Supergirl vs. Red Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Kara has Rogol Zaar's axe

Who wins

carver9
Which Red Hulk?

DarkSaint85
Hulks are pretty poor against piercing damage. An axe like this, wielded by a speedster who's class 100? She stomps.

spetznaz

carver9
Well, the heat and ice are useless and if that person have dynamic power, strength then becomes pointless. The weapon does changes things though.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Hulks are pretty poor against piercing damage. An axe like this, wielded by a speedster who's class 100? She stomps.

The original Rulk was really poor against it, there's no denying that.

Don't know enough about Robert L. Maverick.

DarkSaint85
Maverick was horrendously bad. He had that Strong Guy weakness as well where his heart could give out...

spetznaz

DarkSaint85
Plus a giant axe, and flight.

spetznaz

One Big Mob
Khabib is wildly stronger than Conor though.

zopzop
SG stomps. The only Rulk that she would lose to would be Loebforce Rulk.

StyleTime
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Khabib is wildly stronger than Conor though.
Nah. He's just got a lifetime of wrestling and sambo technique backing him up.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by StyleTime
Nah. He's just got a lifetime of wrestling and sambo technique backing him up. In addition to Conor being weak as ****. There's videos of him "working out" with around 105 pound squats, and I'm trying to find the weight of the bench where he's flailing to get it up. I'd be surprised if he could bench 200 for 1.

Khabib is also pretty weak though too, but not Conor weak. He benches 235 for 2.

Either way, he lifts more weight than Conor in addition to decades of wrestling. He is a lot stronger.

Galan007
Khabib is also pretty weak though too, but not Conor weak. He benches 235 for 2. Khabib is what? ~150lbs? If he's getting 2 reps at 235 that's decent for his size, and helps explain why he can overpower everyone in his weight class on the ground.

One Big Mob
Khabib walks around at like 190 plus pounds. At the minimum he'd be about 170 for training.

But that's close for anyone in the weightclass (though Khabib is probably heavier than most). Tibau used to be around or over 200 pounds for the weightclass.

carver9
@Spetnaz...

If strength and durability was a wash, you'll have an argument but it's not. Especially when taking into account that pounding on this opponent makes them more powerful. You're speaking like it's a wash in all categories when there is some major differences. Strength starts off at an edge for one and goes up significantly in no time and doesnt stop. Durability increases right along with strength. Speed increase. Healing factor increase. If this was grundy, your argument would make sense but looking at Hulk fts as of late, he could probably ko her with a brush attack. Two different physical tiers.

Speed, lol, this is the thing, I dont ignore comics so I am not going to say she or he blitz around at untouchable speeds. It just doesnt happen. It's like me saying Surfer stomps Superman by wrapping him in adamantium immediately along with the other thousand things he could do. I dont debate like that and I'm not going to do it now. The speed difference, yeah, she/he gets the first couple of licks, Hulk gets pissed and one punch him/her into a deep sleep. It's just that simple.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
@Spetnaz...

If strength and durability was a wash, you'll have an argument but it's not. Especially when taking into account that pounding on this opponent makes them more powerful. You're speaking like it's a wash in all categories when there is some major differences. Strength starts off at an edge for one and goes up significantly in no time and doesnt stop. Durability increases right along with strength. Speed increase. Healing factor increase. If this was grundy, your argument would make sense but looking at Hulk fts as of late, he could probably ko her with a brush attack. Two different physical tiers.

Speed, lol, this is the thing, I dont ignore comics so I am not going to say she or he blitz around at untouchable speeds. It just doesnt happen. It's like me saying Surfer stomps Superman by wrapping him in adamantium immediately along with the other thousand things he could do. I dont debate like that and I'm not going to do it now. The speed difference, yeah, she/he gets the first couple of licks, Hulk gets pissed and one punch him/her into a deep sleep. It's just that simple.

It's not Hulk. It's Rulk.
https://i.postimg.cc/w1WyLnf6/RCO005.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/QHJWxFcK/RCO006-w.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/Lhf1wCXT/RCO007-w.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/D8TXTr4K/RCO008.jpg

But wait. It's Wolverine. Adamantium blah blah. Elektra's sais stabbed him just fine:

And his eyes didn't heal until a whole issue or two later, lol.
https://i.postimg.cc/DSf4W7cj/RCO020.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/XZGJFqB8/RCO003.jpg

He could still call on the Loebforce during this time, btw.

Point is, Wolverine was faster than Rulk. And was unable to fly. And doesn't have this axe.

And still carved him up (no pun intended).

DarkSaint85
Btw, just to clear some misconceptions up (this is to spetsnaz):

Some posters said that Rulk starts off at a disadvantage, but then ramps up.

Not true. The madder Rulk gets, the hotter he gets. Not the stronger.

With that out of the way...

Here is Punisher, a human, stabbing Rulk:
https://i.postimg.cc/c4PVkYVF/4339031-9448874181-34986.jpg

Here's Valkyrie:
https://i.postimg.cc/HVCvY0mH/4339032-5386684887-redhu.jpg

Supergirl stomps here.

spetznaz
Thanks for saving me the need for typing a long message DS.

What he said.

Genii96
How good is his healing factor to being pierced on average?

DarkSaint85
It took him an issue or two to heal his eyes back after Wolverine clawed them.

He's no Hulk.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Btw, just to clear some misconceptions up (this is to spetsnaz):

Some posters said that Rulk starts off at a disadvantage, but then ramps up.

Not true. The madder Rulk gets, the hotter he gets. Not the stronger.

With that out of the way...

Here is Punisher, a human, stabbing Rulk:
https://i.postimg.cc/c4PVkYVF/4339031-9448874181-34986.jpg

Here's Valkyrie:
https://i.postimg.cc/HVCvY0mH/4339032-5386684887-redhu.jpg

Supergirl stomps here.

You can also add those to the list:

Tigra

Hellcat

random Nosferatus

And more, it happened many times. Honestly, I was surprised he was bulletproof.

Harpy Robots cut him up too, but they had adamantium talons.

StyleTime
In addition to Conor being weak as ****. There's videos of him "working out" with around 105 pound squats, and I'm trying to find the weight of the bench where he's flailing to get it up. I'd be surprised if he could bench 200 for 1.

Khabib is also pretty weak though too, but not Conor weak. He benches 235 for 2.

Either way, he lifts more weight than Conor in addition to decades of wrestling. He is a lot stronger.
There's a video of him squatting a man of similar size too, so there is likely context behind the video you're referencing(which I'd like to see). Was he doing this after some other workout? The bench press thing is just you speculating and being humorous though.
Originally posted by Galan007
Khabib is what? ~150lbs? If he's getting 2 reps at 235 that's decent for his size, and helps explain why he can overpower everyone in his weight class on the ground.
He's generally not using strength moves. He's just the most skilled grappler ever at lightweight, and one of the tops in general. I know you're not saying he's all strength, but I just want to highlight the the skill we're witnessing here.

When you see how flawless his mat returns are...instantly breaking down stand up attempts with that S-grip and forcing his opponents to post. When they fight that, he's like "Cool, time to go to inside wrist control while I punch your face in." When they try and base again, slaps the attempt away, often getting into sidecontrol. He's so good at crushing your escape attempts first, then bashing you once you're in a spot where you can't do shit or just discouraged. He rarely loses control from top because of that.

Even Ben Askren fangirls over Khabib's wrestling technique.

A better example of strength/power moves, are prime Rampage's slams. Powerbomb KO'ing Arona like he did is just freak strength.

One Big Mob
Show me the squat video. Also around 170 pounds in squat also isn't very good either.

Wait a minute though, here he is struggling with 135 pounds. Notice his closed eyes thankful he gets it up. A squat video is also there. 3 mins for bench.

SWluBOdXcjI

The guy in the video is wrong naturally. Blue bumper plates especially American ones are in pounds not kilograms. 20 kg for British or 45 pounds for American ones. Also lol at the UFC putting lines in there to look like more weight. You can see the split here:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/2ckhadEY-lA/hqdefault.jpg

That would mean that UFC has the smallest 50 kg bumper plates in the world in the red ones, if he were correct about them being in kg.

And yes, I realize Connor is more of an endurance trainer, but you don't train for endurance that wildly below your max, nor do you struggle with it either with terrible technique. The only other bench video I could find was him flailing where they cut off the weight. Them cutting off the weight leads me to believe it was a terrible amount. 6 minute flail

BqHgvspqYI0

Conor does a lot of calisthetics without weight though. There's really not much room to improve there once he gets to a certain point.

And yes, no one is saying Khabib is all strength. What I'm saying is that he is still wildly above Conor in strength, in addition to his technique. So using him as a comparison for two "equal strength" individuals doesn't work out the best.

XLR87T3
Red Hulk is comparable to The Thing in physical might, not counting Loeb-force Rulk. A bloodlusted Supergirl can easily tear his balls off faster than he can react, oneshotting him

StyleTime
Show me the squat video. Also around 170 pounds in squat also isn't very good either.

Wait a minute though, here he is struggling with 135 pounds. Notice his closed eyes thankful he gets it up. A squat video is also there. 3 mins for bench.

SWluBOdXcjI

The guy in the video is wrong naturally. Blue bumper plates especially American ones are in pounds not kilograms. 20 kg for British or 45 pounds for American ones. Also lol at the UFC putting lines in there to look like more weight. You can see the split here:

That would mean that UFC has the smallest 50 kg bumper plates in the world in the red ones, if he were correct about them being in kg.

And yes, I realize Connor is more of an endurance trainer, but you don't train for endurance that wildly below your max, nor do you struggle with it either with terrible technique. The only other bench video I could find was him flailing where they cut off the weight. Them cutting off the weight leads me to believe it was a terrible amount. 6 minute flail

BqHgvspqYI0

Conor does a lot of calisthetics without weight though. There's really not much room to improve there once he gets to a certain point.

And yes, no one is saying Khabib is all strength. What I'm saying is that he is still wildly above Conor in strength, in addition to his technique. So using him as a comparison for two "equal strength" individuals doesn't work out the best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azoadUAX7CM

Right, I'm not saying squatting 170lbs is strong for his size. I'm saying that, clearly, he's not posting videos of him maxing out on weight. You implied 105 might be a problem for him, but he clearly can do more even if he works out with way less. These "workout" sessions are largely publicity stunts, and while some athletes will throw some impressive displays out there, it's not a given. Was Conor cutting weight during this? Had he sparred before hand? Worked out? Trying not to do anything rough before some other gig?

It's just a lot of speculation on the viewer's end to call him weak after seeing that. We don't even know what exactly his routine is, and Conor is known for doing eccentric shit, like using Ido Portal at all. Maybe he does train with ultra low weight for endurance.

He wouldn't have had any success at all defensively in the 1st round if he were really that weak. Khabib could've just blast doubled him and put him in a crucifix. The strength gap you're suggesting here is pretty exceptional.

And yes, no one is saying Khabib is all strength. best.
I know, but it felt like it was leading there. Just trying to make sure everyone understands how skilled Khabib is. When you take his trips, rides, flawless head/hip position, mat returns, arm drags, lower body attacks, etc together, he legit might have the most comprehensive chain wrestling of any grappler to enter the octagon.

It's not like Demian Maia, where he just goes for the single leg over and over again while Woodley punches him in the mouth after down blocking it.

One Big Mob
Just what I thought. Struggling with the weight of a man.

And no, I didn't say 105 would be close to his max or struggling, I said he was "working out" with it. Indicating he felt he was getting enough benefit out of 105 pounds to do so.

And no, that was seemingly within a week of July 16th. Conor's fight was on Aug 26th. The link to the video is in the description, and here is the video the bench press is from (Seery's last fight in the UFC was on July 16th, not the date the video was uploaded):
h12kFW2Nm-Y

So around July 23rd, but definitely before Aug 8th, and it was his first time at the UFC Performance Institute for that camp, so his weight cutting wouldn't had anything to do with it, nor did he appear to be doing anything that would make him struggle for bench. Conor is just weak.

That's where his technique comes into play. You said it yourself that Khabib is all technique, now why wouldn't takedown defense be the same? He wasn't just pushing Khabib away, he was using leverage and getting underhooks as well as positions to help avoid it. Also Khabib was mostly just trying to wear him out that first round.

Bob Sapp is one of the strongest guys in MMA and his takedown defense sucks. Technique is vastly more important. Khabib is still way stronger than Conor though. The absence of evidence doesn't prove he move anywhere near the weight Khabib can, nor does his struggling help.

Roddy also was only showing the "highlights" of his training. If Conor was throwing around bigger weight or benching 135 pounds easier you'd think he would have posted it. I don't know if I have to watch more vlogs to find it, but I doubt I will. Like I said, I doubt Conor could bench 200 and I've seen nothing to doubt that. Same with squatting for that matter. Doubt the guy could squat 225 and that's pretty damned low... bar, which is what he'd have to do to get one rep and destroy his form.

Putinbot1
Mcgregor is a small man. He hits hard for a small man, but that is more to do with technique, timing and accuracy. His functional strength for a man his size is pretty good but... he is no powerhouse in terms of strength.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Mcgregor is a small man. He hits hard for a small man, but that is more to do with technique, timing and accuracy. His functional strength for a man his size is pretty good but... he is no powerhouse in terms of strength. Pretty much.

I used to be the same way when I was younger. I could out punch or wrassle with my much stronger friends but when I started working and lifting things that actually weigh something I was weak as ****. It didn't help that I was 145 pounds either and a skeleton.

I remember failing to slam a screwdriver through 5/8 OSB and pretty much bouncing off and everyone on the crew including my brother calling me weak. It hurt my pride on Vegeta levels, and now I can punch through it (with gloves because I'm a pussy). Plus I can pick up a lot of shit. I went from weakest guy on the crew by far to strongest guy out of anyone I ever worked with, by far, at least in regards to picking up or moving shit at work. Still need to stop putting off working out though now that I'm not picking up random objects at work.

I notice a lot of MMA fighters doing a lot of meme shit though with weights, or some being crazy weak. Or Sage Northcutt being retardedly strong but it not translating well at all to his fights. No technique I guess.

StyleTime
Just what I thought. Struggling with the weight of a man.

And no, I didn't say 105 would be close to his max or struggling, I said he was "working out" with it. Indicating he felt he was getting enough benefit out of 105 pounds to do so.

And no, that was seemingly within a week of July 16th. Conor's fight was on Aug 26th. The link to the video is in the description, and here is the video the bench press is from (Seery's last fight in the UFC was on July 16th, not the date the video was uploaded):
h12kFW2Nm-Y

So around July 23rd, but definitely before Aug 8th, and it was his first time at the UFC Performance Institute for that camp, so his weight cutting wouldn't had anything to do with it, nor did he appear to be doing anything that would make him struggle for bench. Conor is just weak.

That's where his technique comes into play. You said it yourself that Khabib is all technique, now why wouldn't takedown defense be the same? He wasn't just pushing Khabib away, he was using leverage and getting underhooks as well as positions to help avoid it. Also Khabib was mostly just trying to wear him out that first round.

Bob Sapp is one of the strongest guys in MMA and his takedown defense sucks. Technique is vastly more important. Khabib is still way stronger than Conor though. The absence of evidence doesn't prove he move anywhere near the weight Khabib can, nor does his struggling help.

Roddy also was only showing the "highlights" of his training. If Conor was throwing around bigger weight or benching 135 pounds easier you'd think he would have posted it. I don't know if I have to watch more vlogs to find it, but I doubt I will. Like I said, I doubt Conor could bench 200 and I've seen nothing to doubt that. Same with squatting for that matter. Doubt the guy could squat 225 and that's pretty damned low... bar, which is what he'd have to do to get one rep and destroy his form.
And he was seemingly mid workout when that happened, which goes back to the context I mentioned earlier. Again, we don't actually know his routine before and after, or how many times he lifted that guy. Same for the performance institute video.

I said you implied 105 is problematic for him. If he feels like 105 benefits him, again, he's done weirder shit in training and recorded it.
A massive part of the fight thinks his Ido Portal movement training is useless, for example. And fighters deliberately leave out certain parts of their game from training videos. It would definitely be an advantage to hide your strength until game day.

I said Khabib was technically gifted, but, you suggested a strength disparity which would totally nullify technique. If their strength gap was that wide, Khabib could just do basic football tackles and end the fight. No technique would save Conor at all.

Bob Sapp being a great example of that actually. His takedown defense was actually pretty good, so long as his strength held. Once he got tired, which was fast as he was nearly 100% strength, that's when he got taken down. He piledrived Nogueira during a single leg attempt. There is definitely a point at which strength overrides technique, and it would totally happen if Conor were "wildy" weaker than Khabib.
Also Khabib was mostly just trying to wear him out that first round.

Khabib is still way stronger than Conor though. The absence of evidence doesn't prove he move anywhere near the weight Khabib can, nor does his struggling help.

John Kavanagh revealed that was actually Conor's plan. They thought they could tire Khabib out if Conor shelled up the first round. That wouldn't have happened with this massive strength disparity you're speaking about.

It proves we don't actually know what Conor can move. The rest is just speculation.
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Mcgregor is a small man. He hits hard for a small man, but that is more to do with technique, timing and accuracy. His functional strength for a man his size is pretty good but... he is no powerhouse in terms of strength.
I never claimed he was a powerhouse of strength though. It's being claimed saying he's essentially weaker than a regular gym goer based on contextless videos.

One Big Mob
You're adding a lot of context that doesn't exist to limitations of Conor. And it absolutely is not in his character to hide his best work. That's why all the muscleup videos, human flag, and his "super rowing" exist; because he's a braggart. Conor likes looking impressive, if he had a massive bench he would show it. The omission of anything resembling good numbers from a man such as himself does the exact opposite effect however, and makes you think he's weak. We know he's maxed out or near maxed out in bench, but they even hid the weight in that video which is beyond questionable. So why doesn't Mr 500 Million Dollar Suits have a bench video with numbers?

But what we have seen is not impressive at all. Having trouble with 135 when he seems to be doing nothing else that would hinder his bench that workout is shit. Invent all the context you want, but I have to be doing my full workout with working reps and then go back to 135 to start having issues with it once I hit 10 or so reps. Yet we don't have videos from "highlights" of weight above 135. Hmm.

200 is a big difference too and giving him a lot of wiggle room there, but when he does nothing to prove he can bench that amount, you can't say he could do so without evidence.

Also him hiding a big bench from Mayweather isn't exactly going to help. People hide their techniques and gameplans, not their bench... unless it's shit.

I never said any strength would nullify technique. I said that Khabib was way stronger than him, and his technique was better, that's it. And Khabib is way stronger than him, but that's not saying the disparity is like a roided out football player vs a vastly weaker and smaller one. It's a different sort of game, and Khabib doesn't rely on brute force to work his shoots.
Khabib being stronger than Conor doesn't mean he's exactly ragdoll human territories of strength. Conor doesn't have to be that strong to stave off being bulldozed, he just has to train with wrestlers religiously for a while to specifically nail down the technique Khabib uses and defend against it. Which he did kind of OK I guess.

It wasn't really and still isn't. Regardless, that was smaller weaker Nog than old man Nog, and Bob Sapp is exponentially stronger than Nog. It's not little guys being little guy stronger than other little guys, it's Bob Sapp being 2 to 3 times as strong as Nog in every aspect.

Also lol at that being Conor's gameplan. That's either a bold faced lie, or the dumbest gameplan ever... especially when he was trying to avoid getting taken down.

And none of those contextless videos show him being stronger than the "average gym goer" except that his core strength is good and he can do pull ups. That's the issue there, you can say that it lacks context all you want from self admitted highlights from his team, but at the end of the day that's simply an excuse based on nothing, and it lacks any positives to give Conor a thumbs up in that aspect.

I would love for you to show me Conor moving more weight than what I said, because I don't want him to be that weak. But simply saying it lacks context doesn't help further matters on why he should be stronger than what the videos portrays.

Philosophía
kVs9AGqeKk4

Are you left handed or right handed, Bran?

John Kavanagh revealed that was actually Conor's plan. They thought they could tire Khabib out if Conor shelled up the first round. That wouldn't have happened with this massive strength disparity you're speaking about. Did you get this from quotes, or did you watch the Joe Rogan interview with Kavanaugh? If no, you should really watch it. I was surprised how laid back he was.

DarkSaint85

SWluBOdXcjI

BqHgvspqYI0

Thanks for this. It made my day - I feel so good about myself. The video guy sounds annoying as hell though lol.

'Ripped abs. Ripped abs. mmmmmm'

Clickbait vid though. The cover promised a deadlift.

One Big Mob

StyleTime

One Big Mob
I said 105 because that's a working weight that he feels he gets a benefit from. You don't curl 5 pounds if you do working reps of 40, same concept with squatting. He's either retardedly doing far below a benefit to him, or he's getting something out of his squats at that weight. Him struggling with 65 ish pounds more doesn't cross out him feeling like 105 for reps does something for him. I never said his max was this or that until I said he probably can't bench 200 or squat above 225. But what this does help show is that he probably doesn't squat far in excess of this especially if he's not used to it.
People who put under a plate on the bar for squats aren't putting up big sets. BW squats, the bar, a plate, and then 25 pound plates for 185 for warmup sets (if you're going to 225 anyway). That is normal progression for someone who squats at least 225. 105 in highlight videos is beyond questionable to say he's putting up beyond what I said.

The guy is putting on my warmup weight for overhead press on his back. Actually that's not a bad idea, I'm going to ohp for the first time in a year and see if I can crank them out easier than Conor at 170. I used to love them but I'm pure atrophy.

You literally just said that I'm claiming he's weaker than the average gym goer in defense of Conor. The implication there is that you do believe he could. Like I said, I gave him a wide range up to 200 pounds. I didn't say he couldn't do above 135, I just believe his hard cap is somewhere believe 200 as in a 1rm. Because he hasn't done anything to lead me to believe he could.

Again, 135 was never claimed to be his max. It's just a struggling working weight for at least 2 to 3 reps. Not flail struggling mind you, but you could see he was putting effort into it.
If I remember how to calculate 1rm correctly and we say he did 5 reps of 135, that would put his 1rm at around 156. 10 reps of 135 is 198. it shows the where he needs to go to get to 200 pounds. Judging from those reps I doubt he's going through 10 reps.

Khabib's would be 242 in comparison with some serious leeway. Let's say 190-195 for Conor at best. It's not astronomical, but it is a lot higher. Bob Sapp in comparison said he did near a 600 pound bench, and a 750-800 squat when training for football in college. Easily double the best you could give to Prime smaller Nog. That is who you're comparing him to there.

I don't hate Conor, I like him more than Khabib. Stow your bias accusations when you're saying he could beat Khabib in a rematch. I'm just saying a lot of these MMA fighters are weaker pure strength wise than people think. Even Khabib is fairly weak. Iirc someone like Tyson Griffin was benching 3 plates. Some people know how to train for strength, some don't is all. What matters more is technique and knowing how to deal with certain situations. And if you know how to actually use your whole body for moves, you can seem a lot stronger. Conor has an amazing core for example which allows him to not fold up, and allows him to transfer more power from the ground. He has a good connection with the ground which makes him harder to move around than the average guy as weak as him. I don't think Khabib has anywhere near the core that Conor has, but he's stronger everywhere else. Even something like a weak neck will allow you to get controlled more for grappling.
But anyway, there's things that are X-Factors for takedown defense that aren't purely strength orientated. It's not a strength vs strength game. Some floppy guy who bends in half at the slightest touch is going to be easier to take down than the dude who can keep tight in a takedown d position. I'd go into this more, but you can try it out yourself just by dude wrestling. Tighten your core and see how much different it is dude wrestling a guy with a relaxed core.

Right, so Conor's gameplan wasn't to wear Khabib out by getting taken down is what you're saying?

Anyway, I'll be back probably tomorrow and I'll tell you how my workout goes that I'm going to do right now. Eh, maybe I'll be back afterwards, depends on how fast I finish.

StyleTime
Nah, everything I said is right. Everything you said is wrong.

How 'bout that?

I don't hate Conor, I like him more than Khabib. Stow your bias accusations when you're saying he could beat Khabib in a rematch.
I offered up a possible gameplan(more detail in the sports forum) while admitting Khabib could also win, AND wanking Khabib's abilities for most of this thread. Conor has revamped his gameplan successfully for a rematch in the past, so it's totally possible.

Not really seeing the bias here, especially compared to your "Conor sucks" comment breh.

Philosophía
I think we'll have to wait a loooong time for the rematch.

Meanwhile, I'm excited about Cormier vs Jones 3..
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/10/12/17965686/morning-report-daniel-cormier-isnt-sure-if-hell-fight-jon-jones-or-brock-lesnar-after-derrick-lewis

Galan007
You mean IF Jones can actually pass a urine test this time.

...The 'golden snitch' sees all. thumb up

Philosophía
I hope DC wins, then it's revealed that Jon was 'contaminated' in this fight, too.

That way, he both gets banned and this 'shaolin-Goat' aura around him dissipates.

--

That said, sadly, I think Jon beats him again. It would be hilarious if he loses to Gus, though.

One Big Mob
Nah, everything I said is right. Everything you said is wrong.

How 'bout that?

I offered up a possible gameplan(more detail in the sports forum) while admitting Khabib could also win, AND wanking Khabib's abilities for most of this thread. Conor has revamped his gameplan successfully for a rematch in the past, so it's totally possible.

Not really seeing the bias here, especially compared to your "Conor sucks" comment breh. That's fine. That's how we learn bro. There's a time for style and there's a time for learning.
Like Yoda says "You gotta fukking be wrong to fukking learn sometimes you do."

I might be wrong, but Conor is still weak though. I cranked out 5 reps of 170 strict overhead press after trying out 235 bench for 3x5. Which gives me hope to get back on the right track because I thought I'd struggle with 135 tbh. The last 2 reps of ohp weren't the greatest though; probably comparable to Conor's squats.
And I'm an atrophic jobless bum too. Now I'm going to try and work my way up to 2 plate OHP Jobless Bran, last time I fukked my shoulder up at work, but it looks like that's not an issue anymore. Anyway...

Conor didn't accomplish anything in the match to draw the conclusion that he could have won is the issue. He basically existed and offered some measure of resistance. He didn't look wildly faster on the feet, he wasn't landing huge shots, he wasn't shrugging off takedowns or even win the striking exchanges. Could he have done better? Sure. But there's a difference between looking better and winning. You're basically going back to before the fight happened to draw that conclusion. You might as well just scrap the fight entirely and say Conor could win on paper.

Some of my favorite fighters suck. Chael, Wand, Shogun, etc. When Conor in your own admission basically runs into takedowns and into the loving embrace of Khabib, that doesn't help show how great he is, nor does that mean I hate him.

I like Conor but he looked awful out there and he followed a retarded gameplan, and then when he did have his chance, he was too gassed/throwing little potshots at Khabib. I understand he's not Sea Level Cain on roids, but a little more effort after getting dominated would have been nice.

One Big Mob

Philosophía
How much do you weight? He's 5'9'' and let's say 165 lbs walking, I think he should bench more than the numbers thrown around, but then again I don't have the 'feats' for it.

One Big Mob
He's 177 walk around weight in training camp somewhere around 3 weeks away from the fight.
He's around 170 on fight day after dieting for 6 or so weeks and trying to regain all his water weight. Within 3 weeks of the fight they really start dieting.
Those first few weeks of training camp, Conor probably weighs 180 or so.

Khabib walks around at 195 or more in comparison. Imagine all the organ damage that goes on there.

Apparently I'm 190 which is shit. I was 210 when I was lifting seriously, and going up. I'm fairly small right now.

DarkSaint85
I'm 176, admittedly with Roberto Carlos legs, but I'd imagine Conor could lift a fair bit more than me in bench

One Big Mob
I'd wager Conor could bench a decent amount had he applied himself, but I think he stagnated himself by never focusing on it. He became good at moving what he can move, but never became good at moving more. There's no progressive overload with what he's doing.
Not saying he needs it of course, but if you're going to take him out of MMA and look at him in pure strength, he doesn't seem to have it.

I'd be really surprised if he could bench 200 once without working towards it. I think that's a pretty fair limit seeing as how he seems to be getting a workout from 135 with a super wide grip.

I just looked at Conor's vid again and I don't think I can bench like that anymore. Doesn't feel right. I started doing close grip on the rare time I bench where my hand is at the start of the knurling and it feels way more comfortable.

leonidas
i keep mistakenly opening this thread expecting to see comments about red hulk or supergirl. maybe i'm doing something wrong? mmm

DarkSaint85
I defeated Carver.

Philosophía
He's 177 walk around weight in training camp somewhere around 3 weeks away from the fight.
He's around 170 on fight day after dieting for 6 or so weeks and trying to regain all his water weight. Within 3 weeks of the fight they really start dieting.
Those first few weeks of training camp, Conor probably weighs 180 or so.

Khabib walks around at 195 or more in comparison. Imagine all the organ damage that goes on there.

Apparently I'm 190 which is shit. I was 210 when I was lifting seriously, and going up. I'm fairly small right now. Khabib had seizures a few days before the match:
https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/report-khabib-nurmagomedov-was-experiencing-seizures-in-the-lead-up-to-ufc-229/

So...yeah. All this weight-cutting is taking quite the tool on the fighters.

210? Damn. Most I had was 205, but I was more Gecko than Woodley.

I still can't see somebody in Conor's shape at 180 lbs bench-pressing that little. I'm not saying that he does 3x10 of 200, but I don't think his balls would drop for a few reps.

Originally posted by leonidas
i keep mistakenly opening this thread expecting to see comments about red hulk or supergirl. maybe i'm doing something wrong? mmm Think of Bran as the depowered Red Hulk, and it will all make sense. He's went from Loeb's Hulk from a few months ago to Jeff Parker's Hulk.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by leonidas
i keep mistakenly opening this thread expecting to see comments about red hulk or supergirl. maybe i'm doing something wrong? mmm Red Hulk vs Supergirl is one of the most discussed and overanalyzed fight in comic history.

If it wasn't for StylishThyme posting Conor with dudes on his back, I would have never started OHP'ing again. Changed my life. Red Hulk vs Supergirl never changed anyone's life.

One Big Mob

StyleTime

StyleTime
This is why UFC needs to stop dragging it's heels and switch the hydration testing...
Switch *to hydration testing. OneFC figured it out, so it is definitely possible.

When I edit my last post, it just shows a blank box, so I had to quote myself.

One Big Mob
He threw like 4 and a quarter front kicks spread out over the first round. He could have did a lot more, but then so could Khabib. You're basically pretending the fight never happened and going back to on paper matchups. He could have also dropkicked Khabib and called his father a smelly Kunt too, but the problem is he didn't, and he didn't actually do much to indicate he was controlling the range and standup. Hell he got ****ing dropped when he did think he had his range found.

Those guys are terrible now.
And of course I'm judging them by their current status. I didn't become a Wanderlei fan because he fights once every 2 years. laughing out loud

"That Shogun who now has zero chin going for him? That's my favorite. I love the way he gets knocked out."

You're also taking it too literal, and also going off of something I said in the OTT. You're only trolling yourself. You realize where you are of course and you can look at any Thor thread for similar reactions. I'm not trying to troll you, you dug up something from another thread to accuse me of bias because I think Conor is as weak as a kitten (not literally). Basically, Conor is more suck than Conor showed chances of winning a rematch. So in terms of established facts, we'll go with a percentage here:

Conor = at least 50 percent suck
Conor = maybe 5 percent chance of winning a rematch based on what we saw

So by established facts, Conor is more suck than capable of winning. Ie, saying he can win a rematch is more bias than saying he sucks. So when you throw around bias accusations, I can cum right back in your face with that.

What it boils down to is you thinking I hate Conor because I said he sucks. Which is false. I like Conor; he is worse than I thought. I thought he'd either catch Khabib or get raped and get zero chances. But he got chances, and a decent amount of them, and he did fooking nothin wit dem.
Khabib gave him chances, and he still lost in that aspect.
It reminds me of an old saying:

"You can give an Irishman a sack of potatoes and he'll feed his family for week. But if you give an Irishman a bag of tainted potatoes, he'll feed his family for a week and then blame the British."

Of course I don't think he's the worst fighter ever, but considering your metric of "sucks" is saying Chael or current Wandy doesn't... I think we're always going to have an impasse about that word.

Also fighters hurting themselves to fit into weightclasses they don't belong is hilarious. UFC should be even more strict to see how bad it gets.

StyleTime
He threw like 4 and a quarter front kicks spread out over the first round. He could have did a lot more, but then so could Khabib. You're basically pretending the fight never happened and going back to on paper matchups. He could have also dropkicked Khabib and called his father a smelly Kunt too, but the problem is he didn't, and he didn't actually do much to indicate he was controlling the range and standup. Hell he got ****ing dropped when he did think he had his range found.

Those guys are terrible now.
And of course I'm judging them by their current status. I didn't become a Wanderlei fan because he fights once every 2 years. laughing out loud

"That Shogun who now has zero chin going for him? That's my favorite. I love the way he gets knocked out."

You're also taking it too literal, and also going off of something I said in the OTT. You're only trolling yourself. You realize where you are of course and you can look at any Thor thread for similar reactions. I'm not trying to troll you, you dug up something from another thread to accuse me of bias because I think Conor is as weak as a kitten (not literally). Basically, Conor is more suck than Conor showed chances of winning a rematch. So in terms of established facts, we'll go with a percentage here:

Conor = at least 50 percent suck
Conor = maybe 5 percent chance of winning a rematch based on what we saw

So by established facts, Conor is more suck than capable of winning. Ie, saying he can win a rematch is more bias than saying he sucks. So when you throw around bias accusations, I can cum right back in your face with that.

What it boils down to is you thinking I hate Conor because I said he sucks. Which is false. I like Conor; he is worse than I thought. I thought he'd either catch Khabib or get raped and get zero chances. But he got chances, and a decent amount of them, and he did fooking nothin wit dem.
Khabib gave him chances, and he still lost in that aspect.
It reminds me of an old saying:

"You can give an Irishman a sack of potatoes and he'll feed his family for week. But if you give an Irishman a bag of tainted potatoes, he'll feed his family for a week and then blame the British."

Of course I don't think he's the worst fighter ever, but considering your metric of "sucks" is saying Chael or current Wandy doesn't... I think we're always going to have an impasse about that word.
No, you see, there was more Conor could have done, but Khabib did all the normal Khabib stuff. Even the coaches said Conor threw out the gameplan. It's not like Khabib was actively stopping the attempts Conor actually made, which was my point. It's not like, say, the Barboza match.

And you said he sucks, which is categorically untrue. You're saying now that you were just being colorful. Okay, cool. Now that we know you were trolling for shits and giggles, we're cool. Nothing wrong with that. It's fun to **** around from time to time. thumb up

I never said current Wandy was good. Certainly not relative to his competition.

One Big Mob
There was more Conor could have done that we assume Khabib would have let him do?
Khabib stood with him for almost an entire round, let's not play the "coulda wooda" game. Khabib could have literally just held him down and gassed him out for 3 rounds and then unloaded on him for the simplest thing he could have done different. You can make up any sort of on paper scenario. Problem is, is that it ignores what actually happens in the fight.

"He trew ou da gameplan"

But that's assuming the gameplan would have worked in the first place. That's not a very good thing to base him winning a rematch over. We didn't get a basis to assume it would have worked. Like I said, might as pretendo the fight never happened.

Bro, this is what you're basing that off of in the Off Topic Thread. This is what you got worked up over enough that you had to say my hate was clouding my vision like the smoke in Conor's entrance.
Conor sucks too. He has zero pop past the second. He finally lands some punches and just throws taps.

And then almost gets his neck broken

Obviously I'm being colorful. I don't know what your metric of sucks is but he just got raped by Khabib with no vaseline. That's exactly what I said here. If you expect me to say Conor is the worst fighter ever... I will. Conor is garbage. Pretty mouth though.

That's still not filled with more bias than assuming Conor can or would win the rematch based off what we seen.

Current Wand sucks. Chael sucks but is better than Wand and Shogun. Conor sucks but is better than Chael. Different levels of sucking. When it comes to sucking, Conor is at the top.

StyleTime
There was more Conor could have done that we assume Khabib would have let him do?
Khabib stood with him for almost an entire round, let's not play the "coulda wooda" game. Khabib could have literally just held him down and gassed him out for 3 rounds and then unloaded on him for the simplest thing he could have done different. You can make up any sort of on paper scenario. Problem is, is that it ignores what actually happens in the fight.

"He trew ou da gameplan"

But that's assuming the gameplan would have worked in the first place. That's not a very good thing to base him winning a rematch over. We didn't get a basis to assume it would have worked. Like I said, might as pretendo the fight never happened.

Bro, this is what you're basing that off of in the Off Topic Thread. This is what you got worked up over enough that you had to say my hate was clouding my vision like the smoke in Conor's entrance.

Obviously I'm being colorful. I don't know what your metric of sucks is but he just got raped by Khabib with no vaseline. That's exactly what I said here. If you expect me to say Conor is the worst fighter ever... I will. Conor is garbage. Pretty mouth though.

That's still not filled with more bias than assuming Conor can or would win the rematch based off what we seen.

Current Wand sucks. Chael sucks but is better than Wand and Shogun. Conor sucks but is better than Chael. Different levels of sucking. When it comes to sucking, Conor is at the top.
There's more Conor would have done based on what we saw worked in the fight. He had moments of success that demonstrated there was another gameplan, then he just stopped. Your "hold him down for 3 rounds and gas him out plan" is exactly what Khabib tried to most of the match, as a I said. There wasn't much else he could have done differently. I'm not taking anything that didn't happen in the fight.

Saying Conor sucks because he lost to the number 1 lightweight in the world is definitely more biased than saying Conor, based on what we saw, could do more in a rematch, and potentially win.

One Big Mob
There's more Conor would have done based on what we saw worked in the fight. He had moments of success that demonstrated there was another gameplan, then he just stopped. Your "hold him down for 3 rounds and gas him out plan" is exactly what Khabib tried to most of the match, as a I said. There wasn't much else he could have done differently. I'm not taking anything that didn't happen in the fight.

Saying Conor sucks because he lost to the number 1 lightweight in the world is definitely more biased than saying Conor, based on what we saw, could do more in a rematch, and potentially win. Uh huh. "Based on what we saw work". Yeah those 4-5 attacks.

Khabib almost gassed himself out trying to finish a then at the time pretty uninjured Conor because Khabib was pissed off. Then he spent the next round unable to get a takedown because of that, while an also gassed Conor refused to throw any power behind his punches.
Khabib didn't have to go into that little rage though is the issue. We've seen him much more composed than that with a better gastank. What happens when Khabib doesn't punch the mat 100 times and instead just wears out Conor for the next two rounds? Just something simple like that would have sufficed.

That's not what I said though.
And if Conor can't follow the gameplan but instead iyo runs head first into the best grappler in the division, then that doesn't exactly help matters. Your entire defense is criticizing him for what he did wrong, which is pretty much the exact reason I'm saying he sucks = basis.

Conor winning rematch = ?

cdtm
Supergirl doesn't need an axe.

StyleTime
Uh huh. "Based on what we saw work". Yeah those 4-5 attacks.

Khabib almost gassed himself out trying to finish a then at the time pretty uninjured Conor because Khabib was pissed off. Then he spent the next round unable to get a takedown because of that, while an also gassed Conor refused to throw any power behind his punches.
Khabib didn't have to go into that little rage though is the issue. We've seen him much more composed than that with a better gastank. What happens when Khabib doesn't punch the mat 100 times and instead just wears out Conor for the next two rounds? Just something simple like that would have sufficed.

That's not what I said though.
And if Conor can't follow the gameplan but instead iyo runs head first into the best grappler in the division, then that doesn't exactly help matters. Your entire defense is criticizing him for what he did wrong, which is pretty much the exact reason I'm saying he sucks = basis.

Conor winning rematch = ?
Okay, I guess I'm not explaining myself fully here. My fault. Let's remember one thing here: Conor won Round 3 on all the judges scorecards.

His front kicks were the most obvious tool, not the only tool. Khabib looked lost at long range apart from one punch, which was facilitated by his grappling threat. He let Conor cut off his angles, lead him into kicks, missed counters, never parried or avoided the kicks, and showed little movement once inside. Conor frames really well with his right hand, and it allows him to land shots while defending takedowns. It's defense and offense together. Additionally, he can mix up that kick with body punches, is good at landing quick knees in the single collar tie, and far better spacing/head movement than Khabib. Conor tended to dominate the kickboxing range. He just, for whatever reason, decided to pressure Khabib into panic wrestling most times.

As RD 3 showed us, Conor has the toolset to make this match competitive. I didn't pull this out of thin air. When he did the exact things I'm talking about, he won the round. Framing, stuffing takedowns as they come rather than forcing shots, getting underhooks immediately, using a variety of strikes to open Khabib up, maintaining distance with kicks, etc. The only real question here is, will he be willing to put his pride aside like in the Diaz rematch, and fight smart in a rematch?

And Khabib didn't waste energy or gas. He did what Khabib always does, and Conor surprised us in the 1st round. Conor defended that low single pretty well, and was counter wrestling with surprising fluidity. Khabib just hit the crackdown to double leg transition super fast, as his chain wrestling is incredible like I said before. Conor wasn't able to respond in time, although he impressively fought off the leg triangle a few times.

I just see this fight as Khabib doing 90% Khabib stuff, with Conor doing 30% Conor stuff. He looked great when he actually did his 30%. I certainly have speculation about certain things. Would going straight to full guard be better than the butterfly guard Conor used in Rd.1? Maybe. The other stuff is me observing the fight though.

I think we can reach agreement here? Maybe you think his odds are only 5%, but he definitely has tools available if he chooses to use them.

One Big Mob
Because he was gassed or tired in the third. Both him and Conor were moving around like shit in the third. At the end of the second he was beet red and breathing hard. We even saw a huge change in the 4th where both him and Conor were moving much better, and Khabib wasn't throwing lazy takedowns.

Also no, Khabib is just not the best at kickboxing even if, but Conor wasn't doing much either. He wasn't trying to cut Khabib off or create angles, his feet weren't even moving most of the time, he was reacting to what Khabib was doing. Hell for more length of time than what should have happened, Khabib was standing still in front of him, as well as he didn't shoot for a takedown until a minute 30 and it was with weak and slow effort. He got another but he didn't again rally for it, and Conor was holding onto his gloves everytime in the clinch.
Khabib was mad, cocky, and more tired than you'd care to admit. He (and Conor) moved a lot better in the 4th and his takedown in the 4th was way quicker with a lot more commitment.

The only real question is if Conor fights smart? Come on guy, you sit here, call me an Uncle Tom and then you act like the only reason Conor lost was because of Conor? I thought we were friends... I thought we were best friends. You're now mitigating Khabib's involvement in favor of the one round where he wasn't quite himself and even the biggest Conor fan in the world (Dominic Cruz) was saying it. And it wasn't even that bad of a round for him either, he just lacked the step in his pep on those shots, or Conor was holding his gloves... or he just walked away from the clinch.

Khabib was full force swinging on Conor for a good while in which many didn't land well at all. It was basically a (slightly) more controlled Shane Carwin moment for a bit. Except I don't remember Shane standing up and sending punches from his feet that travel 6 to 7 feet to find their target. That wasn't the best use of his energy and it definitely showed in the next round. Plus just Khabib's striking as a whole where he most certainly uses more energy than the average fighter, but that isn't exactly unique to that fight.

And that would be more Conor stuff than what Khabib normally allows. I don't even think he set up his shots in round 3 in anyway either. The guy just shot, or grabbed. In that 10 percent where Khabib wasn't himself, Conor was... and he still wasn't throwing much power and 2 teeps the whole round. Hell he threw 3 teeps in the forth in a minute and then...

If Khabib was just given er beans the whole round and Conor was holding him off, I'd be more inclined to agree his chances go up. But as it was Khabib was a bit off (his own fault) and Conor didn't really take advantage of that. And then got raped the next round when he tried the same thing.

I'm not saying Conor couldn't KO Khabib, but I don't think using that fight is a very good judge to say Conor could or would win a rematch. Ignoring the context, it's basically going back to the fight being on paper. If they stand in front of each other for extended periods of time, Conor can win. If Khabib fights smarter and sets up his shots without having a fit trying to smash Conor's face in, he should have more in the tank while steadily declining Conor's.

Ifs and buttholes bro. If they have a rematch it might actually go worse for Conor tbh, especially if Khabib isn't quite as pissed off.

What I really want is either Conor or Khabib to beat the shit out of Tony Ferguson though. Can't stand him or Woodley.

psycho gundam
Khabib could have murdered him in the 1st round.

StyleTime
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=401458&from=thread&pagenumber=253#post16722640

I responded in the MMA thread in the sports forum. We derailed the shit out of this thread enough already lol.

Anyway, Supergirl with an axe is pretty frightening against a brick.

spetznaz
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=401458&from=thread&pagenumber=253#post16722640

I responded in the MMA thread in the sports forum. We derailed the shit out of this thread enough already lol.

Anyway, Supergirl with an axe is pretty frightening against a brick.

😊

Rage.Of.Olympus

StyleTime

One Big Mob

Anyway, Supergirl with an axe is pretty frightening against a brick. Pretty slimey of you tbh. No one wants to go to that dead forum.

I might respond later on, but I also might not. Navigating through that graveyard sounds great though.

StyleTime
Pretty slimey of you tbh. No one wants to go to that dead forum.

I might respond later on, but I also might not. Navigating through that graveyard sounds great though.
My quest to revive it will probably fail in the end, but I can't let it go. Nostalgia's a *****.

😢

One Big Mob
I think me and Fatnude used to post there, but then Fatnude left the world too soon.
At least the Star Wars forum is close to the Comic Books section. The Sports forum is right beside Death who keeps goading it to come closer.

The MMA thread still has Pride in the name and there's a thread from 2015 on the front page. You could rename that forum the Depression Forum and nothing would change. Might as well make a wrist slitting thread there.

StyleTime
I think me and Fatnude used to post there, but then Fatnude left the world too soon.

Yep. Batdude was a regular. Dr Leg Kick, Mark Question, Insomniatric, Quiero Mota, I-drop, smiley, whirly always had some account active in there, srank, Naija, Nibedicus, Mindset dropped in to troll all the time, and of course people who visited semi-frequently from other sub forums. Mungi, Robtard, some star wars people who's names I don't recall, Nemebro, etc. Plenty of others I'm not remembering. People across the site are interested in it, so it's nice when there's a central thread for us

Had some actual fighters or folks who trained too. And of course, the people who dropped in just to argue why MMA sucks or why Boxing is a better sport. Or why a Mantis King Fu expert would kill any prize fighter. It was great.

And we could argue dumb hypothetical fights that would never happen. Me and batdude went on for a bit about a prime Rich Franklin vs prime Chuck Liddel, not the Chuck that gets concussed brushing his teeth.

MThe MMA thread still has Pride in the name and there's a thread from 2015 on the front page. You could rename that forum the Depression Forum and nothing would change. Might as well make a wrist slitting thread there.

https://i.postimg.cc/rmLr98zG/tenor.gif

MrMind
they need to make khabib vs ferguson and gsp vs conor next
both fights at 155, then the winner of these 2 matches fight
that would be the best script

gsp one last come back from retirement, gsp conor fight would be such a draw to ppv, that's the money fight. but the fight would be no competition at all it's gonna be just a pimp smacking his biatch. conor would be the stepping stone to gsp getting the lw belt from khabib.
however i dont think dana white gonna let his golden boy conor gets raped again. let's be honest conor has no chance in hell against either of these three.

khabib vs ferguson would be a good fight, if khabib win

khabib vs gsp would be a fight of legacy, if gsp beat khabib, he gets lw belt, that mean he has belts in 3 division, making him the greatest ufc fighter of all time surpassing anderson silva

if khabib beats gsp and ferguson, he can retire undefeated making him top 3 in mma history no doubt

I think khabib only chance beating gsp is at 155, gsp might not make weight though

if they fight at 170, gsp would maul any of them. the only one gonna beat him at that weight is woodley and gsp not gonna fight him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.