The ending to Revolutions I would love to see.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

monkesmatrix
I personally think these movies are a telling of things to come based on the New Testement and borrowing from the old days of Jesus Christ. My theory is that at the end of Revoltions Neo will be forced to die for all mankind in order to save mankind, just like Jesus did on the cross. He died for all our sins.
I would love to see everyone be set free from the Matrix thanks to a sacrifice by Neo.
Think about it, all the God and Jesus references in the first Matrix are too much to talk about. "Your my savior man, my own personal Jesus Christ," said Choi for one example.
Then in Reloaded, Neo brought Trinity back to life, just like Jesus did to Lazerus. Plus the whole being able to 'change the Matrix whenever he sees fit' idea plays very well into the Jesus Christ theory too.
Jesus was accounted in the Bible as being able to change things, especially little things like Water into Wine. He was able to mulitple fish to feed a nation of starving people.
Anyway, I have other ideas about this and think that if they did it this way The Matrix Trilogy could go down in history as the most philosophical movies and most well thought out series in the history of film. If you want to talk to more about it, just respond.

princess leia
i see your point but i dont agree. however, most of that feeling comes from me being a christian and i dont like the idea of them using the story of the bible in a movie like that. not that i mind the bible in the movies or anything but if they dont make it obvious or explain everything (it only uses biblical references, doesnt explain them or actually tell the jesus story) then i dont think i want people getting hte wrong idea about the christian faith.
i just read what i wrote and it sounds really pious. i dont mean it to be i just dont like the idea of someone taking something real to a lot of people and using it in a fiction movie. and not really getting all the details right. no offense to anyone. i still love the matrix wink

The Omega

Kes
Saying that Neo is the savior and comparing that to Jesus being the savior doesn't necessary mean the story as to go the same way.

princess leia
omega> i pretty much agree with that. i dont want either of them to die. but i really dont want the pregnant thing to happen.
i know what you mean about star wars. thats why i love the original trilogy better.
i think that it should kill a few people but not too many though or it will be m1 starts with ppl and they are all killed. m2 introduces all these neww ppl then they are all killed.
and it would be interesting if the real architect turned out to be neo.

svicic
"Being a hopeless romantic I do not want neither Neo or Trinity to die or loose one another. Their love is like something out of an old legend or myth or something."

I agree totally, and I don't think it would be right for them to kill either of them of therfore I think Morpheus will die and that Neo will die as well but then be resurrected into the "changed" world.I don't know what I'd do if either Trinity or Neo died-I would seriously cry!

princess leia
oh yeah- i woudnt mind if morpheus died.
i dont even want to think about if neo or trinity died. :'(

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.