Cyclops vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Scott vs Clark, no powers at play here. Who is taking this?

StiltmanFTW
Summers destroys the farmboy.

riv6672
Pretty close, neither is a top tier MA, but both get the job done when necessary.

Leaning towards Clark, as he engages in physical battle more often. Cyclops is a distsnce fighter, as his powers dictate.

cdtm
Scott has a pretty bad weakness.

He's prone to ranting. Ranters always eat a punch in comics, and never see it coming. smile

riv6672
^^^Kinda like those that rant about how great a fighter Cyclops is. laughing

emporerpants
Pretty good thread Carv. I'd say Superman, but not by a lot. The dude has been trained by Batman and WW, and although he doesn't always use his martial arts skills, he does have them, and has used to good effect in the past. Enough that I believe he beats Cyke especially when you take experience into account. I'm pretty sure that Supes can take a hit much better than Cyke.

CosmicComet
Summers has a glass chin compared to powerless Clark.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Summers has a glass chin compared to powerless Clark.

Powerless Clark couldn't take a hit from Lex's stump.

Whereas Scott got punched in the face by a f*cking Sentinel and wasn't even knocked out.

Go home, Cosmic. You're drunk.

-Pr-
By feats, Superman wins. By how they're supposed to be portrayed, Cyclops.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You guys are crazy. Cyclops would beat the utter shit out of Superman. I struggle to think of any high-end meta that could match someone as skilled as Cyclops, aside from like MAYBE Wonder Woman, much less beat him.

I don't even like Cyclops....Common Pr, what the hell? This is why they won't let you back into Canada.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
You guys are crazy. Cyclops would beat the utter shit out of Superman. I struggle to think of any high-end meta that could match someone as skilled as Cyclops, aside from like MAYBE Wonder Woman, much less beat him.

I don't even like Cyclops....Common Pr, what the hell? This is why they won't let you back into Canada.
ermm

Superman would beat the shit out of Summers in h2h. This isn't Thor we are talking about.

riv6672

StiltmanFTW
Good thing he's not facing Diana here.

Shiva would fist WW a nice rosebutt, btw.

riv6672
Deflection is a good look on you, btw laughing

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/yclj47eu

Flyattractor
I agree. DCEU Aquaman is a cool BadAss.

-Pr-

Originally posted by abhilegend
ermm

Superman would beat the shit out of Summers in h2h. This isn't Thor we are talking about.

You're both wrong.

Bentley
Pr just gave us the Global Mod ruling on every opinion of Abhi and Rage.

riv6672

Philosophía
Originally posted by Bentley
Pr just gave us the Global Mod ruling on every opinion of Abhi and Rage. lmao

Rage.Of.Olympus
ermm

You're a crazy person. You'd probably give Superman odds against the Punisher in h2h.

DarkSaint85
Cyclops speed blitzes him.

Philosophía
How can a "cyclops" even compete? He'd have to constantly turn his head to see where to move.

Bad matchup

h1a8
Superman has some really good feats powerless.
Also isn't it Canon/relevant that he has thousands of years of fighting experience with WW?

riv6672
^^^every argument w. a woman feels like it lasts an eternity.

-Pr-
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman has some really good feats powerless.
Also isn't it Canon/relevant that he has thousands of years of fighting experience with WW?

iirc it is, yeah.

The big advantage he has over Cyclops is that, with or without the thousands of years, he still has far more on-panel showings of h2h fights.

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^every argument w. a woman feels like it lasts an eternity.

Not gonna lie; I laughed.

abhilegend
You're a crazy person. You'd probably give Superman odds against the Punisher in h2h.
No, I won't.

riv6672
Originally posted by -Pr-
Not gonna lie; I laughed.
thumb up

sonicwires
summers armbars clark

StiltmanFTW
No, I won't.

But you're tempted to do so. Admit it.

Pillow Biter
A high degree of HtH skill--either powered or powerless--is not really part of Superman's core narrative yet. You see writers do what they will with this aspect of him a lot.
Cyclops being quite skilled HtH (but not a true MA), as well as an experienced and cagey combatant, is pretty core to his mythos, IMO.
So on the whole, I think Cyclops takes this, but Superman surprises Scott by being very, very hard to put down. Supes has a Rocky chin and determination.
However, some of the more skilled Superman portrayals could really make this a contest or even be favored.

cdtm
Superman wins, with ease.

panthergod
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
A high degree of HtH skill--either powered or powerless--is not really part of Superman's core narrative yet. You see writers do what they will with this aspect of him a lot.
Cyclops being quite skilled HtH (but not a true MA), as well as an experienced and cagey combatant, is pretty core to his mythos, IMO.
So on the whole, I think Cyclops takes this, but Superman surprises Scott by being very, very hard to put down. Supes has a Rocky chin and determination.
However, some of the more skilled Superman portrayals could really make this a contest or even be favored.

Name the feat where Cyclops has shown superior HtH skill to Superman.

Your laughable mythos argument= your blatant bias. You don't even like Supermans mythos by your own admission.

-Pr-
It IS part of Cyclops's bio that he's proficient in two martial arts, and a trainer of other X-Men in said martial arts. How about you focus on the actual topic at hand instead of trying to get a rise out of people.

panthergod
Originally posted by -Pr-
It IS part of Cyclops's bio that he's proficient in two martial arts, and a trainer of other X-Men in said martial arts. How about you focus on the actual topic at hand instead of trying to get a rise out of people.
Great.

Superman beats expert practitioners of every martial art known to man. He's beaten Luthor, Who has been trained in combat by Amazon's. He himself has been trained by The two greatest HtH combatants in the hero community and street levellers and top tiers, respectively. He consistently fights living embodiment of combat on cosmic and mythical scales as a peer.

Pillow Biter has known these facts for the near 2 decades now that I've known him online, yet he consistently chooses to downplay the facts.

Now I can see Cyke's tactical mind being his main advantage.. and even then..

-Pr-
Originally posted by panthergod
Great.

Superman beats expert practitioners of every martial art known to man. He's beaten Luthor, Who has been trained in combat by Amazon's. He himself has been trained by The two greatest HtH combatants in the hero community and street levellers and top tiers, respectively. He consistently fights living embodiment of combat on cosmic and mythical scales as a peer.

Pillow Biter has known these facts for the near 2 decades now that I've known him online, yet he consistently chooses to downplay the facts.

Now I can see Cyke's tactical mind being his main advantage.. and even then..

Better, even if you're exaggerating a tad, imo.

Luthor was considered to be a substandard student by the Amazons, and with Diana, her skills are an equaliser that allow her to compete with his superior strength and durability.

I'll argue with anyone that says that Superman doesn't have legit fighting skill, but you can't let the pendulum swing too far the other way either.

People saying either man wins easily are talking out their ass, tbh.

Delta1938
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Powerless Clark couldn't take a hit from Lex's stump.

Whereas Scott got punched in the face by a f*cking Sentinel and wasn't even knocked out.

Go home, Cosmic. You're drunk.

Powerless Superman fell off a building into a dumpster and tore it apart.

Powerless Superman took hits from Earth-Man (stacked stats of Timber Wolf, Blok, and arguably Ultra Boy's strength and Night Girl's stats) and then re-entry heat.

Powerless Superman seems to win the feat war as well as this fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.