Best Force Barrier Feats

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vitiate

RealistRacism
Kas'im resisting a force wave from God that would've liquified the heavens.

AncientPower
Pre-Nathema Vaylin's feat is pretty incredible, shielding herself and Senya from a point-blank hyperdrive explosion within an instant of realising the explosion would imminently occur.

victreebelvictr
That is obviously nothing compared to a Tenebrous blocking rocks. smart

No but seriously, Pre-Nathema one takes the cake.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by AncientPower
Pre-Nathema Vaylin's feat is pretty incredible, shielding herself and Senya from a point-blank hyperdrive explosion within an instant of realising the explosion would imminently occur.

Do we know how potent a hyperdrive explosion is? And by Pre-Nathema, do you mean pre-getting Chained, or pre-getting Unchained?

The Ellimist

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
That probably is the best one, yeah.

Azronger
The Emperor shielding objects from his Force Storm.

RealistRacism
What makes it the most impressive though? I know it killed Galen, but I don't remember the blast destroying everything around them...?

NewGuy01
I mean, in the game it left a hole in the Death Star that was visible from space.

victreebelvictr
And the Death Star had an extremely powerful armor.

RealistRacism
Lmao, don't know how I missed that detail. Fair enough then.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I mean, in the game it left a hole in the Death Star that was visible from space.

I think that was some chain reaction, iirc. Regardless though, the environmental damage isn't a necessary component of thinking the attack was powerful - lots of clearly potent Force attacks don't have massive environmental effects. We know that Galen drew on the Force more deeply than ever and then unleashed it all right next to Palpatine, and you can compare this to what he's been able to do with far less of his power.

DarkTransfer69
Cade.

Vitiate
This one?

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/147508/4350952-cade+ability+tk+barrier+%281%29.png

DarkTransfer69
Si. Not least because it's on a potent dark side nexus, and he was carrying out a feat of Dark Transfer that was more difficult than any Force feat he had attempted prior while holding the barrier.

RealistRacism
'but muh nexus' isn't an argument anymore ffs.

Vitiate
Fair enough, then.

The Ellimist
I'm not sure if this is as much of a "barrier" feat, but Luke no-selling UnuThul's TK might be the single best one given that:

- UnuThul has the combined potential of trillions of beings
- UnuThul can bend away barrages of turbolasers, which have been stated to be lightspeed weapons with sublight tracers
- It is stated in language that frankly doesn't sound very metaphorical that Luke was literally immovable, black hole etc.

Vitiate
Yeah, 'Thul is damn powerful.

Freedon Nadd
Nihilus. He kept TK'ing the Ravager and his fleet while at the same time shielding his ghost flagship.

AncientPower
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Do we know how potent a hyperdrive explosion is? And by Pre-Nathema, do you mean pre-getting Chained, or pre-getting Unchained?

Given Canon adopted the Legends hyperdrive class system, this should do quite nicely to set an example:
https://youtu.be/UCo7wpCnwL0

I personally think Vaylin contained it in a Force bubble. Then, besides all that, we have Senya saying it should've disintegrated her.

Oh and, obviously pre-Unchained.

Zenwolf
Given Canon adopted the Legends hyperdrive class system, this should do quite nicely to set an example:
https://youtu.be/UCo7wpCnwL0

I personally think Vaylin contained it in a Force bubble. Then, besides all that, we have Senya saying it should've disintegrated her.

Oh and, obviously pre-Unchained.

1. That is a Kyber crystal explosion, not a hyperdrive explosion.

2. Since hyperdrives use hypermatter in fusion reactors, basically the explosion would boil anything within its radius to gas.

Example, Legends, Death Star novel.

An ISD-class 2 and its entire crew were turned into ionized gas within a microsecond.

So basically just take a hyperdrive and apply the same thing with an explosion.

victreebelvictr
That certainly changes things.

TenebrousWay
Skillz will be pleased if AP is telling the truth.

AncientPower

The Ellimist

TenebrousWay
Unchained Vaylin >>> Revan

AncientPower
Except that the hyperdrive clearly exploded and Vaylin used the Force to contain the explosion.

Trying to use technology gaps when we're talking about Iokath tech is ludicrous. Both Republic and Empire ships haven't just got Class 1.0 hyperdrives but also ships like the Ascendant Spear which was a battlecruiser with a Class 0.5 hyperdrive. Then factor in that the empire procurred Isotope-5 which was massively more powerful a power source than anything either side had utilised prior to this. Yet despite Isotope-5, the Eternal Fleet ships were still far more advanced and powerful than the Empire's.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Unchained Vaylin >>> Revan

Nah, Revan> Spirit Vitiate that Death waved Ziost.
This line of scaling is useless anyway.

Zenwolf

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by Haschwalth

Revan is a dim-witted cuck. Vaylin is the new meta.

RealistRacism
Revan wears a girls' mask, he's clearly below Shaak Ti.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Revan is a dim-witted cuck. Vaylin is the new meta.
Brah, he is da OR greatest leader. Vaylin is a hotheaded immature baby.

Galan007
Originally posted by Zenwolf
1. That is a Kyber crystal explosion, not a hyperdrive explosion. Indeed.

The Rebels Visual Guide credits that explosion to the detonation of the kyber crystal aboard the freighter:
https://i.imgur.com/YhZpXQX.jpg

AncientPower
I stand, happily, corrected.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Haschwalth

Vaylin is also above the Vitiate that death waves Ziost. Vastly above, in fact. smile

How is the scaling useless smile

Selenial

The Ellimist
We can clearly witness the destructive effects of both contexts, and they're pretty far different - one vaporizes the entire star destroyer and the other just looks causes a lot of wreckage. Trying to equate it to the former doesn't align with what actually happens.

Zenwolf
I wasn't equaling the ISD and Vaylin's instance. I was merely showing what the hypermatter does, I'm not saying the two feats are comparable.

AncientPower
Originally posted by The Ellimist
We can clearly witness the destructive effects of both contexts, and they're pretty far different - one vaporizes the entire star destroyer and the other just looks causes a lot of wreckage. Trying to equate it to the former doesn't align with what actually happens.

You must be incapable of reading. The wreckage is what is left over. Vaylin absorbed the worst of the explosion with the Force.

The Ellimist
i was mostly responding to Sel @zenwolf

The Ellimist

Selenial

AncientPower
She must've contained the blast with the Force, some kind of Force bubble. So whilst the wreckage of the ship wasn't contained, the actual energy of the hyperdrive exploding was. And we know that's exactly what happened, the hyperdrive itself exploded; not merely the ship.

The Ellimist

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well actually what do you mean by wreckage, the wreckage of the ship that had the damaged hyperdrive, or the total wreckage? Because if it’s the former, I’m not sure it really matters if the potency of the hyperdrive explosion is consistent with what zen posted on the last page.

Zenwolf
Well actually what do you mean by wreckage, the wreckage of the ship that had the damaged hyperdrive, or the total wreckage? Because if it’s the former, I’m not sure it really matters if the potency of the hyperdrive explosion is consistent with what zen posted on the last page.

Again....my post was just showing what hypermatter does, I'm not saying that the hyperdrive explosion = to the Battle Lance explosion.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Zenwolf
Alright, my brain is a little fried from a long day at work in the sun, so apologies.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

victreebelvictr

DarthSkywalker0
"She knew her daughter was still alive; on some level Senya would have sensed her death. But even shielded by the Force, the blast would have been strong enough to leave Vaylin disoriented and weakened. Vulnerable and fearing for her life, she might have fled."

Are you really attempting to claim that the bolded text is referencing that the blast was "shielded" rather than Vaylin...

( A post by Syndiciate )

gold slorg
smile is the best smiley

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
"She knew her daughter was still alive; on some level Senya would have sensed her death. But even shielded by the Force, the blast would have been strong enough to leave Vaylin disoriented and weakened. Vulnerable and fearing for her life, she might have fled."

Are you really attempting to claim that the bolded text is referencing that the blast was "shielded" rather than Vaylin...

( A post by Syndiciate )

Grammar smile

victreebelvictr
All hail the smile

gold slorg
smile

AncientPower
Chained Vaylin contained a hyperdrive explosion. thumb up

DarthSkywalker0
Grammar smile

I get what you're saying, but does it really make sense for it to say the blast was shielded if it meant that it was being encased in a barrier? Seems like it's more likely referring to Vaylin shielding herself otherwise; it would have been phrased differently, Vaylin wouldn't have been mentioned prior to the blast, and it wouldn't have directly referenced that despite ____ being "shielded/protected" VAYLIN still suffered certain effects ( I.E. she's the subject of the quote ).

*Shrug*

That's just my take on it. Not saying your interpretation is invalid, I just find it to be less likely then the obvious alternative.

( A post by Syndicate )

AncientPower
It was written by Drew Karpyshyn, of course it's poorly worded.

DarthSkywalker0
It was written by Drew Karpyshyn, of course it's poorly worded.

🤔 You make a fair point...

( A post by Syndicate )

Selenial

AncientPower
'Conveniently left out' perhaps you should complain to Legend.

But I would love to know which head gymnastic techniques you must've utilised, to come to the conclusion that an energy source utilising hypermatter is remotely the same to explosives or splitting atoms.

Hyperdrives are encased in protective armor for the purpose of not exploding due to damage sustained on other parts of the vessel, if my memory serves me correctly.

The Ellimist
Selenial is right. Looking at the passage in Death Star again:

The instability isn't just the result of a generic explosion. If that were the case, *every* hypermatter equipped ship would immediately vaporize on puncture of its reactor, and that clearly doesn't happen. There's no reason to think that the puncturing of the reactor results in the releasing of all or even a large part of its potential energy - that certainly doesn't happen with most real life reactors.

carthage
Vader on Cymoon 1

Jacen deflecting turbolasers

The Ellimist
Vader tanking Starkiller's blue-glowing, externally amped rage lightning for like 30 seconds and then, if you pick the dark side ending, standing up like a minute later with no apparent issues is pretty impressive too, given that Starkiller's lightning charged an ISD busting cannon.

If we're using "barrier" liberally then the absolute best one is probably Luke in DN, and/or Sidious shielding objects from his Force storms if that's how he safely teleports them. On the tier right below would be Sidious tanking Galen's suicide blast.

Jaggarath
Lmao ^

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.