Kenobi's prime?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tondemonai
When exactly was Kenobi in his prime? RotS or ANH?

Looking for statements/quotes.

Jaggarath
Star Wars Insider states his prime is ROTS.

Galan007
a.) why didn't you give this thread a title?
b.) what in the hell are you asking?

Tondemonai

StiltmanFTW
Because you use gay apostrophes.

Use this one and this one only: '

Galan007
Originally posted by Tondemonai
I posted the damn thing twice and the title didn't show either time for whatever reason. I'm looking for Kenobi's stated prime *Edited the thread title and OP to reflect your actual question.

NewGuy01
Shortly after RotS, probably.

Tondemonai

Tondemonai
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Because you use gay apostrophes.

Use this one and this one only: '

Hard not to, I'm queer beyond repair

Zentrex
Yeah, like NewGuy said, shortly after RotS. He's obviously more powerful in RotS that he ever was before, and it's stated that he "lets go" of everything in his fight with Anakin, making him much more powerful. Then, there's the stories immediately following RotS, which show him more powerful than he's ever been before. There's also sources stating that by ANH, he'd grown older, weaker, more rusty.

Trocity
Fuel the Krayt wank.

Zentrex
Hett lost pretty easily to Obi-Wan

AncientPower
Er, no he didn't. He landed numerous blows on Kenobi.

Zentrex
He got defeated in what, five panels?

LordOfTheLight
In terms of power around ANH

His combative prime should be shortly after ROTS yeah.

Zentrex
I've been meaning to ask for any evidence that Kenobi's power grew from RotS to ANH. Do you have any?

LordOfTheLight
There is a quote explicitly stating that he honed his force skills and there are multiple sources stating that his powers did not diminish with time.

Jaggarath
They're all pretty weak. ^

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by Zentrex
I've been meaning to ask for any evidence that Kenobi's power grew from RotS to ANH. Do you have any?

Kenobi's stompage of Maul in rebels

Darth Thor
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
Kenobi's stompage of Maul in rebels

Except Maul was also older and also past his prime.

The shortness of that fight was also denoted to Maul and Kenobi having fought each other so many times prior.

CuckedCurry

relentless1
ROTS is obviously his prime, I dont see any other version of himself that would be able to take on Vader unleashed like he did

As far as growing in the Force, canon shows no proof of that other than being able to become a Force ghost; if anything hes depicted as a tired old man who has to rely on guile and subterfuge to get by in ANH

Tzeentch
What did Obi-Wan do on Tatooine for the 20 years he was there, beyond watching Luke?

Do you think he ever porked a Tuscan raider girl? Is that how he knew about their superstitions??

StiltmanFTW
RotS would be the most popular answer.

However...

EZD1f9RTEJU

When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master.

Kenobi gave Vader, the Dark Lord of the Sith, a good fight... all things considered, that was a helluva feat.

Then you have Obi destroying Maul in Rebels.

Kathleen should beg McGregor on her knees and make Kenobi: ASW happen.

Trocity
Originally posted by Tzeentch
What did Obi-Wan do on Tatooine for the 20 years he was there, beyond watching Luke?

Do you think he ever porked a Tuscan raider girl? Is that how he knew about their superstitions??

no i dont think he did that like wtf dude youre disgusting. Talking about a jedi with morals having sex with an underage sand girl wtf is wrong with u, plz take ur fantasies elsewhere this is the star wars forum not literotica.

Tzeentch
Who said anything about underaged? Looks like you're projecting your fetishes on to this discussion.

ayyy you sound like a freak, DM me nigga show me a belly button pic

lemme see your ankles

Galan007
I suppose this depends what is meant by 'prime'.

As a warrior, the RotS-era was Kenobi's prime. In terms of personal growth and overall enlightenment with the force, the ANH-era was Kenobi's prime.

Tzeentch
As far as personal growth, ANH Ben is definitely his prime. But I'm curious about whether his practical application of the force (combat abilities) was stronger in RotS or ANH.

Trocity
Who said anything about underaged? Looks like you're projecting your fetishes on to this discussion.

ayyy you sound like a freak, DM me nigga show me a belly button pic

lemme see your ankles

god you are DISGUSTING. U said tuscan raider GIRL not tuscan raider WOMAN. If I said she had sex with a boy, you would assume i meant a little boy get it? if i said man you would know i am referring to adult male. im not going to dm you my freaking belly button what the hell man.

stop.

Tzeentch
Girl does not strictly mean underaged, just young. You can be anywhere from 0 to 30 and still be a girl.

You sound real defensive my dude. If you don't wanna shoot me a pic of your feet and play some Halo on xbox live then that's fine but you can't blame me for assuming you were down, what with your mind instantly jumping to underaged girls and stuff shrug

Trocity
of course you would say it doesnt mean strictly underaged you dont want your true nature being shown here i think.

omg im not going to show u my belly or my feet like its obvious you are the gross pervert here trying to spin it back on me, this is so dumb. you have some disgusting fantasies you need to go see a therapist, i really believe that... and i dont even have an xbox lol wtf.

Tzeentch
You seem really intent on making this about underaged girls, is there something you want to tell us bro? I'm worried about you bro, you don't go to 4chan, do you bro?

One Big Mob
The point that the writer is making with that scene is that naked teenagers being considered edgy is ridiculous to begin with. The human body is the human body, and it's not like they're ****ing or doing something with lewd implications. They're just standing around in what is essentially a womens' locker room.

But because this is America, some vag and tiddays makes everyone freak out. Meanwhile you can have people get stabbed, shot, crushed, sucked into jet engines, ripped in half, blown to pieces or set on fire on television and it's not edgy at all. iirc I was 15 when I played Gears of War for the first time. Saw Starship Troopers when I was 5.

Preferences will be preferences, I've just always been amazed by the incongruity of what's considered acceptable in the media.

Tzeentch
That reminds me, I should check to see if anyone responded.

edit- How the **** do you people burn through like 20 pages a day? I understand Bran's motivations since he's an unemployed bum but does no one in the comic book forum have a job?

One Big Mob
The secret is that no one works in the comic forums. Wolverine works hard enough for everyone.

Tzeentch
laughing out loud

Trocity
You seem really intent on making this about underaged girls, is there something you want to tell us bro? I'm worried about you bro, you don't go to 4chan, do you bro?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/WideeyedBiodegradableCur-size_restricted.gif

Tzeentch
And yet here you are.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007

As a warrior, the RotS-era was Kenobi's prime. In terms of personal growth and overall enlightenment with the force, the ANH-era was Kenobi's prime. Agreed.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Galan007

As a warrior, the RotS-era was Kenobi's prime. In terms of personal growth and overall enlightenment with the force, the ANH-era was Kenobi's prime.

This. Although I do think there's something to be said for Ben's attitude from a combat perspective, as well. There's a handful examples of this, but his fight with Maul in particular really drives it home; unlike Obi-Wan, Ben will not hesitate to butcher a man. The way I see it, Obi-Wan has always been much more dangerous than he typically comes across as; the fact that he's always risen to the occasion, even when the opponent was someone like Anakin, is a testament to that. He's like Superman insofar as he's restricted most by what he's willing to do, rather than what he's able to do, because of how compassionate he is at heart. So to me, there's something inherently threatening about the prospect of a more aloof, jaded Kenobi, even if he's not physically up to par with how he was in his glory days.

DarthSkywalker0
The exchange I just witnessed between Trocity and Tzeen made all the time I've wasted on KMC worth it tbh.

( A posy by Syndicate )

Zentrex
Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
The exchange I just witnessed between Trocity and Tzeen made all the time I've wasted on KMC worth it tbh.

( A posy by Syndicate )
thumb up

Tzeentch
It was my pleasure lads

Galan007
Originally posted by NewGuy01
This. Although I do think there's something to be said for Ben's attitude from a combat perspective, as well. There's a handful examples of this, but his fight with Maul in particular really drives it home; unlike Obi-Wan, Ben will not hesitate to butcher a man. The way I see it, Obi-Wan has always been much more dangerous than he typically comes across as; the fact that he's always risen to the occasion, even when the opponent was someone like Anakin, is a testament to that. He's like Superman insofar as he's restricted most by what he's willing to do, rather than what he's able to do, because of how compassionate he is at heart. So to me, there's something inherently threatening about the prospect of a more aloof, jaded Kenobi, even if he's not physically up to par with how he was in his glory days. The idea of a 'Kenobi gone rotten' is hard to wrap my head around, tbh, because I would consider he and Yoda as the two most pure and incorruptible Jedi in the mythos... But as you said, the potential there is pretty staggering when you think about Kenobi's track record when he decides to step it up.

Has a darker Kenobi ever been teased in Legends or canon? Dark Rendezvous gave us a glimpse of what Yoda might become if he embraced the dark side, but I can't think of a similar instance for Kenobi. mmm

Jaggarath
Not really what he's saying

Galan007
Indeed, but it got me thinking about the prospect of a darker(or even borderline evil) Kenobi. Hence the question. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Rotten Kenobi > Plagueis

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Jaggarath
Star Wars Insider states his prime is ROTS.

^ This.

Also this should be pretty obvious even without quotes. His prime would have to be during the Battle of Coruscant to his fight with Grievous. He's possibly hindered on Mustafar.

akabart
I believe it is during A New Hope!

Rockydonovang
canon kenobi's prime is rebels.

Legends is prolly a bit after rots.

TenebrousWay
End of RotS.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by akabart
I believe it is during A New Hope!

Why?

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
canon kenobi's prime is rebels.

Based on what?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.