use only after he found another celestial in his offspring to carry it out. Despite his power and being on his home planet he failed against considerably less that Thanos defeated.

Ok ego at full power on his home planet against blasters that did nothing more than annoy Thanos.

On panel evidence. Feats matter, sport. Enjoy.

quanchi112

FrothByte
Thanos had to go out acquire the stones. Ego went around the universe in secret planting celestial plants he would use only after he found another celestial in his offspring to carry it out. Despite his power and being on his home planet he failed against considerably less that Thanos defeated.

Ok ego at full power on his home planet against blasters that did nothing more than annoy Thanos.

On panel evidence. Feats matter, sport. Enjoy.

Yes, and Thanos had a lot of help in acquiring those stones. So please stop pretending that Thanos + IG + Army + lackies = Thanos w/o IG is the most powerful being ever.

Just some basic logic here man, nothing too complicated.

quanchi112
Yes, and Thanos had a lot of help in acquiring those stones. So please stop pretending that Thanos + IG + Army + lackies = Thanos w/o IG is the most powerful being ever.

Just some basic logic here man, nothing too complicated. So both had prep and time to plan. Ego needed to do so in secret whereas Thanos was opposed but Ego still failed when he ran into opposition. I did not make the claim the filmmakers did I simply reiterated it. You are free to pretend they are wrong and cover your eyes. I did not interview them or ask them the questions.

Egos body was destroyed by starlords guns the same ones did not even more than annoy Thanos. That is simple logic that Thanos destroys Egos body that is not powerful enough to break free from his own son in this gif. He pleads with him to spare his life.

Ego had millennia of experience on his own son with his powers yet only managed a stalemate after his body was first destroyed and he later reformed.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/1ed12daa242516f6bcfd97ab29f9299d/tumblr_owqt89wcVZ1r1rmzqo2_500.gif

Ego pales in comparison to Thanos in combat.

victreebelvictr

Egos body was destroyed by starlords guns the same ones did not even more than annoy Thanos. That is simple logic that Thanos destroys Egos body that is not powerful enough B]

That is because he was human! Durability has nothing to do with this!

God, did you not realize that the body that calls itself Ego is just a form of Ego used to leave his planet.

We are talking about the actual planet, the durability of a human sucks compared to Thanos, but we are talking about a damn planet.

victreebelvictr

quanchi112
That is because he was human! Durability has nothing to do with this!

God, did you not realize that the body that calls itself Ego is just a form of Ego used to leave his planet.

We are talking about the actual planet, the durability of a human sucks compared to Thanos, but we are talking about a damn planet. So you agree he is much weaker than Thanos. Progress.

I realize that the body pleaded with Starlord to release him. The planet did not do anything to guarantee victory while the humanoid body went toe to toe with him. Watch the film we see the humanoid is vital to combat on and off his planet.

To defeat Ego you only need to destroy the humanoid to win the thread. Ko is a victory. smile

victreebelvictr

quanchi112

victreebelvictr
How about an example, Thanos (somehow) creates a weak illusion of himself so that he can be in two places at once.

Iron Man kills the weak illusion which makes him win against Thanos due to a KO.

Logic.

quanchi112
How about an example, Thanos (somehow) creates a weak illusion of himself so that he can be in two places at once.

Iron Man kills the weak illusion which makes him win against Thanos due to a KO.

Logic. Ego was not an illusion and needed time to reform. Dude, it is in the film. Thanos would maul him.

victreebelvictr

quanchi112

victreebelvictr
1. Because it is difficult to communicate with people inside of you.
2. Because Mantis specifically states that the only way to kill him is by the core. He was begging to not blow up the core.

quanchi112
1. Because it is difficult to communicate with people inside of you.
2. Because Mantis specifically states that the only way to kill him is by the core. He was begging to not blow up the core. Why did he not defeat them as the planet?

2. To kill him yes. You do not need to kill him to defeat him. He was pitiful and was killed by the Gotg like a *****.

victreebelvictr

quanchi112

victreebelvictr
He used a humanoid to get to places outside of the planet.

quanchi112
He used a humanoid to get to places outside of the planet. Even on the planet he wasunsvke to defend himself via the planet only. His body begged Starlord to spare him. You sunk your own battleship.

victreebelvictr

quanchi112

victreebelvictr
Do you not remember in the Secret Wars when Victor Von Doom ripped the spine out of Thanos and he begged for mercy?

quanchi112
Do you not remember in the Secret Wars when Victor Von Doom ripped the spine out of Thanos and he begged for mercy? Comics this is the films and you are flat out wrong. Thanos did not submit or yield. For ****s sake you are a little slow.

Movies only, troll.

victreebelvictr

quanchi112

victreebelvictr

VMAN
Greetings, quanchi112. I can see you only want us to use the movies as a resource so I will. Ego lost to Star-Lord, but that's only because of Star-Lord becoming as powerful as Ego.

victreebelvictr

VMAN
It doesn't matter how powerful a supervillain is if there is a superhero that is close to power to defeat them

quanchi112

quanchi112
Originally posted by VMAN
Greetings, quanchi112. I can see you only want us to use the movies as a resource so I will. Ego lost to Star-Lord, but that's only because of Star-Lord becoming as powerful as Ego. https://media0.giphy.com/media/xX0rXi3iWNd0qpWsXq/200.gif

His guns beat him initially. Ego is not that durable or strong.

victreebelvictr

quanchi112

victreebelvictr

quanchi112

victreebelvictr

quanchi112

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.