Mr X vs The Greatest Swordsman In Comics!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
http://www.writeups.org/wp-content/uploads/Mister-X-Marvel-Comics-Thunderbolts-Wolverine-a.jpg

VS

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-s8K5T35AHHk/TZqqi43l7EI/AAAAAAAACQY/BWgbV8edics/s1600/groofinalsmall.jpg

GROO The Wanderer!!!!

Can the Fighting Telepath take on the near Mindless Master of the Fray!?

Both have two katanas.

WHO WINS!?

eek!

cdtm
Mr. X reads neural impulses. For that, he needs a brain.

Groo wins.

cdtm
Groo gets no love around here. sad

He's like a western Son Goku. Both are obsessed with fighting and eating, both refuse to settle down in one place or work conventional jobs, both are dumb as a brick.

Kid Goku vs Groo would be pretty epic.

And Mr. X has no chance. Even if he could read Groo's impulses to predict his moves (Would be a trick, because I don't think Groo himself knows what he does from moment to moment), he's still facing someone that solo's entire armies for fun. Dragons and monsters, too.

Flyattractor
Yes. Groo is one of those characters that is dedicated to being purley an entertaining and FUN Character.... I can understand why most here at KMC would not be fans of that.

Nothing but a bunch of Mendicants.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by cdtm

Kid Goku vs Groo would be pretty epic.

And yes... that would be fun... The World would not survive but it would still be FUN!

StyleTime
If Groo literally has no brain, then yeah, it's a tough matchup for X. I have no idea who Groo is, but I also suspect toonforce is at play.

cdtm
Originally posted by StyleTime
If Groo literally has no brain, then yeah, it's a tough matchup for X. I have no idea who Groo is, but I also suspect toonforce is at play.

Invented in the 1980's by Sergio Aragones as a Conan clone during the Indy wave. The writer of Usagi Yojimbo, Stan Sakai (Surely you know him?) is close friends with Sergio, and has letters for many years. Groo even appeared in an early issue of Usagi.

And yes, he's very much a toon forcer. Everyone calls him "slow of mind", and it will be hours, or sometimes days when he says "What did he mean, slow of mind?" To even attempt to think could take half an issue of panels.

But when it comes to a fray, he's virtually unbeatable. He'll join an army, forget which side he's on, and just attack everybody. And win, and then walk into the next kingdom or town or villiage unlucky enough to be in his path.

Because of the destruction he leaves in his wake, he's treated like a Force if nature. "Groo is coming!" is another way saying "Batton down the hatch's", or perhaps "Flee!"

A common phrase is, "Groo could not have been here. The town is still standing."

For all that, he's a generally likable character, who tries to do good. He didn't mean to sink all your ships, slay your entire army, burn your castle to the ground, and show your enemies exactly where your hidden village is, he was just trying to help.

Flyattractor
But He does love a Good Cheese Dip.

Originally posted by StyleTime

You should just hand in your Comic Book Fan Badge right now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.