ROTS Kenobi vs TPM Mace

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sinious
Who wins

The Ellimist
Honestly probably Mace

LordOfTheLight
Kenobi

Jaggarath
Mace, no question.

Zentrex
Probably Mace, but a few months later, and I think Kenobi would win.

CuckedCurry
Mace.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by Jaggarath
Mace, no question.

Underachiever59
I'm kinda curious, what are the feats attributed to TPM Mace? He hasn't even finished developing Vaapad, has he?

I think I'd give this one to Kenobi.

Jaggarath
Stated to be on par with / more powerful than TPM Yoda.

TheIndyJedi
If darthant is correct, then Mace.

Darth Thor
Stated/implied does not make is true.

Even as of ROTS Mace is clearly not Yodas equal in the Force. There may be a level of parity in Sabers, but hell no is he more powerful than Yoda or even his equal in all out combat.

That said, even being compared to Yoda puts him above any version of Kenobi.

Zentrex
Kenobi surpassed Mace shortly after RotS

LordOfTheLight
In general, while I do see the gap in power between ROTS Mace and ROTS Obi Wan as significant enough for a decisive victory every time, I don't see a single reason why TPM Mace should be awarded the same honor considering that he would be vastly less powerful than ROTS Mace. Having more than a decade to grow in power, and 3 of which are spent in a period of constant war, and considering his massive potential which likely rivals that of Sidious's and the fact that his style of combat is based on drawing strength from his emotions i.e. skirting the dark side and considering the fact that he is still relatively young around TPM, means we would have to ignore a great deal of thematic evidence to not conclude at the very least, a pretty substantial difference in power between TPM Mace and ROTS Mace.

Even if I am generous and give Mace the power edge, it is equally obvious that it is small enough to not matter at all, considering Jedi restraints and I am not aware of any skill based showings that TPM Mace has that place him anywhere near ROTS Kenobi in lightsaber combat. That and considering that lightsaber combat is what primarily determines the outcome of duels, I am not seeing why Kenobi doesn't take the majority.

CuckedCurry

slayne
-

LordOfTheLight
You mean Mace's potential?

It is obvious that Mace's potential is Sidious level since he is Sidious level by ROTS despite being more than a decade younger than Sidious lol.

CuckedCurry
Hold on

My bad

BazookaMaster
Mace, 10/10.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Underachiever59
I'm kinda curious, what are the feats attributed to TPM Mace? He hasn't even finished developing Vaapad, has he?

I think I'd give this one to Kenobi.

Actually when did he finish developing Vaapad?

StarWarsFan77
Mace

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.