Blue Marvel Vs [DOS] Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Spectre+
The Man Who Pummled Sentry

Vs

The Beast Who Killed The Man Of Steel.

Who Wins??

FIGHT!!!!!!

carver9
Blue Marvel kills him.

abhilegend
Doomsday would destroy him.

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend

xJLxKing
DD wins

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by abhilegend

After a decent fight. Blue Marvel does have consistently good showings though.

Senor Cage
Doomy wins.

Damborgson
Marvel would do as well as expected before going down.

Philosophía
Doomsday shitstomps.

One Big Mob

Philosophía
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Racis...

Oh, I thought you said curb, my mistake. lol

DD DoS hadn't yet gained intellect, so he isn't rational enough to do that.

quanchi112
BM wins.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by quanchi112
BM wins. You know he's black, not actually blue right? And not just his face is black, but his whole body, even his palms are of that color.

Or does your DC hate supersede your racism?

Stoic
Blue Marvel kicks his ass in. DOS DD lacked the strength to compete at this level. Superman at that time was weak asf.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

riv6672
Blue Marvel wins.

This is a forum fight, not a story specifically geared to have him make a heroic sacrifice.
DEATH OF SUPERMAN was a great story, but heavy on cis/pis. Forum fights arent.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by carver9
Blue Marvel kills him. laughing out loud

panthergod
Doomsday annihilates BM. Sentry as well.

quanchi112
You know he's black, not actually blue right? And not just his face is black, but his whole body, even his palms are of that color.

Or does your DC hate supersede your racism? I put my racism aside for threads unlike he is dc black which is the worst.

SquallX
Originally posted by Stoic
Blue Marvel kicks his ass in. DOS DD lacked the strength to compete at this level. Superman at that time was weak asf.

Tell that to Darkseid, Radiant, and Guardians. Mind you all those fears took place before DOS.

quanchi112
Originally posted by SquallX
Tell that to Darkseid, Radiant, and Guardians. Mind you all those fears took place before DOS. Context.

Senor Cage

He was weaker than Rebirth Superman, but still stronger/more formidable than BM.

TheHulkster
BM wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheHulkster
BM wins. thumb up

riv6672

Pillow Biter
This is the kind of question that really shows who understands how comics really work and who doesn't.
People who understand comics can see that there is often a 'permanent power up paradox' at work in comics. Think of it as classic Iron Man Syndrome (a Syndrome that he may finally have escaped to some degree).
But the key point is that a hero often gets explicit power ups that are explicitly referenced, typically in his own books but maybe more widely. Said hero may even start beating opponents he could not before, showing a true relative gain in power. However, the more the hero tends to jump out of his traditional ranking, the more likely it is for the power up to be explicitly temporary.
Still, sometimes explicit power ups don't get explicitly rescinded. Yet watch the relative standings of the heroes over time--they often settle back to their normal hierarchy despite the power ups of some of the heroes in the hierarchy. That's why I call it 'Iron Man Syndrome': think of how many times his armor got upgraded, but Iron Man basically stayed at the same tier.
So one has to be careful in saying that Superman was weaker back then. And thus is someone is on par with Superman now, he'd beat DOS Doomsday badly, etc.
Superman started off post-crisis as the #1 stunner, with Wonder Woman shown as a close second most of the time; but sometimes Superman did his crazy showings thing and seemed much more dominant compared to all the other top tiers. Much later in post-crisis, the ranking looked pretty much the same despite several permanent and explicit power ups on Superman's behalf that weren't matched by the other top tiers.
So it's tricky stuff, most of these power ups and then rating fights using them.

SquallX

Stoic

tkitna
Blue Marvel wins

D-Block
Blue Marvel wins.

quanchi112

-K-M-
Somewhere Galan is getting ready to pounce on this thread

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ubqmFn2F7ytq/giphy.gif

panthergod

lol, Compared to who?

Prove that BM is anywhere near DD in strength, first of all.

panthergod
DD had a gl ring thus making the entire showing irrelevant since he does not have it here and it is an amp. Darkseid has submitted to Superman before, killed by Orion physically, so the showing makes sense. Surfer has destroyed entire planets before to defeat morg but that does not make it wholly more impressive imo. Marvel wins imo. Jurgens stated he came out of nowhere hence the impsct that he did have in the story,

Darkseid is far, far beyond BM, however.

DD annihilates energy beings.

quanchi112
Originally posted by panthergod
Darkseid is far, far beyond BM, however.

DD annihilates energy beings. Iyo not mine. No. He evolved past one attack not all attacks from every energy being.

panthergod
Iyo not mine. No. He evolved past one attack not all attacks from every energy being.

Not up for debate, Darkseid>>>BM, period. Please argue otherwise so i can annihilate you with ease yet again.

He's encountered and evolved past a wide variety of attacks: Oan, Qwardian, Chonal energy etc.

He also instantly countered Waverider's energy form.

BM cannot take out DD, nowwhere near powerful enough.

quanchi112
Originally posted by panthergod
Not up for debate, Darkseid>>>BM, period. Please argue otherwise so i can annihilate you with ease yet again.

He's encountered and evolved past a wide variety of attacks: Oan, Qwardian, Chonal energy etc.

He also instantly countered Waverider's energy form.

BM cannot take out DD, nowwhere near powerful enough. Iyo not mine. That is off topic so I will not derail the thread just because you cannot handle a difference of opinion.

Yes, I agree he can evolve past specific ones but he can also be killed by them.

I think BM is more powerful than dos personally.

deathslash
So, somehow Doomsday is going to tag a non holding back Blue Marvel who's also fighting smart? How is he going to touch someone that stays in the air? How does he deal with the anti-matter blasts?

-K-M-

Philosophía
If anybody wants to do a Blue Marvel vs Byrne Era Superman battlezone (i.e. up until his death, without his all out state -- you know, the same 'weak' Superman who couldn't even hurt DoS), let me know thumb up

carver9
So you can only use fts from the DOS arc where he fought Doomsday? Because that's the Doomsday that is being discussed here.

Philosophía
It's, quite frankly, amazing how that question made sense in your head.

Do we only count feats from Sentry that he did in the WWH arc?

Idiot.

Scarlet315
Originally posted by deathslash
So, somehow Doomsday is going to tag a non holding back Blue Marvel who's also fighting smart? How is he going to touch someone that stays in the air? How does he deal with the anti-matter blasts?
Agreed, i think blue marvel is close to a composite of reed richards and supes. My boy blue will be able to hold his own physically until he quickly realizes that DD wont go down by a physical confrontation. Thats when he'll have to use his smarts. Keep in mind this dude was part of a team that turned galactus who since forever has been gobbling up planets to now generating life. Only question is how does blue take him out with his power set, intelligence included.

Galan007
Originally posted by -K-M-
Somewhere Galan is getting ready to pounce on this thread

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ubqmFn2F7ytq/giphy.gif laughing out loud

But there's not really much to pounce on, tbh. Doomsday's strength/speed continued growing throughout the entire event -- to the point where it took Superman entering a fully unleashed/all-out/bloodlusted mindset(the likes of which would only be seen again during OWAW) to even begin causing damage to DD.

BM simply isn't on that level.

carver9
@Phil, we count fts only for WWH that he did in THAT arc. Why doesnt that apply to DOS, DOS, DOS Superman or Doomsday.?

Philosophía
Originally posted by carver9
@Phil, we count fts only for WWH that he did in THAT arc. Why doesnt that apply to DOS, DOS, DOS Superman or Doomsday.? What in the actual f uck...?

Are you trolling? We don't count only feats did by Hulk in that arc. Did you miss all the talk about Hulk 'being the strongest ever', thus being able to use feats from Savage Hulk, Grey Hulk etc. and scaling them?

The same way we don't count only feats Sentry displayed in that arc, alone . The same way we don't count feats displayed in that arc alone by She-Hulk, Thing, Ares, the X-Men etc....otherwise they'd all be featless.

What's the matter with you?

DarkSaint85
What Carver means, is why can't we use WBH feats for WWH. So let's say it's WWH vs Superman (randomly picking a random character here).

Carver wants WWH to suddenly ramp up to WBH, and stomp Superman, in essence.

Galan007
Same basic reason we can't use H/P feats for DoS Doomsday.

That was easy. smile

Philosophía
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What Carver means, is why can't we use WBH feats for WWH. So let's say it's WWH vs Superman (randomly picking a random character here).

Carver wants WWH to suddenly ramp up to WBH, and stomp Superman, in essence. He'll agree with you, even though that's not what he said, did he now?

That's...a completely different discussion.

WWH is not isolated to only that arc, the same way Sentry isn't, the same way no other character there isn't. That's what he claims. Which is absurd.

You can use feats from other arcs, since they're...the same character. In Hulk's case, even stronger than before.

One Big Mob
I think Carver is saying that DOS Doomsday was weakened.
But mayhaps also perchance he tweren't saying that most definitely 100 percent?

Philosophía
I think Carver is saying that DOS Doomsday was weakened.
But mayhaps also perchance he tweren't saying that most definitely 100 percent? Carver can't seem to understand how to explode information yet, only scans.

Anyway..

I tried.

----

So if anybody wants to take non-all-out, Byrne era Superman up until his death vs Blue Marvel, that'd be cool.

Hell, I want a short debate on something, since I'm bored. So if anybody wants to shoot with a match-up that's interesting...I'd take either side of the characters, as long as it's not ridiculously unbalanced

Except Colossus vs Ares...I guess.

One Big Mob
Carver just sent me a message saying he'll take Superman against my Blue Marvel. He probably sent it to the wrong person tbh...

Philosophía
lol

Damborgson

DarkSaint85
Ohhhh my

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Damborgson
Bring it on thumb up You're going to take a black guy with 4 and a half feats against Superman in a feat off? Bruv.

Philosophía
Bring it on thumb up Which one?

Damborgson

Philosophía
Non all out Byrne era Superman (you) vs Blue Marvel (me) Perfect.

Is Thursday-Sunday ok?

3 posts, opening - rebuttal - closing?

Damborgson
Is Friday deadline alright ? Then to Monday ?

CosmicComet
Bring it on thumb up

I tip my hat to you.

Philosophía
Is Friday deadline alright ? Then to Monday ? Yeah.

I will send my last post on Sunday, since I only have this interval free, but we'll probably PMit so it's ok.

Battlezone rules, judges...Galan? Leo?

CosmicComet
I can be a judge if damb is ok with it.

Philosophía
I'm ok with that if he is.

Galan007
I won't judge because I'm somewhat biased going in.

I can host it, though, if you guys want?

Scarlet315
You're going to take a black guy with 4 and a half feats against Superman in a feat off? Bruv.
I'll Always bet on black, lol. Though his feats are low its still impressive nonetheless

NemeBro
Originally posted by Galan007
I won't judge because I'm somewhat biased going in. Because Blue Marvel is black? mmm

Philosophía
I won't judge because I'm somewhat biased going in.

I can host it, though, if you guys want? yep thumb up

Damborgson
Originally posted by CosmicComet
I can be a judge if damb is ok with it.

Of course good sir 👊

Damborgson
Also I'm down for Leo, Cosmic anyone really.

If Bazie and Realitywarper have sock accounts that's fine too.

Galan007
Originally posted by NemeBro
Because Blue Marvel is black? mmm whistle

Originally posted by Phil
yep thumb up Will do.

So just to make sure I've got this right:

-Non-all-out, Byrne era Superman (Phil) vs. Blue Marvel (Dambo).
-3 post limit.
-Tentatively beginning Friday(10/12), and concluding Monday(10/15).

Correct?

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Scarlet315
I'll Always bet on black, lol. Though his feats are low its still impressive nonetheless Yeah but there's something I don't trust about him. For example look at his palms here:
http://imgur.com/a/ttBxn

Now let's compare that to people dark as sin
http://www.tapmagafrica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/62.jpg

I don't know if that's part of his powers or what but it's something to keep an eye out for. If Dambo can use this to his advantage he has a great shot.

Scarlet315
Originally posted by NemeBro
Because Blue Marvel is black? mmm
Can't call it, lol.
But right off in recent years his feats like sentry has been impressive. Marvel has a way of introducing brand new characters and just with this post being proof making you feel like they've existed for a long time with nothing but a really good back story.

deathslash
Also I'm down for Leo, Cosmic anyone really.

If Bazie and Realitywarper have sock accounts that's fine too. I can judge. I've got the free time tbh.

Scarlet315
Yeah but there's something I don't trust about him. For example look at his palms here:
http://imgur.com/a/ttBxn

Now let's compare that to people dark as sin
http://www.tapmagafrica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/62.jpg

I don't know if that's part of his powers or what but it's something to keep an eye out for. If Dambo can use this to his advantage he has a great shot.
Beautiful woman. Who is that; your moms, sister, gf. And why is she crying?

Philosophía
whistle

Will do.

So just to make sure I've got this right:

-Non-all-out, Byrne era Superman (Phil) vs. Blue Marvel (Dambo).
-3 post limit.
-Tentatively beginning Friday(10/12), and concluding Monday(10/15).

Correct? yep.

To put it short: I can't use Superman killing Doomsday as a feat, since that:s when he went all out. Everything else goes, except the feats that he did after his resurrection.

CosmicComet
Are you using superman being able to hurt doomsday as a feat or not even that?

Philosophía
I'll be fair and leave everything Doomsday related out.

CosmicComet
Ah nice.

I think this will be a good one.

Philosophía
Damborg is one of my favorite posters, it will be.

CosmicComet
That's because you are the Palpatine to his young confused Anakin.

Philosophía
I'm subtly trying to make him see that Superman is a better character to look up to than Thor.

And by subtly, I mean basically yelling.

Damborgson
You almost had me too, if LoB hadn't invited me to the house of El in bold red text.

CosmicComet
The house of El would be unstoppable with you.

In a way, LoB's actions kept balance here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.