# of posts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
Hey, what happened to that feature? I was up to something like 9,000. How come ya'll decided to get rid of that?

Raz. . . I'm looking in your direction.

Dexx
whata??...no post count? but..why?

yerssot
just follow this link if you want to know your postcount:
http://forums.killermovies.com/memberlist.php?s=&what=topposters&perpage=25

Size matters not, it's how you use it wink

Dexx
you were out of digits space anyway.....but...but US. stick out tongue

Raz
You can still view your post count by looking at your profile.

But in posts, that feature is gone for at least a week.

Dexx
phew..i can bear that.
but why?

Tex
has it been a week yet?
I miss seeing my post count.

Ushgarak
I don't think it is coming back.

Raz
You can still see your post count in your profile.

Dexx
i miss the count too......

but..again....why?? you have the impulse to increase it if i have it right there under my name.

yerssot
they want you out dexx stick out tongue

Raz
It was removed so that, hopefully, it will stop people from posting *just* to increase their post count and reducing any "elitism" that comes with it.

Like I said before, you can still check out post counts in each others profiles.

I may also in the future be converting the automatic "dot thingy" to a karma system, where users rate each other and post counts don't come into the equation.

yerssot
not karma! *sobs*

Dexx
hmmpf...i assume karma's more based on your social activity on the boards.... My connection really doesn't allow me to cover all the threads....oh well.
(weirdest thing: when i clicked on this thread it loaded the page in a purple colour mode and it had the post count under your name)

yerssot
raz is fiddling a tad with the layout today, dexx

Dexx
yup..i notice.....

Raz
Are you still seeing purple mode?

Dexx
no. It went normal as soon as i changed the page. But it couldn't load any buttons in purple mode

Raz
Strange thing is...we don't have a purple mode! shifty

Dexx
i assumed so..but i guessed you were playing with one...dunno. Hadn't happened before

ToMacco
. . . I sure do wonder about this new format. I liked seeing how many posts I've had (so everyone can see how much of a dork I am).

yerssot
http://forums.killermovies.com/memberlist.php?what=topposters&perpage=25

9612 posts
(place 7)

Tex

Crash_Overload
Not karma! I understand why you took it out, but I rather the green notches then the Karma thing. Because the way I understood is that each other people rates each other's participation. But what if they just like for lack of better words, "gang up" and not rate some one, or rate him/her bad?

yerssot
tis true

Raz
I think there is a mechanism to detect stuff like that.

Anyway, no Karma for the forseeable future.

Tex
smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.