Bane vs Black Panther

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Bane was ranked by DC as the 10th greatest villain. We know Bane is a prep master so his physical strength had to have been a factor of this. Does Panther stand a chance? Go!!!

Parmaniac
Where was Panther ranked by DC?

Galan007
11th, iirc.

Bane wins. thumb up

krisblaze
I'm honestly liking Panther for this

carver9
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Where was Panther ranked by DC?

What are you talking about, Sin?

DarkSaint85
Lol.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by carver9
We know Bane is a prep master so his physical strength had to have been a factor of this. ?

One Big Mob
The stronger Bane is, the better his prep.

Also Carver forgot an "isn't" in there.

psycho gundam
It's a wonder how an organism with so much going against it makes it to a new day on this planet. Every post -broken as they are- still show evidence that he's persevered and that should be applauded

One Big Mob
Poor Carver. Every little mistake he does gets blown up. Guy is under a microscope all day. He tries to do his best but sometimes his best is another guys worst.

I like the guy, he seems alright. I wouldn't trust him around kids or if I was sleeping or anything, but I'd get a whiskey beverage with him if we ever met.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by One Big Mob
The stronger Bane is, the better his prep.

Also Carver forgot an "isn't" in there.

Or did he?

Bane DID use prep to take down Batman.

It's a sad indictment of our time, when we genuinely don't know if he made a mistake or not.

carver9
Meant to say ISNT a prep master but I'm sure you all knew this (FFFFFFUUUUUU*******).

cdtm
Using the Iron Fist litmus test:

Can't see Bane surviving this.

And Bane sure isn't hitting as hard.

DarkSaint85
Meant to say ISNT a prep master but I'm sure you all knew this (FFFFFFUUUUUU*******).

But he's literally on the list due to prep, and has explicitly no powers.

Wtf.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by cdtm

And Bane sure isn't hitting as hard. I totally can.

cdtm
Originally posted by Parmaniac
I totally can.

Considering he tore up a vibranium suit, I doubt it. Bane's tough, but not that tough.

Only ONE of those things can clock Cage. Who's going to argue Bane is tougher then Luke Cage?

DarkSaint85
Am still confused.

Is this a prep battle or no?

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Am still confused.

Is this a prep battle or no?

From the emphasis on his strength, I doubt it.

But you never know with Carver. laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
Yeah. Super confused.

Bane was ranked by DC as the 10th greatest villain. We know Bane is a prep master so his physical strength had to have been a factor of this. Does Panther stand a chance? Go!!!

So fair enough. Carver made an honest spelling mistake. He meant to say that Bane isn't a prep guy, and DC ranked him as the 10th greatest villain in the DCU due to his physical strength.

So DC ranked Bane as 10th due to his intellect:

https://i.postimg.cc/fTP7DZR2/DC_Nation_2018-_005-010.jpg

It EXPLICITLY states he has no superpowers, and is a master strategist. Even calls him the Anti-Batman. Mentions how he outwitted Batman. Engineered an attack that broke Bats' back. Manipulated events.

IOW, DC rates Bane because of his prep. But....Carver says wha?

Did you even read the words, Carv?

carver9
Yeah. Super confused.

So fair enough. Carver made an honest spelling mistake. He meant to say that Bane isn't a prep guy, and DC ranked him as the 10th greatest villain in the DCU due to his physical strength.

So DC ranked Bane as 10th due to his intellect:

https://i.postimg.cc/fTP7DZR2/DC_Nation_2018-_005-010.jpg

It EXPLICITLY states he has no superpowers, and is a master strategist. Even calls him the Anti-Batman. Mentions how he outwitted Batman. Engineered an attack that broke Bats' back. Manipulated events.

IOW, DC rates Bane because of his prep. But....Carver says wha?

Did you even read the words, Carv?

I guess I'm reading something different because it outright mentions his strength. It's not directly mentioning prep as an indication of him being ranked where he is at. Let's not take away from one of the best villains in DC. The number 10.

Senor Cage
Bane's mind is his greatest asset. He's the main villain playing Batman now.

carver9
Originally posted by Senor Cage
Bane's mind is his greatest asset. He's the main villain playing Batman now.

His strength was mentioned as well.

smile

Senor Cage
We know, but his tactical mind is his most dangerous attribute. Even Batman has said this.

NemeBro
I guess I'm reading something different because it outright mentions his strength. It's not directly mentioning prep as an indication of him being ranked where he is at. Let's not take away from one of the best villains in DC. The number 10. How would ranking Bane's mind as his most dangerous attribute take anything away from him as a villain?

carver9
Originally posted by NemeBro
How would ranking Bane's mind as his most dangerous attribute take anything away from him as a villain?

Never said his mind wasnt "part" of their decision but his strength is as well.

Sin I AM
Never said his mind wasnt "part" of their decision but his strength is as well.

Stop beating around the bush and speak plainly.

Senor Cage
Carver. SMH.

DarkSaint85
What is Bane's weapon of mass destruction?

Are you actually being serious Carv?

StiltmanFTW
What is Bane's weapon of mass destruction?

He gets really strong thanks to Venom and breaks the world.

DarkSaint85
I think Carver speed reads on his phone, and misses like.....everything.

DarkSaint85
Next post from Carver: Bane is a threat because he is from the Caribbean, they mentioned it in his bio smile

Talia is a threat, because she is a mother thumb up

I thought it was crystal clear Bane was in the top 10 because of his prep. His strength is like, a minor factor at best.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by cdtm

And Bane sure isn't hitting as hard.

Bane hits pretty hard.

https://i.imgur.com/TfLZMMV.jpg

He has no venom there, btw. And Red Hood's helmet is pretty tough.

Or here:
https://i.imgur.com/RicIS32.jpg?1

Batman's taser to the face just makes him laugh:
https://i.imgur.com/xkKJkl9.jpg

And we don't want to get into who that taser has affected, lol.

StiltmanFTW
He shrugged off acid to the face, too.

StiltmanFTW
1. https://i.imgur.com/e3OjRFg.jpg
2. https://i.imgur.com/hwYNhTs.jpg

cdtm
Never saw the acid one.

I read King's run, and he wrote a pretty fearsome Bane.

But, come on. Tanking acid to the five and crushing a pretty tough helmet won't justify taking a punch from Superman, nor hurting him.

And while Danny is certainly no Superman, the Fist is up there with characters that can probably knock him off his feet. I bet IF can take, say, Mammoth. Or Rhino. We've seen it take better, at its best.

That Vibranium suit he shredded, for one. It tanked Iron Man blows, Namor hits, you name it.

But I made a Luke Cage vs Bane thread, if anyone wants to argue there. smile

h1a8
BP wins

carver9
Next post from Carver: Bane is a threat because he is from the Caribbean, they mentioned it in his bio smile

Talia is a threat, because she is a mother thumb up

I thought it was crystal clear Bane was in the top 10 because of his prep. His strength is like, a minor factor at best.

So the things hes done with prep puts him in the 10th spot? Do you honestly believe its JUST prep? Hes not to far off from Darkseid on this list.

DarkSaint85
So the things hes done with prep puts him in the 10th spot? Do you honestly believe its JUST prep? Hes not to far off from Darkseid on this list.

That's literally what the scan says. He has no superhuman powers. Literally spells it out for you. He's peak human, but still human.

He outprepped Batman. The DC god of prep, lol. Several times. That's what the scan says.

Do I believe it? No. But do DC believe it? Yes. And why do they believe it? Read the scan.

DarkSaint85
Moreover, re-read the scan.

It's a list of the 10 biggest threats facing the DC universe.

Doesn't mean the 10 greatest villains of all time, or the most powerful.

Right now, in DC, who are the biggest threats facing DC?

Galan007
Exactly. It's not an 'all-time greatest' list. It's a list of the top 10 threats currently facing DC.

The list is essentially promoting the villains who are currently involved in, or about to be involved in, major arcs... They're trying to sell issues with that list.

Parmaniac
Where was Bendis placed?

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Galan007
Exactly. It's not an 'all-time greatest' list. It's a list of the top 10 threats currently facing DC.

The list is essentially promoting the villains who are currently involved in, or about to be involved in, major arcs... They're trying to sell issues with that list. Basically it's a shit list just like all of these lists are.

Why Darksaint is defending it, outside of being Mr Contrarian Carver is beyond me. It's a joke. Bane shouldn't be on it for any reason. And Laughman Who Bats especially shouldn't be top. If Carver said that though, Darksaint would come out of nowhere and blast him.

carver9
Everyone have trolls following them... the crazy thing is, I just have more than the average. Lol... I never outright respond to the people that have some type of agenda against me... I care less about them. I'm only here for Pr, he keeps ignoring my attention, but, my trolls, they just have to respond in every thread that I'm in. Known real life fact about me, I hate attention. Cant stand it. I just want to be left alone and KMC just isnt granting me this wish. Let me post in a thread and keep it pushin, but, as long as I have my cdtm, titans, and saints, that sh** just ain't going to happen.

Galan007
DS wants to wear your skin, IMO. thumb up

Philosophía
Basically it's a shit list just like all of these lists are.

Why Darksaint is defending it, outside of being Mr Contrarian Carver is beyond me. It's a joke. Bane shouldn't be on it for any reason. And Laughman Who Bats especially shouldn't be top. If Carver said that though, Darksaint would come out of nowhere and blast him. "Which characters do we want to hype as threats for out heroes, the list" would be better.

DarkSaint85
Basically it's a shit list just like all of these lists are.

Why Darksaint is defending it, outside of being Mr Contrarian Carver is beyond me. It's a joke. Bane shouldn't be on it for any reason. And Laughman Who Bats especially shouldn't be top. If Carver said that though, Darksaint would come out of nowhere and blast him.

That's....exactly what I said.

That's literally what the scan says. He has no superhuman powers. Literally spells it out for you. He's peak human, but still human.

He outprepped Batman. The DC god of prep, lol. Several times. That's what the scan says.

Do I believe it? No. But do DC believe it? Yes. And why do they believe it? Read the scan.

Moreover, re-read the scan.

It's a list of the 10 biggest threats facing the DC universe.

Doesn't mean the 10 greatest villains of all time, or the most powerful.

Right now, in DC, who are the biggest threats facing DC?

I'm NOT defending it, lol. I am merely saying that if Carver wants to use it as the basis for this thread, he's doing so in the mistaken belief that DC are hyping Bane as the #10 most powerful villain in DC, or the best character, or the guy with the biggest dong, whatever.

IOW, at least understand what it is before attempting to mock it.

After all, he's already using it to pump Marvel up:

Lol at Bane. Sabertooth would be number 3 in DC.

And it's all down to his lack of comprehension.

Edit: in other threads, he's treating these lists as the definitive rankings:

When did we start ignoring DC rankings?

So yeah, better nip this in the bud before it becomes some forum myth. 5 years later, Carver is still talking about the time Bane was 'DC's #10 strongest villain of all time' or some Chinese whisper game thing.

One Big Mob

DarkSaint85
thumb up

But then you can't really hype up people like Darksaint with titles like that. Though I'm not sure if he really believes it, or he's just going against Carver?

I believe it's a top 10 list of the current 'big name' threats to the DCU as of Oct 2018 or whenever it is. Kinda like the top 10 most streamed songs on Spotify. Doesn't mean they're the best songs ever, or the longest songs ever, or anything like that.

It's just whatever Golgo Prep Cage is trying to shill to us for shekels atm. That's all.

I do NOT believe it's the most dangerous villains or whatever. Jeez Louise, lol.

One Big Mob
I believe it's a top 10 list of the current 'big name' threats to the DCU as of Oct 2018 or whenever it is. Kinda like the top 10 most streamed songs on Spotify. Doesn't mean they're the best songs ever, or the longest songs ever, or anything like that.

It's just whatever Golgo Prep Cage is trying to shill to us for shekels atm. That's all.

I do NOT believe it's the most dangerous villains or whatever. Jeez Louise, lol. We all know if Carver said Samsung was the best, you'd go buy an Iphone that same day. You're not fooling anyone.

I think it dates back to the ancient history between the blacks and the asians, where a black fella would come into a chinese owned corner store and just start stealing things. Ever since then it's been a primal hate between the two races. You need to let that go though. The only thing Carver steals is our hearts. Comic boards ain't no place for racism.

DarkSaint85
Hey now. I've been fair and even-handed with ol' Carv. Even gave him a BZ judgement win.

We have many things in common. We are both Team Ares, after all.

One Big Mob
Everyone have trolls following them... the crazy thing is, I just have more than the average. Lol... I never outright respond to the people that have some type of agenda against me... I care less about them. I'm only here for Pr, he keeps ignoring my attention, but, my trolls, they just have to respond in every thread that I'm in. Known real life fact about me, I hate attention. Cant stand it. I just want to be left alone and KMC just isnt granting me this wish. Let me post in a thread and keep it pushin, but, as long as I have my cdtm, titans, and saints, that sh** just ain't going to happen. Are you only counting those three among your Carver Trolls? It's funny how those three never actually team up against you. They'd have more luck one-for-alling it.

Dark is really upset you're treating this as the way the Good Golgo intended it though. You'd think he'd just laugh it off like the joke everyone is making it out to be, but no he needs to put his fan fiction take in your face.

I don't know how you deal with it sometimes. Carver can't even make jokes without the Patron Saint of Dark around to correct him. Let Carver breath sometimes, right?

One Big Mob
Hey now. I've been fair and even-handed with ol' Carv. Even gave him a BZ judgement win.

We have many things in common. We are both Team Ares, after all. Ares will bring us all together. Colossus will try to divide us. When KMC is at its darkest, make an Ares thread and look for the light to show you the way.

I put way too much whiskey in my coffee today too I just realized.

cdtm
Are you only counting those three among your Carver Trolls? It's funny how those three never actually team up against you. They'd have more luck one-for-alling it.

Dark is really upset you're treating this as the way the Good Golgo intended it though. You'd think he'd just laugh it off like the joke everyone is making it out to be, but no he needs to put his fan fiction take in your face.

I don't know how you deal with it sometimes. Carver can't even make jokes without the Patron Saint of Dark around to correct him. Let Carver breath sometimes, right?

I just assumed Dark was trying to carry my load, since I've been slacking. I haven't bumped the Superman vs Goku thread in months, or really made an effort to interject Superman vs Dragon Ball into every conversation.

DarkSaint85
**** no am I teaming up with IT. He'd eat me.

carver9
Are you only counting those three among your Carver Trolls? It's funny how those three never actually team up against you. They'd have more luck one-for-alling it.

Oh noooooo, it's more than just those 3. They are the first to pop up in this skull. These people know who they are.

cdtm
Oh noooooo, it's more than just those 3. They are the first to pop up in this skull. These people know who they are.

Everyone?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.