Drew Karpyshyn's opinion(of Darth Bane) about Darth Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freedon Nadd
https://www.unboundworlds.com/2011/11/interview-with-drew-karpyshyn-author-star-wars-the-old-republic-revan/

AncientPower
He did fvck up though, Vader would've been Bane's wet dream. But instead he failed to see his apprentice's mental shortcomings. Which wasted the single greatest prospect the Sith Order ever had.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by AncientPower
He did fvck up though, Vader would've been Bane's wet dream. But instead he failed to see his apprentice's mental shortcomings. Which wasted the single greatest prospect the Sith Order ever had.

Even Bane, at his own turn, is some sort of "impostor". If we take it chronologically, Krayt should be the "truest" Sith - because his Rule of One is similar to Ajunta Pall's leadership system.

Unbowed
Back up. What?

NewGuy01
Depending on the source you look at, yes, he was two-timing them.

TenebrousWay
Who cares about what Bane thinks?

The Merchant
All Sith think other Sith are trash

victreebelvictr
Some respect others.

Simms was extremely respected in the Golden Era of the Sith, though everyone worked together at that point of time.

Zentrex
Originally posted by The Merchant
thumb up

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Some respect others.

Simms was extremely respected in the Golden Era of the Sith, though everyone worked together at that point of time.
Sure, but of course no sith will ever see eye-to-eye with anyone with a different ideology. It's strangely the one ideology all sith seem to share.

Petrus
Bane has a point, although, I'm not sure Sidious truly never intended to have a heir. After all, he did know Anakin had the potential to surpass him and still decided to make him his apprentice. I believe he even says something like this at some point: "My apprentice will become more powerful than either of us." I might be mistaken, but I do believe he does say that.

I mean, it's not like he intended Vader to be burnt and to be so psychologically hindered that he wouldn't live up to his potential. At least I don't think so.

The Merchant
I think despite Palpatines later plans he still low key wanted to be succeeded. His comments on Anakin Galen and Luke all indicate that.

Sinious
Originally posted by Petrus
I might be mistaken, but I do believe he does say that. Seriously? erm

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Petrus
Bane has a point, although, I'm not sure Sidious truly never intended to have a heir. After all, he did know Anakin had the potential to surpass him and still decided to make him his apprentice. I believe he even says something like this at some point: "My apprentice will become more powerful than either of us." I might be mistaken, but I do believe he does say that.

I mean, it's not like he intended Vader to be burnt and to be so psychologically hindered that he wouldn't live up to his potential. At least I don't think so.

Bane's point got obsolete. Palpatine's rule is the best, followed by Krayt's.

To rule: Sidious' Rule of Eternal
To conquer: Krayt's Rule of One
To overthrow: Bane's Rule of Two

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by The Merchant

Don't "modern" Sith speak highly of the ancient Sith?

Trocity
Bane would be jealous of Sidious' success and power.

Petrus
Originally posted by Sinious
Seriously? erm

I got my wires crossed. erm

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Trocity
Bane would be jealous of Sidious' success and power.

That's true.

The only thing Bane gets credit for is that he destroyed a "corrupt" Sith organization.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.