A study finds Russian Trolls stoked 'star wars the last jedi' fan outrage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
.marketwatch.com/story/russian-trolls-stoked-star-wars-the-last-jedi-fan-outrage-study-finds-2018-10-01?mod=newsviewer_click

As usually they tapped into the dimness of the alt-right

DarthPlaguis12
laughing

DarthPlaguis12

Putinbot1
dur

DarthPlaguis12
laughing

Was it Russian bots to blame over solo too?

Putinbot1
durhulk

Surtur
At least this time your claims aren't coming from The Young Turks. Baby steps.

Putinbot1
Pinocchio dur

Surtur
Those damn Russians, The Last Jedi truly wasn't a pile of shit after all! Well now we know. I see the film in an entirely new light.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Surtur
Those damn Russians, The Last Jedi truly wasn't a pile of shit after all! Well now we know. I see the film in an entirely new light. Those aren't the claims being made, people like you bought into... dur

Silent Master
I think it being a bad movie probably had a bigger effect than any Russian trolls.

Surtur
Russians were behind the responses to Solo too I imagine, and the Ghostbusters remake. And the shitty reviews for that all female Oceans 11 remake.

No doubt they are already plotting how to make it seem like people hate this rumored all female Lord of the Flies. So if it comes out and does bad: just blame Putin. It won't come off as deranged I swear.

Putinbot1
Russians were behind the responses to Solo too I imagine, and the Ghostbusters remake. And the shitty reviews for that all female Oceans 11 remake.

No doubt they are already plotting how to make it seem like people hate this rumored all female Lord of the Flies. So if it comes out and does bad: just blame Putin. It won't come off as deranged I swear.

durhulk triggered

BackFire
all female Lord of the Flies.

Wait, is this a real rumor?

Surtur
Originally posted by Putinbot1
durhulk triggered

This response oozes projection. Special snowflakes like you were triggered over TLJ getting slammed and now are gonna cling to this claim like Rose clinging to that piece of wood at the end of titanic.

It's a beautiful thing smile

Putinbot1
Originally posted by BackFire
Wait, is this a real rumor? If soooo... Kinky!

Surtur
Wait, is this a real rumor?

At one point it was. The response from some women was "women would never behave this way".

If it was a fake rumor it still did a great service in showing how some women just do not operate in our reality and must occupy some alternate dimension.

BackFire
Damn, I think it's a potentially very interesting idea if done right.

If it's a major Hollywood film, though, they'd probably **** it up.

Surtur
When I say "at one point" I mean at one point it was in the works, not sure if it still is. Maybe they realized women would never behave this way, they treat each other so well as it is it makes no sense they would somehow act even worse if trapped on an island.

Putinbot1
At one point it was. The response from some women was "women would never behave this way".

If it was a fake rumor it still did a great service in showing how some women just do not operate in our reality and must occupy some alternate dimension. durhulk triggered by many women.

Surtur
durhulk triggered by many women.

No, just laughing at some of the more deluded ones:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/15-hilarious-women-respond-to-the-all-female-lord-of-the-flies-remake_us_59a80f16e4b010ca289aa631

Pure gold.

BackFire
I think a cool idea would be a mixed gender version, with boys and girls.

Surtur
I think a cool idea would be a mixed gender version, with boys and girls.

Lol correction: this would be maybe a cool idea if this was a few years ago.

Today, if that movie was written, the boys would just be written as raping the shit out of all the girls on the island and then probably cannibalizing them while high fiving each other.

Putinbot1
I think a cool idea would be a mixed gender version, with boys and girls. confused laughing

BackFire

Today, if that movie was written, the boys would just be written as raping the shit out of all the girls on the island and then probably cannibalizing them while high fiving each other.

Well, to be honest, that would kind of fit in with the themes of the story - seemingly civilized people falling to their most animalistic impulses.

But there's a lot of cool stuff they could do, though. Maybe even eventually have a girl come to rule. I'd love to see some good female villains more often. They're so rare.

Putinbot1

Today, if that movie was written, the boys would just be written as raping the shit out of all the girls on the island and then probably cannibalizing them while high fiving each other. I always loved how a British man arrived and put the boys in their place through being male and British. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Putinbot1
Well, to be honest, that would kind of fit in with the themes of the story - seemingly civilized people falling to their most animalistic impulses.

But there's a lot of cool stuff they could do, though. Maybe even eventually have a girl come to rule. I'd love to see some good female villains more often. They're so rare. They are rare, except in Surt's life...

BackFire
Really the only truly great one I can think of off the top of my head is Nurse Ratchet from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

samhain
I think with female villains though, writers seem to be unable to write the character without highlighting that she's a woman. Like every 5 minutes she's going; 'I wear black and I use a cigarette holder and I'm a woman, take that random protagonist.'

I'd like to see an all female version of Fight Club. Lord Of The Flies would be good too I suppose.

Surtur
I always loved how a British man arrived and put the boys in their place through being male and British. roll eyes (sarcastic)

We've all known you love british men. Not shocked.

BackFire
Oh I thought of another great one. Sarah Paulson from 12 Years a Slave

samhain
Really the only truly great one I can think of off the top of my head is Nurse Ratchet from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Erm... do you even Thunderdome? Have to agree with you though.

Surtur
Last Jedi had a great female villain in Holdo. Top notch.

ArtificialGlory
How about an all-male remake of the Mean Girls?

Surtur
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory

Men don't usually backstab each other like that, this would never work!!!

samhain
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory

The First Husbands Club.

ArtificialGlory
Or how about an all-female remake of this absolutely legendary, timeless masterpiece?

Putinbot1
Men don't usually backstab each other like that, this would never work!!! A lot do in the "work" place Surt. So... it could "work". I guess you don't know about that though. wink

quanchi112
.marketwatch.com/story/russian-trolls-stoked-star-wars-the-last-jedi-fan-outrage-study-finds-2018-10-01?mod=newsviewer_click

As usually they tapped into the dimness of the alt-right Trumpers for the most part are so nailed in the latest American horror story. It is the typical aimless losers that are drawn to these con men. It is funny.

dadudemon
No, we are big boys. We hated it all on our own without help.

This is KMC: home to some of the biggest, whiniest, nerdiest, Star Wars fans.

But the thread title implies a question: are we now trying to associate everything bad with Russia? Anything at all instantly becomes wrong and bad if Russia is associated with it?

I'm seeing this trend a lot lately. It's similar to Trump; if Trump is associated with it, it is automatically bad.

But is the OP even truthful?

quanchi112
Originally posted by dadudemon

But the thread title implies a question: are we now trying to associate everything bad with Russia? Anything at all instantly becomes wrong and bad if Russia is associated with it?

I'm seeing this trend a lot lately. It's similar to Trump; if Trump is associated with it, it is automatically bad.

But is the OP even truthful? Not all but the dp trolls.

DarthPlaguis12
Only morons like you believe in the Russia and Russian bots bs.

Surtur
A lot do in the "work" place Surt. So... it could "work". I guess you don't know about that though. wink

It was a joke based on how women reacted to Lord of the Flies, saying "this would never happen with wamen".

Surtur

But is the OP even truthful?

It's the new thing the left does: blame russia/russian trolls/russian bots.

It's weird because if they see someone who disagrees with them or trolls them why go to Russians? Why not assume it's a conservative, wouldn't they disagree with and troll leftists? But nope it's always Russia.

Remember the #ReleaseTheMemo with Devin Nunes? The left tried to blame Russia for it, to the point twitter had to step in to say "nope, not Russians". Which, again: how is it their brains cannot process the possibility it would be conservatives doing the hashtags? That should be first on the list, not Russian bots.

The possible reasons for doing this are:

-trying to stoke fears over Russia like a weasel
-being insane

quanchi112
Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
Only morons like you believe in the Russia and Russian bots bs. Whatever trump tells you is reality you accept.

Flyattractor
Says King Dippy Disney Shill Boy!!!!!

quanchi112
Disney>Trump.

Flyattractor
Yes. Disney is a True Evil Fascist Power in the World.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yes. Disney is a True Evil Fascist Power in the World. Disney destroys trump. Glad you concur you little cuck you.

Flyattractor
Yes. I agree. Fascists are Destructive and Evil.

Just look at what Disney has done to the Star Wars Franchise.

EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quanchi112
Yes. I agree. Fascists are Destructive and Evil.

Just look at what Disney has done to the Star Wars Franchise.

EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your fee fees really hurt a lot.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by quanchi112
Your fee fees really hurt a lot.

Only from all the Laughing at the Quanster Logic.

laughing

quanchi112
Only from all the Laughing at the Quanster Logic.

laughing You are the guy crying about a company being evil. Get a life.

Flyattractor
You are the guy crying about a company being evil. Get a life.

Only Tears of Laughter!!!!!!!!!!

laughing laughing

quanchi112
Only Tears of Laughter!!!!!!!!!!

laughing laughing Lies.

Flyattractor
Lies.

Yes. You Do Lie Often!

You Little Fibber You!!!!!!

quanchi112

Yes. You Do Lie Often!

You Little Fibber You!!!!!! Sad guy.

Flyattractor
Sad guy.

Oh Cheer up . If you Cry You will be a Wet Socky McSockerson!!!!!

quanchi112
Oh Cheer up . If you Cry You will be a Wet Socky McSockerson!!!!! So sad.

Flyattractor
Your Nick Name will be Socky "Squishy" McSockerson.

quanchi112
Your Nick Name will be Socky "Squishy" McSockerson. Soooooo lonely.

Flyattractor
Well You are a sock. So just think of your other Personalities as Other People!!!!!!!!!!

quanchi112
Well You are a sock. So just think of your other Personalities as Other People!!!!!!!!!! Yawn.

Flyattractor
Nap Time for Quanster.

Little Fibbers need their Naps after telling such BIG FIBS!!!!!!!

Surtur
Russian trolls were behind 9/11.

BackFire
Russian trolls were behind that brawl at the UFC event last night.

Flyattractor
Russian Trolls were behind the eating of all those goats under bridges.

quanchi112
Nap Time for Quanster.

Little Fibbers need their Naps after telling such BIG FIBS!!!!!!! You are probably a really lonely Russian bot.

DarthPlaguis12
Russian trolls ruined quan the pawn

Flyattractor
You are probably a really lonely Russian bot.

What ever you say ShillBot5000!

Surtur

DarthPlaguis12
Not surprised, you gotta wonder how these people have so much free time to protest.

quanchi112
Russian trolls ruined quan the pawn Unlike you I do nit care. Just compose yourself you idiot from now on.

quanchi112
What ever you say ShillBot5000! Failure.

Surtur
Not surprised, you gotta wonder how these people have so much free time to protest.

Best part is they proved Trump correct.

But remember: you're an anti semite if you dare note the role Soros plays in these kinds of things.

quanchi112
Triggered.

laughing out loud

dadudemon
Russia has become the "Thanks, Obama."

Now anything bad happening in the US is a "Thanks, Russia."

Putinbot1
Russia has become the "Thanks, Obama."

Now anything bad happening in the US is a "Thanks, Russia."

Russia has subverted your democracy and the U.K.'s the difference is we are aware of it in the UK.

dadudemon
Russia has subverted your democracy and the U.K.'s the difference is we are aware of it in the UK.

Yes, you've got it all figured out.

No one in the entire US has ever claimed or thought about Russian politics and their interests in American Politics.

We Yanks are super stupid and dumb. Not like you Brits and your superior reading skills. smile

Putinbot1
Yes, you've got it all figured out.

No one in the entire US has ever claimed or thought about Russian politics and their interests in American Politics.

We Yanks are super stupid and dumb. Not like you Brits and your superior reading skills. smile Actually many yanks can read too and aren't stupid, some of you simply struggle to see that the head of the old KGB might still be pissed over what happened in the late 80's and early 90's despite the huge wealth he and his cronies accumulated out of the Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact collapse. That's not about reading, it's about human nature and history. I suspect though unless you were an adult then, it's hard to comprehend. smile

DarthPlaguis12
Can you explain how Russia actually effected the election?

Putinbot1
Can you explain how Russia actually effected the election?

Can you spell?

DarthPlaguis12

Putinbot1
You're laughing TI... but you can't spell. One of those sad moments when I realise just how dim the other person I am talking to is. Question, do you come online purely to show how ignorant you are?

DarthPlaguis12
Idk who TI is blink

No I come here to mock you and then I enjoy your reactions. laughing

quanchi112
Can you spell? No, he cannot. Very tiny brain.

DarthPlaguis12

quanchi112

dadudemon
Actually many yanks can read too and aren't stupid, some of you simply struggle to see that the head of the old KGB might still be pissed over what happened in the late 80's and early 90's despite the huge wealth he and his cronies accumulated out of the Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact collapse. That's not about reading, it's about human nature and history. I suspect though unless you were an adult then, it's hard to comprehend. smile

Oh, so you've gone from "Well, we in the UK are enlightened intellectuals who are aware that Russia is a powerful country but you Yanks in the US are not" to "Well...perhaps some Yanks are aware that Russia is a powerful country, too."

Nice.

smile

dadudemon
Can you spell?

Here, I fixed it:

Can you explain how Russia actually affected the election?

Can you answer his question?

I covered the "social media propaganda" angle already. They didn't influence the election at all in that manner. It's just anti-Trump/Democratic propaganda.

Flyattractor
Your woman bully I venture to guess.

Quanni don't like Strong Women?

Makes sense.

laughing out loud

quanchi112
Quanni don't like Strong Women?

Makes sense.

laughing out loud Not what I said.

Robtard
We're going to hopefully find out how much influence and reach Russia had in the 2016 election when Mueller's done with his investigation/report.

It's also telling that the people against Mueller's investigation also happen to also be Trumpers more often than naught.

Flyattractor
Yes it is. You would benefit if your Mom would slap more of the Little BeeItch out of you.

quanchi112
Yes it is. You would benefit if your Mom would slap more of the Little BeeItch out of you. Why you cannot be taken seriously.

Flyattractor
Why you cannot be taken seriously.

Not being taken seriously by little grumpy pants like you....I can live with that.

Surtur
Here, I fixed it:

Can you answer his question?

I covered the "social media propaganda" angle already. They didn't influence the election at all in that manner. It's just anti-Trump/Democratic propaganda.

You and I both know Russia did things.

So many things, just so many. Too many. Those things they did were many. Yep.

quanchi112
Not being taken seriously by little grumpy pants like you....I can live with that. You are just a loser.

DarthPlaguis12

quanchi112

Surtur

Flyattractor
The Russians just confirmed what every body all ready knew about her.

quanchi112
The only reason you don't believe that they manipulated votes is because of a post you saw on social media.

Russia has already won. This graph here shows scientific proof they impacted everything from votes to the weather itself even:

https://i.imgur.com/VXUvp55.jpg Russia wins trump we get it. He was pissed on by whores and Putin. A joke for the whole world.

Flyattractor
Are you know against Whores QuanBaby?

Your Mom must be so sad.

quanchi112
Are you know against Whores QuanBaby?

Your Mom must be so sad. Men who are pissed on deserve to be mocked.

Flyattractor
Are you saying you intolerant against some Sexual Activities?

How UnRainbow Of You!

quanchi112
Are you saying you intolerant against some Sexual Activities?

How UnRainbow Of You! No, of course not just as it is my right to mock the cuck.

Flyattractor
So you admit to having many Double Standards then?

quanchi112
So you admit to having many Double Standards then? I do not have double standards. He has the right to be urinatedon and I will mock him for it. Win/win.

Flyattractor
What do you Prefer Whores to pour on you then?

quanchi112
What do you Prefer Whores to pour on you then? Your mother you mean? Nothing I just berate her and force her to leave.

Flyattractor
So you pay women to leave you?

Hmm??? That kind of says a lot.

quanchi112
So you pay women to leave you?

Hmm??? That kind of says a lot. No, I just berate your mother and call her names.

Flyattractor
How she manages not to laugh I will never know.

quanchi112
How she manages not to laugh I will never know. She does laugh at her loser son.

Flyattractor
You pay her to leave. That says SO MUCH!

quanchi112
You pay her to leave. That says SO MUCH! Trump did after she peed on him. Loser.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.