James Gunn to write and possibly direct Suicide Squad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Senor Cage

quanchi112
Huge error for Alan horn to fire the man. I wish Gunn the best. He was fantastic and his career should flourish.

Senor Cage
Dave Bautista wants in!

Robtard
As much as I wanted Gunn to finish up the GoTG Trilogy, Disney's lose is WB's gain.

playa1258
Huge win for WB/DC if they can get him. Also a big middle finger to everyone at Marvel/Disney.

WB is no doubt loving this.

steverules_2
First Whedon and now Gunn

roughrider
DC & Warner Bros. bringing in talent that has already made successful Marvel properties - it looks like poaching to get Marvel's secret formula and has rarely worked out.

Senor Cage
Originally posted by playa1258
Huge win for WB/DC if they can get him. Also a big middle finger to everyone at Marvel/Disney.

WB is no doubt loving this.

Yep. Gunn would do well with the SS property. It's going to be interesting.

BackFire
Smart move.

Quincy
That's a pretty good call.

I think we do Whedon a disservice by claiming failing results for joining the WB side. With a movie that's already all chopped up and mostly filmed, was a tough thing to enter and just, upend.

TheVaultDweller
This could be interesting. I'd like to see what Gunn could do with those characters, because I feel like that first SS film had so much potential that ended up being completely wasted.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by quanchi112
Huge error for Alan horn to fire the man. I wish Gunn the best. He was fantastic and his career should flourish.

thumb up

Originally posted by Robtard
As much as I wanted Gunn to finish up the GoTG Trilogy, Disney's lose is WB's gain.

Disney is still going to use his script, right?

Khazra Reborn
They should give him something else, like maybe Lobo, or a Constantine reboot. I don't know why WB is so hell-bent on turning Suicide Squad into the DC version of GotG.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
They should give him something else, like maybe Lobo, or a Constantine reboot. I don't know why WB is so hell-bent on turning Suicide Squad into the DC version of GotG.

I'm surprised they're still trying to save DCEU, tbh.

They should either start anew, do a hard reboot or go back to making stand-alone films.

Darth Thor

Was probably Gunns choice.

Whats funny is the previous writers just recently finished and handed in their script. Clearly no one will be reading that lol

BackFire
I read that the reason the previous script will not be used is because it ended up being very similar to the Birds of Prey script.

DarthPlaguis12
Might actually get a decent SS squad film...maybe

Senor Cage
Dave Bautista In Talks To Play Bane In James Gunn's Suicide Squad

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Senor Cage
Dave Bautista In Talks To Play Bane In James Gunn's Suicide Squad

Oh, wow.

This would've been awesome.

DarthPlaguis12

DarthPlaguis12
http://whatculture.com/film/james-gunns-suicide-squad-2-might-not-even-be-a-sequel

This would be interesting...to be honest only Harley and Waller were well cast, **** the rest imo. Especially that god awful Jared Leto as the joker.

quanchi112
They should give him something else, like maybe Lobo, or a Constantine reboot. I don't know why WB is so hell-bent on turning Suicide Squad into the DC version of GotG. The first film did well though it stunk imo. I would rather personally see him do something else but wish him luck either way.

DarthPlaguis12

quanchi112
Syfy show. laughing out loud

DarthPlaguis12

quanchi112

Surtur
It's not the DC property I would have chosen for him, but it's nice. I would have let him do some New Gods movies. That would be right up his alley.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Surtur
It's not the DC property I would have chosen for him, but it's nice. I would have let him do some New Gods movies. That would be right up his alley.

I would have thought Green Lantern corps would be right up his alley.

But again, WB would have given him the choice of whatever DC project he wanted.

quanchi112
Given how cheap the budgets are if they did a new gods movie I bet the cgi would be cringe worthy at parts. I do not think warner can compete with the budgets Disney has greenlit these days. Dceu products will be second tier and noticeably so.

Flyattractor
Sad to see that WB is stooping to hire A Disney Fired Pedophile.

Truly Hollywood is a Horrible place.

DarthPlaguis12

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Sad to see that WB is stooping to hire A Disney Fired Pedophile.

Truly Hollywood is a Horrible place. Your fee fees are silly. The man was clearly joking but your sensitivity is your own problem not mine.

Flyattractor
You obviously haven't seen his Rape Party Pics.

quanchi112
You obviously haven't seen his Rape Party Pics. You do not even care, troll.

Flyattractor
No. I Don't Care. It is just Hollywood Hypocrisy.

quanchi112
No. I Don't Care. It is just Hollywood Hypocrisy. Hollywood is not an entity. I know in your loser mind you think they are a collective hive mind but just stop. Your so hurt by this it is hilarious.

Flyattractor
I do enjoy your delusional hypocrisy. That much is true.

quanchi112
I do enjoy your delusional hypocrisy. That much is true. So triggered by Gunn.

Flyattractor
That was almost funny. Def would be if you actually intended it to be...

quanchi112
That was almost funny. Def would be if you actually intended it to be... Gunn owns you.

Flyattractor
I am to old for him.

quanchi112
I am to old for him. Quit being weird.

Flyattractor
nah.

quanchi112
nah. I am looking forward to this if Gunn gets the gig.

Khazra Reborn
The first film did well though it stunk imo. I would rather personally see him do something else but wish him luck either way.

SS was legitimately one of the worst movies I've ever seen, Gunn is a talented writer/director, at this point he can only elevate the DCEU.

DarthPlaguis12
True that....I actually think Ayer should be ashamed for directing such a hot pile of dog shit.

janus77
SS might be the wrong project for him. Only Harley has any real character to her. the rest are awful and their comic-book personalities aren't exactly fun or engaging.

Rocket, Peter and Drax had a certain natural charm, in the source material, that Gunn spun into gold, but what's there to work with in SS?

Maybe he could have done Flash or even Shazam (which isn't looking too bad).

steverules_2
I seem to remember James Gunn wrote and directed another little well known film called Movie 43, well known for being awful. Just saying SS might be shit...again.

quanchi112
I like the chances of it being good as more likely than it sucking though no one is perfect.

Patient_Leech
Lol, well it's even more obvious DC was indeed trying too hard to be Guardians of the Galaxy with Suicide Squad now that they've hired Gunn..

Meh, I'm sure Gunn could improve SS, but I think he should turn it down and do something else more original and interesting.

steverules_2

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2
I seem to remember James Gunn wrote and directed another little well known film called Movie 43, well known for being awful. Just saying SS might be shit...again.

He didn't direct the whole movie, Just one segment of it.

roughrider
It will be interesting, just because the real creative power at Marvel Studios seems to be Kevin Feige and the production team, rather than the individual directors. Gunn will be under pressure to deliver something close to GOTG; we'll see how well he does without that team he had before.

Or, like Joss Whedon walking away from Batgirl, he might just quit while he still has respect.

DarthPlaguis12

Surtur
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I would have thought Green Lantern corps would be right up his alley.

But again, WB would have given him the choice of whatever DC project he wanted.

A Guy Gardner movie by James Gunn would be damn interesting.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Kazenji
He didn't direct the whole movie, Just one segment of it.

Really? Wow, no wonder it was such a mess

Flyattractor
Wonder if Gunn will write in a scene where there is a Large Pile of Dead Children?

Which says a LOT about Gunn..

steverules_2
Maybe if SS take on a planet

Flyattractor
Could just film at Gunn's house...

quanchi112
Originally posted by steverules_2
Really? Wow, no wonder it was such a mess I loved Gotg 2 more than one and think the guy is awesome so if he gets full control I will definitely see this with higher expectations.

Senor Cage
Wonder if Gunn will write in a scene where there is a Large Pile of Dead Children?

Which says a LOT about Gunn..

eek!

Dr Will Hatch
I hope this turns out well, but I am highly dubious and believe this will be another Joss Whedon directing Justice League situation. The WB just doesn't let directors do their own thing unless you're Patty Jenkins.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
I hope this turns out well, but I am highly dubious and believe this will be another Joss Whedon directing Justice League situation. The WB just doesn't let directors do their own thing unless you're Patty Jenkins.

How so?

when they've pretty much have said that they won't be using the previous script that has been written and James Gunn is writing an all new script, It's not like he's being brought in halfway through filming the second movie.

Darth Thor
Yeah its completely different to JL, where Whedon only entered the scene after Snyder has finished his initial shooting of the film.

WB gave no special privileges to Patty Jenkins. In fact they never even had her signed on for a second film, then had to go back to renegotiate with her after Wonder Womans success.

quanchi112
I hope this turns out well, but I am highly dubious and believe this will be another Joss Whedon directing Justice League situation. The WB just doesn't let directors do their own thing unless you're Patty Jenkins. He took over midway this is completely different.

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/y7tw95qf

https://tinyurl.com/y7jtr6y2

Disney, ffs, stop this shit.

Darth Thor
^ What were his vulgar tweets about?

DarthPlaguis12

BackFire
Disney needs to stop bending the knee to rapists and nazis pretending to have a moral compass.

Flyattractor
Yes. Give the Franchise to James(Diddlin Little Kids) Gunn.

That should show em.!!!!!

Kazenji
^ Got actual proof that Gunn actually touched kids?....otherwise stfu about it.

quanchi112
Yes. Give the Franchise to James(Diddlin Little Kids) Gunn.

That should show em.!!!!! Provide proof.

Flyattractor
Oh just do your own google searches.

Intent and all that.

Sad how some will excuse behavior like Pedophilia just because they like a movie.

Tsk Tsk!!

quanchi112
Oh just do your own google searches.

Intent and all that.

Sad how some will excuse behavior like Pedophilia just because they like a movie.

Tsk Tsk!! So you cannot prove it but instead want to overreact and expect to be taken seriously, Nah.

Surtur

It's weird to look at what Whedon has done with Marvel and then see him utterly f*ck up with DC.

Darth Thor
I think Whedons Batgirl would have been gold personally.

And so would Ben Afflecks Batman had that happened.

Surtur
Whatever happened with Henry Cavil and Superman? He was cryptic about it I remember, is he officially done with that?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Surtur
Whatever happened with Henry Cavil and Superman? He was cryptic about it I remember, is he officially done with that? Google it ffs.

Darth Thor
No one knows for sure, but its clear we are not getting Superman (Cavill or otherwise) anytime soon. Not On the big screen at least.

quanchi112
Wise decision since man of steel vastly underperformed and had a budget bigger than the first Avengers.

Darth Thor
Wise decision since man of steel vastly underperformed and had a budget bigger than the first Avengers.

It did not underperform lol.

Stop making stuff up.

DarthPlaguis12

Flyattractor
So you cannot prove it but instead want to overreact and expect to be taken seriously, Nah.

Well there is Gunn's admitting to going to Rape parties and his Obvious Obsessions with Child Pedophilia as with his deleted tweets.

But then we must excuse such Pedo Foibles because.. DER MARVEL MOVIES!

quanchi112
It did not underperform lol.

Stop making stuff up. I provided the link where it made less than 700 million on a bigger budget than the avengers.

Flyattractor
Which Avengers?

quanchi112
Well there is Gunn's admitting to going to Rape parties and his Obvious Obsessions with Child Pedophilia as with his deleted tweets.

But then we must excuse such Pedo Foibles because.. DER MARVEL MOVIES! You need to prove it and to quit overreacting.

Flyattractor
He did that himself.

quanchi112
He did that himself. Nah, he will be fine though. You are such a drama queen.

Flyattractor
Lucky for me that aint James type.

quanchi112
Lucky for me that aint James type. The guy has a great life you on the other hand.

Flyattractor
He is rich and can afford to buy and get rid of the bodies of children quite easily.

Oh those Wacky Rich Holywood Pedos....Like GUNN!

DarthPlaguis12
I hope they keep Margot Robbie she was the best part of SS

Darth Thor
^ Well she will be reprising her role in Birds of Prey which starts shooting in a few months.

Darth Thor
I provided the link where it made less than 700 million on a bigger budget than the avengers.

And Robtard already called you out on that showing how it made approximately the same profit as IM1. Both films kicked off their respective Universes. Except MOS had to fight off the bad taste of Superman Returns which completely Flopped.

Plus it could afford the increased budget with all the sponsorships they were getting from Gillette based around the Man of Steel title.

quanchi112
And Robtard already called you out on that showing how it made approximately the same profit as IM1. Both films kicked off their respective Universes. Except MOS had to fight off the bad taste of Superman Returns which completely Flopped.

Plus it could afford the increased budget with all the sponsorships they were getting from Gillette based around the Man of Steel title. Iron man first off was not an icon at the time nor was the budget as large as the man of steel. Expectations were much higher for Superman. No, incorrect the man of steel was divisive and failed to make 700 million worldwide. The movie failed off its own merits.

Nah, Batman v. Superman made even more money but still fell below expectations and further devalued the brand. Superman is not a huge draw times have changed. MCU flourished the dceu puttered and is being kept alive due to WW not Kal. Your opinion is not shared on a massive level as I claimed.

quanchi112
He is rich and can afford to buy and get rid of the bodies of children quite easily.

Oh those Wacky Rich Holywood Pedos....Like GUNN! More baseless claims from the clown.

DarthPlaguis12

Darth Thor
Iron man first off was not an icon at the time nor was the budget as large as the man of steel. Expectations were much higher for Superman. No, incorrect the man of steel was divisive and failed to make 700 million worldwide. The movie failed off its own merits.

And the previous Superman film flopped. Iron Man did not have that stench to pass. The MCU Incredible Hulk flopped because it carried the stench of the previous Hulk film. And Hulk was a much bigger name than Iron Man.Do you know Batman Begins failed to make $400million? You have no point.

So your theory is it took Warner Bros 5 years to figure out that MOS was a failure? Lmao

No dummy. Its just that after BvS was received badly and Justice League failed, WB thought they better give the Big 2 a break for now and concentrate on fresh new properties.

Nah, Batman v. Superman made even more money but still fell below expectations and further devalued the brand. Superman is not a huge draw times have changed. MCU flourished the dceu puttered and is being kept alive due to WW not Kal. Your opinion is not shared on a massive level as I claimed.

Stop changing the topic. We are talking about MOS.

Made good profit at the box office after the failure of the previous Superman film.

Got an A- Cinemascore from Audiences. Was mixed critically but still the 2nd best received film in the DCEU to date, both from audiences and critics.

Oh and it sold more than Iron Man 3 on home entertainment. Despite IM3 making double at the box office.

So yeah it successfully launched the DCEU. The DCEU only failed from the films that came after, sans Wonder Woman obviously.

Your excuses are just that. Excuses. Your butthurt over Superman being the most iconic heavyweight in comics is simply hilarious.

But hey keep spewing out fake news like MOS was a failure if it makes you feel better. I think youve been called out on it plenty but will obviously continue to Troll.

quanchi112
And the previous Superman film flopped. Iron Man did not have that stench to pass. The MCU Incredible Hulk flopped because it carried the stench of the previous Hulk film. And Hulk was a much bigger name than Iron Man.Do you know Batman Begins failed to make $400million? You have no point.

So what? Batman begins made a healthy profit. Unproven nonsense. The majority of the general audience did not clamor for Hulk. You have anecdotal evidence at best. Nothing correlating anything truly.

In terms of exoecatuons and the budget it was a failure just not a flop. They trudged on and look where that got them with the League film.

Because they were not universally accepted and utterly flopped in their team film. They are right to abandon these properties since they are not the draws they once were. My point exactly.

It did not reach their exoecations and considering it had a higher budget than avengers it is downright pitiful in relation. My point exactly is Superman is not a huge draw and sub 700 million box office with this high budget confirms it. Point proven.
Most people do not give cinema scores so this does not represent the majority of the audience. I thought it was sub par.
So what? We do not take inebumber we take the totality otherwise you are just cherry picking. Iron man 3 kicked the shit out of Superman in the final score. Not just one stat but the complete stats factored in.
It hobbled out of the gate with man of steel since the movie was not universally praised and failed to meet the expectations of the studio considering the massive budget.

I do not care that Spider-Man is huge either just as I do not care Superman used to be bigger. He is shit now. He is glossed over because he does not matter like he used to. My guy Thanos is who I have always loved and I care about how amazing the film was. Dceu has always been shit compared to the MCU and man of steels laughable missteps are a treat for me to rub your face in.

Flyattractor
You notice how it always seems that his Biggest Factor in his arguments is His Own Opinion?

quanchi112
You notice how it always seems that his Biggest Factor in his arguments is His Own Opinion? I cite facts to bolster my claims but I personally do not care about popularity. Ironic though.

Flyattractor
Shakey Facts that You prod up with your own biases.

Try again Skippy.

quanchi112
Shakey Facts that You prod up with your own biases.

Try again Skippy. What fact was shaky?

DarthPlaguis12
Why is the same ****ing topic spread over three threads or so?

Flyattractor
Cause Quan's Ego is out of control. He needs a time out.

quanchi112
I am behind Gunn here but the liars claim I support Disney in every single decision which is blatantly untrue.

Mindset
I am behind Gunn here but the liars claim I support Disney in every single decision which is blatantly untrue. Damn, you support pedos, man?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Damn, you support pedos, man? He is not a pedo. You need to relax.

Mindset
He is not a pedo. You need to relax. He probably has kids chained up in his basement.

quanchi112
He probably has kids chained up in his basement. If they are dc fans they probably deserved it.

Flyattractor
He is not a pedo. You need to relax.

I am behind Gunn here but the liars claim I support Disney in every single decision which is blatantly untrue.

I Bet You Like it BEHIND Jimmy!!!!!!!

eek!

NemeBro
He probably has kids chained up in his basement. As long as he's not having sex with him I fail to see a problem...?

quanchi112
I Bet You Like it BEHIND Jimmy!!!!!!!

eek! Concession accepted.

DarthPlaguis12

quanchi112

Flyattractor
The King is DEAD. Long Live the King.

quanchi112
The King is DEAD. Long Live the King. Disney is on its throne.

Flyattractor
Which will one day get FLUSHED!!!!

quanchi112
Which will one day get FLUSHED!!!! Nothing lasts forever but right now it has given me the best film of all time. Best fictional universe ever. I knew marvel was always superior to dc.

Flyattractor
They are Cookie Cutter Movies. Nothing special. I am quite bored with them. But then You are much Simpler Minded then most.

quanchi112
They are Cookie Cutter Movies. Nothing special. I am quite bored with them. But then You are much Simpler Minded then most. Who cares about your opinion? It clearly sucks. Cry more.

Flyattractor
Yet You expect us to all VALUE your opinion?

DELUSIONAL To the MAX!!!

quanchi112
Yet You expect us to all VALUE your opinion?

DELUSIONAL To the MAX!!! It clearly shows I am not alone. Money talks and the MCU is the biggest guy on the block.

Flyattractor
Bloated on its own Mediocrity.

quanchi112
Bloated on its own Mediocrity. Money talks you do not. MCU is king.

Flyattractor
You talk more then money. You are incapable of Silence.

YeppityYappsterreno!!!!!

quanchi112
You talk more then money. You are incapable of Silence.

YeppityYappsterreno!!!!! You wanted to compare value and money is one measurable way. MCU is king.

Flyattractor
You wanted to compare value and money is one measurable way. MCU is king.

So we are back to the McDonalds Hamburger Argument again are we?

quanchi112
So we are back to the McDonalds Hamburger Argument again are we? I said I loved it you wanted to say that does not matter but money does. Money matters to businesses you poor dolt.

Flyattractor
I think you being a Corporate Shill is the most important thing to you.

quanchi112
I think you being a Corporate Shill is the most important thing to you. Nah, I disagreed with firing Gunn. You just switch your silly stances that do not make any sense.

Flyattractor
When your heart is set in stone it is a fair bet that your Head is as well.

quanchi112
When your heart is set in stone it is a fair bet that your Head is as well. My opinion is based off reality yours is not.

Flyattractor
The Reality of a Stone. Never changing. Locked in Eternal Darkness and Boredom.

quanchi112
The Reality of a Stone. Never changing. Locked in Eternal Darkness and Boredom. Described yourself there.

Flyattractor
Described yourself there.

kettle Gif.

quanchi112
kettle Gif. Go Gunn go.

DarthPlaguis12
Ok...so AGAIN

Who would anyone like to see star in Guns film?

Flyattractor
You mean Actors or Characters from comics? GOTG movies or Otherwise?

Flyattractor
Go Gunn go.
Yes. Go Gunn Go... Far away from the Children He wants to go Full Pedo on... Just don't stop going GUNN!

quanchi112
Yes. Go Gunn Go... Far away from the Children He wants to go Full Pedo on... Just don't stop going GUNN! Unpriven nonsense. I am happy to see he has got work. Smart move, warner.

Flyattractor
Gunn and the Weinstiens are a perfect pair.

quanchi112
Gunn and the Weinstiens are a perfect pair. Disagree.

DarthPlaguis12

Flyattractor
I want SS Movie to be fun and Dark....with less Harley Quinn... SHe is just annoying as Phuck now. That and get C.C.H. Pounder to be Waller. That woman would have NAILED the Role.

DarthPlaguis12

Flyattractor
I prefer Classic Harley when she was more of a Fan Girl that was in over her head, instead of the Fan Girl Power more Mad then the Joker cause FAN GIRL Bullshit Character that is just as good a fighter as Batman cause she studied psychology and acrobatics and She all da Kooky with Fan Girl Plot Armor that she is now.

quanchi112

Flyattractor
His Lawyers do to.

DarthPlaguis12
I like both versions

Harley from the old Batman animated series

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>